Colorado Heights Camping Resort

Monument, Colorado

Recent Rate: $45 9/2014

jnateg

Read the other review from Sept. 2014. Office is only open from 9 to 4. This park starts to cut back greatly after Labor Day. Everything was closed on this "resort". It is a large park with numerous restrooms, if you are here during their season. Got a site in the north 40 and the only restroom and shower were just inside the entrance. Wi-Fi is spotty and drops off even when it looks like you have a strong connection. Road noise from I-25 is present but not too bad at night unless you get a spot close to it. Water pressure is poor! The pressure pulsates from 20 to 35 psi. This is a known problem and they have attempted to fix it before. Keep the park map in your vehicle so that you don't end up on a dead end! Too expensive for the value provided! We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

kdlee747

First, the woman on the phone when I called to check availability was very helpful and accommodating. I was going to arrive right at dusk and needed full hookups. She gave me a site number over the phone to expedite my after hours check-in and I really appreciated that. We discussed the size of my rig - 42' - and my desire for a pull-through so I would not need to unhook. That was the good part. We actually got there quite a bit later due to traffic, etc., and it was windy and heavy mist/drizzle. We gabbed a map and proceeded to our pre-assigned site. The interior roads were very narrow, winding and lined with trees. We had a long trip to our site around the park and through a rabbit warren - luckily we were intercepted halfway there by the brand new night manager. He helped us find our site - but a big rig pull-through it was not - not even remotely. There was no way I could make the more than 90 degree turn on the road leading to the site which was shorter than my MH - never mind the truck. The night manager went looking for something big enough for us and found a 30 amp on the opposite end of the park - over the river and through the woods, up and down some hills - where we did fit and had to unhook and back in. The roads/sites up there were heavy sand which was wet - and cakey. I would not recommend this place for a "big rig" after my experience. Arriving in daylight and dry conditions might temper that opinion. It was right on the highway with corresponding noise, which was another downside. Did not use Wi-Fi, bathrooms, or laundry. The price was way too high for the aggravation of trying to use the park and just needing a safe place for the night. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Fun4All

Date of Stay:

Park nestled in forested area, hearing distance from interstate freeway. Some roads paved, some dirt. Nice, friendly getaway campground. (Nightly rate for us is $0 as we are members.) We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Pepper Dan

Very nice large RV resort with paved roads, gravel sites with table and lots of trees. Roads are paved, narrow and steep. Have partial and full hook up sites but only a few sites with 50 amps. Separate tent area and rental cabins. Game room, club house, pool, mini golf, kids play areas, small fishing pond and small store. Lots of kids in the summer and holidays. Scheduled activities on weekends. Free password protected and strong Wi-Fi. Good Verizon cell and 4G signal in the park. Satellite TV signal in only a few non tree sites. local TV on antenna in most sites. Staff friendly and helpful and accepts pets. Campground geared more for families on weekends but OK for full timers. Two laundries rooms, small and clean. Closes for season on Oct 1. Five miles outside of Colorado Springs. Would stay there again. Membership park. Cost listed is for ROD. Accepts C2C but not RPI or PA. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

whitet3260

Rate quoted is for Coast to Coast members. Friendly, helpful staff. Restaurant on-site. Lake VERY low in August. Roads paved, concrete pads. Easy to find. Quiet. Nice landscaping. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Chuck W.

Nice large park but tough for large rigs. Sites are typically not level, Wi-Fi is too weak, and the water pressure is low. It is crowded with sites too close, and noisy in the summer. It is rated as Coast to Coast Premium-but should be Classic. Only one 50 amp site available in the main park with old wiring. 50 amp available on the hill (called the parking lot) in all of the sites there. A pool available but is small and crowded. Hot tubs (2) work some of the time. No fire mitigation in the park even with two major fires within 10 miles in the past year. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

walt66

Large park, some freeway noise, good power, AT&T signal good. Unlike prior poster, we had no problem with either the water pressure or Wi-Fi. We stayed on the upper lot, out of the trees. Stayed here in a 40 ft MH, a little tight getting to the top lot. We would stay here again. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Roadtrip2

Water inconsistent pressure from 0 to dribble. WiFi also inconsistent: rarely good connection. Rental unit we saw had matted and stained carpet, stained furniture, ragged curtains, and the windows didn't work. One very rude workkamper. The hot tub was lukewarm and so cloudy we couldn't see our feet. If we had known then what we know now, we would never had purchased a membership. After a couple of letters to the owners, we have not received a response to address our concerns. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Ed P

Drive carefully around this site. RVs are packed in tighter than sardines. Pleasant stay. Upside: easy access from the highway, amenities were plentiful, host were helpful and pleasant. Very clean. Downside: Highway noise kept us up at night, not a good place if you are expecting a private, quiet location. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Excop

I wish we had more time to spend here - stopped on the way north. Nice view of Pike's Peak from the site, very friendly and helpful staff getting us settled in. Overlooks the I-25 but you don't hear to traffic due to the abundant trees. Was here in the spring - may come back in the winter when there is snow. Site was sloped but that is what levelers are for and the view made up for it. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

R Lee

What an extremely clean park: the bathrooms shine. The staff was great. They lead me to my site and helped me with a leak at my water heater: no charge. He spent over an hour working on it with me; also gave me parts out of his own supplies. The streets seemed narrow, do to a lot of trees. But there was plenty of room to get in with my 40 foot rig. I would love an opportunity to return to this park when the season is going. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

PugetSound

Stayed under ROD - put up in the northern flat gravel area - even though lots of spaces were empty in other areas. Roads are AWFULLY narrow, take time getting in. Branches overhang the roads - lost a black tank vent on one of them trying to leave. Also exiting the top area was difficult because of erosion and people parking cars out in the road and the staff doesn't care. Road traffic is very loud. Not sure if we would stay again. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

bambilynn

Camped here under ROD; I understand that this park is no longer selling ROD and may no longer accept ROD members. Time will tell. Very large park on top of Monument Hill (over 7000 feet) right on I-25 with constant drone of traffic. Was surprised that all activities were already shut down for the season as well as all restrooms except the one at the entrance. Sites were assigned but they were very accommodating when I asked for a different site so we could get satellite TV. Dirt sites with trees and picnic tables. Would camp here again. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Wise Old Man

I liked the fact that the spaces were not on top of each other. No one seemed crowded. That was excellent. The water, sewer and electric hookups were all good. The place was clean as a whistle. Each space had a clean picnic table. They did have a lot of activities, putt-putt golf, pool, playground, BBQ's, bon fires, breakfasts, tons of things to do for young parents and their small children. It is a hilly parking lot: not a single blade of grass in the entire place. Just gravel and pine trees. Not a single level space. Walking around we saw many brave attempts at getting RV's level. There was one RV up on several two by fours under the tires on one side. We stood here trying to figure out how on earth he got it up onto the boards. It looked precarious at best, especially since the 2x4's were narrower than the tires. Ours wasn't as bad, but it did take all of our leveling boards to get it close, but not quite, level. While walking around the campground, we encountered numerous whiffs of sewage at the Southern end. The staff was friendly although I'm not sure I would have put an older couple next to the playground with screaming kids. This campground is right next to the Interstate highway. The highway noise was worse than you would expect since the highway at that point is going up a fairly steep grade causing the semi trucks to shift to lower gears making for even more noise as they climb the grade. Other campgrounds, please take note: older adults usually do not care to listen to screaming children. We did it when we were younger and once was enough. Do not assign spaces next to playgrounds to older campers! There was no cable TV or Wi-Fi. Using the antenna and antenna amplifier, we could only receive two English speaking stations and six or seven Spanish channels. One of the English channels was PBS, the other was NBC in Colorado Springs. This is a private resort campground, but it came up short of our expectations. When our adult child was younger I think we might have enjoyed the place with all of its activities for children. As older Baby Boomers, it just wasn't quite our style. We are after peace and tranquility. This place was anything but peaceful or tranquil. It was more like camping in an amusement park. I have nothing against small children: I was once one myself, so I'm told. I just don't want to pay to listen to them scream for hours on end. The place had a lot of pluses, but none we would enjoy. I can’t complain too much since we were staying for free (I had to enter $1 since this website will not accept a zero). It was part of a 90 minute membership presentation. I think some of our disappointments might have been more because of our style and age, not so much the park. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

JEANIE1024

Came in under ROD membership. Nice park, lots of beautiful trees.. Clean bathrooms.. Really great staff.. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Colorado Heights Camping Resort?