Monument, Colorado

• Billiards Billiards yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $5.00

Large Park with a good mixture of treed and open sites. The upper level has good verizon cell service and easy satellite hook up. Park is close to the highway so there is significant vehicle noise. Park has some deferred maintenance and could use some TLC. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

We went Boulder several times at about an hour travel. Monument has a grocery, fuel and ample supplies.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $55.00

My pull through site I requested was barely a pull through. The guy said it's easier to back in. OK, I did that and with where they want you to park the trailer either the slideout won't go out or I couldn't use the awning because of the trees they left. So I had to position the trailer forward so I could use both. I had barely enough room to park my truck in the front. And parking at the rear was on a hill so that wouldn't work. Power, water and sewer hookups were good. Then there was the noise from I-25. Since the speed limit is 75 and everyone does 85 and it's the top of the hill you hear the traffic all day and night. You are up at 5 a.m. Whether you like it or not. I will find another campground if in the area. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

20 minutes to Colorado Springs and all nearby activities. Cell and TV reception were good.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $5.00

Yes, lots of trees making it tricky to get into sites. The "guide" will show you to site but not help you get aligned between trees. We had no problems with slides in our site, huge corner site at back of property with 50 amp. Yes, road noise is constant and annoying at times, we simply put a fan in the bedroom for white noise. Lots of hummingbirds and a few other birds to watch. The office has a lending library of DVDs, including recent releases. That's very handy. 2 week stay on membership basis. Would stay again. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

C48

Must eat at La Casa Fiesta, superb Mexican food and good margaritas.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $55.00

Spent the night on our way to Denver. We requested a 30A pull through site. The site was about 30' long not long enough for 25' TT and pickup. Trees were so close that it was not possible to pull through. Site C-6 is not even close to level. The final straw was that hookups were on the wrong side. We just connected power, spent the night and left early the next morning. We travel from Dallas to Denver yearly. Will never stay here again. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

C-6
Sand
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $10.00

As someone else stated-TREES. They are a big problem getting to and from your site. We have a 32' TT and still had to be very careful. I do not see how some of these large MH and 5th wheels make it without damage. We have stayed here on several occasions and that is the main problem. I don't know why they don't cut some trees. It's not like there is a shortage in the park. Would have given a higher rating except for this. Other than that: nice staff, very helpful in all respects. We had a site at the highest area in the park and therefore easy satellite setup. I am sure others had a problem. Fair wifi. We would stay here again. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $55.00

At check in was asked 50 or 30 Amp "we charge more for 50 Amp". Said I would take 50 Amp. Asked for cash. OK, paid cash. Asked if I needed a guide, yes that would be nice. Guide took us to our spot, asked for an additional $ 5.00 since we were at a 50 Amp spot. By this time I was getting a little wary of extras. Asked why he was charging more since I had already paid for 50 Amp. He said I only paid for 30 Amp. Not wanting to argue, I said fine, take me to a 30 Amp spot, which he did. No cable, no wifi, only showers open were in the office area far away from our parking spot. Guess they were tired of cleaning them. Will never stay here or any affiliated "Resort" again. Recommend no others do either. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Quiet considering it's proximity to I-25

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $10.00

A well-maintained park, but the roads were narrow and the sites were not very roomy. The wooded sites could be very tricky to get into. The "wi-fi lounge" was a laugh. It was the only place you could get wi-fi, other than at the office, and even then it was as slow as dial-up and often disconnected. She explained it goes thru their phone line and is always like that, which is way under what is needed for a park this size. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

N14

about a 30 minute drive to Colorado Springs

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $50.00

We stayed here one night due to proximity to next destination. Use caution. Access to park somewhat difficult off and onto interstate, expect narrow pathways inside park to site. Park very full with "A" and "C" class, as well as those campers in tents and some local long-term camping. High level of interstate road noise, all night. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $10.00

The only negative for this resort is how close the trees are to the interior roads. It is certainly doable to maneuver through the park but you have to be extremely careful and go very slow. The resort staff know how bad it is because they escort you to your site and point out the best way to get past the trees. If not for this one issue, this would be a perfect resort. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Upper section

Obstacles

Great location to visit Colorado Springs and the Denver area. So much to see in this area.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $28.00

This campground has an excellent staff. Pleasant, helpful, and always greeted us with a smile. The grounds are well-maintained and clean. Laundry room is clean, reasonably-priced with machines that work well. Bathrooms and showers are clean and roomy. Located besides I-25, there is road noise, though the grounds are filled with many trees that help the atmosphere immensely. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $10.00

Our stay here was wonderful. Everything was clean and well cared for. We especially enjoyed the pool! They have a variety of activities for all ages. The location is convenient to area sights. The owners and staff here are exceptional. We had axle problems and everyone was kind, helpful and understanding to our situation. I definitely would recommend this campground! We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

N81

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $23.00

We were a little disappointed. Upon checking in we learned that all the amenities were closed; pool, games room, hot tub, adults lounge. Apparently they close them after Labour Day each year, that's not listed on the website or when you call up so the kids were very disappointed. They could at least keep the indoor things open as they aren't effected by weather and would be useful to use in bad weather but I think they cut the staff right back. They also close almost all the bathrooms. We asked to be close to the laundry and for good wifi use and so we were close to the bathrooms at the laundry which are still open. The wifi is good from our site when it works. I think this would be a great RV park in the Summer as far as what they have on offer goes but they should advertise that nothing is on offer from September onwards. The bathrooms are a little odd, the taps and showers have strange turn on systems. We've travelled for 5 months and these are the oddest. Plus you can't alter the temperature in the shower. We're not too bothered by the road noise on our site but I can see why lots of people would be. People who checked in at the same time as us lowered their stay from 7 days to 2 based on the fact all the facilities were closed and their site was near the road. I'd stay here again from late May to September but not off season. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $22.00

We had been traveling through 10 states before reaching this destination. We did not have a reservation for this late in the season. We got a recording telling us that a few sites were available behind the pool area. The roads are very tight for a large rig and site C43 was extremely sloped from side to side. It was one of not many that was a pull-through that we could fit in for the night. We paid via the kiosk and envelope. In the morning as we were pulling out, a man stopped us asking questions as though we had not paid or something. The price paid was definitely not worth what we got. The road noise from the interstate was extremely loud. Without a doubt, it was the worst place we have camped throughout our whole 3 month trip. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

C43

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $10.00

The site assigned to us was not suitable. A washout on the road made access impossible. The staff was very nice in getting us another site. Most of the interior roads were paved. The campground is next to the interstate and the highway noise was loud. WiFi did not work at the campsite. Had to carry my laptop to the program center to get service. Because of the Coast to Coast price we would use this campground again. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

N42

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $10.00

We got a discount for listening to a presentation regarding membership. I would not become a member of this facility. It is overcrowded, and too close to the highway. We kept the fan on in our rig to drown out the sound of cars going down the interstate. No camp fires allowed, and we kept the shades down the entire time for some privacy. This is not our idea of getting away, and we would have rather stayed at home. I guess I should have seen this coming when they couldn't find our reservation, and when they did, they didn't have note of our accommodations or needs that they had offered over the phone. We were promised a site "nestled in the pines", yet ended up on a completely dirt site 2 feet from the camper next door with absolutely no trees. I felt like we were trying to camp in our storage facility. Not our style. We camped at Colorado Heights Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Colorado Heights Camping Resort ?