7 Good

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • Spa Spa yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

We've stayed here before, but not for several years. The decline is palpable. First we noticed part of the campground is being turned into a storage lot for RV's with a score or more motorhomes parked behind the jumping pillow. Then you see, as noted by another reviewer, the front steps and ramp are rotting, the paint is peeling and someone will break through someday. Walk into the office, and a sign says they will rent you a fire ring for $5 and sell you wood for $3. It looks like the owners are looking for any way to make more money.

Our site is among the long timers and their campsites are messy, their vehicles are old and noisy. Since the sites are somewhat narrow and short, we have them much too close. If you don't want to unhitch, forget it. To be fair, the wifi works well and some other sites look cleaner and bigger, but our experience has been quite poor.

Some campgrounds try to inject some humor into the rules and this is one of them, but they are not professional comedians and the result is just to sound heavy handed.

Access to the campground is through a narrow one lane tunnel under I-25 from the south and if you are going north on I-25 when you leave, you will have to go through the tunnel. We watched a very long motorhome with a toad get through, just barely. The campground is next to I-25 and some may find the noise from that and a nearby railroad too loud. Interior roads are tight and bushes and trees need trimming. I guessed the rate since my wife paid it and she's not here now. KOA's usually are pricey.

Pueblo is not graced with much in the way of campgrounds, but next time we will look elsewhere. We have been to many KOA's and we notice many of them are getting old and tired, but this one is the worst KOA ever. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $45.00

Stayed at KOA for 4 nights. Interior roads are gravel as are the spaces. We got a heavy rain during our stay and roads handled it well. There were a few mud puddles here and there, but not in the interior roads. Mix of occupants between long term and travelers. This KOA is definitely "Kid Friendly". There was a nice playground that was well used by well behaved camp kids as well as a jump station. The noise from these areas did not disturb us. Close to I25 and railroad tracks but again noise not a problem. For those exiting on I25NORTH, you have to go under a 13'9" one lane tunnel to get to this KOA, so KNOW THE HEIGHT OF YOUR RIG!!! Overall an average KOA. Bagged trash picked up at your site daily. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

E7

Close to Wal-Mart / Sams / Home Depot / Lowe's / and reasonably good restaurants. Pizza sold at KOA and delivered to your coach.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $46.00

Nice park. Good TV and wifi. Long level pull throughs. Be careful of the tunnel you have to go through under the interstate. Narrow and not too high. My only problem is the price. Too high for what you get but typical of KOA. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

D2

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

First I will start with the positives. Excellent access if you are southbound on I-25, great friendly outgoing staff, easy to find, clean restrooms, and good little store. They make and will deliver to your site Hunt Brothers Pizza and chicken nuggets; they also have a small ice cream parlor in the store. They have a large gravel well fenced dog run, a jumping pillow, and a nice nature trail. I like the people a lot that own the place and think they are great friendly folks.
Now the negatives. The stairs, ramps, and rails to the office are dry rotted and need to be replaced. The rails are lose enough to be a major safety hazard especially for a person with disabilities like my mother. The road are gravel and some are very rutted, the roads are narrow and can be hard to maneuver with a big rig. There are some limbs that hang down in the way of your rig. My site was level side to side and somewhat front to back. The site was narrow and my slides were right up against 2 trees (1 more inch and the slide would have been against the trunk of one. The sewer and water where in the correct place; however, the 30 amp power was at the very front of my truck making it cord unable to reach it. Luckily, the park owner loaned me a 30' extension allowing me to hook up to power. Be warned if you are coming north bound with a big rig to follow the parks instructions on how to get there. The park is on the west side of I-25. The bridge running under I-25 that you have to cross under is very narrow and only 13'3" tall. The bridge was to low for my 5th wheel. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A2

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

They make Hunt Brothers Pizza and will deliver to your site. There is a Love's 1 exit south and a Cracker Barrel 2 exits south.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $46.00

This park is several miles North of Pueblo on the mesa amidst arroyos and sage brush. The sites are dirt but level and the office has a nice little store with scooped ice cream and available pizza. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

E6

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

We stayed here overnight. Small park right off I-25. The road noise didn't bother us as much as the yard light that went on and off every minute. Park is hard packed gravel throughout, level sites and sparkling clean bathrooms and showers. We didn't use the showers. It rained all night so everything was a mud bog in the morning. The tent sites are also hard pack gravel. No grass anywhere in the park. Nothing nearby in terms of food or fuel. If coming through again I would try another place as this was just OK for a 12 hour stopover. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

E

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $40.00

As typical with KOA the park was very overpriced, other parks of this quality cost half as much. The staff was very friendly. it was located right off the I-25 but kind of weird getting there. Site was long enough to stay hooked up. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

D-8

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $20.00

I am a contract Registered Nurse, one of the 'permanents' that some other snooty reviewers disdain to camp next to. I am NOT permanent, as are many of my neighbors who are doing contract jobs in Pueblo area. We are working professionals (plumbers, IT, health care professions, etc.). I reviewed this park a few years ago while passing through the area and I must strongly disagree with those who report this park to be 'run down'. The new owners have improved the grounds since I was last here, including a beautiful rabbit-fenced native plant garden at the entrance, better water system to the sparse trees I saw here last visit, (the trees have gotten BIGGER), and I NEVER see trash on the grounds when walking my dogs day or nite. The people complaining about 'bad roads' going to the property are exceeding the speed limit for the frontage road...just sayin, the road is just fine if you do the speed limit. Those folks describing 'difficult access' from the north are also blowing down the freeway off ramp too fast to plan the sharp turn (180 degrees) onto the frontage road that leads back north to the property. Eighteen wheelers negotiate the freeway under pass (concrete tunnel) just fine, but there can be some finessing the passage as the intersection has gotten busier with drivers from Pueblo West wanting to go through the tunnel to go north. The level gravel inroads are raked regularly with a small tractor, giving a very neat appearance. I have been here a month, and, yes, there is traffic noise, but the campground is next to a busy freeway?!? The people I have met at the campground are very polite and friendly. I was extremely lucky to get a spot during the state fair days, and, even now the campground stays fairly booked with over nighters heading south for the winter. All the services are working as expected, water, sewer, electric, cable. I've stayed in campgrounds that were 'run down', and this does NOT deserve that description! We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

N
Gravel, Sand

Paved road from entrance to frontage road is 1/3 mile, perfect for walking dogs early in morning away from other campers, stargazing, rabbits hopping around. Large fenced dog area has picnic table, tennis balls for dogs, trash can and doodie bag station. A nature walk/trail, smooth enough and wide enough for wheelchair access, extends west and loops around back to the campground. It's a leisurely 20 minute walk, within sight of the campground.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $32.00

Typical KOA, nothing fancy, but friendly staff that are very helpful. The roads need help. They are rough and bouncy from the freeway all the way to your camp site. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $45.00

Gravel pad, full hookups, large pull through spots and cabins, space to put up 2 man tent in RV spots. Picnic table, roomy gravel area around parking spot. Clean, quite and friendly park. Swimming pool, safe play ground, hot tub & inside ice cream shop. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

A2

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $53.00

We have stayed here many times in past without problems. Serious problem now getting into the park from the north, poorly maintained roads, overcrowded and full of permanants. It took 30 minutes to check in due to untrained new person. Traffic and train noise is awfull! We feel this is a typical KOA overpriced and deteriorating park. Will never consider this park again. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $43.00

This park is very run down, overpriced and noisy. Train tracks, highway noise and motorcycle racetrack all made for a bad experience. Hard to access thru tunnels and bad roads. Price was excessive and did not acknowledge discount found out too late and would not honor after we brought to their attention. They cater to permanents here. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

E3

Look elsewhere!

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $39.00

Sadly KOA standards have fallen and their prices have increased. The staff were lovely and this review is not a reflection of them at all. Our beef is with KOA and their falling standards and increased prices. Gravel park, no defined area of sites and road, not enough room for tow truck, which had to partly parked on the "road". Very rundown feel and untidy appearance. Although the restrooms were very clean they needed a refurbishment. Access through a narrow low tunnel. Very overpriced. Cannot recommend. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $35.00

This park is OK for a onenighter. The grounds could use some work. The staff is friendly. You only have to negotiate the underpass tunnel when you arrive from the South. The tunnel is 13' 3" high and almost as wide. There is plenty of room on both sides of the tunnel to turn and get lined up before you enter. I would stay here again. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $38.00

This is an adequate KOA but nothing too fancy. It's located very near the interstate and a RR track, so noise may be a problem. It wasn't an issue for us because its been quite hot and we ran the air conditioner during our visit. Decent (analog) cable, good WiFi at the site. Roads and sites are gravel and the pull through sites are long and wide. Rest rooms are reasonably clean, but being a holiday weekend with a pretty full park, the single bath house isn't quite up to handling the crowd. If you've never been to this part of Colorado, this is high desert with a distant view of the Rockies. The park offers an inexpensive pancake breakfast and some special food-related activities. Many restaurants and shopping are about 6 miles away. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Pueblo KOA?