Pueblo, Colorado

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • Spa Spa yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $47.00

About 8 miles north of town. As others have mentioned, it is very disconcerting to take the northbound exit only to find yourself staring at what looks more like a flood channel tunnel than a vehicular tunnel. 13' 3' overhead and a bit tight on the sides when you're trying to line up a 43 foot rig and toad. We opted to get back on the highway and try the next exit. Same issue, but 13' 10" overhead and a little more area to line up. We made it through fine. Back on the highway and the southbound exit dumps you off with a sharp u-turn to get on the frontage road. The worst access to an RV park, ever. They are doing property improvements, as the sign says, please bear with us. Another sign to warn you of a wicked cut in the road as you approach would be nice as well. From there, our experience was actually nice. The check in area was spacious. Staff was friendly. Not a lick of grass. Everything is gravel, from the roads to the sites to the area around your site; sometimes distinguished by different color gravel, other times not. We stayed in site E-3. M1-3 sites are very spacious with paver patios, fire pit, iron furniture; worth the premium if you plan to spend time at your site and enjoy the outdoors. Utilities were good, WiFi good, water pressure good, 50 cable channels and channel guide. Sites level, some shade, most sites satellite friendly. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

E3

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $70.00

This park has very poor access from I-25. From the South, when you get off at the exit there is a one-lane tunnel that is 13'3" to access the park. This was too short for us (and we couldn't navigate the turn with our 45' rig to even make the tunnel), so we went up to the next exit. Same thing, only the tunnel was a bit taller. Every exit going north was like this. We ended up having to go 14 miles north to find an overpass so we could go Southbound on I-25 to get off at the correct exit. Then, when you get off I-25 Southbound, there is a U-turn to get on the frontage road to get to the park! We finally navigated this very carefully and pulled into the park and were told that we were getting one of their brand new pull-through Premium sites. The site did look new, and it was ridiculously long (150-180 feet), but the turn to exit the site was so tight (with boulders lining the road) that we could not get out and ended up having to back out for quite aways just to leave in the morning. There had been a lot of rain when we stayed there, and the roads were also washed out and muddy. This park is also VERY loud, with a train track right next to it that gets used by freighters every 45 minutes, and the highway right there as well. I was shocked that they were charging so much per night for such an unaccessible, poorly laid out, loud RV park. We will not stay here again. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

M 03

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $41.00

Good things first: very friendly owners are working super hard to make this place great. They clearly have read the reviews and have repaved the entrance and seem to be doing a good job remodeling. Check-in was quick, easy, professional/ The store is nice and they have pizza, wings, salad and ice cream that can be delivered right to you trailer, which is very cool. The bad: this is the loudest RV Park I have ever stayed in. I'm honestly not quite sure why. It may have been bad luck. But the highway is very close and there's that noise, which I expected. Then there's an hourly train, which happens at a lot of parks. But the people, as in my neighbors on all sides, were just so loud. Talking loud, shouting to each other, slamming doors, revving engines, dogs barking, yelling at the dog, laughing hysterically. Just on and on and on...on all sides. I don't know what on Earth was happening here. It was pure chaos. Hopefully just bad luck. Really nice owners. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $53.00

As is typical of most KOAs it is an older park but attempts are being made to upgrade the facility. The sites are close together but doable and interior roads are pretty tight maneuvering especially for a 43' motorhome. Overall the park is not worth $53 dollars a night, $47 with a KOA club card. One thing I didn't know about until I arrived was once you exit off I-25 you have to go through a relatively short tunnel which is marked at 13'3". It is one way only and you're advised to honk before entering so anyone coming the opposite direction will know you're there. The width of the tunnel is not a problem however. The park is basically packed dirt with some gravel so if it rains it can make for a mess with mud. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

E6

If you don't want to cook the park has a kitchen which will make pizza and wings which they will deliver to your site. The food is very good and reasonably priced. Pizza and wings fed 4 adults for around $20.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

We stayed one night while passing through. It was quite muddy because of recent rains. The roads need improvement. It was pricy for one night. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $72.00

The only reason we would stay here again is due to location. The KOA is fine, but not worth the money. They charged $5 per person after the first 2. Considering the fact that we didn't use their restroom, shower, pool, etc., that is a bit too expensive at $72 a night, and that was with the KOA discount! We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

D03

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $36.00

Employees are very friendly and helpful. Utilities at site were good- good voltage for electric; water pressure seemed a bit high but due to cold weather I didn't hookup, just filled my tank. Site was gravel and not level side to side so I used boards to level. It was also short so I had to unhook and park on an angle in site. Roads are gravel and washed out in places. Since it was off season most of the amenities were shut down. Park was quiet except for the interstate traffic and the hourly trains about a 1/4 mile away. The access road was okay except for the pot hole I had to dodge at the entrance from the frontage road. Convenient location to Pueblo, shopping and restaurants. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A1

About 6 miles to shopping and restaurants.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $12.00

Park is right on the highway, so it is a "Journey" KOA. Not much else to recommend it. As stated previously, the stairs and porch at the office are not maintained, and an accident waiting to happen. Streets are super narrow. The dog park is behind a huge parking lot of storage RVs. It is a fenced dirt lot. That's it. The dust stirred up by the dogs leave everyone in a cloud. The owner berated the poor office worker right in front of us after trying to blame me for a mix-up in the reservation using our KOA points. Overall disappointing will never stay here again. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

We've stayed here before, but not for several years. The decline is palpable. First we noticed part of the campground is being turned into a storage lot for RV's with a score or more motorhomes parked behind the jumping pillow. Then you see, as noted by another reviewer, the front steps and ramp are rotting, the paint is peeling and someone will break through someday. Walk into the office, and a sign says they will rent you a fire ring for $5 and sell you wood for $3. It looks like the owners are looking for any way to make more money.

Our site is among the long timers and their campsites are messy, their vehicles are old and noisy. Since the sites are somewhat narrow and short, we have them much too close. If you don't want to unhitch, forget it. To be fair, the wifi works well and some other sites look cleaner and bigger, but our experience has been quite poor.

Some campgrounds try to inject some humor into the rules and this is one of them, but they are not professional comedians and the result is just to sound heavy handed.

Access to the campground is through a narrow one lane tunnel under I-25 from the south and if you are going north on I-25 when you leave, you will have to go through the tunnel. We watched a very long motorhome with a toad get through, just barely. The campground is next to I-25 and some may find the noise from that and a nearby railroad too loud. Interior roads are tight and bushes and trees need trimming. I guessed the rate since my wife paid it and she's not here now. KOA's usually are pricey.

Pueblo is not graced with much in the way of campgrounds, but next time we will look elsewhere. We have been to many KOA's and we notice many of them are getting old and tired, but this one is the worst KOA ever. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $45.00

Stayed at KOA for 4 nights. Interior roads are gravel as are the spaces. We got a heavy rain during our stay and roads handled it well. There were a few mud puddles here and there, but not in the interior roads. Mix of occupants between long term and travelers. This KOA is definitely "Kid Friendly". There was a nice playground that was well used by well behaved camp kids as well as a jump station. The noise from these areas did not disturb us. Close to I25 and railroad tracks but again noise not a problem. For those exiting on I25NORTH, you have to go under a 13'9" one lane tunnel to get to this KOA, so KNOW THE HEIGHT OF YOUR RIG!!! Overall an average KOA. Bagged trash picked up at your site daily. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

E7

Close to Wal-Mart / Sams / Home Depot / Lowe's / and reasonably good restaurants. Pizza sold at KOA and delivered to your coach.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $46.00

Nice park. Good TV and wifi. Long level pull throughs. Be careful of the tunnel you have to go through under the interstate. Narrow and not too high. My only problem is the price. Too high for what you get but typical of KOA. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

D2

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

First I will start with the positives. Excellent access if you are southbound on I-25, great friendly outgoing staff, easy to find, clean restrooms, and good little store. They make and will deliver to your site Hunt Brothers Pizza and chicken nuggets; they also have a small ice cream parlor in the store. They have a large gravel well fenced dog run, a jumping pillow, and a nice nature trail. I like the people a lot that own the place and think they are great friendly folks.
Now the negatives. The stairs, ramps, and rails to the office are dry rotted and need to be replaced. The rails are lose enough to be a major safety hazard especially for a person with disabilities like my mother. The road are gravel and some are very rutted, the roads are narrow and can be hard to maneuver with a big rig. There are some limbs that hang down in the way of your rig. My site was level side to side and somewhat front to back. The site was narrow and my slides were right up against 2 trees (1 more inch and the slide would have been against the trunk of one. The sewer and water where in the correct place; however, the 30 amp power was at the very front of my truck making it cord unable to reach it. Luckily, the park owner loaned me a 30' extension allowing me to hook up to power. Be warned if you are coming north bound with a big rig to follow the parks instructions on how to get there. The park is on the west side of I-25. The bridge running under I-25 that you have to cross under is very narrow and only 13'3" tall. The bridge was to low for my 5th wheel. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A2

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

They make Hunt Brothers Pizza and will deliver to your site. There is a Love's 1 exit south and a Cracker Barrel 2 exits south.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $46.00

This park is several miles North of Pueblo on the mesa amidst arroyos and sage brush. The sites are dirt but level and the office has a nice little store with scooped ice cream and available pizza. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

E6

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

We stayed here overnight. Small park right off I-25. The road noise didn't bother us as much as the yard light that went on and off every minute. Park is hard packed gravel throughout, level sites and sparkling clean bathrooms and showers. We didn't use the showers. It rained all night so everything was a mud bog in the morning. The tent sites are also hard pack gravel. No grass anywhere in the park. Nothing nearby in terms of food or fuel. If coming through again I would try another place as this was just OK for a 12 hour stopover. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

E

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $40.00

As typical with KOA the park was very overpriced, other parks of this quality cost half as much. The staff was very friendly. it was located right off the I-25 but kind of weird getting there. Site was long enough to stay hooked up. We camped at Pueblo KOA in a Motorhome.

D-8

Are you affiliated with Pueblo KOA ?