5 Average

Wellington, Colorado

4821 E. County Road 70, PO Box 130
Wellington, Colorado 80549

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $47.00

This park is the worst KOA we have ever stayed at. The park in not kept up. The flies and mosquitoes are terrible. We had a tree full of birds that drove us crazy from sun up to sunset. The park has old, dumpy trailers that are permanent residents who don't keep up their site. The smell of the horse manure was so bad that you could not site outside and enjoy the weather. I am telling you stay away from this park. It is terrible. We camped at Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $47.00

I was referred to this park by a park mgr. in Loveland, CO because their RV park was full. I reserved 2 days ahead and was told on the phone that I had to pay by credit card then and NO refund was possible as they had a 48 hr. refund policy. Soon after my arrival I noticed an awful odor in the air. I found out that there's a cattle lot close by and the park frequently smells bad. The smell varies according to the direction of the wind and at times made me nauseous. I will never, ever stay in this park again. This is unfortunate as the staff was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. We camped at Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA in a Motorhome.

B-2

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Hope that the cattle entity moves far, far away!

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $55.00

We stayed here one night as we were on a 9 day college tour for my son who is interested in Colorado state. This was our first RV trip. We stayed in nine parks after but this was our first. We almost cancelled the entire trip thinking all KOAs would be similar. The staff was incredibly friendly, the park was clean, the facilities were also nice and clean. However, if paradise smelled like this and had as many flies and mosquitoes as the Wellington KOA, I would rather stay in a Walmart parking... on an egg crate. Sorry, but the bugs and smell are too much to overcome. Pass on it unless Walmart is full. We camped at Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $32.00

Things haven't changed - thousands of flies, terrible smell from feed lot or farm, especially at night. Unlevel sites. Friendly staff. Would not come back. There are two more KOAs in the Fort Collins area. We camped at Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $36.00

I spent several days at this campground. My first review post and I wish I had reviewed your website before staying at this facility. The previous posts on this campground are pretty accurate. The odor from the nearby feeder cattle lot is nearly overpowering and precludes sitting outside in the evening if the wind is blowing from the feeder lot. In addition, the flys are so thick that it is impossible to keep them out of the RV, out of the tow vehicle and off oneself. While the owners can't do anything about the feeder lot (except relocate their RV park), they could certainly have the area fogged every few days to get rid of the thousands of flys that are continuously present. The Wi-Fi can only be obtained while sitting in the lounge and not at the site as was promised. While Wi-Fi is good in the lounge, it is really inconvenient having to go there to get online. I most definitely will never stay at this facility again and I most strongly recommend that other RVers avoid this park. We camped at Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA in a Motorhome.

Uwe

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $42.00

Typical KOA - clean with all facilities. Problems: too many flies to permit sitting outside (they offer trail rides and keep horses, donkeys, etc); and they DO NOT HONOR THE PRICE THEY CONFIRMED. When we arrived, we were informed that their prices had gone up since we made the reservation. We only had two options: pay the higher price or forfeit the "full" amount already paid with booking. Contacted KOA Organization, who essentially informed me that NONE OF KOA PRICE CONFIRMATIONS MEAN ANYTHING! It is up to the individual campground to decide if they want to honor their own confirmed reservation! We camped at Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $31.00

We stayed at this campground during Cheyenne Frontier Days. Because they thought they were going to be full we stayed in the overflow area. The people that run the place are great. They want to do all they can for you. But, there is a feed lot up wind from the campground, and the smell is terrible. It happens only a few times a day (9:00 at night is a sure thing) and you can hardly breath. The electricity in the overflow area looks like 30 amp service but is only 20 amps. There appears to be 1 30 amp outlet there if you go around and check them. We camped at Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $38.00

When checking in I requested a 50 amp site. I found that 50 amp was available only in the “premium” sites. For an extra $8 per night we got a concrete pad that was not level side to side or front to back, and cable TV with only 24 channels. Water pressure was extremely low at only 30 psi, and sites were separated with only a few patchy weeds rather than grass. There were several seasonal or permanent trailers, most of which were old and in deteriorated condition. The campground was supposed to have WiFi but it was not working - it was due to be fixed next week sometime. It is only about 100 yards off I-25 so there is lots of traffic noise. I had originally paid for two nights but we decided to stay for only one. When I requested a refund I was told that a 48 hour notice was required for any refunds. I pointed out that this was not posted anywhere in the office or any of the campground literature, nor was it mentioned at the time of payment. The response was that this is KOA corporate policy and I should have asked when I checked in. So much for friendly customer service. So we ended up being held hostage against our will in this dump for an extra day. We camped at Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2005 - $36.00

Do Not Stay Here!, Not unless you want to smell the CATTLE LOT just 200 ft. above the hill to the entrance. All dirt roads and lots of dust, non stop expressway noise. We arrived and weren’t sure how long we wanted to stay. (Wanted to visit Ft. Collins) Owner convinced us rate would be cheaper to pay for one month in advance, so we did. Paid for one month and regretted it every day we stayed. Refused to give us a refund very next morning. The sites were extremely unlevel, even his new deluxe ones; which we did not stay in. It took TWO pallets to reach our steps. Mud holes and ruts. Most sites had old trailers and long term residents. Lots of old junk laying around them. Not a place to bring children. Pool had green mossy water. Wi-Fi never got working. Absolutely NO water pressure and water smelled very, very bad, we used only bottled water and water purifier in our tank. Unless you like tilting your motorhome so the tires are completely OFF the ground and rolling out of bed and smelling cow dung; I’d not recommend staying here; It’s a KOA DUMP. We camped at Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA

Are you affiliated with Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA ?