Acorn Acres Campground

Bozrah, Connecticut

135 Lake Rd
Bozrah, Connecticut 06334

• Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Acorn Acres Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

We stayed here during Easter break. It was very early and no other camp grounds were open yet. They graciously allowed us to stay in the winter loop for only $30 a night for full hook up. It was terrible weather (snowed). Sure, the camp ground is a bit dated and could use some updates but the person we spoke to on the phone to arrange the reservation was very pleasant. Her husband was the one who showed us to our place. I would stay here again. Friendly people, the few that were there. Thank you for a great vacation. We camped at Acorn Acres Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Other
Fire Ring

We visited Hartford, Rein's Deli, United States Coast Guard, Benedict Arnold's birth place, Ford's Lobster in Mystic. We also did a day trip to Rhode Island, only about 90 minutes away. It was cool and snowy but I am sure in the summer or nicer weather, a gorgeous place to be.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $35.00

Nice campground with friendly staff. This is a older park, great entrance road. We didn't camp much, were out all day most days. We camped at Acorn Acres Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $40.00

I am writing this review and sadly I never got to stay at this campground. We came to visit and checked the place out in July. We were looking for someplace to seasonalize our camper for the rest of the year. The campground was nice, they had a game room for the kids and an "adult room" which smelled moldy and looked pretty run down. Their store was terrible but despite that, the place was in pretty good shape and would have done for the rest of the season, until we could get into someplace we loved next year. We talked to the woman behind the counter to see if she had any seasonal sites available at the time. she said they didn't have any that minute but the beginning of August she would have a lot opening up. She asked me to fill out a card with my info on it and she said she would be calling me the beginning of August with the available site numbers. Well, the beginning of August came and went. I called, they said they could not find the card I filled out and retook my info. I requested a call back that day and never got one. So I waited another week and called again. They said they don't have a card for me? So, I gave her the info again, and she said she would call me back. Well, I called again this week and what do you think they told me? They can't find my card! So, they tried to retake my information for the 4th time, but to tell you the truth if they can't keep track of a simple card, I don't think they can possibly run the rest of the campground. So decided I would rather have my camper parked in my driveway than at a campground that was run this inefficiently. We camped at Acorn Acres Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2006 - $40.00

The campground needs the office and check in area upgraded, when we got there we went to check in and there is no computer system it is all done on little pieces of paper and then they take you to your site and your hookups where 40' away from your camper so they go back to office and some extension cords and hoses and come back and give them to you we also requested cable and when we got there the site we had did not have cable. The rec hall or barn needed to be cleaned it had bird droppings all over the place and there was a dog there that jumps on the pool tables and ping pong tables. The activitys never start on time. The seasonals are not the friendliest people in the world all they do is drive from site to site on golf carts. We will not be going back there anytime soon. We camped at Acorn Acres Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Acorn Acres Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2005 - $43.00

We were promised full hook-ups plus cable when we made our reservations. On arrival, we had to choose between sewer and cable--no sites available with both. We spoke to another camper who had also been promised sewer hook-up but didn't get it. While there was plenty of room for our big rig in the spacious grassy site we were offered, getting there was another matter--lots of low-hanging, close-to-the-road trees brushed our sides and roof as we crept along. While the internal roads are paved, they are also heaved and potted and sprinkled with many speed bumps. Bone-jarring, even at 5mph. But folks were friendly, the shade was pleasant, and the site was quiet and comfortable. Seemed to be lots of happy kids. We camped at Acorn Acres Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2004 - $42.00

A very nice place in southern CT, alot of seasonals and alot of transient sites mixed together with shaded and deep wooded sites, all roads were paved. There were two very nice tennis courts, a basketball court, small wiffle ball field and an older pool. The wash rooms were on the older side and had seen better days but they were cleaned every day. The club house had a collection of older arcade games PAC MAN and Frogger as well as a jube box with a great mix of older songs. Just watch out for the puppy who likes to eat your ping pong balls!! The adult recreation hall was immaculate and air conditioned. The store had all the essentials for the kids and adults. They had a DJ on saturday night and plenty of things to do for the kids. It was a very relaxing weekend and alot of fun! We camped at Acorn Acres Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Acorn Acres Campground

Are you affiliated with Acorn Acres Campground ?