Lake Williams Campground

Recent Rate: $55 5/2015

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Central Modem Central Modem yes
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $55.00

Read the previous reviews and can see their point, the bathrooms were terrible. It's a country bumpkin place no doubt. Yet, if you're looking for some quiet time on a lake or quiet country roads the this will do. I'd not tent here but if you are self contained i.e. RV and don't mind using your own facilities then this is a good place.

It's quiet and right on the lake, good place for small kids to catch Sunfish and enjoy the lake, great views of the country and if you cycle then Route 207 is a good route, decent shoulders and challenging hills. Again, if you use your own facilities this is a good place, if you need to use theirs don't come here. We camped at Lake Williams Campground in a Travel Trailer.

There is a IGA within 10 minutes of the location if you need anything (Main St Hebron, CT)

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $55.00

The Camp Store is an old dingy cement block building with dilapidated furniture, poor game room, and lacks amenities. The owner charges $20 for gate key which they said would be refunded when I checked out. Also charges extra for cable hook up. Owner refused to return gate fee, after discovering a math error. Owner needs every dollar even though I paid for the site in full when I checked in. The site I stayed was muddy with other nearby sites harboring debris attracting insects. This place is not worth staying. The only good things were the lake and leaving this tired run down place! We camped at Lake Williams Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $65.00

It is a dated campground. Went there with a group for the holiday weekend. This was recommend by one our friends who we camp with, they like the lake. Many trees need trimming, one party in our group had to trim branches before they could get into their site. Payed extra for cable, it was not good. My 30 amp service kept going off when using the AC. The owner said he has been changing out the breakers as they go, how about fixing them before they don't work properly. Many improvements needed. One of the worst places I've stayed at. The only up side was I was with several of my camping families. We camped at Lake Williams Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $30.00

This is an older campground. The roads are not paved, but were well graveled. Mostly seasonal campers, and all were very friendly. Lake Williams is beautiful, and you have a boat ramp right in the camp. Many campers were fishing or tubing. Very easy access for a canoe or kayak. Showers cost 25 cents, very clean but dated restrooms. Staff were very nice. I went to the casino on Saturday, bad day to go, very crowded. Lost, but it's only 30 minutes away. I'll be back again, I enjoyed my stay here. We camped at Lake Williams Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2009 - $25.00

We were not happy with this campground. When I called to inquire about a weekly rate I was told that a week is 6 nights. I told the person that other campgrounds consider a week to be 7 nights. After a couple minutes of discussion she agreed that the rate would be for 7 nights so I gave her my credit card number for a deposit. When I arrived, the campground owner’s wife stated that the weekly rate is for 6 nights and if I don’t like it I don’t have to stay. Because of our long drive I decided to stay. As far as the campground facilities, they are acceptable. Our site was at the top of a steep grassy hill. In dry weather it was no problem. If it rains for a few days I could see getting stuck in the mud. Because our trailer is 40 feet long, and about 13 ½ feet high, we could not back up all the way in the site for fear of tree branches damaging our roof. Because we could not back up to the rear of the site, we needed to use a 25 foot sewer hose, and a 50 foot water hose. Because we were on a hill, the sewer hose sloped upwards toward the sewer connection which is at the rear of the lot, and it did not drain properly. On a positive note, the campground was quiet, and you could access Lake Williams from the campground. I will not be returning to this campground. We camped at Lake Williams Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Michelle L

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $35.00

Enjoyed camping at this campground. Weather was nice: had some rainy days. Hosts were polite. A little off the beaten path but well worth it. The view of Lake Williams was great. Enjoy camping in the Northeast because the weather is great during the summer. Now on to other parts of New England, then back to NY. We camped at Lake Williams Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $22.00

We camped here in a motor home using Passport America membership. We were on the hill with full hookups. Drove through the grass to get to the site. Large site with table, fire pit, satellite Internet and TV. Phone OK. Lots of permanent sites. There are shade sites available. Road into park has lots of potholes which could swallow a Bug. Personnel very nice and helpful. We camped at Lake Williams Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2007 - $32.00

We called to see if they were open and ready for us, since it was opening weekend and there had been a lot of rain. They said they were, so off we went. We arrived and they had no idea where to put us. They settled on "the hill." We walked the site and said it seemed soft from rain. The man said it would be fine. We sunk to our axles. I went to the office to tell them the site was too soft and we were stuck. They told me, "You better call someone. I hope you have AAA." I tried to call and was informed, "Oh, we don't get a Sprint signal here. I guess you can use our phone, if it's local." Things only got worse from there. Would never go back! We camped at Lake Williams Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2004 - $14.00

The road driving into the park wasn't very good, but the sites were quite wide and had lots of grass around. We weren't beside the lake, but it looked like there were more tent sites at the lake front, with lots of trees. We used Passport America. We camped at Lake Williams Campground in a Motorhome.

Odetah Camping Resort

Bozrah, Connecticut

Aces High RV Park

East Lyme, Connecticut

Salem Farms Campground

Salem, Connecticut

Are you affiliated with Lake Williams Campground?