3.1 Poor

• Sewer Sewer no
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

I'm confused by the low rating here. We had a delightful stay at this KOA. The staff was beyond helpful and set us up with our KOA membership. The restrooms were clean, the site was level and we had the greatest fire pit of all time! One of the neighbors on a permanent site stopped over to chat, as did one of the other workers who we absolutely loved! We had such a good time around the campfire that night!! The next morning I felt like I was leaving family and they didn't make us feel at all rushed out, but chatted and shared places to visit and good roads for traveling. We were hoping to visit one of their other KOA campgrounds, but our travels took us in another direction. I would not hesitate to stay at this KOA again. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $42.00

I am very surprised that KOA has allowed the campground to affiliate. It is filled with many unused, rotting and dilapidated RVs. The person in charge often sits in the window of the office with a radar gun. If a vehicle is going over 5mph immediately upon entry to the park off the highway, she screeches like a banshee at the driver at the top of her substantial lungs! She is inhospitable, impolite and dour. Be careful when booking! Their sites have electric and water (which throughout our stay ran the color of urine) and grey-water only onsite dumps. They will pump your black water for an additional $12 per pump. Very little sunlight reaches the floor of the park, and it is located immediately next to a salvage operation - noisy! There are two redeeming qualities: it is across the street from the state park with nice hiking trails, and most of its employees are polite. If I were to stay in the area again (probably), I will certainly look for a different campsite. For the price, this one is a BUST! We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

The Submarine Museum in New London - 6 miles north - is a "don't miss." Here you can also tour the USS Nautilus, the first nuclear submarine in the US Submarine Fleet. AND ITS FREE!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

We stayed one night on our way home and this is an older park that was not well maintained but we knew this. This park is becoming a KOA and they are trying very hard to clean it up, service was very good and friendly plus the site was level. We felt bad for the maintenance people working in 90+ degree heat We will go back to see how they have improved. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Near the ocean and beaches.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $40.00

This RV park is very rundown. The roads are rutted, the trees untrimmed, the restrooms barely acceptable. The cable TV and WiFi both worked very well at our site. For one night it was okay but I wouldn't stay here again. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $35.00

I don't know what I was thinking, but I forgot to check RV Park Reviews before I pulled into this place. As previous reviews stated, this place is a dump, but I'll start with what's good. Easy access off I-95 but DO NOT TRUST GPS. There is a National Guard training site down in town called Camp Niantic that signs will lead you to. Also, the address in the mapping software is 271 Main Street, and that will lead you to a waterfront clothing boutique. When you come off the Interstate, hang a RIGHT at the T on 156 and they're just up the hill on the right. Whoever made my reservation could have mentioned this, the elderly owner lady sure knows about it. The area is fantastic, Mystic Seaport and New London waterfront are really cool. Wi-Fi is working (on it now) and I'm not real close to the office. We're in a 40' coach and in a pull through site, no access problems but some of the sites are pretty tight. Now, the bad. Trash everywhere, too many run down seasonal campers, roads suck, office building is falling down around them, office helper was drunk at 8pm when I went to pay (cash only), really bad for $35 a night, and they charge you another $4 if you use your A/C. The owner turned 77 the day we checked in, her husband the builder and founder died years ago and the place is just falling apart. She told me they've been open for 38 years, and I bet it was a great place for a long time, but it needs to be completely re-done with all new infrastructure and buildings. The trees are worth keeping, that's about it. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $40.00

STAY AWAY - Unless you like white trash camping. First thing you notice when you drive up is Trash Everywhere and nothing is maintained. Level 2 FAIL = the Office/rec room/ arcade, The overwhelming smell of Cat urine will overcome you and burn your nose hairs. The bathrooms are not maintained or clean. Level 3 FAIL = the roads are washed out and very close to each other, close as if your neighbor farts in his camper, you will hear it. Level 4 FAIL = aside from having only grey water site disposal it is only set up at every other site, The water pressure is so poor we had to use our in coach pump to assist it. The Cable is sparse and poor reception more than likely due to the direct burial cable line that aren't meant to be. The power is a 30 amp hook up but obviously has a draw coming from the source because it never got to that in voltage by my tester and will not allow you to run a A/C if you wanted to without melting some wires. The elderly woman in her late 70's to early 80's that owns and runs it is obviously overwhelmed or doesn't realize the level of dilapidation that has happened to this once probably very nice campground. THE ONLY TAKE CASH, NO CREDIT CARDS OR CHECKS, Not worth the $40-$50 they are charging for a rate, more like $20-$25 is more realistic. "HAPPY CAMPING" We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $35.00

What a dump. Charge for toilets? We looked out on a dump with a destroyed RV in it and assorted trash. Nice lady though. She's the owner, but she needs to retire and let someone clean up the place and make it a nice place to stay. Til then, I would avoid it. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $35.00

The owner is one sweet old lady, but the rules are not enforced and this has allowed for the park to go down hill rapidly. I truly believe this RV park is out of control with trash, and has become a health issue. Park needs to be plowed-under and completely redone for safety reasons. Sorry for the bad comment, because I really do like the owner. But this is the trashish park i've ever stayed in. Stay away. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $42.00

Planned to stay two nights but pulled out of the campsite after an hour. This place was not clean! Our spot was filthy, littered with cigarette butts and empty medicine wrappers. (!) Garbage had not been collected, so there were lots of flies. Showers are not free of charge and not clean. Restrooms were not clean. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $38.00

Entire campground looked run down and neglected. Circuit breaker panel in office had a large fan blowing on it to keep it from over heating. Wi-fi only worked close to the office. Very limited recreational facilities. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $38.00

Many comments are same as previous post. They charge exorbinate rates for everything including coin-operated showers. Mostly older seasonal rigs. Most of staff are nice except for one obnoxious women on saturdays. Would not stay here again. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $38.00

The road is full of pot holes and real rough. Sites are tight and slide outs close to fire pits, some campers are running gray water out on the main road coming into the park. They accept only cash. Check if you live nearby. This park caters mostly to seasonals or maybe even people that live here all of the time. Lots of older, junky looking RVs. Will not come back !!! As a full timer it will be best to stay on the side of road or Casino parking lot. We camped at Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA

Are you affiliated with Niantic / I-95 Exit 72 KOA ?