Hidden Acres Family Campground

Recent Rate: $44 8/2014

Longitude: -72.014482319355

• yes-river Waterfront

shasta63

Great sites and amenities. Friendly staff. Clean bathrooms. What else can one ask for? Cable TV included. Will go again. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

stanner17

Very nice campground. Great for kids. Clean and accommodating. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

stanner17

First time here and I was really impressed. Lots of activities for kids. Clean restrooms. Wi-Fi worked well. Would recommend and will return. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Tent Trailer.

buckeye1268

The park itself appears to be well maintained and offer a lot of activities. When making a reservation no mention was made of how to get into the park. If you are coming from the north and use River Road, I would not recommend doing that. The road is extremely narrow, to the point that if you meet someone both of you have to get over as far as possible to pass. There is no room for error! Also, the road has a lot of low hanging tree branches that if we would have had a rubber roof I am sure we would have had some damage. We have a fiberglass roof, but after we got in the roof was covered with leaves, limbs and acorns as well as hickory nuts. If you must use this park, come in from the south on River Road, you will still have some tree limbs to deal with but not to the extent of the north part of this road. The electric was good, but water pressure never got over 25 PSI and went lower at times. Barely enough pressure to make the black tank flush system work. They offer cable TV but if it rains that goes away. I did ask the person at the desk about the low branches and they said it was the county's problem, but the county won't do anything about it. Later I went to the office to ask about some local directions and the only one there was a young boy who had no idea what or where anything was. Wi-Fi did not work at our site, we were told that it only goes out 300 feet. So if you need Wi-Fi you will have to go to the office. We would not return to this park. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Motorhome.

cameraboy

We enjoyed this unique campground on the river. Craft shop was fun and well run. Food stand good for a "night out" with no cooking at the site. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Red Wolf Deux

It's early in the season, so we paid much less than the usual $50/night. This is a camp, more than an RV park. Spaces are large and fairly level. The owner took us, on his golf cart, to a riverside site and then one nearer the entrance to give us a choice. We took the latter, since the Wi-Fi is stronger. Both of the owners are very friendly and helpful. After Sunday morning, the park was virtually empty, so it was a peaceful and quiet stay. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Craig family

This is our family's favorite campground close to home, and we come here every year. This visit we camped on Louis Lane which has cement slabs on some of the sites. The thing that brings us back year after year is the pride that the owner takes in the park--it's family owned and operated. We enjoy the craft shop, the ice cream at Peggy's Gathering Place, the petting zoo, the hayride, kids bingo, and the peacocks that roam the campground. Our kids like swimming in the river, but we find that the pool is too cold. It has a rustic feel that some people might consider outdated, but we find that everything is clean and well-maintained. They were building additional sites that should be opening sometime this year. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

har-fl

It's a very long, narrow three miles to campground. The sites are fairly level, but it is mostly seasonal. You have to pay for the showers. Convenient to both casinos. Foxwoods is about eight miles. I could not get Verizon cell phone access. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Motorhome.

erin1129

What a great campground! Our site (#107) was great, it had lots of room for our 31ft travel trailer and was very clean. All the staff and other campers were so friendly (even the seasonals). They are dog friendly as long as you keep your dog on a leash and clean up after it. My dog had a blast with all the others there. They also have a petting zoo with some goats and chickens the kids can pet and feed. The river was beautiful as well, we booked a river front site for next month and we are so excited to go back! You will not be disappointed with this campground, there are lot of activities for the kids, and if you don't have kids the casino is only 20 minutes away! We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

onemantwokids

We just spent a weekend at Hidden Acres and had a great time. We really liked the country type, back to basics feel of the campground buildings. It reminded us a lot of another campground we like in Maine. Kids (9 & 11) enjoyed the activities. Craft shack has ceramics to paint that were reasonably priced. Hay rides daily, and firetruck rides when it's running. Petting zoo and loose peacocks and peahens. I have to say I have never seen soooo many kids at a campground before. Tons of kids and bikes and all were looking happy. We had a sewer site which was great and were pleasantly surprised to find a concrete patio pad which was nice since the campground is all dirt and was a little dusty due to the dry weather. The pool is really too small for the size of the campground so it's really busy on a hot day but it's kept very clean. They could really use a second pool. We spent time down at the river one day because the pool was really too crowded. The kids, husband and dog really enjoyed the river but bring water shoes as there is alot of slippery rocks. They were having a pulled pork dinner the weekend that we were here and we were really glad that we signed up. The food was FANTASTIC! The snack shack seemed to be open all the time, we had lunch, one breakfast and ice creams here. Prices were reasonable and the food was excellent. Our only complaint is our site was a little small (#88). The map shows what looks like a path behind the site but it's actually a road and while it looks far away on the map, our camper literally had only two feet between it and the road. Our trailer is a hybrid that is 27 feet open. Also, we had a tent set up on the second night on the site behind us that with all the space on their site they put three feet from us and their loud kids woke us up at 6:45 AM!! Had to unzip and yell that quiet hours were till 8:00. We also had people walking through our site which I consider to be pretty rude so my husband moved the truck to block them from doing it anymore. Overall, we really liked this campground and the kids are already asking to go back. We will definitely go back again, but would choose a different campsite. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

hulkonline

Very cute little campground. Only concern is very tight. This C/G was built when campers were tiny. I had a little bit of a hard time but not too much to handle. Just make sure you inquire when booking. River was nice. Kids loved exploring. Plenty of activities even during week. Petting zoo was nice. Clean campground. Pool was clean and refreshing. All around nice little get away. I was very happy with our week and will likely return in the future. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Mom5boys

My family and I stayed here Labor Day weekend - I am glad that I didn't give much credence to the "drive-through" review posted above. The last campground we stayed at was much more "resort-y" - Hidden Acres is a smaller, family, back-to-basics campground. The pool was small, and too cold for my kids to enjoy. There were not many chairs around the pool. However, it was very clean. The store was also small - had the basics, and was not overpriced, but we did have to run out to SuperWalmart (about a 10 minute drive) for toilet paper. There was no cable, and you got very few television stations with your antenna - and those you got, came in awful. Those are my negative comments. I did not get the feeling I was in the 50s or 60s - this campground is not at all run-down, and the park is clean. We had a great site (35), from which we had a nice view of the river. The kids loved swimming in the river, and my husband was able to get some fly-fishing in. There were activities for kids and adults all day long - the kids especially enjoyed the dodgeball and kickball games. There was even a free bingo just for the kids where they won a candy bar or slushie - they loved it. The young lady who ran the children's activities did a great job. The staff was always very courteous and helpful. The hayrides, twice daily, were a lot of fun. Bathrooms and showers were clean. The petting zoo in the campground was not run-down at all, and had the cleanest goats I've ever seen. It was nice because they weren't pellet-fed - the kids were able to feed them leaves. One really cool thing was the peacock families living on the grounds, which just walk freely around all day. On-site garbage pickup - no lugging bags to a dumpster. This campground seemed to have a high percentage of seasonal sites, but we only saw one or two that looked run-down. We were not once treated like outsiders by the seasonal campers. We did not see any delinquent children at the campground. The snack bar (Peggy's) had reasonably priced food, although I can only vouch for the ice cream, which was good. My kids are already asking when we can go there again. We would definitely camp there again, and even consider a seasonal. We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

birdy3815

I visited this Campground, and it is like stepping back into the l950's / 60's!!! The pool was small and near the entrance and no diving, no cannonballs, etc. I interpret that for children as "no fun." There were some teens here who looked like they were in dentention camp! We drove around and saw many older people here and permanent sites too. Not much going on, quiet like. Playground was oldish, and the petting area with goats kind of run down!! I did notice, there were many bathroom / shower areas through the campground. There are waterfront sites near the River, but I was not impressed, and you could fish here. Sign posted said to please watch children as the river can rise quite fast! A bit scary, the river had loads of big rocks in it; not a place to swim!! There were alot of dogs here too. Peggys Diner was open for business. I really thought I was back in the l950's Mayberry RFD!! Many trees, and trailers mixy, matchy, zigged and zagged! Camp store tiny like, "happy trails are here again." I do not think I would be happy camping here at all. The prices seem reasonable, and the brochure looks GREAT! I guess their brochure needs an update! So, if you like back to the oldies camping, and quietness, you may like this old fashioned, run down campground! We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a .

ctreichel

I rarely find a truly "family friendly" campground anymore, but this one is it! Great camp for families, pool was very clean, restrooms were very clean, lots to do with the kids like hayrides, fishing on river, river swimming, pool, rec hall, planned activities, movie house, super playground, and petting zoo to name a few. They were extremely diligent at maintaining the camp, no dumpsters, instead camp site pick up made for a very clean place. A lot of seasonals, but they were nice and really took pride in their sites. We would return again and again! We camped at Hidden Acres Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Hidden Acres Family Campground?