Strawberry Park

Preston, Connecticut
Phone: (860) 866-1944

Recent Rate: $75 10/2014

FamilyJ

Nice park. Plenty of stuff for the the kids. They do a good job organizing activities. We stayed here over one of the 'Halloween' weekends in October. The sites are tightly packed but nice. Wifi is free for one hour a day. It's fee based after that. There is a huge number of mobile home sites here. I would think of this place more of a mobile home park with some RV and camping spots. With that said, everything is very well kept. We will likely stay here again. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Motorhome.

McNamara's Band

This is a very family friendly campground. Loads to do for all ages at all hours. Lots of seasonals. Price reflects $198 total for a 2 night minimum stay weekend. 3 very clean pools to choose from. The one with hot tubs is for adults only. Staff was extremely friendly and helpfull. Lots of paved roads for bike riding. My one complaint is that they seemingly begrudgingly allow pets and the 2 dog parks available are tiny. With all the space they have it would be an easy and welcome upgrade and made this place perfect. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Motorhome.

mr. williamson

My family and I stayed here for a few nights at the end of July through the beginning of August. This place is massive and has a lot going on. Our children enjoyed themselves, and my wife enjoyed the pools, but we felt that it is too much going on; we felt like we could not relax, especially with all of their rules. The rates are also very steep, especially in this economy. It is a beautiful place but we prefer "campgrounds." Don't think we will be going to any more "Resorts." We camped at Strawberry Park in a Travel Trailer.

User2867

We have been going ot this park for many, many years and we love it here. I know that it is on the expensive side but there are so many daily activities planned for the kids that it is well worth the money, We go to this campground at least 2 times a year and park our trailer there for about 3 weeks over the summer. Everyone has a great time here. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Travel Trailer.

REOCCO

Nice park, stayed here off season. Park is big with lots of seasonals. Lots to do for families with pools, jumpy pillows etc. Since it was off season hard to tell as many things were not up and running. However they do have well organized kid's activities. We were situated in the the Cedars or 80's site was average size with lots of trees. Nice location to the casinos and the local roads were beautiful with lots of quaint farms. Nice park, would stay again. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Fifth Wheel.

meatwagon45

Campground is in foreclosure. Future is uncertain. Some reports that Elite Resorts of Florida is managing the day to day operations of the park under court order. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Motorhome.

Charlene1313

Great RV Park, a little expensive but there is always something to do. There are pools for the older people, a wading pool for the little ones, and a couple of other pools for all the swimmers. There is always things for the kids to do and the adults as well. The staff is excellent and always there to answer questions or help you find what you are looking for. If you want to just relax that you can do and if not there are activities going on all day and into the evening. Cable TV is great as is the Wi-Fi. Great place to take the family. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Travel Trailer.

bigsweeps

I thought they were pet friendly but realized when we arrived that they are far from pet friendly. The campground itself is OK, but because traveling with pets is key to us I can't give them a better rating. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Motorhome.

whodey

We stayed at SP for a few days last week. They do have an incredible amount of activities going on all day for all age groups. The kids love meeting other kids and playing and hanging out with them. Bingo is huge with about 400 people playing at night! It's a big place with lots of seasonal campers. The site we had was nice and shaded. Nothing to complain about there. Restrooms and showers were substandard for a 5W park. They weren't very clean and there needed to be more for all the campers they had at the park. WiFi is $5 a day and spotty at best. For the time we were here, a tree company was cutting and chipping trees in the camp near our site all day. Dog friendly it isn't! We had to rent a golf cart at $60 per day to transport our Bichons out of the park to the Bark Park (it was about 1 mile from our site). You can only keep the dogs on your site only walking them at the Bark Park. Strawberry Park is a big park with lots of campers and lots to do. It's like a summer camp for families. Non-pet owners will love this park so much more than pet owners. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Motorhome.

RIRufus

WAY TOO crowded, sites are almost on top of each other. The seasonal campers grab the better spots leaving the transient visitors to take what is available, and thus often not ideal locations. The cleanliness is spotty and there are MANY kids driving golf carts often without proper supervision. The overall value is not great, the pool is not very clean and access to the pool is poor if you are stuck in a far-away site. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Motorhome.

Travelin' partners

We called ahead and told them we had a dog. They put us in the back of the park. Then we were told that we had to DRIVE our dog to the front of the park to go to the bathroom. I called to complain and they said it was in our paperwork. I never received such paperwork or I would have not camped here. Not to mention the roads inside the park are VERY narrow, it's NOT big rig friendly. If you have pets or a big rig: go someplace else!!! We camped at Strawberry Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dieselpower

I am ranking this park purely from the standpoint that I booked it for. It totally met "my" needs! That being a fun place to take my 3 grandsons (7,9 & 11) on a guy's camping trip. It happened to be the maiden voyage in my new 40' plus M/Home in mid July 09 (post says Nov but had to fiddle w/dates to get post in). My wife took our 2 granddaughters and our oldest daughter on a girls trip to Cape Cod. The boys were really excited to be with me in the new M/H. The activities were boundless. I was really impressed with the staff and how they got so into the scheduled activities that occurred throughout the day. Very orderly, patient and inviting to all of the kids. The boys really loved the great pools, arcade, moon bounce, snack bar and athletic fields. That was exactly what I signed up for! They were so tired at night that they slept until 8:30 or so each morning. They asked if we could come back again? So this summer I have reservations for Grammy & our youngest granddaughter to join us. I even wrote a book about the experience. The boys said it was the best place they could ever hope to go to!! If there were any negatives. I certainly didn't see them. I was too wrapped up in being with my grandsons. Grandfathers take notice! We camped at Strawberry Park in a Motorhome.

DJC

This was my first stay at this campsite. I attended the "Oldies Weekend" where Joey Dee and the Starliters performed. The campsite offered a "free" Thursday night stay with the booked weekend which was a nice perk. The campground is huge. It is so big that they rent golf carts. You need one, or a car to get from some sites to the office. The campground was clean. There were three big pools, a soccer and baseball field. I hear that there are a lot of children during the summer months, and that it could get quite busy during the peak summer months. I wasn't too impressed with the campground due to it's size. I really thought it was too big. I would recommend Odetah which is around twenty minutes away. If you don't mind a big campground, you'll enjoy this one. The staff was friendly. I would return. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Motorhome.

pjdroney

Probably my only complaint about the park is that some of the sites are extremely difficult to back into. We were lucky that the campers across from our site were there to move their vehicle so that I could back in; I'm pretty experienced at driving my trailer around, so that was fortunate; I managed to get it in fairly easy. I imagine a longer trailer would have been impossible to maneuver into place. Other than that, my family loves this place. There are a ton of activities for the girls (they are teenagers 17 and 15) and we enjoy the bingo and hypnosis shows. The staff is friendly, the store is well-stocked, and they have a pretty good handle on the rowdies. It is an expensive place to go, but to be honest, with the number of activities and amenities they provide, there is little room for complaint. The snack bar and ice cream stand is well stocked and although the service can be slow (a lot of teenage workers), it is worth the wait. We are thinking of purchasing either a co-op site, or getting a seasonal for next year. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Travel Trailer.

davidl54

I agree with the positive reviews listed earlier but as a dog lover I found the park policy of not allowing a dog to be walked in the park very disturbing. You have to transport your dog via car to a gated area outside the park for his constitutional. There must be fifty signs in the park prohibiting dog walking while there did not seem to be one with street names or spot numbers. We camped at Strawberry Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Strawberry Park?