Salem Farms Campground

Salem, Connecticut

Longitude: -72.3171978650818

zippzonk

Camped here on a weekend. Excellent base camp, close to many area attractions. Staff is very friendly. Escort to site. They loaned me a longer power and cable TV cable. Firewood is delivered to the site. Clean grounds, gravel and grass sites. Pools were very clean, but partially shaded. Activities on the weekends. Nice camp store. I asked for the nearest market, the lady handed me pre-printed directions to a stop-n-shop and a Walmart. My in-laws came for an overnight stay and were allowed to set up a tent on our site. Lots of seasonals here and no sewer. You can drop grey water, but the in-ground drywell in very small and fills quickly. It only accept a small garden hose. They do have a dump station just outside the main entrance. We would definitely consider coming back. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Travel Trailer.

FPguy

My family camped here and found it to be a extremely clean campground. The snack bar was a big hit for us, no need to cook. Then ice cream for desert huge scoop on a cone for under three dollars. The staff are friendly, escort to your site, owners on site working daily. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Motorhome.

foretraveller

We stayed here four nights. Excellent "base camp". Short drive to New Haven, New London, Groton, Mystic and many other cities. Family owned/operated; very friendly and helpful. Family resort atmosphere. Excellent facilities with ice cream bar and variety of snack foods avail. Large number of seasonal visitors, indicating a satisfied base. We definitely will stay here again. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Motorhome.

FPguy

I camped here in July, had a great time, very atentive staff and friendly. They have a snack bar with a wonderful ice cream stand. The bathrooms are spotless, sites are large. We also like the fact there is two pools pleanty of room to swim. I would highly recomend this park. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Motorhome.

Gizzym

I would say this campground caters to seasonals mostly. Dead moths and hair on the sinks and the floor in the bathroom, as well as full trash can all day. These were noted even right after they came out from cleaning. No attempt at privacy between sites. Management seems not to care about customer service. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Travel Trailer.

TravelingBaggs

Very nice family owned and run campground. Sites are dirt/gravel and mostly level. We did have a few choices for our 40' MH that were easy to get into. Only 30amp service, but it worked well. Water and grey water hook ups. Honey wagon available twice a week at no additional charge. Water pressure good. Cable TV and Wi-Fi worked well. Lots of activities for children and adults. Two pools, both well maintained. We stayed a month and will be back next year. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Motorhome.

dmdumbaugh

This appeared to be good campground for families camping in trailers or pop-ups, but I certainly would not recommend it for anyone in a large Class A motorhome. Although we were told our site was a pull-through, there was no way we could have reached it with a vehicle in tow. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Motorhome.

Nugma

Absolutely the best family owned and operated campground. Friendly seasonal campers. This is our second time returning to this campground and we will be back again. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Motorhome.

FPguy

I camped here in June and what a great campground. Family run place, a very friendly escort to your site they make sure you have everything you need. If you need a cord or hose they lend it to you. I did have one probelm while camping here, I believe it was the other reviewer. This older couple cussed like troopers at each other and their dogs and staff. Try this park you will love it. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Travelin' partners

Very nice family run park. The sites are cozy, if you are in a big rig; make sure you explain that to them. The roads are bumpy but not full of potholes. Plenty of shade, beautiful bathrooms and showers. Nice laundry area. Plenty of places to take a nice walk. Land has been cleared and a walkway has been put in. 2 nice size pools that are crystal clear. They even have a small petting farm: couple of goats and a donkey!! The owners are very hands on; they will come by and say Hi, and make sure everything is OK. Lots of seasonals, but they are all very well kept. Security gate, with a pass key. We would come back here again. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Chuckl

This park is strictly for seasonal. The transients get put in one section that is the worst set up I have ever seen. Sites are unlevel all utilities are grouped together 4 to a pole, roads in and out of section is rutted and full of holes. Staff is the owners kids and if you make one unhappy their father the most foul mouthed bully I have ever seen in a public place will come to your rig and threaten to throw you out as this is his campground. Would not go back there under any circumstances. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Motorhome.

Nugma

An excellent campsite with very friendly and professional staff. Lots of activities. People are very respectful of others. Would definitely choose this campground again. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Motorhome.

shewolf_06340

This is a lovely campground. We camp here at least once during the season; this year we were here twice. The sites up front on the road, seem to work best for us. There are a lot of activities and events going on at this campground: very family friendly. We always see groups of children walking by having a good time. It's a nice atmosphere. Relaxed, but not overly so. The staff is attentive. The sites are maintained and kept clean. Some are more level than others, but thats to be expected given the layout of the land. Cable and Wi-Fi have always worked well for us, as has the water and the greywater drain. In extreme heat (I mean, 100+) the electrical for the campground gets strained a bit, so if you're a big rig like us, try to be polite and not run your AC (or both of them) at 67 degrees. There are quite a few seasonals here, but they are very friendly, as is the staff. Very pet-friendly too. Bring an extension cord and a long hose (they say this on their website) as the hookups are far from where you camp. Overall, a nice campground. We like it here and will continue to camp here. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Motorhome.

hollywood

The last person whom wrote the review was not a nice lady. I'm the seasonal walking in the road with my children and asked her to slow down. She returned to the campground 1/2 hour later and sped past the bocce court again. I reported her to the owner. I witnessed him speaking to her. She spoke over him several times and admitted to being "spitefully" and speeding again. The owner told her to slow down because she was only hurting him when speeding in his park. She was nasty all weekend, I was here and glared at me every time she saw me. Remember children playing in campgrounds should be safe! We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Anna114

We had really looked forward to our stay here. By the end of the trip, it is, by far, the worst place we ever stayed. As a previous poster had said the owner is rude. He came down to speak to me, he was obnoxious. He also, decides who has to obey the rules and who doesn't. His own people, in their golf carts speed, constantly (as does he). The site was dirty, I had to clean it up, there were candy wrappers, cigarette butts and food all over the place. His Wi-Fi was just awful. My husband had to work and he had more trouble staying online. The bath rooms and showers were very clean, until the weekend came, then it was just a disaster. The seasonal campers for the most part were rude and unfriendly. A few were very nice. Due to the owners dislike of me (or at least my perception due to the way he treated us all week) he managed to see my son coming back to out site (he was a few minutes late from curfew, to be fair) He ripped into my 12yo son about being out and his last remark to my son was "let me guess your from site 66" he's a bully at best. All I can say is I hope he doesn't treat everyone the way he treated us. We camped at Salem Farms Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Salem Farms Campground?