Peace River Campground

Arcadia, Florida

Recent Rate: $45 2/2013

Longitude: -81.8915319442749

Coach05

Really a nice park. Busy place only got to stay here 3 days in Feb.13. Will try to go back We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

adamant

We had a great time but we stayed here during the week and I can see how things could.get a little crazy over the weekend. There are lots of ATV trails along the river. The property is huge and staff were friendly. Canoe rentals, game room, pool. Close to town, good fossil hunting. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Green Parrot

Peace River Campground is a very cozy and shaded campground. It was a long walk to the river from the main camping area but worth the walk. We found many fossils and sharks teeth and the owners/staff were all very friendly. The price seems a bit high for a campground like this, the rates were similar to Disney or a beach front campground. Otherwise, it is a fine place to stay. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

PlumGrubby1

I really don't know where to begin but I'll try to give as accurate account as possible. Having just spent 2 miserable and way overpriced days there I can truthfully say that I will never return again. This is a real, 100% "Red Neck" campground. Upon arriving I was informed that my rate was $56.00 a day, NOT the $48.00 that I was told when I made our reservations PLUS $4.00 per day for electric. When I tried to find my site, I finally figured out that we were "sardine" in between 2 other campers. Our awning was almost touching the other camper and the camper on the other side was darn near up against ours. So much for any privacy. We left out window shades down all weekend. If you love inhaling dust and dirt all weekend, this is your place. Not a single paved road and ATV's, golf carts, dirt bikes and any conceivable type of conveyance all run amok from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM with all of them being operated by kids as young a 3 years old. This is no lie!!! Who assumes responsibility for the consequences of any type of accident? The campground asks if you have any of the above and if you do, you are charged $15.00 for a plastic "hospital type" of wristband to wear at all times. If you are observed not following what few rules they have that are enforced by the retired cops who act as security, your wristband is cut off. It claims to have a sand beach, which it does barely, but again, all the vehicles have access to the beach including running into the water. I was sitting in my chair, taking a break from the only fun there - fossil hunting - when a 4 wheel drive redneck pick up truck drove right next to me, about a foot away , and partially into the river, and out jumped about 10 more rednecks, beers in hand, running into the water to rinse off the mud from the mud hole they were in. When we finally left this hellhole, I had to stop and completely wash down my motorhome and the water flowed off like mud. No exaggeration!! Take the advice of an experienced camper, rather than camp here, stay home and camp in your driveway, back yard or even an empty lot. You'll be safer and have much more fun!! We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

horsefolk

Main reason for low rating is the price. No discounts for anything and on top of this, they charge $5.00 daily for Wi-Fi. It is an older park that is being upgraded. I guess to be able to drive your ATVs, folks will pay the price. We were visiting friends close by and have no reason to ever stay here again, and wouldn't. Restrooms, showers and laundry were clean, sites real hard to figure out. At $25-30 this is a good place, but not $56. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

Ames

Still an "active" campground for younger active ATV and fossil digger in the river people. Added 100 acre primitive camping area and upgrading the electric in the full hook up area with better and more 50 amp service. This is not a place to sit back as I cannot say active country enough but a ton of fun for us. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

jomarlin

If you are looking for a campground where your first grader can operate -- unhampered by a pesky helmet -- an adult-sized ATV without your having to supervise; where the sound of internal combustion engines predominates, interrupted only by blaring country music; and where ATVs, motorbikes and golf carts have unrestricted access to what remains of the wilderness adjacent to the campground, this is the place for you. Restrooms and showers are unisex, individual units accessible from the outside only. Not heated (we were there when the nights were in the thirties). Shower water was hot, but pressure varied widely as others used showers; showers had limited hangers and many had no bench or seat of any kind. Campground sells itself on its website as family-friendly (especially to kids and dogs), and it is that. It also says that it is not primarily an ATV park, but whatever they started out as, they are one now. There were more ATVs than RV's and tents, and there were plenty of those. Family-owned and operated, the place has a friendly staff with an obviously great sense of humor. There is an enclosure with goats, a tortoise and other animals. Hiking would have been great except for having to leap out of the way of ATVs coming around sharp turns. Forget bicycling in camp if you value your life, but a nice ride can be had on the access road running alongside Route 70, over the Peace River, and into Arcadia. We left a day early because of the noise, much of it from our immediate neighbors revving up their ATVs. We will never go again, but again, there is an audience for this sort of thing, and if it's you, have at it. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

Earthbenders

This was our second visit to this campground. Our first was in a tent, and the site was a little further back in the park. The second was in a pop up in a site with electric and water hook up. The park is very pretty, but it is more like a zoo than a campground. ATV's and golf carts driven by children all waking hours made it a very stressful experience, especially when we were hoping to 'get away from it all'. We do not plan on returning. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

henw

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Sites OK but tight. It's the wild west. Little kids driving golf carts and ATV's everywhere, unsupervised. Open high proof bottles at many campsites. Stars and bars were flying. Dogs galore. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

LittleCastle

I camped here with my husband and three teens, and all of us gave this two huge thumbs up. It is rare to find such untouched beauty today. The staff is down to earth, professional and friendly. There are a variety of events for the young and the old. Fossil hunting and riding ATV's, along with the rope swing over the river, are more than enough to keep my active teens busy all day long. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

PalmBayChuck

This is the 2nd time I stayed at this park. This experience was better than the first, but still not great in my opinion. The back of the park sits on the Peace River and their deck and stairs are very old and in disrepair. The rates were very high compared to my county parks in Brevard County Florida. I paid $52.00 per night for a lot that was barely big enough for my pop-up camper. The swimming pool and amusement area were all very nice. The kids loved them. You can never go wrong with a pool! This is a private park, not run by any state or county. They pack RVs into this camp much tighter than I like. The staff is very friendly and there's a store onsite that provides any camping accessories that you might have forgotten. Plus a Walmart and other stores are only 5 minutes away in Arcadia. Riding 4 wheel ATVs and motorcycles on nearby property seems to be a popular past time. Many campers had these kinds of toys parked on their sites, so you can imagine that on occasion, the noise got pretty loud. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

abbyarts

Never again. We stayed for the walk-to access to the kayak rental place, but this campground is anything but Peaceful. We stayed two nights and both were loud with little kids on big Atv's, and smoky from campfires. Showers were good but not particularly clean. I wish I'd checked here first before making my reservation. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

Teacher's Pet

We checked this campground out before moving to the area from Manatee State Park. For the price quoted per night for a 3 night stay, it wasn't worth it at all, it's a dump. A rundown former KOA by the looks of it, with dirt roads and dirt pads. We opted instead for Little Willie's 5 miles north of town. We did not stay there and won't in the future. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

I really had high hopes because this campground was recommended by a friend, but it was a
disappointment. The entrance looks promising and the staff is friendly, but it goes downhill when you see the number of full-time people living at the campground in run-down trailers. The other clientele can also be on the rough side as we had countless motorcycle club members rolling in with long beards and no shirts. They also don't do too good of job cleaning up the sites. The river access is over-rated and there really are no sites on the river. On the bright side, they do have some nice woods area to walk through and canoe rental is convenient. We would not stay here again. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

A great place to bring the dogs and kids but definitely not for anyone wanting peace and quiet. Too many of the 4 wheelers, especially on the weekends. Staff was very friendly and store had a pretty good selection. Roads were less than great but most of the sites were almost level. Overall go during the week and relax in the pool - forget the weekends We camped at Peace River Campground in a camper.

Are you affiliated with Peace River Campground?