Peace River Campground

Arcadia, Florida 34266

• Restrooms: vault Restrooms: vault yes
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Peace River Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: February, 2011 - $56.00

I really don't know where to begin but I'll try to give as accurate account as possible. Having just spent 2 miserable and way overpriced days there I can truthfully say that I will never return again. This is a real, 100% "Red Neck" campground. Upon arriving I was informed that my rate was $56.00 a day, NOT the $48.00 that I was told when I made our reservations PLUS $4.00 per day for electric. When I tried to find my site, I finally figured out that we were "sardine" in between 2 other campers. Our awning was almost touching the other camper and the camper on the other side was darn near up against ours. So much for any privacy. We left out window shades down all weekend. If you love inhaling dust and dirt all weekend, this is your place. Not a single paved road and ATV's, golf carts, dirt bikes and any conceivable type of conveyance all run amok from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM with all of them being operated by kids as young a 3 years old. This is no lie!!! Who assumes responsibility for the consequences of any type of accident? The campground asks if you have any of the above and if you do, you are charged $15.00 for a plastic "hospital type" of wristband to wear at all times. If you are observed not following what few rules they have that are enforced by the retired cops who act as security, your wristband is cut off. It claims to have a sand beach, which it does barely, but again, all the vehicles have access to the beach including running into the water. I was sitting in my chair, taking a break from the only fun there - fossil hunting - when a 4 wheel drive redneck pick up truck drove right next to me, about a foot away , and partially into the river, and out jumped about 10 more rednecks, beers in hand, running into the water to rinse off the mud from the mud hole they were in. When we finally left this hellhole, I had to stop and completely wash down my motorhome and the water flowed off like mud. No exaggeration!! Take the advice of an experienced camper, rather than camp here, stay home and camp in your driveway, back yard or even an empty lot. You'll be safer and have much more fun!! We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2009 - $50.00

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Sites OK but tight. It's the wild west. Little kids driving golf carts and ATV's everywhere, unsupervised. Open high proof bottles at many campsites. Stars and bars were flying. Dogs galore. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $40.00

This was our second visit to this campground. Our first was in a tent, and the site was a little further back in the park. The second was in a pop up in a site with electric and water hook up. The park is very pretty, but it is more like a zoo than a campground. ATV's and golf carts driven by children all waking hours made it a very stressful experience, especially when we were hoping to 'get away from it all'. We do not plan on returning. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $22.00

Never again. We stayed for the walk-to access to the kayak rental place, but this campground is anything but Peaceful. We stayed two nights and both were loud with little kids on big Atv's, and smoky from campfires. Showers were good but not particularly clean. I wish I'd checked here first before making my reservation. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Peace River Campground

Date of Stay: January, 2008 - $49.00

We checked this campground out before moving to the area from Manatee State Park. For the price quoted per night for a 3 night stay, it wasn't worth it at all, it's a dump. A rundown former KOA by the looks of it, with dirt roads and dirt pads. We opted instead for Little Willie's 5 miles north of town. We did not stay there and won't in the future. We camped at Peace River Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Peace River Campground

Are you affiliated with Peace River Campground ?