Grand Lake RV Resort

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Golf Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Grand Lake RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $20.00

Great stop at passport price. Has really filled up since my last stop here. Looks like a lot of yearly rentals or owners. Large cable. Plenty of space for dog walking. Very nice onsite Cafe - good food and reasonable. Book trade location has been removed by Corporate - that's to bad as its a very useful feature. Ants are a problem. Office staff great. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

Stayed here one night. Site was large, with grass and but no picnic table or shade. Site was mixed in with mobile homes and other campers. Shower house was very nice and had washer/dryers that could be paid with a credit card. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $14.00

Can't beat the Passport America rate. Have stayed here before, but with so many snowbirds buying sites, I don't know how much longer they will be able to offer short term sites. I prefer the grass, back-in sites vs. the concrete pull thrus. Since no one was parked behind the site, I was able to pull thru. Grass sites are plenty wide and long. I estimate 25+' wide and 60' long. Utilities worked fine and are positioned well. Wifi was adequate. Not sure how well it works when the park has higher occupancy. Roads are open, but narrow. I bet backing into a site that is between 2 occupied sites could be a little tight. Will continue to use this park as often as we are in the area and as long as they have space. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $34.00

Needed somewhere close to Gainesville for visiting the wife's mother in serious condition at Shands hospital. Choose this place because of reviews here and elsewhere. A bit of a drive from Gainesville (about 25 minutes), but worth it. Sites are pretty close together, and many are long-term residents, but all sites are neat and orderly. Many of the long-terms have buildings to get their stuff in which minimizes the clutter and lots of "enhancements" to make their site nicer (pavers or concrete to expand existing site drive and patio, plants, decorations, etc). Everyone, staff and residents, were very friendly. I understand from the in-laws that the lake used to be low/dry, but since the hurricane last year it's full and looks nice. It is way off the road - the "driveway" goes at least half a mile or more, but it's paved and in good shape. Make sure to park close to the hookups as the site/patio is somewhat narrow. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt

Featured Campgrounds Near Grand Lake RV Resort

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $18.00

This is our new favorite place to stay! There is NOTHING this park doesn't have! Heated pool, 9 hole golf course and a great restaurant overlooking a lake are just some of the favorites. People are very friendly, and it's like being in old Florida here. The huge, ancient trees are gorgeous too. And they allow 6 days of Passport America at different times of the year. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $20.00

Nice quiet area, far from major highways. Spacious sites with convenient hookups. Easy telephone registration. Looks like a good place to golf. We played shuffleboard, but there were lots of other recreational options as well (e.g., pickleball, horshoes, swimming pool, fishing, etc.). Great value for the money. Would definitely come again. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

The area beside the restaurant is a nice place to walk to.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $48.00

Restaurant was very good ... excellent prices. Pull through was long enough for our mh and tow vehicle. Lots of trees, but they seem to keep them cut back. They have pickleball, horseshoes, you name it ... nice lake as well. Friendly people and fairly easy to navigate. Would stay here again. A bit far out from Gainesville, though. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $50.00

Stayed for 11 days or so. Really enjoyed it. Everyone was very friendly. Site was good. Next time will be for a month. Only drawback is, it's 30 minutes to anywhere. Halfway between Ocala and Gainsville. Laundry was expensive. Have to buy a card ($5) and then put money on it. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Take the time and your clubs to play the course (16). We were so busy, I didn't use them. They don't advertise "good sam" but they are.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $43.00

Short drive from I-75, so road noise was not a problem. Our site was in a section with paved interior roads and site driveway. Easy to navigate roads and site, although we disconnected our towed vehicle. Site driveway had a slope, but manageable. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $25.00

Out in the country. Between Ocala and Gainesville. Overall, this could be a beautiful park. However Sun RV seems to have an issue keeping up with maintenance. We were here for 3 months and saw very little being done by any of the workers. Owners would pile leaves up by the road and there they would stay for several days. Bathrooms and laundry facilities were never clean. We had a nice long pull thru site with plenty of space and easy to get in/out. We heard many complaints from others while we were there. Laundry you had to Purchase a card for $5 just to put more money on the card to do laundry. Machines were often busy because there were broken ones not being fixed. Many issues. Like I said the park could be beautiful but management is lacking and not present. Restaurant on site but never ate there. Lake is nasty and not pleasant to look at. Noisy neighbors. We will NOT return. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $20.00

Second visit here. Stayed 10 days; 6 days at the Passport rate, 4 days at the regular rate. When I called to make the reservation, I told the clerk it was for 10 days and I had PA. Clerk told me PA is good for only 6 days, then proceeded to quote me their 10-day discount rate. I asked about getting 6 days at PA rate and the other 4 days at their regular rate. It was about $100 less than their 10-day discount rate. Had a back-in site. Last time was a pull thru. I like the open back-in sites better and will ask for one from now on. A few residents do not believe in picking up after their dog. It is a shame. Seems like lots of folks there have dogs. Fenced dog area is by the office...too far away to be useful for most residents. Water pressure was adequate at about 40 psi. Other utilities worked fine. Wifi was very weak and often unusable. Did not use any amenities. Roads were easy to navigate. Quiet park about 3 miles from I-75. Close to everything but far enough away to be peaceful. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $38.00

Nice park, laid out well, lovely setting. Roomy sites, friendly staff. Wish we could have stayed longer. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $16.00

Came in late, around 6:30, office closes at 5:00. A resident loaned us his phone so we could register by phone, he also led us to our site. Site is level, concrete, but narrow.

We sent an email and never got an answer. We cannot set up our dish for TV, trees too big. We scraped branches on top, on the interior roads. We are lucky this kind man was in the hall to help us. We would recommend this RV park. We will investigate further tomorrow. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

We sent an email and never got an answer. We cannot set up our dish for tv, trees too big. We scraped branches on top, on the interior roads. We are lucky this kind man was in the hall to help us. We would recommend this rv park. We will investigate further tomorrow.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $31.00

This park was nice, clean and far enough away from the interstate so that it is quiet. The staff that I dealt with were all very nice and friendly. But, it did have a couple of short comings.

The problem with dealing with a call center when making a reservation, is that they really don't know the sites. I requested no trees as I don't like stuff dropping on the motorhome. I was told on the phone to go to site 26 when I made the reservation.

My arrival day was on a Sunday and since the office is not open on Sunday's during low season, there was no one to ask if you have questions. Checking on lot 26 I found the trees too low so I picked another spot, lot 139.

The trees need a major trim-back (and there are a lot of them). Our coach is tall and I had to go off the very narrow roads where I could to get around the low hanging branches. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $16.00

What a gem! We had no idea this would be so nice. Beautiful setting, friendly people, large sites with full hook ups. 9 hole golf course was fun and challenging for short hitters. Lovely pool with comfortable lounge chairs. Could use a water fountain or vending machine but the on site restaurant is close enough to get something. The best dog run. Large and flat area, could have used some mowing but not too bad. Our dogs loved being able to really run and stretch their legs. Wish people would pick up though. Even in a dog park you need to pick up!!! Needed closer garbage cans. Good free wifi. Just a lovely place we will definitely return. We camped at Grand Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

There is a small restaurant on site. Typical golf course fare. Our ticket was lost so we waited forever before getting our meal. Both server and cook apologized and took care of the bill.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grand Lake RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Grand Lake RV Resort ?