8.8 Excellent

• Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Hitchin Post Corral and Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $25.00

Found this campground on our way home after being on the road for 4 months. We stayed for the night but we wish we could have stayed longer!! Beautiful clean campground long sites, both back in and pull through! Minutes to I-10, yet very quiet. Vonda, the owner, lives right there. Unfortunately we weren't able to to fully experience her Southern hospitality, but got a hint of how wonderful it would be to spend time there! (Honestly, where else have you been given a welcome mat to place below your steps). Site was asphalt and level. Full hook up and 50amp. There are lawn games, 2 dog parks, fishing, tons of bunnies (FYI bunnies like saltines). Great TV over antenna and free WiFi!! Perfect place to stay a night or a week! Vonda doesn't allow full timers so you won't see any rundown trailers! We will be back when we head to Louisiana in a couple months, but this time we will stay a bit and enjoy Vonda's hospitality! FYI you must be self contained. There are no bathrooms or showers. Thank you again Vonda and best of luck! We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

This campground 2 minutes from I-10. And very easy to find!!

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $25.00

Friendly and helpful owner. Located near Love's truck stop. Shaded back in sites very quiet and private. Could easily stay a few days. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $25.00

Great place to stop. Could not be more accommodating. Will make it a must stop whenever we are in the area. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $28.00

Right off I-10 but didn't notice the road noise too much. With AC running it could not be heard. Nice Pull-through sites good for Big Rigs towing. My particular site was packed gravel and level. Lots of grass for dogs and a place to walk them. There is also a doggie park on the grounds. Great place for a stop over. Had no problems getting a satellite signal (DISH). At the time I was there their camp wifi was down. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Hitchin Post Corral and Campground

slj

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $20.00

Very nice owner. No amenities. Convenient to I-10 but then lots of noise from there. No shade on our spot so very hot. Not much to do in area. Would be ok for overnight. Good hookups. Full. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $28.00

The pull thru sites are right along I-10. If your air con is running, you probably won't hear the road noise, otherwise, you definitely will. This section of I-10 is not super busy, but the road noise is still loud. Back in sites are a bit further from the highway and may be quieter. Pull thrus are close together and wide open. Back ins are well treed and have more space in between. You can get sat signal from the open pull thrus but no way you'll get it in the back ins. There is one pull thru site in the same area as the back ins. It appears to be well shaded. Utilities worked fine. There was no one parked next to us so we had room, but like I said, pull thrus are close. The owner is a very nice lady. Railroad crossing at Dilmore St is a bit rough and Dilmore is a bumpy road, so take it easy. No way I'd pay full price to stay here. Even with the PA rate, there is nothing special about this place. Fine for an overnight, but I don't think I'd stay here for any longer than that. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Los Amigos Mexican restaurant in Cottondale has excellent food and is about 5 minutes from the park. The Fajitas Mexicanos had a ridiculously large amount of meat (steak, pork, chicken and shrimp) compared to any other Mexican restaurant I've had fajitas at. I ended up bringing almost half the meat home. The salsa had a little zip, but was not overly spicy, just the way I like it.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $28.00

Great park, great people. Easy access from I-10, minor road noise, clean, well maintained. Will definitely stay here again. Our site was Satellite friendly. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $25.00

This is a great little park close to the highway with easy access; there is road noise but it didn't bother us. The owners greet you at your rig when you arrive, you pay from your coach steps and they lead you to your site and put down a rug at your door. It was so nice to be treated like a guest and not a "mark" they were full timers before starting this park from scratch so they know how to treat their guests. They have 2 dog areas one for small dogs one for big dogs with toys for them to play with. There is a small golf area where you can hit balls into a net or chip to a basket, there is a walking trail and pond we didn't indulge due to the heat. I would highly recommend staying with these nice people, they are improving this park daily we will being staying with them again. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

We drove the hour to Panama City and spent a day at St Andrews State Park beach, beautiful beach beautiful water, great food in the area.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $28.00

Gotta like this place. Our third stay overnight. Hosts meet you at your coach when arriving, sign in and pay. Then you are escorted over new black top to your site. Dog runs. Squirrels for the dogs' amusement. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

We had one of those surprise mechanical issues while on the road to Pensacola Beach. Our issue occurred at mm 130 on I-10. We found this campground a short 3 miles down the road at mm 133. Prevost Jacksonville was dispatching a flat bed tow the next morning. Jonn and Vonda at Hitchin' Post Campground welcomed us with open arms. The site was level, the power was good, the water was clean. So nice to have found this safe harbor in the storm. Highly recommend this campsite for your I-10 stop overs. They get it. Thank you Jonn and Vonda! We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $25.00

One of the best overnight stays along the interstate we've ever had in five years of RVing. The only downside is a bit of interstate noise but we run our A/C and fan so we don't hear it. Owners are so friendly. They actually put a mat outside your door after they escort you to the site. How nice is that! Lots of grass to walk the dogs and a couple of dog parks too. Wifi is excellent and works. Lots of OTA channels and also our Directv dish worked great as well as Verizon.They have several lawn games set up and a small lake with fishing. Might be a fun place for a family weekend to hang out but we were just passing through. Plenty of trash cans around. And even a place for your horse, if you have one. With Passport America this is a great value. We would return if in the area again. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Lovely park. Owners met us as we drove in. Escorted us to our site. Put a mat down to help keep the sand out of the rig. Gave us some firewood and my husband and 2 grandsons had a great time with that. There are playgrounds and things for the little campers to do. We were in a pull-thru site, #8, that was set among the trees with the exit road running by our side. This site was further from the interstate and was very quiet and the next morning made for an easy exit. There are no bathrooms, but this campground has everything else you need for an enjoyable stay. The owners had just put down fresh asphalt to improve the interior roads. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

No Others In Sight

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $28.00

Very friendly owners. Very welcoming. The owners meet you at the entrance, and then escort you to your spot. This park has only been opened 2 years, and it is a nice little gem that I hope RVers will go to. It is very convenient off the Interstate, and there are nice long lots if you want to overnight it and not unhook. New asphalt on the road through the park. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $25.00

There are 2 sections of this newer park. The back-ins are well spaced with some greenery separating the sites. The pull-throughs are in an open area closer to the interstate. The traffic noise is probably the biggest concern for the pull throughs. It is very noticeable but, for the back-ins, not so bad. This park is only a few years old. The electric, water and sewer hook-ups all are new and work well. Asphalt was just applied to the roads and sites before we arrived. The owners are super nice, lead you to your site and set up a fire for you. They are doing a wonderful, thoughtful job on setting up the park. A great play area for kids, 2 dog parks, and the lake is a wonderful addition. Wifi worked well and Sprint phones worked fine. No bath houses yet - you must be self contained. Don't forget to use your Passport Discount even on weekends. This is our kind of campground - a clean, safe place with no full time residents. Will stay again. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Sand

The Seacrest Wolf Preserve is 30 minutes away. Tours only on Saturdays.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $38.00

Although this park is right next to the highway our site was far enough back that any noise did not bother us. The customer service was outstanding and it is obvious that the owners take a lot of pride in their life long accomplishment of creating such a warm inviting park. We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay here, I just wished my fishing pole was not packed away. I would have loved to throw a line in. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Sand

Featured Campgrounds Near Hitchin Post Corral and Campground

Are you affiliated with Hitchin Post Corral and Campground ?