5 Average

Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground)

Crescent City, Florida

2359 S US Highway 17
Crescent City, Florida 32112

Longitude: -81.51951

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites ?
  • Big Rig Access Big Rig Access ?
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Cable/Sat. TV Hookup Cable/Sat. TV Hookup ?

Ask fellow campers about "Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $30.00

I stayed here for the month of February. Compared to other campgrounds, this one was reasonably priced. Electric is extra. This is an old campground, so don't expect frills or extras. Yes, they have long term people who live here. Yes, some sites are not the best, but I wasn't here for top rate, I was here to relax. What I liked is everyone was nice, friendly and helpful. It was peaceful no loud music or screaming kids or barking dogs, (and there were a lot of dogs). It was safe, (solo traveler). I see a lot of negative reviews, but again for me, it was just right. I don't watch TV, but heard cable was not the best and they are honest when they say there is WiFi, but it's not good at all.(which it isn't). I had no problem with power, water or sewer. All worked. Again don't expect the best, it's an old campground. Just relax and enjoy and leave judgement at the entrance. We camped at Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass

Nearby, Very Close
Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

The only complaint I had is that "everything" is far away. Expect to drive an hour or two if you want to hike, kayak or sight see. Although this has nothing to do with the campground.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $33.00

A lot of permanent residents, very close pads, close to main road with lots of semi's all day and night, no picnic tables, no fire pit, no grill, pool says heated but closed. If you're a hunter or Fisherman you would probably be ok, just bring EVERYTHING. We won't be back. Sure looked and sounded better on the internet. We camped at Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

Find somewhere else.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $19.00

I do not like to post negative comments, but I feel compelled to warn others about this park. It's marked "big rig" friendly, but I dispute that. There was no way we could get our 39' 5th into a site. I did see one or two nicer motorhomes there. Don't ask me how, or more importantly why, they chose to stay. The park is a somewhat hilly, jumbled mismatch of site layouts. I saw wet, tire-gutted grass in sites as we drove through. Nothing appeared even remotely level to me. Despite it being later in the afternoon, raining, and our not knowing where else we could go, I preferred to take a chance on the unknown rather than stay here. Also, this campground is nothing like the one in Ovid, New York. While that Sned Acres is a no-frills cg, it is well easy to maneuver and well-managed. Complete opposite in Florida. We camped at Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $35.00

Quiet, safe, clean and friendly older campground. Road noise as on Route 17. Clean and homey restrooms/showers. 3 outside washers/dryers - all working. Cable TV and WIFI were pretty bad. Site was very long but quite narrow. Small pool by the road I didn't use. Staff upon check-in didn't provide any information and couldn't use credit card machine. But other than that all staff friendly. Campers/residents friendly. Mix of older travel trailers and permanent residents. Thought $38 a night (incl. tax) was a bit pricey for this basic campground. We camped at Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Not much in close by towns. A few grocery stores and one or two restaurants. About 45 minutes from Flagler and Ormond beaches. Campground easy to get in and out of but it is terraced and the higher/further you go in is quite tight not suitable for larger rigs (40 ft and over). We had a site by the entrance so no problems.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground)

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $17.00

I figured I'd give this place an updated review. It's an odd mix of tents, trailers, RVs and a couple of permanent mobile homes. Obviously some long term folk and snow birds. Most people are friendly. Quiet location except for some noise from highway 17. Nice hosts, even provide trash bags. Laundry facilities available. Bathrooms dated but clean. Price reflects a PA discount. We would have liked a picnic table at our site, but it was okay. Wifi decent but iffy at times and probably has a terrible signal further from the office. We camped at Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

There is a Winn-Dixie in Crescent City.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $27.00

The owner was very nice.He gave us a site with a pavilion,it was great as we put the tent under it,as it was raining quite a bit.The bathroom was very clean and homey.Will definitely come back. We camped at Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground) in a Tent.

St.Augustine is about one hour away, lakes for fishing.We rode our bikes mostly. Not far from Daytona Beach.

Date of Stay: January, 2010 - $37.00

My poor rating is because of the very poor condition of the office and bathrooms. We have been here for a month & the bathrooms have not been cleaned one time. One soap dispenser has been empty, one towel dispenser does not work, TP dispensers are broke, walls are filthy. The only thing they do is empty the trash cans. Most campgrounds we have been to clean the bathrooms every day. We camped at Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Sned-Acres Family Campground (formerly Crescent City Campground) ?