Nature Coast Landings RV Resort

Crystal River, Florida

RVKevi

Our nightly rate was based on a seven month stay. This is a wonderful campground about 8 miles north of Crystal River. Extremely well kept up. The laundry room is large enough and kept very clean and the cost is very reasonable. The sites are individually owned, so you rent from the owner, not the management. But, every interaction we had with the main office was pleasant and helpful. Most sites have a concrete pad and all have a concrete patio and picnic table. There are many activities available throughout the winter. Some of the people come here every year and some, like us, are just here for one time, but all are very friendly and helpful. There is a canal that goes out to the gulf coast within walking distance and a paved path along it for walking or biking. The sites are well kept up and not too close together. We're in a 40 foot RV and had room for our rig, truck, and a car at our site. We would definitely use this campground again if we wanted to be in this location. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

User2565

Very, very friendly people who go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Many of the campers are seasonal renters who return year after year. All of the sites are large enough to accommodate most any size rig. The Crystal River area provides lots of outside activities without the crowds of the more built up areas of Florida. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Motorhome.

olgjaycee

Nice well maintained park, with paved roads and sites. People spoke, and waved as they drove or walked by. No cable, but satellite is good. Not a place for kids though, as it is mainly for adults. Price is right. Activities geared to adults, but much to do. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Motorhome.

downtheroad

Well, our friends talked us into coming back to this park because they thought we got the wrong impression. We didn't. The management still didn't care about renters, and I watched one guy screaming at a dog owner. The review before mine I was told was written by a friend of his so you decide. Concrete pads were level, I tested the water quality, and it was still good but discolored. Many of the snowbirds had left, and it is still a quiet park. As the management covers up for bad owners I would not believe anything they said or promised. I have told everyone I know about this park in order to protect my RV friends. 2 out of 2 times it has been scary. I am all for fairness and wanted to give this park a second chance. If you like to be lied to and assaulted this is the park for you. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Doxylady3

We stayed here looking for a place to possibly buy into. I had read the previous reviews and were leery about staying here, but so glad we decided to do it anyway. This is a great campground. We saw the notorious grouchy guy's site and he has a clearly marked sign saying No Dogs, so I don't see the problem with keeping my dogs off his site. We walked by with our dogs, and had no problem. Common sense to me! The "season" was winding down the week we were there, but they still had activities everyday up until the day we left. The people were extremely friendly and made us feel so welcome. The only reason we rated this an 8 and not a 10 was the distance we had to go for grocery stores and things to do. It's not horrible, about 10 min. but not really handy if you need something last minute, and there is no camp store on site. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

User1233

We stayed at the camp ground for 3 months as we have done for the last four years. The reason we keep on coming back to this area is because we enjoy the atmosphere in the campground and have always found the people pleasant, helpful, good neighbors, and easy to get along with. We had a dog until last year when due to health problems we had to send him to doggy heaven. The people who both live and rent at the site were extremely nice and full of condolences for our loss. The site is made up of mainly owners who either stay on their property for some time or rent out to snowbirds like ourselves. We have stayed at other campgrounds in Florida and all over the Eastern seaboard and have not found anywhere that can better this site to date. The sites themselves are concrete pads with natural brush and trees around to provide shade and beauty. Each site is maintained by the owners and of course with the way people view things differently there are always differences. That is just human nature. Wherever one lives there is always going to be a difference of opinion but that is life. We will be back again next year to visit our friends and acquaintances at Nature Coast Landing RV Resort and will always recommend the site. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

greentruck

This RV Park is run by the individual owners of the sites. Some owners want to rent their sites and some owners do not want any renters in the park and take any opportunity to be rude to the renters. I was attacked in the laundry for trying to use a machine that no one was using. They say "hi" as you walk by and then attack you for anything. Some owners take up two sites with boats, vehicles, bikes, golf carts, motor bikes, truck campers, and etc. They tell you the park has Wi-Fi, but you don’t. We had to go to the office very early or late night and then it would take forever to log on at 1 mbps. We will never go back. There are a lot of angry owners in that place. The owners stick together when personal attacks are vented toward renters. We were very uncomfortable. We stayed here from December 2009 through February 2010. The park provides LP gas and has a laundry room on site. All sites are full hookup and concrete pads. There's very little, to no privacy. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

beachandsun

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay in this park. We also wondered if some prior writers had really stayed in the right park. We found very nice people and the activities were plenty if we wanted to participate in them. The site was clean and the people in the office seemed like they just wanted to be efficient. All the roads were paved and the grounds were landscaped in accordance with the Nature Coast part of the state. It was nice to be next door to access to the Gulf of Mexico for fishing and boating, two important things! Properties were kept very nicely. We enjoyed it very much, although the Wi-Fi was not as good during the day when, I guess, more people were on it. The people, regardless of whether they were owners or other renters, were very helpful and friendly. It was a pleasant surprise, as well as a bargain, especially inseason in Florida. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Motorhome.

tmart

This campground has nice interior roads, level concrete sites, good power, good water pressure, but we had a problem with brown water. We were not alerted to the terrible sediment in the water and it caused us to go through 3 filters in a matter of weeks. The park is adequate but not really a resort. Workout equipment was in need of repair. Wi-FI was limited at best while on your site. Hwy 19 road noise was loud but not intolerable. This is an owner's park and we were treated very well with one exception that was terrifying. *ALERT!* While we were here, my wife was verbally assaulted by the owner of site 237. She was walking our dog at the edge of his property and he came out of his RV and started screaming at her to get her dog off his property and not come back. She thought he was going to kick our dog or hit her. I informed the manager and he told me he was aware of the problem as he had several complaints about this guy. He asked me to write a complaint letter. I did and brought it to him and sent a copy to the Crystal River Sheriff's Dept. When I brought the letter to the manager, the President of the Board was there and read the letter and had a smirk on his face after he read it. I discovered that he has done this to several other women walking their dogs and one women that was walking her cat! The manager never confronted the owner of site 237 about the complaints and the new President of the Board denied any knowledge of any complaint. The manager told me the same guy told another renter that there was a petition to not allow renters that work at the power plant. I guess this park feels it is funny to have the owner of site 237 act in this manner because they have done nothing to discourage it. The same guy drove by me in his golf cart and screamed, "Are you leaving yet?" This person is rude at best and the park management does not appear to be concerned. This could be a nice park but the bad attitudes by the site owner and management makes it unappealing. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Donna Frances

This resort is well located for kayaking, manatee viewing, boating and bird watching. The sites are large and have mature trees on most sites. The swimming pool is heated and screened in. It is a very nice resort to visit and has sites for sale for those who like to own their sites. The activities are well attended, and folks are pleasant and fun as most RVers are in general. We loved it. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

turner5050

I write few reviews but feel it is needed in this case. The park itself is OK. The sites are good size and have concrete slabs. Lots of trees that have acorns and your rig gets covered in leaves everyday. Facilities are adequate but nothing that I would consider a resort. One building didn't even have heat. Workout equipment was in need of repair. Very few activities even though they say they have activity directors (misnamed as they are just a couple that asks if someone wants to do something). Owners were very rude and if you questioned anything you were put down and made unwelcome. Managers seemed nice. Water had good pressure but was, at times, brown. Seem to be pet friendly but everyone knew about the jerk that was mentioned in another review, but no one did anything about it. We were told not to walk down his street. Easy on and off the highway but that also caused terrible traffic noise. Some kind of bugs bit you everytime you went outside. Good interior roads. We stayed a month and will not come back. We would not recommend or buy in this park. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

ChamberlainCourt

This is an ownership park. It has level sites, a small pool and more sites than optimal for the modest facilities. Some trees, most are on the owner sites. Sites are close, but not intolerable. OK for an overnight stop as renter. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Motorhome.

RV Fun

This is our second year staying at Nature Coast Landings. It is a wonderful park, and I don't understand the previous negative reviews. Everyone is very friendly, and there are so many activities to participate in if you choose. It is an owner park, but a lot of the people staying here are renters. We were included in everything as a "family member." We had no problems walking our medium-sized dog. It is a great place to stay. We stayed for a month. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Motorhome.

downtheroad

The two reviews before me are right on. Quiet park and it is an owners park. Facilities are average at best. Nice concrete pads though. There was one real jerk. I was walking my dog on the road and my dog walked on the front of his lot and the owner came running out telling me to get my dog off his grass. He was pointing his finger and screaming and looked like he was going to kick my dog so I pulled my dog up and carried him away. He kept yelling we don't want renters in this park I am an owner and I'll get you kicked out. What a jerk. I asked some of the others we met in the park and they said he was a jerk and the management was told about him but the board would not do anything about it. This is a co-op park and from what I can find out the board hates renters so they enjoy the guy yelling at people so he scares them from coming back. Some of the owners were very arrogant. How do you get to be arrogant in a park that has mostly old beat up RVs in it. Renters are not welcome in this park. It is one big owners club. We left because we were scared. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

alby

When checking in, we told them we did not have a car, and would like to be close to pool. The lady said they rotate lots and that I could not choose one. The lot she gave us was as far away as you could be from the pool. We then went to a different park to stay. Very rude! Will never go here again. We camped at Nature Coast Landings RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Nature Coast Landings RV Resort?