Fort Myers Campground

Fort Myers, Florida

Recent Rate: $44 10/2009

Latitude: 26.4982101906444

tentbychoice

Great location. Friendly people on site and residents are nice. Must know the cleaning schedule for bathrooms before visiting them. Otherwise it's a hike to other restrooms. Close to beach and trolley service. We camped at Fort Myers Campground in a Tent.

dalley

They are right on Highway 41 with a lot of traffic noise. They will tell you that it quiets down at night but they are not trying to sleep there. They are very strict on the dog rules, which are good, but if you do not know the rules you will be literally be ran down by the office manager and yelled at in front of anyone around. If there is anything that she doesn't agree with she will cuss and yell at anyone (her guests and the employees). The campground is well groomed and in pretty decent shape. If it is warm and people are running their air conditioners there will be a lot of power outages. Very few 50 AMP sites! They do not have enough picnic tables either. I would never stay at this campground again with what I experienced and seen from the manager. A lot of very nice people there that need to let the corporate office know how they are treated. I for one have. We camped at Fort Myers Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

EssexBob

This RV park has been here many years, so I am surprised it has not been reviewed. A few years ago it was bought by Wilder Corp.(they own resorts throughout Florida and Texas). I had a problem with this resort, and for that I rated them lower than I otherwise would have. I drive a big rig(45'), so do not like surprises, and always call ahead. In this case it was a month ahead of time. When I arrived I was assigned a site, but it did not have 50 amp. I require 50 amp, and in April in Florida would be needing the a/c which uses that amperage. When I contacted the front office I was told that there were no 50 amp sites available (my reservation was for two weeks), and that I was told when I made the reservation that 50 amp service may not be available. Since I would never had made the reservation under those circumstances, I protested, found another place to stay, and asked for a refund. If you go to their website you will see they have a very stringent refund policy. Well, they knew they were wrong, and two months later I got my refund. The park itself is fine. The entrance is cramped, but the roads and sites are fine. The pull-throughs have nothing but grass (i.e. no concrete, no gravel, no buffers). It is a well located park in South Fort Myers near WalMart. I would not return there, but others might find it to their liking. We camped at Fort Myers Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Fort Myers Campground?