Jacksonville, Florida

3640 Newcomb Rd
Jacksonville, Florida 32218

Elevation: 33' (approximate)
  • Free WiFi Free WiFi yes
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $61.00

Nice park, at first they gave us a spot that we couldn't get our 40ft rig in. They kindly let us use the one right next to it which was very easy in and out. 2 swimming areas, cafe open all day activities for kids and adults. Some roads were tight getting down but we made it. Will come back if in the area. Did not use showers or restrooms. The rv' sites are situated close together so make sure you have room if you have slide outs. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $50.00

We have stayed here a few times over the years on our way out of Florida. We agree with the previous posts, it is convenient off the interstate, and it is expensive. It seems to be more and more a permanent resident park, lots of toys, big and little, around the sites. The lake and kid areas are wonderful. Heck, If I was working with a family, I would like to live here. The sites are close together, but your get Wi-Fi and cable. When passing through the area, we will stay here again. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

There are 2 beaches along the lake, one has slides for the kids. You can rent flotation devices and golf carts. The store on premises have basic supplies. You can walk around the lake, nice walk with swings to stop at, the pups love it.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

This was a two day stopover in our 44ft coach and tow vehicle. The Good: Staff was friendly and receptive. They offer a Military discount for Active/Retired/ Former Military (with Proof). This was a nice touch and one of the few places that Ive been to that offer this. This is in addition to other typical discounts. This is a big park with a large lake geared for lake activities. Very kid friendly with a lot of lake toys (non- motorized). There are a lot of staff employees who are helpful. They have a restaurant on the lake open for 3 meals a day. Restaurant also has activities like Karaoke. Also have a large Laundry Center. There are a lot of trees and shady sites and Cable Tv that gets some 54 stations. Because of its size and amenities (lake), you should have a reservation. Golf carts are aloud and can be rented from there. The Disappointing: We left a day early. Part of it was the weather- was Raining a lot. (it is Florida in summer) and our site was under water most of the time, tight and not a lot of space between neighbors. There were a lot of sites under water..... This made for a mess. Site pads were paved except in the back 40 where it was hard packed gravel, but also with a nice lake view. They do not give refunds if you leave early. Because the park is a local destination park, there appear to be folks that block or rent their sites for the season. So it makes availability of some spaces non existant. There are also appears to be full timers that take up much of the park. The park is easy to get to off of the interstate and close enough to shopping etc. But, for us the site selection was not very accommodating. I would say if you had a group that included kids or grandkids, they would love it. The park adheres to very strict rules that don't seem to be unrealistic maybe except for all the notices that if you go over 5mph they will ask you to leave. I saw many golf carts who obviously didn't feel it applied to them. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

0F04

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $48.00

The staff at Flamingo Lake RV Resort is fantastic. They are well trained and seem to love their job. The Café is wonderful. The food is very good and they deliver to your site. This is a true resort with lots of activities for young and old alike. Everything from BINGO and Karaoke for the older crowd to a fun filled water park for the kids and adventure types. You can fish in the lake. Bass are catch and release. You can keep the pan fish. Just don't take more than you can eat. Jacksonville has gotten a lot of rain in June and there is standing water everywhere. My only complaint with this resort would be that they seem to be spending more and more on great activities and neglecting their roads and sites. At my age, I don't care so much about the water park, but would like to be able to step out of my motorhome and not be in water over my shoes. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

E83 long narrow

Poor Conditions

There are many different types of sites here. The more you pay, the better the site.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $45.00

My experience was terrible. I made a reservation on their website which asked multiple questions about my teardrop camper. I arrived about 5 PM to spend the night. They told me they only accept RV vehicles and my teardrop did not qualify. I pointed out their website said nothing about that, I clearly stated I was a teardrop camper when I made the reservation and the previous RV campground I stayed at had no problem with my camper. To no avail. So, I spent the night in a near by Walmart parking lot. I must admit, though they had charged my credit card for the night, they did later refund my payment. They offered NO help with my being miles from home, late in the day, and they declining my reservation made forthrightly and in good faith. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

There is a nearby Walmart Superstore.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $47.00

Large park with many seasonal campers. Park is situated around a lake. There are two beaches. Pleasant staff. We were escorted to our site. There is an on-site restaurant that offers free delivery. We did not try, but the prices were reasonable. Evening activities include bingo, karoke and bands. Sites are pretty close together and roads are tight but adequate. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $46.00

We had truck problems and needed to unhook our trailer in order to get the repairs done. This is predominantly a seasonal or year round park. As with many RV parks, they try and fit as many money makers as they can so the sites are very small. Supposedly it was a pullthrough site. So as the host guided us in 1) the utilities were on the wrong side so they needed to be fed under the camper-not acceptable 2) if we had stayed that way, our neighbors sewer was right in the middle of our lawn. Needless to say we turned the other way, opposite to everyone else. Our yard area was 4 feet wide and the length of our rig. Going back to staying in state parks. Larger sites, not so concerned about squeezing just one more rig in the park. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Other

Would not stay here again.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $43.00

We stayed here in a 36' 5th wheel with F-350 DRW truck. The rate is based on weekly stay. Site was adequate, but just barely. We were in the heavily wooded section of the park and had to maneuver the 5th wheel so our slides would clear the trees and shrubs. The site was long enough for the trailer and truck but felt very narrow. We have stayed in the section that is closer to I-295 in the past and those sites feel more open and are much better for satellite reception but you do have traffic noise. There is free cable and WiFi. Laundry room has adequate number of washers and dryers. We did not use the restrooms/showers but they appeared to be clean. Interior roads are paved and somewhat narrow in the wooded section; dirt on the I-295 side. There is traffic noise on the I-295 side but the wooded section of the park is fairly quiet. Nice little café by the lake; lake swimming/fishing and pool; weekend activities; fee charged for visitors. There appear to be a lot of permanent and seasonal residents but the sites are well maintained. Convenient to shopping and restaurants. Occasional noise from Jacksonville airport. This park seems to stay busy all year so reservations are recommended. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $65.00

Loved it. Great family time. Lot's of activities. The staff works constantly and is very helpful. Cafe has nightly specials. Felt very safe. You have a spring fed lake with no alligators and lots of water slides etc. also a pool. What more could you want? And had extra room for companies car. No complaints here. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $62.00

Got there late, and felt lucky to have a site for the night. The place was very busy with a bluegrass event scheduled for the weekend. We were escorted to our site and assisted with backing in. We were on site #17, right on the lake with a beach and café just several feet away. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. The three children enjoyed the beach and café. I would surely want to stay at this park again! We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

17 near n beach

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $50.00

Large park centered around the lake and beaches. Water park is a blast for kids. Staff circulated all day picking up trash and cleaning the grounds. Sites are close together, and majority of the park is seasonal/permanent. Plenty of activities, friendly people abound. Good idea to rent Golf Cart, there is alot of ground to cover. Restaurant and bar are good. Does get very crowded on weekends. Staff is friendly and accomodating. This is a family-oriented park with lots of kids (and grandkids!). We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt

Look carefully at map to determine what type of site to request. There are some wonderful lakeside spots and some nice shaded areas. Some other areas of the park are less attractive - especially the lane that faces out to the highway. Best to chose an area and make a specific request to get the best options.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $55.00

I am writing this review on my I-phone because the WiFi is so bad it won't even connect to RVParkReview website or any other website. When are RV park owners going to understand we all want good internet that can stream video?Stayed here many times as it is close to Jacksonville and I-295. Half the park has paved roads and pads. The other half with the large pull through sites are dirt/gravel roads and pads, close to the Interstate noise and generate a lot of dust and mud. Park has many trees so if you want to use satellite ask for an open site. Cable is basic and ok. There is a large lake with swim beaches and a pool. I stay here only because it is convenient and only over night. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $50.00

This a regular overnight stop for us when leaving Florida. Has stayed consistent over the years. Easy on/off Interstate. Level sites, escort to site, utilities good. Good Cable, with just average wi-fi. Nice walk around the lake with the pup. There appears to be more full-time sites every time we come. This can be a very busy place during the summer, the lake is nice to swim in, with big inflatables for kids. We stayed in one of the overnight pull thru sites. We would stay here again. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Very convienent to shopping and restaurants

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $50.00

Large campground on a lake with many, many full time residents. WiFi does not exist here...they claim to have it but I could not get on in the four days we were here. The lake looked nice but we did not utilize the beaches or the restaurant. If you like dust, this is the place for you. We had a pull-through under the power lines next to a main road and our rig was coated with a layer of dust when we left. Magnesium chloride on at least the main dirt road would be a huge help; seemed like there were more employees in golf carts raising dust than rigs driving by. I would not stay here again. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

E

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $10.00

BEWARE OF THIS PARK! . Unfriendly staff and poor management. We've stayed at FLamingo lake numerous times for business travels.while most stays have been suitable for my purpose this last visit ended horribly. The manager called me after I checked out to say that he had a problem to address. He said my husband was overheard by another guest on Thurs morning asking a staff member for "white powder". Of course I was in shock. My husband and I vehemently denied these accusations as we do not use drugs. He said we were never allowed back. I tried to find out when this happened and who the "guest" and the employee were but the manager refused to speak with me any further. As for the rest of the park, there is a nice lake which I didn't use. The cafe food was below mediocre. The front desk staff with the exception of a very few employees are rude and unhelpful. The bathrooms smell like mildew and are very dated. The park roads are not paved and the dust there is intense and covers everything. In my opinion the bad thing about this park is the new management. This is not a welcoming fun place. I would be very wary of staying here as they can obviously say whatever they like if they don't want you there. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Flamingo Lake RV Resort ?