Flamingo Lake RV Resort

Jacksonville, Florida

3640 Newcomb Rd
Jacksonville, Florida 32218

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Phone Phone ?
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Flamingo Lake RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $56.00

We stayed 2 different nights in a 40 ft motorhome in pull thru sites. The first stay site was very narrow with mud on both sides of the rig, no concrete patio area. For the 2nd stay, we asked to change sites. We were put on a paved site next to the pool-very tight and narrow. It rained that night and we were standing in about 1 1/2 inches of water all around the rig. The road to the second site was quite tight and our escort had to ask someone to move a car so we could make the turn. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

E 86 and OF05

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $65.00

Very nice RV resort. We were fortunate enough to have a view right on the lake. They have a nice café and one of the nights we were there we played bingo. It was crowded but we were lucky enough not to have neighbors on either side. I would go back again if we could get our same site. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $54.00

The park is a short drive off the highway. (Maybe too short because there is a lot of highway noise overnight. ) We arrived in the midst of torrential rains. The unpaved road and grassy areas were under water. By the next morning, the sites and roads were mostly drained. There is a long grassy area and a decent sized dog park, both of which were good for walking dogs. The sites are level and the hookups are conveniently placed. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $56.00

Facilities were nice, most of the workers were pleasant. Water park was awesome. We enjoyed our time here and will be back! We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

OFO7

Featured Campgrounds Near Flamingo Lake RV Resort

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $51.00

The reception at the office set the tone for everything with this park. The staff go above and beyond, they're courteous and friendly. The campground and sites are all excellent, circling the Spring fed lake. Great little Sunshine Cafe had great meal offerings all day long, and is a great social meeting area. Beaches are fantastic. This is the kind of campground others should aspire to be. We will be back. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Shopping needs are nearby. Jacksonville Beach 1/2 hour away. St. Augustine Beach about an hour away. Jax Int'l. Airport just 20 minutes away. Easy access to I-10, I-95, I-295.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $51.00

Great for travelers. Just off RT 295 with shopping real close. Great little cafe to eat in or take out. Nice little store to purchase parts, food, clothes, and other small items. Looking forward to going back to see more of the Jacksonville area. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

We visited the Mayo Clinic on all visits to the campground. The management is very thoughtful and obliging for people visiting the clinic.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $51.00

Had a wonderful site on the Lake. Nice people, good WiFi. A bit far out from downtown. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

No real sense of a Downtown Jacksonville. Good pubs and bars in the area. Kingsely Plantation very nice.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $46.00

Stayed here for one night on our way to Savannah. The campground has a lot of amenities which we were too tired to use. Did not appreciate having to sign all of the waivers just to stay for the night. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

OF7

LvR

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $48.00

The resort is easy access from I-295. The park is quite large with many permanent and seasonal guests. We had a one night stay-over and were placed into a pull-through section in the front of the park with paved roads and sites. We drive a 45ft MH and were towing our car - hoping we could manage getting into and out of the park with the car on. It was very tight getting in, although we managed. We did have to drive around to the back of the resort in order to get into the right direction to exit the park. The office staff was very friendly and helpful, both in person and on when phone when making reservations. The utilities worked fine at the site and conveniently placed. We were in the park just after Hurricane Irma passed through and there was lots of water around. The site next to us was flooded for a portion of the time we were there, although our site was OK. Sites are relatively close together but not uncomfortably so, with a bit of grass between sites. We did not try the rest rooms, laundry, wifi, or cable so cannot comment on that. The park was relatively quiet although there was an occasional low-flying airliner. Other guests were friendly. There are a couple of dog walk and exercise areas and a large lake which is a central feature of the park. I am not certain we would stay again but only because it was a bit tight for our rig. For something a bit shorter, the sites would be adequate. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

OF06

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $61.00

Nice park, at first they gave us a spot that we couldn't get our 40ft rig in. They kindly let us use the one right next to it which was very easy in and out. 2 swimming areas, cafe open all day activities for kids and adults. Some roads were tight getting down but we made it. Will come back if in the area. Did not use showers or restrooms. The rv' sites are situated close together so make sure you have room if you have slide outs. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $48.00

The staff at Flamingo Lake RV Resort is fantastic. They are well trained and seem to love their job. The Café is wonderful. The food is very good and they deliver to your site. This is a true resort with lots of activities for young and old alike. Everything from BINGO and Karaoke for the older crowd to a fun filled water park for the kids and adventure types. You can fish in the lake. Bass are catch and release. You can keep the pan fish. Just don't take more than you can eat. Jacksonville has gotten a lot of rain in June and there is standing water everywhere. My only complaint with this resort would be that they seem to be spending more and more on great activities and neglecting their roads and sites. At my age, I don't care so much about the water park, but would like to be able to step out of my motorhome and not be in water over my shoes. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

E83 long narrow

Poor Conditions

There are many different types of sites here. The more you pay, the better the site.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

This was a two day stopover in our 44ft coach and tow vehicle. The Good: Staff was friendly and receptive. They offer a Military discount for Active/Retired/ Former Military (with Proof). This was a nice touch and one of the few places that Ive been to that offer this. This is in addition to other typical discounts. This is a big park with a large lake geared for lake activities. Very kid friendly with a lot of lake toys (non- motorized). There are a lot of staff employees who are helpful. They have a restaurant on the lake open for 3 meals a day. Restaurant also has activities like Karaoke. Also have a large Laundry Center. There are a lot of trees and shady sites and Cable Tv that gets some 54 stations. Because of its size and amenities (lake), you should have a reservation. Golf carts are aloud and can be rented from there. The Disappointing: We left a day early. Part of it was the weather- was Raining a lot. (it is Florida in summer) and our site was under water most of the time, tight and not a lot of space between neighbors. There were a lot of sites under water..... This made for a mess. Site pads were paved except in the back 40 where it was hard packed gravel, but also with a nice lake view. They do not give refunds if you leave early. Because the park is a local destination park, there appear to be folks that block or rent their sites for the season. So it makes availability of some spaces non existant. There are also appears to be full timers that take up much of the park. The park is easy to get to off of the interstate and close enough to shopping etc. But, for us the site selection was not very accommodating. I would say if you had a group that included kids or grandkids, they would love it. The park adheres to very strict rules that don't seem to be unrealistic maybe except for all the notices that if you go over 5mph they will ask you to leave. I saw many golf carts who obviously didn't feel it applied to them. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

0F04

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $50.00

We have stayed here a few times over the years on our way out of Florida. We agree with the previous posts, it is convenient off the interstate, and it is expensive. It seems to be more and more a permanent resident park, lots of toys, big and little, around the sites. The lake and kid areas are wonderful. Heck, If I was working with a family, I would like to live here. The sites are close together, but your get Wi-Fi and cable. When passing through the area, we will stay here again. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

There are 2 beaches along the lake, one has slides for the kids. You can rent flotation devices and golf carts. The store on premises have basic supplies. You can walk around the lake, nice walk with swings to stop at, the pups love it.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $45.00

My experience was terrible. I made a reservation on their website which asked multiple questions about my teardrop camper. I arrived about 5 PM to spend the night. They told me they only accept RV vehicles and my teardrop did not qualify. I pointed out their website said nothing about that, I clearly stated I was a teardrop camper when I made the reservation and the previous RV campground I stayed at had no problem with my camper. To no avail. So, I spent the night in a near by Walmart parking lot. I must admit, though they had charged my credit card for the night, they did later refund my payment. They offered NO help with my being miles from home, late in the day, and they declining my reservation made forthrightly and in good faith. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

There is a nearby Walmart Superstore.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $47.00

Large park with many seasonal campers. Park is situated around a lake. There are two beaches. Pleasant staff. We were escorted to our site. There is an on-site restaurant that offers free delivery. We did not try, but the prices were reasonable. Evening activities include bingo, karoke and bands. Sites are pretty close together and roads are tight but adequate. We camped at Flamingo Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Flamingo Lake RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Flamingo Lake RV Resort ?