Jacksonville, Florida

Elevation: 31' (approximate)
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) no
  • Showers Showers no
  • ATT, Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly ?
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $50.00

The rate that I put is for the monthly rate because that is what I am paying. Made reservations months before I was scheduled to arrive and was assured that even though the bathrooms were being renovated, they would be complete when I arrived. They are not only not complete, it looks like they have done nothing for months and all there is for bathrooms are three portable units. Three portable bathrooms for about 180 units. I specifically told them before I arrived that I used the bathroom areas rather then my trailer and no reasonable bathrooms are available. The internet is completely useless and the only way I can even write this review is to shut off the internet and rely on my cellular connection. There is not enough bandwidth to even open up a normal site. Downloading anything or trying to connect my wireless printer is a useless act. They have cable tv but all of the channels are snowy anolog and no digital connection. I am sure that will do better with my own antenna. There is nothing of consequence here that works to make a stay even remotely enjoyable. This place is horrible. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $1.00

Stayed for a couple of years until Sun Communities bought the place. In just over a year, they have raised the rent twice, limited garbage pickup to 3 days a week, have no showers or bathrooms, no clubhouse or rec room and have turned the park into an unarmed jail. If you are looking for a place to camp and don't mind being treated like a small child, then by all means come here. Otherwise, look somewhere else. $700 is the monthly rate IF you sign a 7 month lease. If you don't, monthly is over $800. Not a people-friendly atmosphere anymore which is why we left. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $61.00

We've stayed here many times coming and going to our home in FL. It's convenient to I95. Sites are concrete and EZ in and out. At this stop we were stunned that the price was $61 after a Good Sam discount. For an overnite and not using any of the amentities it's outpricing itself. Road noise and plane noise during the day doesn't make it a nice camping site. It's an overnite and that's about it. Planning on looking elsewhere on next trip. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $51.00

The good news is that the park is well maintained and there is good space between the sites. But it is right under the flight pattern at the Jacksonville airport. Not terribly intrusive but noticeable at 6 am. The best spots are in row 5. We were in row 1 right across from a trucking and trailer storage facility. And row 1 is the primary in and out lane in the park. Bottom line it is good for one night. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $61.00

This is a decent RV park in a very unfortunate location. It is right below the take-off path for Jacksonville International Airport and a military base plus is next to the I95 freeway. It is so very loud! Sites are somewhat level cement pull-thru's with FHU and 50 amp. Sites are wide so have a small picnic table on patio. Grass in between sites. Pool. Cable. Sometimes wifi. Trash pick-up on Mon, Wed, and Fri. Small lake for fishing. Internal roads are OK for big rigs. Staff is nice. They have many long-term residents, many of whom seem to smoke. We were glad to leave and probably would not stay here again due to the very high level of noise, the high cost, and the large number of smokers. It's too bad, because the park itself is nice. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Pull-thru

Budweiser Brewery is near. Fun tour. There are some alligators in a caged pond next door which are fun to see.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $44.00

Campground is undergoing serious renovations. There were no restroom/showers available but they did have temporary stations set up. We had no need to use them so couldn't say how well they worked. The sites are all pull through. We camped in 40' motor home towing a truck. I suggest disconnecting before going to your site. FHP worked well plenty of cable stations and yes lots of airplane noise, but you tune it out pretty quickly. Great overnight stop. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

lmg

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $32.00

Recently purchased by Sun Resorts, this RV park is undergoing major well-needed improvements. They have a temporary trailer featuring 3 restroom/showers for 250 sites. About 80% of the park is occupied by semi permanent residents and the other 20% allocated to transients. The transient pull through sites seem to all be located closest to the entrance and amenities. Sites are fine but they are in need pavement as there are lots of cracks. No shade in the park. Easy on and off the highway. Easy paved roads and sites. Priced too high without the PA discount given the quality of the park. We will stay here again in our motorhome. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

LvR

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $54.00

The CG is easy access from I-95 with internal paved roads and concrete sites. Internal roads are quite narrow but we were able to get into, around, and out of the campground with our car attached to our 45ft MH. We stayed on a Sunday and the office was closed. They did however, leave our material at the office and we found our site without difficulty. Our rig just fit end-to-end and we were able to keep the car attached. The grounds were a bit ragged when we were there. Trash had not been picked up at sites and the grass was quite long. We noticed though, that the grass between sites was quite wet as they had recently had significant rain. Utilities were well placed and worked. They have free Wifi and we were able to get connected. The speed however was extremely slow and made it effectively useless. Our hotspot was good enough for gently internet surfing. Not may trees in the park so most sites are satellite friendly and we had good sat and OTA reception. As noted previously, it is on the flight path for Jacksonville airport. We did hear some planes pass over but we did not find it annoying. There was not flight noise at night. Did not use the rest room or laundry facilities so cannot comment on that. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $49.00

Like other have said this park is directly under the path of one of the Jacksonville International airport runways. The noise can be very loud but there is no activity between 5 am to about 10 pm. The park is about 75% permanent or long term occupants who have a load of stuff all around. Pull through sites are long but not flat the entire length so you have to "center" on the high spot. Concrete is all cracked showing that the park is old. Most of the sites had a old concrete picnic table that is in the way if you have slides on the passenger side and it can't be moved. The remodeling looks to be limited to buildings. Laundry building is okay but the machines are old. The payment method is odd (at least I haven't seen it before) in that you have to buy or rent a special card, load the card with money at a machine in the office before you can use it. The machine only accepts cash and there are no refunds. The park has easy access from I-95 and is a good stop over. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $60.00

New owners have commenced making improvements on the property. New fencing, heated pool, new picnic tables and work commencing to repair roads and concrete pads. We plan on returning. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $48.00

Excellent stop over spot. Easy access, good, paved interior roads and sites with patios. Park is part of 'vacation village' but totally separate from it. Long pull thru sites, very level sites, with hookups in the right places. Satellite TV worked great. Cable TV, but lower channels were 'snowy' (happens way too often at campgrounds). WiFi in camp worked decently. Right next to large flea market open on weekends. Campground office only - no camp store. Close to commercial area. Only negative - campground is directly on flight path of airport. Noise from takeoff/landings very, very loud. Did not, however, notice any at night and I am very light sleeper. Will stay again. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $40.00

We only stayed at Pecan Park for one night en-route from Miami to Hilton Head. We pulled in about 10 minutes after the office closed, so we had no interaction from the staff during our stay. To me this is a very clean, very neat RV parking lot. The sites were nice, but there were no trees, so my guess is that it is very hot in the summer. Unlike other campgrounds we stayed in during this trip, the folk here didn't seem as friendly and open as in some of the other parks we camped in. But again, we were only here for one night. But the airplanes were annoying. I cannot imagine staying here on a long-term basis with jets constantly flying into and out of JAX. The first fly-over in the morning was just after 5:00 AM, so I was up for the rest of the day. Fortunately we only had 140 miles to our final destination, so I was able to catch up the next day. But I don't know how people staying here could ever get used to the noise. I guess air conditioning and ear plugs would work for some, but they don't work for me. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $42.00

Spent a week there with lots of problems 1. Not a resort only has a pool no organized activities at all - 80 90% permanents 2. The flights from Jacksonville airport are very very noisy 3 Laundry room is very tired and a employee had to open the stuck window for us to get some air in 4 Only restroom had handicapped shower out of order - no curtain, no controls, no shower head - other shower had a fist sized hole in the wall Currently there is a lot of dust and noise due to resurfacing the roadways - when I complained about the dust all over our car and MH the manager said that's the price of progress he did not apologize or say anythings else -- I cancelled the second week and checked out early Sun resorts really has a winner in this manager We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $46.00

We have stayed here on numerous occasions enroute south or returning north from points in Florida. The campground is always clean and the staff extremely friendly. The only drawback is that it lies on one of the departure/takeoff (depending on the wind) flight paths for Jackson International Airport. However, we've never experienced any overnight noise. We will continue to stay here! We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $35.00

Easy access from the highway, everything is pavement or cement, except for the tiny bit of grass between sites. Really, just a parking space. Park has a nice pool area and a pond and canal along one edge. I mention the pond and canal because we go to Florida for birding and see most of the birds along water. Planes made it a bit noisy, but the morning trash pick up was handy. We came in stayed a night and moved on. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Pecan Park RV Resort ?