Pecan Park RV Resort

Jacksonville, Florida

650 Pecan Park Rd.
Jacksonville, Florida 32218

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly ?
  • Restrooms Restrooms no
  • Showers Showers no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Pecan Park RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Very nice park. I would not say it is a resort. Very well kept, friendly staff. Pool area is very nice. We are staying for a month. Wifi is practically non existent. If internet is important to you or airplane traffic you may not like it here. It gets loud once in a while but not really an issue for me. I had to use my phone data to check my emails. The sites are all concrete pull thru and all roads are paved. We camped in a 43 foot motorhome. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $60.00

Staff was very friendly and helpful. All roads paved and sites are level. This was just an overnite stay and it fit the bill perfectly. Easy on/off from I-95. Stress free parking and hookup. Only real negative was the price and overhead flight path. Facilities are immaculate and wash room had plenty of machines which also take credit cards. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Asphalt

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $56.00

I read the other reviews and decided to try Pecan Park and felt the other reviews were very harsh! This is an RV resort, not a campground, thus I did not expect a lot of shade trees and the "parking lot feel" - well that allows level sites, easy maneurvering, and pull-thrus, which is nice. All of the roads and lots and patios are paved - no gravel and dust! - except our site had excessive crumbling concrete, which made the site look pretty bad (the patio portion was okay though - that's the important part). There is grass btw all sites with small shrubs by the hook-ups and trees and landscaping along the perimeter of the park - all look very nice. And it seems that they are adding more landscaping as well. The long-term folks are toward the rear of the park and none of those sites (or their units) are offensive! The clubhouse and RR's are top notch. We don't use wi-fi, so I can't comment on that. The workers are friendly and efficient. The downside: The dog park was unusable due to flooding - there is a low spot that needs to be addressed (it appears that any amount of rain would make it unusable) and there is no recreation or fitness room. I do feel that the place is extremely over-priced for what they offer. We were able to use PA for one night ($30), but the other 2 nights were $56 with GS, which is really too much for what the park has to offer - especially for the "off-season." We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

The Jacksonville Baldwin Rail Trail is excellent for biking. Be sure to go to Amelia Island and visit Fernandina's historic DT - the buildings, shops and homes are awesome!

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $35.00

The park was very clean and well-organized. The staff were very friendly. The air traffic was a bit loud, but settled down at night and we slept quite well. The washrooms were being repaired, but they brought in temporary washrooms and showers that were adequate. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Pecan Park RV Resort

LFF

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $25.00

Rate reflects monthly discount. Excellent park with concrete well spaced sites. Grounds are well kept and easy access from I95. The only negative is park is in the flight pattern for the Jacksonville airport. Plane noise is periodic all day but ends around 10 PM. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

About 3 miles from Wal-Mart, Lowes, restaurants, etc.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $28.00

Large spacious pull thru sties. Well manicured grass area. Wide interior roads. Only small downside is the park is right below an approach to one of the JAX runways. The planes were all landing, so noise was not bad. I would defiantly recommend this park. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $68.00

Stayed in this park for over 7 years. The first 6 were great. Then Sun Communities bought the property and turned the place into a prison camp. The manager rides around the park looking to see who she can give grief to. There haven't been showers or bathrooms in over a year. The only amenity in the park is the pool. The maintenance man acts as her stooge accusing people of smoking pot and berating one and all with no consequences to his actions. Since the manager and Sun arrived, there has been a concentrated effort on their part to drive all of the long-term residents out of the park. There were over 90 full-time residents prior to their arrival. Now there are less than 60 with more departures happening on a regular basis. If you are looking for a place to stay where your every activity is monitored to make sure you are not having too good of a time, by all means stay here. Otherwise, avoid this place like the plague. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $50.00

This "resort" was like camping not in a campground but in an airport parking lot. The rows were laser-straight, quite orderly, and they were of reasonable size, though the concrete pads were cracked with the strain of the comings and goings of big rigs. But the air traffic from and to nearby Jacksonville International Airport was constant and loud. They have some of the requisite amenities of a "resort": swimming pool, playground, etc. And they've planted a few trees, which will need another 20 years to provide any shade. There is a nice sized pond, with the necessary Florida warnings about snakes and gators. The neighborhood is something to drive through without notice. It's that rough stretch of scrabbling old and new small shops that you find on the outer frontier of a city. Nonetheless, campers are there for the month or the season in their big, fancy RVs. I guess we all have different expectations. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $27.00

Clean and quiet park. I was working at Mayo so it was close to work. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Mayo close

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $65.00

We stayed here on an overnight because of the close proximity to I-95. We didn't notice the close proximity to the international airport until after we arrived. First, this place is really clean and most of the units upscale. We travel in a 2018 22' TT pulled by an f350; our neighbors were all coaches or large fifth wheels. While nobody seemed put off by our presence, nobody went out of their way to speak either. Campsite was plenty large enough, mostly level and water pressure good. WiFi was spotty and we didn't connect to TV. I do wonder why the campground calls itself a resort though; I picture a destination when I pay destination prices. We did find being in a departure path for the airport quite distracting; the noise was sufficient to interrupt conversation. We chose another option for our northbound trip a week later. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $68.00

This isn't a bad place but I give it a lower rating because of advertising itself as an RV Resort and charging as if it is one. There is nothing here to qualify this as a resort, which I consider to be a destination itself. Rather, as an RV park, this would rate fairly high. This is a decent place to park when sightseeing in the area. It is best described as an airport parking lot with hookups and grass between the spaces. There is no ambiance whatsoever. It lies directly beneath the airport departure flight path, so noise is considerable starting at 5:45 AM every morning. When that's not happening, there's traffic noise from I-95. Sites are pull-through, paved, large, and mostly level but are boring. No picnic tables or fire rings and minimal trees. There is a small pool and modern laundry facilities. It's very convenient to I-95 and for the adjoining flea market. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $49.00

Another campground we have stayed at many times when either arriving in or leaving Florida. Always clean, staff friendly and extremely convenient off I-95 (Exit 366). While the park has been acquired by Sun Properties since our last visit, the changes seem to be cosmetic and our experience unchanged and very positive. Only drawback is that the park is less than a mile from the end of one of Jacksonville International Airport's runways. However, flights seem to always stop between 10:00-11:00 PM and not resume until around 7:00 AM. We plan to stay there when heading north in late April! We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $61.00

Good park, easy to maneuver our trailer. It was very open with very few trees. Very nice office staff. Park was going through a little update but didn't have any issue with the work being done. Easy to get to off I-95. They pickup your garbage at your spot 3 days a week. We stayed five nights. The biggest issue we had was that there were a large number of long term/permanent campers. Some of the campers had brought in semi-permanent structures. Some sites had so much stuff around their site they almost could not get their car parked on the pad. Had some working on motorcycles and would rev the engines very loud during the day. The site next to ours the owner of the RV was working on his rear axle. Some sites had so much stuff that looked like it had been there for years. The Park states it is a resort. Why would it have so many permanent residents? Gave it a rating of 7 because of all the long term/permanent campers, otherwise I would have given a much higher rating. Also a little pricy, but this is the only one we could find on a short notice. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $60.00

Spacious concret sites, convenient to I-95. Easy to maneuver though Park in 38 ft. MH . We had no problem walking our garbage to the dumpster - short walk and good for some exercise. We were here the week between Christmas and New Years. A bit expensive, but worth it for the concrete sites and great satellite reception and the wide spaces. Will definitely stay here again-the airplane noise was tolerable and a trade off for the clean, spacious sites ( no dirt for the doggies to drag in!) We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Close to many shopping areas and University of Jacksonville . Easy on/off I-95

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $54.00

large, clean campground with few trees and is under an airport so is noisy. Have used campground as a pass-thru spot many times in the past. This year they have gone way up on price, more than services warrant. Had cable TV & advertised Wifi, however, could not connect to Internet at any time of the day or late night. For price, will not stay here again. We camped at Pecan Park RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Pecan Park RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Pecan Park RV Resort ?