9.3 Excellent

Key West, Florida

2950 US Highway 1
Key West, Florida 33040

• Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Bluewater Key RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $220.00

First time back in 3 years. I've posted before about this park and normally wouldn't have posted again were it not for some of the negative comments. Simply put, you get what you pay for. Beautiful grounds, attentive staff and rules designed to keep the property at a resort level. There is a place in this world for KOAs and Holiday Inns. There's also a place for the Little Palm Islands (look 'em up!) and the Bluewaters. At the end of the day, it's about how much you're willing to spend for a unique, memorable experience as opposed to a place to park your camper. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Pavers

Try Fish for dinner nearby, discount for Bluewater guests, Mangrove Mamas will deliver to your site. Plus all the regular Key West stuff, Blue Heaven, Santiagos Bodega, Ft Zachary, Bahia Honda and so on!

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $200.00

Beautiful location to camp. We stayed on Lot 76 which is a waterfront site with dock. Although it rained EVERY day for a week, it was a wonderful trip. We loved the tiki hut and dock. The fish are beyond smart so we fed them much more than they fed us. It's about a 35-45$ Uber/Lyft ride each way to Key West (depends on time and day). We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $135.00

Very overpriced park with horrible customer service. The park is located about 15 minutes from Key West where the sites are each privately owned. Each site has a gravel parking pad, which is very odd given the price, concrete or pavers for the rest of the site and a small tiki hut. The amenities at each hut depends on what the owners have installed. Our tiki had a TV, couch, chairs and bar area. Most sites back up to either the bay side or the canal side. Those sites offer direct access to the water, but not much in the way of views. The park has a common grass area that is half human park and half dog park. They also have a common area along the canal side where about half of the sites back up to the common area instead of the canal. The pool is nice, but the showers and bathrooms are what you would expect at a 20 year old public beach bathroom. The wifi worked decent during our stay. We had a bad experience with the staff while checking in and if you make the mistake of staying here, be sure to be here before 5pm for check in. We have stayed in several RV parks where the sites are privately owned and this park was by far the most expensive and offered the least. I would recommend trying the other park options in the area. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $135.00

Amazing ...awesome and fantastic team working at this RV park. They have thought about everything...a dog park just for your dogs and people park next to it. Safe code entry in the gate. 8 miles from most of the action. The site we had a full hookup. It has cable and there is WiFi on site. Clean swimming pool and clean grounds. We had our own tiki bar with a sink to cook outside and chairs to invite people over for a cookout. We were suppose to stay for 2 nights, but the neighbors we met were so friendly, we stayed for 6 nights. Loved it to the max and will do it again and again. Come prepared to relax and enjoy this "people" place. They have 3 type sites available: Tropical - which is basically you have private access to the swimming pool; the Canal - which you can fish or kayak from, and the Bay - which is water front. You can fish and swim in both areas. Truly had a memorable trip to this beautiful place. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

01 to 85 sites

Featured Campgrounds Near Bluewater Key RV Resort

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $215.00

We have stayed here a number of times. Although it is late in the season, we were fortunate to find a premium site just a couple of weeks in advance. Yes, it is getting very HOT, but I must say we are thrilled to be here and nice job on Hurricane Irma recovery Blue Water Key. You would never know what happened here just a few months ago. Owners and management should be proud of what they have accomplished. As I've said before, this is the most tropical place in America-and even though it is an entirely different experience (both the park, and Key West) it is definitely worth your time and money. It really is a one of a kind park, and Key West is a trip, left turn difficulties and all. No shortage of fun things to do and see-and easy to find with a quick google search. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $150.00

Never paid this much for a camp site, but thought I would give it a try since it was "on the water" and convenient to get to The Key West attractions. My opinion....over priced. Would not visit this place again at their current pricing, my lot was on the canal side, looking directly at poorly maintained homes directly across the channel. Also didn't care for the gravel on this lot number. Most of the other sites were either paved or had concrete. My 45' fifth wheel barely fit with the rear patio opened. Due to design of sewer pipe connection, I could not seal the elbow into the threaded connection-recessed hole caused the elbow to hit the concrete. I placed a large rock on the elbow. Took 3 sewer hoses to make connection (approximately 30'). We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Fish restaurant very close and good, quiet resort, people I met were friendly.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $180.00

The staff at Blue Water Key is top notch. They go out of their way to help you. We were on site 74, which I would not rent again, needs to be updated. They can only fix and repair what the owners are willing to spend. I understand they had a hurricane a few months previous but most of the issues were not hurricane related, just long term neglect. Counter on bar rotted, trim missing, ceiling fan fell during our stay. I was also frustrated that the dock was damaged from the hurricane and was not fixed, we were only told upon arrival even though I called ahead of time and specifically asked about the condition of the site. This was supposed to be a gold site but they only charged us silver. Pictures on web site not up to date, furniture is different or not three, no sink, etc. The pool was very nice as were the grounds, the guys were constantly cleaning and working to keep the area looking nice. Would definitely go back, just would not rent site 74. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $115.00

This park is worth every single penny you spend to stay here. There was so much to it. The biggest positive is the location. While you are not in Key West proper, if you rent a bay-side lot you'll be right on the water to fish, kayak, paddleboard, etc. We used the dock for yoga every morning as well. You are about 30 minutes from Key West proper but it doesn't feel that way. You are a good 15 minutes from any kind of shopping (15 minutes). Still, it won't matter. We loved using the outside living space as well. We think ours was one of the best (lot 77) with all the amenities they provided! The staff was amazingly accommodating and friendly. The sites were plenty big for our big rig. The only negatives was that the dog area wasn't fenced in and there's a designated dog area, meaning your dog has to "hold it" until you reach that area. We wouldn't hesitate to return here. What an amazing experience! We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Make sure you make reservations for the restaurant Latitudes on Sunset Key. Make reservations well in advance and make them for the time of sunset. You won't be disappointed! A great place to rent kayaks and paddleboards is keyaks.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $180.00

This was our second time staying here and we would stay again for the view, location and some of the amenities. Previous reviews are accurate about the quality of the sites (tiki huts etc), the helpfulness of the staff and the views on the bayside. They have recovered very well from Hurricane Irma and kudos are due to the staff. That said, having visited other "luxury" RV Resorts since our first visit here in 2014, we noticed one thing that comparatively, was a disappointment: The bathhouse is sorely in need of refurbishing. It is old and small and while probably cleaned regularly, doesn't feel that way. Hurricane refurbishment expenses aside, for what they charge, the owners and management need to step up and put some capital into this important amenity. With that, Bluewater would be a 10. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Pavers
Other

This far down in the keys there are no Walmarts or Targets. Key West has several grocery stores (including 2 Publix) and hardware and some national brand retail stores. If you need any "RV" supplies, you should get them before you get on the "Overseas Highway (US 1)".

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $154.00

Wonderful place to stay.....if you get the chance to select, stay on the bay side, not the canal side. We were within 25 feet of the ocean. We could sit in the RV seats looking out the front window right out to the water. Always had a nice breeze (which can sometimes be a bad thing) Most sites had their own individual cabana or palapa with a boat dock, outdoor kitchen, etc. the amenities were superb. Key West was about 14 miles from the park......with tons of things to do. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Key West is just a short jump away.....

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $125.00

Bluewater Key Staff presented themselves as very friendly, courteous and professional. I was extremely impressed with the smooth check in process, starting with the call checking on my arrival time to the actual guiding to the site and getting me backed in perfectly! Site 50 was the perfect pick for my needs. While this site does not have all of the amenities of many other sites, I really did not have the need for those upgrades. All of the hook ups worked without any issues including the cable TV (I did not need the wireless internet so I cannot comment on that amenity). The site is exactly like the photo provided by the owner. The tropical vegetation which created the border of the site was a nice touch that provides some privacy. The Tiki hut with the table/chair set along with the great walk out dock fit my daily needs to the perfectly. It was a wonderful spot for a "cup of java" welcoming the dawn of the day. The dog park was nicely manicured and kept fairly clean (unfortunately there will always be some people who don't clean up after their dogs). One other dog issue I did notice was there were a few dogs I noticed not on leashes (again, there will always be some people who believe they don't need to follow the rules). I found it to be the perfect location to take in the "Key West" sights. The only recommendation I can think of is the sign for the RV Resort itself could be better. I hope to camp here again someday in the future! We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Beside all the Key West sights we took a short drive north and found the "Fat Albert" Blimp as well as Saddlebunch Keys (Old State Rd 4a or 939A) which was a cool back road to see some wildlife

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $125.00

What a nice place but that's what it should be for the price. Our site was perfect for us, cement and uncluttered with owners stuff. Check-in went smooth. Satellite wouldn't work and cable was missing many channels that were listed on the guide. I would stay here again. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $150.00

This is a resort! We stayed for nine nights in early May on site number 65, this is a Bay Front Platinum site. Check in was the most efficient we have ever experienced, they direct you to your site and show you everything in the tiki. The site was more then large enough for our 33' class A motorhome and toad, electric, water and sewer hookups are on either side so you have the option to pull in or back in. We also liked that paver area that was the entire site, this kept the motorhome very clean inside. The tiki hut was mostly enclosed with translucent windscreens, this made viewing great but knocked down the wind that we had for a couple of days. This also allowed us to place temporary gates up to keep our dogs inside with us. The tiki was fully furnished with dining table, chairs, couch, end tables and two loungers, it also had ceiling fans, lighting, a full length kitchen counter, two drawer refrigerator, ice maker, cable television. kitchen sink with hot and cold water. Off is the tiki is a patio / sitting area, two loungers and enough room for more chairs. The private dock has a ladder for access to the water area for swimming / kayaking / paddle boarding. There is also a floating dock for a jetski. There is a freshwater hose located by the dock / patio area, this made for hosing off feet and kayaks a breeze. The privacy was excellent between sites with beautiful landscaping and lighting. All utilities worked excellent. This is very close to the leashed dog park, this makes quick and easy access for your dog. This site is also in one of the widest parts of the park, so pulling in / backing out is not an issue since there since there is so much room. Shading / filtered light was nice, this kept the motorhome a little cooler inside. The staff was amazing, lots of where to go, see and do tips. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

No Others In Sight

Dog parks, Key West at Higgs Beach, Another in Big Pine Key (30150 South St Big Pine Key, FL 33043). Places visited in Key West; Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory, Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park, Farmers market at Bayview Park, Firehouse Parking Lot for centralparking in KW. Breakfast / Lunch Dinner; Date and Thyme, The Cafe. Other then KW; Baby's Coffee, next to the campground / resort. Good Food Conspiracy, great food. Bahia Honda State Park, beautiful place. Turtle Hospital.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $135.00

Second time we stayed here. Gated RV resort, welcome center in the front before gate. Friendly and helpful staff. They escort you to your site and help you park. We stayed at a Bay Front Gold site that was all gravel and level. Plenty of room for 40ft and tow to park. The site had a tiki hut and outside lanai with good seating. This site had a dock. Sites are close together, but most have landscaping to provide privacy. Good size pool is located with a club house and laundry room. Laundry room has modern washers, and good working dryers. 14 miles from key west, therefore a quiet place. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $200.00

This is a very well maintained luxury RV Resort, staff was friendly and helpful at check in. Interior roads are all paved and big rig access is good. Our site was very spacious, plenty of space for our towed, lots of privacy between sites due to the wonderful landscaping. Each site is privately owned and each one is decorated differently, we had a lovely screened in Tiki Hut with patio seating, a cute Tiki Bar, a private dock and a truly spectacular view out over the water. Our pull in pad was gravel, with a concrete patio and wooden deck. It was very quiet at night but during the day there was some noise from jets at the nearby base. The bathrooms and laundry are adequate but minimal as they expect you to use your self contained facilities. There is a lovely pool with a small clubhouse, and security was 24/7 which we liked. Very pet friendly with a dog park, doggie bags and disposal station. They were also very strict on the pick up after your pet policy. Standard WiFi is slow, if you want a higher speed you have to pay an extra $5 a day, which seems a little petty. We would stay here again, however, not all sites are equal, so do your research carefully on this Resort. We camped at Bluewater Key RV Resort in a Motorhome.

It's 10 miles from Key West, so close to unique shops, great places to eat and endless sightseeing to enjoy.

Featured Campgrounds Near Bluewater Key RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Bluewater Key RV Resort ?