9 Excellent

• Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $115.00

Park is packed and crowded, it is loud all the time, round the clock, dogs bark constantly, kids screaming ALL the time, kids running through your site constantly, lots of noise from everything including people camping with loud music. Riding the bus is handy but you have to stand up or sit with some stranger against you (and lots of them smell!), buses are always packed like a sardine can......... It is NOT worth the escalated prices just because it is at Disney. There are a lot of other parks nearby that are better than this one.. Best tip I can offer is; "GO SOMEWHERE ELSE" because this park is way over-priced and not worth what you pay........ The people are loud around the clock, kids are out of control as long as they are there, people turn them loose to do whatever they want to do. We had loud music problems at night and it was hard to get a good nights sleep and peaceful meals and watch tv................... We camped at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Forgot on loop
Asphalt, Gravel, Sand

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $1.00

Our camping rate was rolled into our one week package to visit multiple Disney parks so it's difficult to break out. We arrived at a nearby park the day before because check-in at Fort Wilderness isn't until 1pm even though you can play in any of the Disney parks all morning before check-in. In order to do this, you must "pre-register" at Fort Wilderness when they open to get your passes/tickets. The new hostess at Fort Wilderness had no clue that we could do this even though we were told by Disney telephone staff. We had to notify Fort Wilderness security that the motorhome next to our site had a large barking dog inside and they had left the windows open. We found little or no security patrol in Fort Wilderness resulting in offensive noise during quite hours and as late as 1AM. Fort Wilderness is over-run with kids driving ClubCars/Golf Carts that pay no attention to one-way traffic through camping loops. They also clog traffic throughout the entire park. We expected a much better experience at this park, but due to the total lack of security we won't return here. We camped at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $80.00

Our first visit to this park and we were shocked at what we (didn't) get for the extraordinary price we paid for our stay. Basic hookups in a too tight space. Cable? Extra $$$s! Wi-Fi? Extra $$$s! Kids were totally out of control and no enforcement of basic camping etiquette. A Wal-Mart boondocking is more peaceful. It was convenient to the park, but little else positive to say about it. We camped at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2009 - $94.00

I booked and paid for a premium site Dec 26 - 31 2009 and when I got there they put us in a tent site. I called the front office and they said sorry that's all we have available. Disconnected my trailer and drove to the office and we got another site that had electric, water, and sewer. We were not offered any refund. We had to call guest services due to neighbors breaking quite hours in which at 2 am they finally went to bed. I will never take my family to this campground again. For the amount of money spent I felt like I could never relax in order to get my monies worth. We stayed up the road for $19 a night and had a more enjoyable time. We camped at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Date of Stay: February, 2009 - $62.00

This place is not worth the money: First, I made my reservations back six months ago. I emphatically told them I had to have a thirty-foot wide slot because of all the slides. What do they put me in? A site made for a twenty-four foot unit. Cannot change because they are full they say. Give me my money back and I will elsewhere. Sorry, no refunds, your stuck here. To pass the time away, I watched others trying to get into their sites. One person took over forty-five minutes trying to get his rig in. These, by way were supposed to Premium sites? I could not open my compartments without closing the slides on one side. Then, I cannot use the picnic table without closing the slide on the other side. Plus I cannot open my awning. Lets make the best of this place anyways. Go to turn on the WI-FI and no signal. Find out there are only three places for WI-FI. Go there and find no power at these places. You either sit in your car or outside in rocking chairs. So back we come charged up and find that on top of the Sixty plus dollars a day they charge us, it is Ten dollars more a day for WI-FI. Then comes the payoff, the pool was closed for renovations and it was a couple mile trip or an hours ride using WDW transportation to the pool that campground users were allowed to be in. Later went to the store for a few items and the prices there were for example, $5.50 for a bottle of beer, $2.50 for a can of Soda etc., Found it cheaper to go drive to a Wal-Mart than buy anything in the Campground. All in All, if you are going to go to WDW, no matter how much the kids or grand kids want you to stay there don’t, save yourself money and stay elsewhere. The Forty plus dollars you can save a day staying elsewhere can pay for a lot of parking etc. One last thing, No Smoking allowed. That is unless it is pot, that they allow and the smoke from some of the sites drifted over choked us. We camped at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $79.00

6 nights of expensive full hook-up was not worth 4 days of flooded camp-site. we were truly disappointed with the what used to be a "magical disney touch" for atmosphere. there was some sort of safety issue going on for a few nights, what it was they would not tell us, but with security people and vehicles every few minutes- looking around werely, we were worried. roads are tight and we had to try a second campsite to fit. not sure what is going on with landscaping, bare and unsightly. will not be back for this price. We camped at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

ETB

Date of Stay: December, 2005 - $99.00

We heard nothing but great things about this campground. After arriving we found it VERY overrated and VERY VERY over priced. We stayed in the 'pet loop'. The sites are set up rather odd. Typically you have an area on the curb side of your rv for a picnic table etc, but our site had that area BEHIND our motor home. Our site was small, we could not open our awning, was not very private and shrubs separating the sites where thin or missing. There where no shrubs directly behind our site - just a direct view of the main road behind us. The road in the 'pet loop' is VERY narrow with tree limbs over hanging the road that rubbed the roof of our motor home. Backing in a 38 foot motor home is difficult. The in ground trash can made it VERY difficult to back into our site. You won't get treated better anywhere else, after all it is 'Disney'. But with that being said we have been to much nicer campgrounds. Now I can say 'Been there - done that'. We see no need to return. We camped at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Are you affiliated with Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground ?