Florida Caverns State Park

• Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Florida Caverns State Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $20.00

This is an older state park, that really is overdue for some needed upgrades to the campsites. The campsites, other than the ADA sites are mud, and I do mean mud. If there has been any rain in the last week or so, expect to be camping in muck. The campsite we had was one of the very few that would fit a 40 foot class A motor home, and it was a mud hole. They need to bring in some fill dirt and gravel to level and bring this site up to the roadway level. Water and muck was in our site for the whole week that we were there. Hopefully, when I leave tomorrow, I will be able to get out without getting stuck. They do have full hookups and the sites, but the power does fluctuate quite a bit, so an EMS is recommended. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

The Caverns tour is the only reason to come here. Don't come during the rainy season.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $10.00

This is a very well maintained campground, all sites had some amount of shade. The campground host was very nice and looked out for our possible needs. We took the Cavern tour, the reason for our stay, and the guide was very knowledgeable about how the caverns were discovered and developed as well as when the park was developed and by whom. We would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Tent Trailer.

Long enough for my tent trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $23.00

Lots are quite large, clean and hard packed sand. We encountered some gnats and a few mosquitoes in the afternoon, but they went away as the evening came. Fires are allowed. We stayed in lot 32 which had a campsite only on one side - with the other side being woods. Pretty view! Our stay overlapped the weekend. The park does get busier on the weekends, but not overcrowded. Staff was friendly. The entrance gate looks really tight, but manageable. The road in the campground itself is a tight one lane road. The roads within the park are good asphalt, but have some 4-5 inch drop offs throughout, so be careful. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand

The Blue Hole is a short easy walk from the campground and beautiful. We also took a cave tour that was worth the time and entrance fee. We didn't find a lot to do in town, so we spent 95% of our time in the park.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $20.00

Lovely campground. We were there in late March and there were already some skeeters but not bad given that we were camped right next to water. Had a nice view of a cypress swamp right out our back window. Site was level and long enough but VERY hard to back into given that it was at a right angle to the narrow road. Most of the backin sites seem to be at 90 degrees to the road. We were only there for the cave and some hiking but the spring and swimming hole looked fun too - just too cool while we were there. My only real complaint is the entry to the park - the posts on either side of the electric gate and the gap to go past the checking booth were both so narrow that I was really nervous going in. No reason for them to be that tight except that whoever laid this out has never pulled an RV or driven a big truck. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 20
Sand

Hike the short trails around the caverns - some really interesting rock formations, wild flowers and terrain.

Featured Campgrounds Near Florida Caverns State Park

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $20.00

The campsites were nothing spectacular but for the price I can't complain. Beware the mosquitoes (we camped 2/28-3/3)! We were swarmed just pulling in and despite spray and bug bands, we came home looking like we had a case of the chicken pox. The caves are really neat. Unfortunately blue hole wasn't blue during our visit. Most campers seemed to stay inside their campers during our stay, so it wasn't very lively. We will visit the caverns again but most likely won't camp here again. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Tent Trailer.

Long enough for my tent trailer and tow vehicle

Nearby, Very Close
Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $24.00

Very nice state park nestled just outside of town. The highlight of course was the cavern tour which I highly recommend. They now give tours 7 days a week and the cost is $8.00 per person. They also have a VIP tour that starts at 5:00 p.m. The sites are a mix of long and short, and they are all back in with FHU. Sites are packed sand/dirt over gravel and can get muddy when it rains. Some sites aren't level, but our site #30 was level enough (although slightly sloping front to back) and long enough for our 40' fifth wheel and tow dually. All sites are VERY wide (like a double site), easy to get in/out of and had a fire ring and picnic table. The interior roads are narrow, but they have upgraded the road into the campground with new blacktop. Sites have good separation and the campground has lots of trees. The park was clean and well maintained, and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Bathhouse was large and clean (and heated!), and consisted of 3 bathrooms and 3 showers per gender. They also had two washers and two dryers, but one of each was out of order while we were there. Only a few OTA channels and Verizon signal was spotty. They have the "Blue Hole", a swimming area that is a natural spring which keeps a 65 degree temperature all year round. The water is a pretty shade of blue and is surrounded by a large picnic area. The park also has a visitor center/gift shop with lots of snacks/gifts, but no rv supplies to speak of. We really enjoyed this park and would definitely return if we are in the area. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

The nearest place to refill propane is McCoy's Food Mart near downtown Marianna (Tractor Supply is close but they don't refill propane), but they charge a flat fee to refill. Falling Waters State Park is about 20 miles away and is a nice day trip to see sinkholes and Florida's largest waterfall (best to go after it has rained). Grocery store and Walmart just a few miles away.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $20.00

Lovely park in Florida Panhandle near Marianna. The campground is small (32 sites in one loop) but well tended. We were in site 16 which was the only site with a gravel surface; all the others were hard packed sand or concrete for the wheelchair accessible sites. Our site was plenty large for our 27 ft. travel trailer. The sites have sewer. A clothesline was included, and I wish more campsites provided this. The bath house was clean. There is a bat house right outside the bath, at dusk they come pouring out and if you are daring enough to stand still and watch it is crazy having bats brush past your head. There is a long drive through the park to the campground, great for bikes. The cave tour was fun and informative. The spring wasn't open for swimming and due to the drought it wasn't flowing too much, but it was fun to look for fish and birds around the spring. Lots of good hiking trails in the park, nothing too strenuous. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Marianna has the basics (Walmart, Winn Dixie, etc.). We had breakfast one morning at The Waffle Iron and really enjoyed it. We hiked and fished along the Chipola River near the Bellamy Bridge Trail north of the park.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $10.00

Really nice campground, my pad was concrete and level, there are several pads that are concrete and all are level, also sewage hook up for each site (unusual for Fl. S.P. Campgrounds. CG has walking trails, horse trails and a stable with three sites near the stable, Host was nice and also very friendly. All sites are back in, Restrooms are clean. The entrance road has been patched and is a little rough in places , there is some road construction going on so maybe they are going to overlay the roadway. Good campground and I highly recommend it. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Marianna is close by and a list of nearby restaurants ,. as well as Wally World, Lowes... etc. was furnished on check in. I did not do the cave tour as I had been there and done that several times. Truck stop, food, restaurants, convenient to campground

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $10.00

This is one of our favorites parks although the sites are dirt and not gravel like advertised. This park offers lots of hiking trails along with equestrian trails and camping. We did not visit the caverns on this trip as we have done so in the past. I would highly recommend seeing the caves if you have not. The park was quite full when we made our reservation 2 weeks out. The sites are spacious and clean. The best news...they have sewer hookups! We will be back. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $1.00

Due to Hurricane Irma hitting my local area, as an evacuee I was forced out of Florida but on the way back stopped at this state park for free. Governor Rick Scott announced that all state parks were giving free entrance and overnight stays to evacuees of Florida. This park has the nicest people in the office (where you make your reservations or check-in). When I arrived at my site #6, it was difficult for me to back in so I recruited assistance from the Camp Host and the man he was speaking with. After 2 hours, I was backed in, set up, and relaxing with my trusted companion furbaby in the air conditioning. There were also Camp Hosts in training there. Everyone I came in contact with was very helpful, happy, friendly and professional. The park is VERY clean! Oh what a great time I had. The sites are all level with gravel and 2 handicapped sites have a concrete pad. I was excited to hear that this state park had water, electric and SEWER on each site! There is a washer and dryer on the outside of the bath house. I would recommend Florida Caverns State Park to everyone! I loved it and will go back! We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Spacious, Nearby

I went on the ADA cavern tour with tour guides Brooke and Robinson. There are stores with in 10 minutes away after leaving the park. Grocery Outlet has really good meat and low low prices. I was thrilled. There is a Domino's in town and a few gas stations. Bring mosquito repellant!

R&S

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $10.00

Rate is Florida Senior without the Reserve America Fee. The road through the campground is paved, but sites are packed sand & limestone. We were backed up to a swamp. There were 2 campground hosts, which is such a plus! Bathrooms/showers were kept very clean. I think they were getting ready to pave the main road, which would be a big plus! The swimming area is closed with alligator warnings. The caverns are a must see. We liked it here and would return. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $29.00

We had full hookups and enjoyed our stay. The park was very nice, clean, and the camp hosts were very friendly. Caverns were cool. The campground was quiet when we were there. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Motorhome.

The local area has some neat places to civet. Worth the trip. Oh they have a night time trip through caverns to.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $11.00

This is a beautiful park set in deep forest far from any noise of civilization. The campsites are spacious with a wide treed space between them. The utilities were in good working order. Our site was a full hookup site, site #6. The park is very well maintained. There are many easy walking trails throughout the park. The main attraction is the cavern. We did not go into the cavern. Tours only run Thursday through Monday. We have been in many caverns so that wasn't a concern for us. We love state park atmosphere. That is why we stayed there. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Sand

If you want to tour the cavern be sure not to go on Tuesday or Wednesday. The tour is closed those days.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $20.00

Very large space - very comfortable campground. 2 Washer and dryers - not to0 expensive. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Travel Trailer.

By the bath house, there is a bat house. It is a perfect place to watch bats emerge right after dusk. Nice walking trails! Would totally stay again!

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $25.00

We really loved this park. It is just outside of the small town of Marianna which doesn't have much going on but the park itself is a gem. The sites are nicely spaced out, the bathrooms are clean, and there are tons of places to hike around the campsites. Some sites have full hookups which is great for a state park. Electricity was good and water had a good pressure. Dumpsters were a short walk away and easily accessible. We had a picnic table and fire ring at the site too. Verizon 4g was very spotty but enough to send email or conduct a Skype call - not enough to use Netflix or any streaming services. Sprint and ATT were nonexistent in terms of data and voice calls dropped often. In terms of laundry they only had 2 washers and 2 dryers but they seemed to be used little and worked really well. We camped at Florida Caverns State Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Don't miss the tour of the Florida caverns if you are here. The visitors center is a 5 min drive from the campground and you can tour the caverns which are up to 50 feet below ground. I believe that lighted tours are only available on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday because the lights in the cave cause mold to grow. However, they offer flashlight tours during the week which are super cool. You go with a group into the dark caverns and get a very personal tour!

Featured Campgrounds Near Florida Caverns State Park

Are you affiliated with Florida Caverns State Park ?