8.5 Excellent

Mayo, Florida

Mayo, Florida 32066

• Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Suwannee River Rendezvous" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

Nice campground, food shack had good food though a bit pricey. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Clean campground with fun activities. Large sites too, all the way around the campground. Road going into the campground was a bit bumpy, but once in the campground, all was level, spacious and well maintained. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $43.00

This is a rustic campground, and the owners have gone out of their way to make it charming with cute decorations. When you arrive, you should go to your pre-assigned site number rather than bringing your travel trailer to the office. The roads by the office are narrow, have room for one vehicle going in one direction, and have ragged edges. On the other hand, roads within the main campsite area are fine. There are a number of activities. We wanted to go kayaking, but you can't start after 3:00. There was a spring and a swimming pool. We didn't use the swimming pool; the spring was "refreshing" (a little on the cold side, but nice on a hot day). The free wifi was so slow as to be nonexistent. We were told they were having some problems with it when we arrived. I tried to purchase the "premium" wifi later in the evening, which you have to do from a pop up screen. I received a text message that my credit card received the charge, but I never received a password or got the service. When I last checked (the next day!) the charge was pending, so I wasn't technically charged. There was an email to contact if there were problems with the premium service, but that person didn't respond to two emails (and you have to write down the email when you register because it's difficult to get the pop up screen back to find it). There is pretty much zero T-mobile reception, though Verizon and AT & T seem to work. We had a wooden love seat bench and picnic table on the grass at our site. Restrooms were clean, and they have activities on the weekends. Activities include pigeon races and chicken poo bingo. They also have a little restaurant that is open on the weekends. We weren't there on a weekend and can't give any insight into these activities. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Tent Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my tent trailer and tow vehicle

DHK

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

First visit in a 30 ft Class-A motorhome. Plenty of pull-through and back-in sites. Very nice pool, laundry facilities, small workout room and individual shower/toilet "suites". They even provide a dog washing station! This is definitely a "destination" CG, off the beaten path if you will, but well worth it. The "hidden" part of the CG are the amenities: Momma's Kitchen, lodge, cabins, a 72 degree year-round spring and the Suwannee River canoe trips! The owners have done a remarkable job of rescuing the CG and personal touches are all around in the construction and efficiency. The CG gives great discounts all week long. We will camp here again for sure. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Motorhome.

Make sure you schedule a weekend. Grandma Susie's Cookin' isn't open during the week. Ever played "pigeon poo" bingo, how about pigeon racing? All on the weekends my friend.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

I stayed a month and loved it very much. A lot to do here right on the river and a bike path that never ends. Don't count on their Wifi at all and certain phone carriers don't work there at all which means your Hot Spot will not work. Beautiful pool, game room, laundry, and a all stainless steel dog wash. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Fifth Wheel.

122 I think
Concrete, Asphalt

Best Hamburger I ever had at Aunt Suzie's kitchen, and the most beautiful Banana Split I have ever seen.

Featured Campgrounds Near Suwannee River Rendezvous

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

Very out of the way, but we were in the area and spent Memorial Day weekend here. Safe and great place for families! Our site had a small pavilion and bench; was level and had nice landscaping. Did wash in a very efficient laundry with gas driers. There is a large dog park if you have a dog. The pool looked smallish for the size it f the park, but was always being used. The older section, down by the river, also has the registration and a small food concession. It appeared popular. The town of Mayo is small; the county of LaFayette is dry. People did bring their own beer but it was used discreetly. Verizon signal was excellent; cable very good; internet very good. We did have our kayak but did not want to pay for the shuttle. The current at the river by the Park was too strong to just go out and paddle. That was the only negative. If in the area we would stay again, but it is way off the beaten path so we probably would not be in the area. Our PA discount was for one night since it was a holiday weekend. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

What a beautiful campground. Clean, spacious and well taken care of. Beautiful views of the river and the spring was small but beautiful. This reminds me of old Florida when we stay here. They have Bingo on Friday and Saturday nights and few other activities that we didn't participate in, this time. Did not eat at their restaurant due to us having more than enough food with us this time. We will definitely be coming back to this resort. It was well cared for and the owners appear to be constantly adding more good things to it. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $20.00

Nice park on the Suwannee River. Older section well shaded along the river and new RV section is more open. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $21.00

This is a very nice park with friendly personnel and an on-site restaurant with good food selection. Our Dish satellite and Verizon internet worked well here. The only down side is that you must park at the top and walk down a long lane to register as there is no turn around at the bottom. They did bring us back to our rig in a golf cart which helped. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Fifth Wheel.

No diesel in the town of Mayo.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $20.00

Kind of far from I-10. My GPS had me driving the back way. The first part of the camp access road is sand. 10 mph speed so you don't kick up dust. The camp office is in the old section. Told to set up at a particular site and walk to the office to pay. Must be a boating/water mecca. Lots of campers in the new section. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand, Grass

Better get diesel fuel on the way in. Nearest station is 10 miles one way. Plus some of them close early.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $38.00

This is a very nice campground off the beaten path. We had a long pull through which easily fit our 45' motorhome and tow car without disconnecting. We enjoyed our walk down to the river, where we sat on their bench and watched the boat traffic. The pool looked inviting and clean although we didn't use it. There were not as many bugs as I would have expected for this area of Florida. Negatives are that the office is a hike from where you have to park your RV. They told us to be sure to enter at the sign that said rv's, but a gentleman was on a golf cart in front of the sign so I almost went too far. I was grossed out at the trash in our fire ring. There was a trash bin 40' from the fire ring. Why couldn't the folks have disposed of their trash in the bin?? We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Motorhome.

154 or 155

When the road turns to dirt the entrance is the last right hand turn in before the woods.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $43.00

The site itself was nice and big. They had a wooden swing and covered patio at each site. And that's about the only nice things I can say. We were supposed to stay a whole week and left the next morning after we arrived. Never been more disappointed with a place. We had called a week before to make sure about the internet since my husband works remotely. Since this place is in the middle of nowhere and the closest coffee shop was 30 min away, we needed to make sure they had working wifi. They said it worked great and also that there were no bugs (asked about that as well) Bugs were everywhere! So gross watching them crawl around a guys face as he stopped by to say hi. When we got there the layout was really confusing as to where the office was and if we were to drive there or park up above. Thankfully we didn't try to drive down to the office cause we would have gotten stuck. We ordered food from their food truck (thought that was cool to have onsite) They were completely out of hotdogs and the machine to make the iced chai was broken "and haven't had time to fix it." Took about 30 min to get our food (just 4 hamburgers and fries and no one was in front of us) As I was walking around I saw the gal who took our order outside smoking! Seriously?! Had to take a smoke break in the middle of making our food! Internet didn't work AT ALL. Our phones didn't even work. (we have t-mobile) supposably Verizon works great there otherwise it's a deadzone to everyone else. My husband tried to purchase the wifi and the website didn't even work to take the payment. At that point we were so irritated that we decided to leave the next morning. They refused to refund us!! Couldn't believe it. Never written a bad review before..this is my first one. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

Nice large sites!!! Staff and other campers were awesome and we cannot wait to go back!!!! Great family owned location, with a great staff... Sites are large and level, grounds are kept spotless and all sites have picnic table and Adirondack style bench, plus a fire ring! There are two sections to the park and the newer area is pretty wide open with little shade, as the vegetation/trees are young. The older or more establish area is well shaded, but would appear to be tight for rigs over 30 feet. Great pool area and bath facilities were immaculate. Friday night Bingo, Saturday afternoon pigeon races followed by chicken poop bingo. They also offer ping pong, horse shoes, corn hole and more... Thanks to all our new friends, the owners and staff. I have to give a Great Big Special thanks to the owner, for spending time with our 8-year-old daughter... She fell in love with all the birds especially the baby pigeon he allowed her to care for all weekend. She named "Boomerang," (because it was explained to her that the pigeons always come home!!!) He also took the time to tell her about the chickens and allowed her to gather the eggs whenever she wanted. On top of all that, they had a great clubhouse/meeting room, they are right on the river, there is access to a private spring and the restaurant food was good and selection was plentiful, with a 3 lb burger challenge. They also offer canoes with a shuttle service for day trips as well as hourly rentals. Since we started RV camping in the south east 4-5 years ago, this hands down was our favorite stop. We have several close seconds, but this one rises to the top. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $35.00

Very clean campground. Always doing work to improve older portion of Campground. Newer RV area added on to and improving on. Area we stayed in added new trees and shrubbery to improve ascetics. Very roomy sites- gravel pads surrounded by grass. Wide roads with easy maneuvering. Pool, hot tib and conversation pool. Clean showers and laundry rooms. Helpful and friendly staff. Met people from many states. Really enjoyed our stay. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Motorhome.

Road leading into park is dirt hard pan-interior roads are paved. Nice parking area to unload tow vehicle. Grocery store in Mayo has excellent meat and good prices for shopping. 40 minutes to nearest Walmart- Live Oak, Fl. Nice place to stay to see local Springs. Canoe, kayak rentals available. Scenic overlooks from rivers edge. Benches and swings placed at intervals. Playground for children. Food concession available Fri- Sat during winter season.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $20.00

Our second stop here while traveling to the panhandle of Florida. Very nice park with excellent service from the staff anytime we've called them. 50 amp, FHU pull-through site. Plenty of activities here with the river nearby etc. Would like to come back and stay longer in the future. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $40.00

Very clean and friendly. Plenty to do for the whole family. Lots of activities and an old school playground for the kids. Decent restaurant, nice pool. WiFi and cell service are both weak. We camped at Suwannee River Rendezvous in a Fifth Wheel.

Great fishing on the Suwannee River.

Featured Campgrounds Near Suwannee River Rendezvous

Are you affiliated with Suwannee River Rendezvous ?