Miami Everglades Resort

20675 SW 162nd Ave
Miami, Florida 33187

• Phone Phone yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Miami Everglades Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $54.00

This is a very nice RV resort - everything about it exceeded our expectations. I read previous reviews and in site 240 (and walking around the park and the treatment area) and there are no smells. Sites are spacious and the amenities are excellent. Sites are on grassy areas, so you need to work a bit to level the unit. There was a huge brown spot of dead grass (just outside the door by patio) where somebody had a 10x10 mat out for an extended period, so we simply covered it with our own mat - of course, green grass would have been nicer, but the rest of the site has beautiful, lush green grass. Most of the roadways are paved, with a few that are gravel. Lovely mile long paved bike/walking path surrounds the park. The park is in a suburban/rural area surrounded by nurseries. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

If you like bike riding we drove in and parked at Matheson Hammock Park in Coral Gables and rode the Old Cutler Road trail up through Coconut Grove (where it becomes the Commodore Trail) and then out over the Powell Bridge and Rickenbacker Causeway to Key Biscayne - 32 miles RT, and beautiful! If you prefer more nature, go west to the Shark Valley bike trail - 15 miles RT through the Everglades.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $70.00

This is another Thousand Trails/Encore park that seeks to pack as many as possible into their "resort" experience. It was better maintained, and easier to navigate with its angled parking, than the Winter Quarters Pasco Resort that I reviewed earlier. It too catered to monthly and seasonal residents, and sought to provide a warm winter community. For me its primary charm was that it provided ready access to the Everglades. But I won't come back! What makes this campground, and all Thousand Trails/Encore parks, unacceptable to me from now on, is the failure of their reservation policy. TT promises to provide hundreds of parks, wherever you want, either free or heavily discounted with your Zone Pass. I purchased said pass and used it to pay for my stay at LaConner RV Park, and I intended to use it again in Florida, both in Miama and in the Keys. However, they don't let you make reservations in their parks before sixty days in advance. What they don't tell you is that the parks are making reservations outside the system much earlier than that, and that in high demand places like Florida in the winter, there will be no discounted sites left when their window opens. I was able to get into Miami Everglades only by paying the high, non-discounted price. I find this truly Trumpian practice appalling, and never will I fall for it again. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $66.00

Very nice place and people. No junky permanents. It's in the agricultural area West of Miami. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

I do not remember

Go to Phil's Berry Farm for great strawberry milkshakes and smoothies. better than shakes at Knaus. Knaus Berry Farm has lettuce for $1.75 per large bag.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $66.00

Grass and dirt.. tree roots so we had to maneuver the RV so that we could level the coach. Trees could be trimmed up so you can get your slides out without touching them. Really close to your neighbors.. but in Florida a lot of sites are close. Would go to the all grass sites next time. No tree roots there. They charge you a Resort fee for each day you are there but, wifi you have to buy each day you are there... not free at your site.. my thoughts are if you are paying a extra Resort fee then wifi should be included... you can go to the deck where u can login. That's where it's free. nice pool and hot tub. Nice prickleball courts and put put course. Interior roads need some repair. Then there is car & trucks parked on both side of the roads can be a little tricky driving thru to get to your sites with a tow dolly and car. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Get your groceries before you go. Stores are a drive.

Featured Campgrounds Near Miami Everglades Resort

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $60.00

Sites are close together. No sewer smell as previously noted. Quiet. I had a bathroom emergency in which a staff person called the troops because the bathroom was "closed for cleaning" even though it was empty. Later I was confronted like a trouble maker over uncleaned dog droppings which may or may not have been from my dog. I was asked to leave but staff gave me "one more chance" when I asked for a refund. Overall staff were rigid, rude and discourteous. Many sites were long term campers who I felt were unfriendly towards outsiders intruding on their campground. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $55.00

Noise rules are not enforced and the sewer smell is nauseating. Good points are people are nice and bathrooms are clean. I would not stay here again. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $70.00

Do Not Stay Here on a weekend or ever. No rules are enforced. It is now 1 am and music is blasting and people are partying and no one from campground will do a thing. Even during day no rules are followed. People smoke where it is clearly posted not to and people bring their pets into the pool area where they freely urinate. The guide brought me down two wrong rows (both dead ends) before he could find my site. The sewage treatment plant has an overwhelming smell. There is an added recreation fee of $4 a night added on to everyone even if you are just using the place to sleep which you can't do because of noise. Laundry has a special fee you pay before you can pay to use machines. Can I say any more? We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $65.00

We parked in this camp and decided to leave after the first night. The smell of the sewer was evident all night long. Plus, the sites are only about ten feet apart. Overpriced for sure and smelly too. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $66.00

For the price, I expected much more. The sites are unpaved, uneven, and not very spacious. We were nestled tightly between two large trees and I couldn't even put out my awning. We were next two a trailer that appeared to be there for years and not very well maintained to include the grounds. This place is pretty far away from anything outside of the park including bike riding, beaches, etc. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

The smell of the sewage system by the office is unbearable. If you stay here, whatever you do, don't stay near the office.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $50.00

This is a beautiful park with excellent amenities; resort style pool, mini golf, and beautiful setting in an old avocado grove. Highly recommended. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

Location is convenient for day trip to Miami, Everglades, or the northern Keys.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $75.00

Despite visiting the resort one month prior to my arrival and planning my reservation for an RV site to accommodate a 45' motorhome and cabin reservation for handicap parents nearby my RV site, I arrived to find that my reservation was changed for another visitor. The receptionist remembered me from the month prior, but stated that "someone changed it" and had no resolution to my problem, despite having already paid half the fee as deposit. As for the cabin accommodations, (number 7), it was dusty and smelled of mold, visible on the air conditioner. A sign on the wall prohibited the Windows from being opened, making the musty smell unbearable. As for the staff, they were "hot and cold" with regard to service. I tried to make a purchase in the camp store, and the receptionist stared at me stating she hadn't been to the bank and couldn't give me change...which became my problem not hers. As for the RV site I was given, lot was small. My picnic table straddled the neighbors sewer pipe...a delight for picnics! As for the leisure facilities, there were ample activities. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

45 minute drive to Miami.

Kaz

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $60.00

Our experience here was very good (hence the "8") rating, and our site (#257) was just fine, but a few cautions are in order. First, as noted, there's an on-site wastewater treatment plant and an adjacent set of dumpsters, and one or both of those features produced a noticeable aroma from time to time. Second, some of the sites seemed to be more dirt than grass and after a heavy rain (there was a torrential downpour right before we arrived) were pretty muddy, although management quickly spread out straw and/or gravel to mitigate the effect until the water drained. It looked like only a small fraction of the sites would be affected in either respect. Subject to those qualifications, the place is fine and we're already making reservations to go back next year. The facilities are good, we found the staff to be friendly and helpful, the clientele is upscale and interesting, and there are lots of activities, such as a very nice pool (one of the best we saw), miniature golf, shuffleboard, pickleball, and a biking/jogging path around the campground. We particularly enjoyed one of the regular pot-luck suppers. Plus, the campground is tolerably close (about 30 minutes) both to activities for nature lovers (the Everglades, Big Cyprus, and Biscayne) and for the citified, high life alternatives of Miami and South Beach. We were told that a nearby public golf course is one of the most reasonably priced in the area. A Walmart and a variety of restaurants are within a few minutes. Except for when a diesel-powered irrigation system went off for a few minutes on an adjacent nursery, the resort is quite quiet. Our site was level enough to work without undue effort and the hook-ups, although somewhat oddly configured, were perfectly usable without jury rigging. We look forward to going back. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

Lots to do in the area, both for nature lovers and city lovers. For us, the Everglades was a highlight, and we particularly enjoyed a ranger-guided canoe trip through the mangroves. The "back country" boat tour from Flamingo was also good. The Biscayne visitor center is one of the best we've ever seen, worth a trip even without a trip to Biscayne Key itself. We didn't have a chance to do the Shark River tram tour or the "wet walk" through Big Cypress, but plan on doing both on our next trip.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $66.00

This is a large and very busy RV park with lots of trees and many, many amenities, designed for long stays. We stayed a relatively short 6 days @ $66/day. The site was grass and sand and good sized, good hookups (electric, water, sewage, cable), picnic table but no grill or fire pit. Everyone was friendly; the office staff was busy but mostly helpful. You need a chip-card ($5 deposit) from the office to use the laundry; $1.50 for a wash, $1.50 to dry. We did not use the mini-golf, pickle ball, shuffleboard or any other games, so not sure what the routine is, but it likely involves the office too. The walking/biking loop (0.9 miles) around the park is nice. WiFi is a separate charge by "Stream" ($15 for 1 week) and was hit or miss, quite frustrating, even though I have a powerful external WiFi antenna. Our Karma and Verizon worked fine. We were right by the office, and as I said it was busy! RVs, toads and golf-carts, people walking dogs, going to/from laundry, dumpsters, etc. all day long. Only twice smelled the effluent from their treatment plant, so not too bad, but I'd recommend trying for a site well away from the office/games/dumpster/laundry/treatment plant area. Heavy rain one day resulted in only a little bit of standing water, so not bad. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Motorhome.

Sand, Grass

While this RV park is "out in the country", surrounded for several miles on each side by farms (avocado, palm, etc.), I still consider it to be fairly easy to get to most stores/restaurants as needed, mainly in Homestead. We were 30 minutes from Biscayne Natl Park Visitors center, and also visited the nearby Everglades National Park... all the way down to Flamingo Visitor Center and a great 2-hour inland boat tour... highly recommended (take tons of DEET-based repellent).

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $63.00

We stayed here while visiting the everglades. The facilities were very good and the staff very friendly. The pool and Hot Tub were very good during our stay. The site was all grass but the hook ups were very good. The campground was very busy but we found all guests to be very friendly. Although the streets are very narrow we were able to maneuver through the campground easily. We were guided to our site and assisted in parking. We would stay here again if passing through. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $69.00

Stayed over Christmas. Park was reasonably full with lots of activities such as volleyball which made for a good atmosphere. There is plenty of space here and the mini golf is high quality. Two shuffleboard areas are available as well as volleyball, basketball and tennis. Good value for the holiday season I thought. Reasonable pitches, all grass. We camped at Miami Everglades Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

We visited the Flamingo visitor center and saw manatees

Featured Campgrounds Near Miami Everglades Resort

Are you affiliated with Miami Everglades Resort ?