Milton / Gulf Pines KOA

Latitude: 30.62032

• Phone Phone yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Milton / Gulf Pines KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

Nice clean campground. Long pullthrough. Good water pressure and WiFi. Originally had an issue with 50 amp service but was resolved quickly. Very nice staff. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

E04

We used this as an overnight stop. Easy on and off of I-10. Would stay here again.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $63.00

The front desk personnel were pleasant, professional and eager to accommodate requests. Our escort was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and helpful. The park is very conveniently located off the highway. All of the sites need some serious attention. Many if not most are dirt/grass. The gravel sites are in desperate need of at lease another 6 to 8 inches of gravel or raised in some manner. When it rains, the sites hold water. The sites are very over priced considering their condition. $62.72 with tax. They don't accept any typical discounts such as AARP or Good Sams. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Motorhome.

D-11
Gravel, Dirt, Grass
Fire Ring

No noteable local attractions to warrant the $62 price.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $56.00

Typical KOA. We have stayed here many times as is very convenient to I-10 and good for over night stays but is not a destination park(long drive to beaches). Roads are asphalt but sites are level grass/rock with picnic table on a concrete pad. Sites are long pull thoughs and reasonable spacious. Most of park is open with no trees so were able to get satellite. Some of the permanent RV'ers sites were not very attractive. WiFi was OK. Exiting park to get back on I-10 is not very convenient. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Motorhome.

C5

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $56.00

Just stayed here for a quick overnight stay. Sights are long, level, grassy but well drained. Park is full and we were fortunate to reserve one of the last two spots. Excellent camp store. The night we arrived they were having a community dinner and they have a continental breakfast daily. Pool was open. Very interesting that they have an inflatable surround for the pool. It resembled an inflatable Quonset hut. Plenty of trees, plenty of room. VERY close to interstate 10. Even three rows in and with a very well insulated RV the road noise was...well...noisy. Hence, my overall rating of 7. Note that you are 20-30 miles away from those sugar-sand beaches. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C18

Featured Campgrounds Near Milton / Gulf Pines KOA

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

Hurricane Irma evacuation. Easy to access in from I-10; more difficult to get back on to I-10. Pull through sites are easy to enter and exit. A really pleasant place to stay. All necessary amenities are easily accessible in nearby Milton; Piggly Wiggly located just across the road from park entrance. Outstanding staff, great store. Very clean and modern restrooms and showers. Continental breakfast provided. Pet friendly with 2 dog limit (waived for Irma evacuees). We would stay here whenever we visit this area. Very enjoyable stay. Great place, great staff. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Mini Golf, live entertainment, clubhouse area, pool, great store with RV items, canned goods, firewood, etc. Milton is good sized town with all regular amenities. Near National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola, FL.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $61.00

I generally don't stay at parks that don't have concrete or at least gravel pads. But we needed an overnight stay in the area. I will never stay here again. They put me on a site that was totally dirt - no grass or gravel. There were plenty of other sites that were not so dirty, so there was no reason why they should even rent this site to anyone. At $61/night, this is the worst value of any park I've every stayed at. Just keep driving and find a nicer place. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

D-1
Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $62.00

We stayed at this campground several years ago on route to our destination. We travel with 5 small dogs (who are obedience trained), and usually stay at KOA's, since they are very pet friendly. When I called the Milton KOA office to reserve a site for the night, the man took our information to make the reservation. When he asked about any pets, I told him we had the dogs, he then put me on hold for several minutes. He came back to the phone and said we couldn't stay there! When I asked why, he said b/c of the dogs. I told him we had stayed there before without any problem, and he replied the park has new ownership, and now enforces a 2 dog limit. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $51.00

Stayed here many times. Above average KOA with typical KOA amenities. Convenient to I-10, reasonably close to Milton(5 miles), to Pensacola(20 miles) and to beaches (15 -25 miles). Paved roads and long level spacious grass/gravel 50 amp FHU pull through sites. Some trees/palms but most sites can access satellite. Cable available. WiFi OK. Sites have picnic table on concrete pad. Premium sites available. Staff very friendly. Escort to site. Free continental breakfast. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Motorhome.

C8

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $51.00

We've stayed here 3 x now. They are always real friendly, park spaces are great in length, never have to unhook. We have a big rig and its always a little tricky to bob and weave to turn the corner and then immediately into a spot. I would have rated it higher if they'd spread campers out a little. Everyone is packed into the first 3 rows, right up next to each other when there's 3 rows nearly empty across from us.

Their map shows deluxe sites, but we've never seen them nor heard anything about them. With a big rig, we're always more comfortable in the biggest spot available. We will stay here again, next time I'll inquire about the bigger (wider) spots. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C2

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $51.00

We stayed here one night and have stayed at Gulf Pines KOA numerous times in the past 5 years. Our RV site was long enough for our coach and tow car. However, new management? has added sand to the site, maybe to help with grass conditions when it rains. The sand was very difficult to keep off shoes, dog's feet and carpet. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Motorhome.

D3

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $52.00

The campground is nice but the showers and restrooms were not clean and for this size not enough available. Our sides was very dusty but with grass on each side. The wifi doesn't work but the Verizon signal was strong enough so we used our cell phone as a hot spot. Each side have a concert patio, picnic table and a fire ring, the pool area is also pretty nice. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Motorhome.

D2
Dirt, Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $61.00

Stopped here for one night. We were escorted to our site. Sites are long and grassy. There is quite a bit of road noise early in the evening. A nice surprise was the complementary breakfasts offered. Biscuits and sausage gravy, breakfast burrito, bagel, waffle, cereal all prepared by one of the kamp hosts. Leaving the park is a little tricky as there is no left turn. You can turn right and in @ 1/4 mile there i a left turn lane. Some rigs might be able to do a u-turn. There is also a truck stop where we were able to turn around. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Motorhome.

D19
Sand, Grass

CamperSupport, employee at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA responded to this review

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad you enjoyed your overnight with us including your campsite and our breakfast that we offer. We also appreciate the tip about leaving the park; it's sure to help potential future guests. We hope to see you again sometime!

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $51.00

This is a nice campground. Some of the sites are concrete/gravel, with patios. Some sites are grass. All seem to be level. There is a year-round heated pool, a nice playground, free breakfast for short-stayers, a nice walking trail, plenty of lighting at night, easily navigated roads, a rec room, mini golf, etc. Pretty much anything you'd want in a campground. There are plenty of things to do in the area, the beaches are close, and I-10 is easily accessible. The staff is nice and helpful. We really like staying here and have more reservations to come back. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

If heading south, when leaving, instead of attempting a u-turn, pull into the Exxon with a truck stop in the back (behind waffle house). You can pull through and then just make a right turn to get to I-10 and other points to the south.

CamperSupport, employee at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA responded to this review

Thanks so much for camping with us, Ben! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our free breakfast, your campsite, our amenities, and our local area as well. We appreciate the kind review and look forward to seeing you again next time.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $50.00

When we arrived we had trouble getting the cable to work. We were told the fault was our television. They tried to get it to work and it did for five minutes and then my screen gave me a message it was "scrambling", then turned blue and I could no longer use my TV. My TV was wrecked. They said it was Mediacom's not theirs. If they had wanted me I wouldn't have hooked up at all. I checked out the swimming pool and the sign said the pool was opened until 9:00pm. It was exceptionally hot and muggy so we left to go for a swim at 7:00pm. We were very rudely told that the pool closed at 6:00pm for winter hours. There was no information about this winter hours on the papers we were given or on the pamphlet. Again, we were made to feel like it was our fault and we were being stupid and unreasonable for somehow not knowing that the sign on the pool was wrong and there was another sign somewhere that said it was closed early. Our site was awful, sand and full of fire ants. I got bitten several times while setting up. To add insult to injury the fee of $55 ($5 tax) was the highest I have ever had to pay for an overnight at a KOA. I am so disappointed. Absolute WORST KOA stay I have ever had. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Travel Trailer.

c9

CamperSupport, employee at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA responded to this review

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Judy. Please accept our sincere apologies that you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and will pass along your comments to our management team. We wish you all the best.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $51.00

We stayed on our way home from a trip West. Just a one nighter. The price was the highest we paid on a 2 month trip. $51 and that was suppose to be the military discount. Getting out and back on I 10 was a challenge in a 43 ft motor home and towing. You have to take a right and then a u turn or in the gas station to turn around. I've stayed here twice. I don't think I will do it again. The swimming pool was still not repaired and the putt putt was in terrible shape. Staff was nice and helpful, sites were long, didn't have to unhook but that's about all the good I could find. We camped at Milton / Gulf Pines KOA in a Motorhome.

Dont remember

No Others In Sight

Featured Campgrounds Near Milton / Gulf Pines KOA

Are you affiliated with Milton / Gulf Pines KOA ?