Collier-Seminole State Park

Recent Rate: $25 12/2013

Dave51

This is one of Florida's older state park campgrounds. Roads and sites are tight for larger RVs. Road is paved but sites are a mix of grass/old gravel and tend to get waterlogged after a rain. We stayed here for it's proximity to Naples and the lower cost compared to commercial campgrounds in the area. We would return for the same reasons. We stayed on site 112 which is one of the longer sites. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Motorhome.

snabo

Crowded campground with poor site definition; rotting trash in overflowing dumpsters smelled - don't get a site hear them! After rain, the sites were muddy and the shady, damp setting was perfect for mosquitoes so watch out for West Nile. We were told that renovations are coming, but don't quite know when. They are long overdue. This is a campground quite atypical for Florida and management would do well to look at other locations for guidance. We may reappraise after renovations are completed. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Motorhome.

User3319

The campground is fairly close to Naples, so it is quick to travel to town to eat, shop, or explore. The campground itself is a bit cramped. I was there over Thanksgiving and it was almost, if not completely full. I was in site #59 which was level, but a bit muddy from recent rain. The site was not wide enough to extend both my slide out and awning (due to trees). The roads are paved, and although not real wide, I had no trouble navigating a 28 footer throughout the campground. The staff helped out when I parked and was very helpful and friendly. Each site has a fire pit and bundles of wood are for sale for $5 and they will deliver the wood to your site. There was only a little noise from Tamiami Trail and quite a bit of noise from fellow campers until almost midnight. This was exacerbated by the proximity of the sites to one another. Plenty of kids were around, riding bikes, playing etc. Lots of space for kids to play in open areas and designated play areas. There is a boat ramp in the park for kayakers along with kayak rentals and fishing in the river. I broke camp at about 9:00 a.m. and there was no wait at the pump station. If you want serenity and seclusion, this is not the campground for you - at least during season. It seems to be well suited for families with children. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Teacher's Pet

Park is to close in March for most of next season for update of facilities. At present there are some very nice spots, but site 58 where we were was very tight for a 40' RV with 4 slides. Full hookup sites to be added as some sites will be eliminated and new power pedestals to correct some power problems. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Motorhome.

Red Wolf Deux

Not actually a bad place, but Loop 2 is crowded and a bit noisy for a state park. Sites are very close together. Loop one, for smaller vehicles, is much more cozy and quiet. There are hiking/biking trails just outside the park. The most outstanding feature is the Royal Palm trees in this park. They are beautiful and worth the drive. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Motorhome.

judy_online

I really disliked this place. It is an older park, built when most people tented or used much smaller trailers or RVs. Other than a few sites, sites were very small and you practically touched your neighbors. Because I do not have a towed vehicle, I have to go out and in every couple of days, and it was very difficult because of tight spaces and lots of trees in the wrong places. I helped one guy thread his 14' trailer in between trees with only a foot on either side and in the back! Even the dump station was tight. Sites were also dirt and poorly marked. Hard to figure out where your site started and next one ended. My site had trees on both sides and a large overhanging branch, so I had to have help backing in almost every time. I also was on a corner, so I had a space beside/behind me with a popup about 6 feet from the back of my motorhome. Luckily the site next to me (#72) was mostly empty--mainly because it was rated as so small and had a drainage grate on it that was recessed, making it almost impossible to get into. I watched one trailer almost tip over as it was backed into this site because of the recessed drain. Being in the woods was nice for shade, but satellites did not work and it was very buggy. A lot of smaller trailers and families in tents, but I would NOT recommend this for anything longer than 25 feet, if that. This is a park where I keep hearing rumors about their removing some of the smaller spaces and many of the Saba palm trees that make it so hard to get in and out, but nothing seems to have been done or is in the works. I will not stay here again, and in fact, left one day early, having paid for day with no refund possible. Just could not stand the thought of having to get back in again. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Motorhome.

User2850

Not my favorite park. The park itself is nice enough: clean, quiet, nice restrooms/showers. Lots of royal palms. LOTS of mosquitoes - so many bugs that the park has a large, screened common room. With that said, it does border a large swamp/marsh area, so those things are to be expected. I just didn't expect them. My bad. It also rained so much just prior to our arrival that many/most sites were underwater, and the day we check out the dump station backed up and overflowed so that we had to move without emptying our tanks. Though shaded, there is nothing taller than grass (except the tall palms and oaks) between sites. One can see from one end of the campground to the other at eye level. The back sites along Hwy.93 (I think) toward Naples are noisy from traffic. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Travel Trailer.

FLladydoc

Due to locale near Everglades and technically in a swamp, mosquitos were unbearable. I can not imagine tent camping here. 30 Amp service not reliable on high use weekend. Our electrical protection system kicked in luckily and saved our system. Good location for accessing Everglades of course. Need a boat or a toad because there really isn't anything to do in the park. Seeing the dredge machine and the reproduction old Post was neat. Playground was sad. Potholes were water filled but able to manage them and the turns with our 34 foot RV. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Motorhome.

TheSchweitzers

The site we got had a very soft and unlevel underground. It was also very tight and very close to the neighbor. The hookups were far in the muddy back. The place was very quiet. Value for money is just ok. This park is not really big rig friendly. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Rick & Carol

Another very nice Florida State Park. Most of the sites are close together. The roads are a little narrow but we managed to maneuver our 40' motorhome through the campground. There is a small playground, hiking trails and a boat launch within the park. We will definitely visit the park again. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Motorhome.

FL Camper

We were in site #59. Site had e/w with a picnic table and fire ring/grill combo. Site was grass with dirt. Most sites are very close together unless you book from 109-120. They seemed to have more side room but most sites are not very deep. This park was built when RV's were small. The playground in the camping area consisted of a metal monkey bar and 4 regular swings (no baby ones). There was only 1 pull through in entire park- site # 89. It was also directly on the road. The feeling I got as I pulled into the camping area was an old RV park where you could stand at the side of your RV put your arms out and touch the RV next to you. Park had a good vibe when we were there though. Pretty quiet except for the host in #77 who liked to play very bad music very loud in the afternoon but not late at night. This is a place where if you have a loud voice they will be able to hear you 10 sites over because you are so close. Did I mention how close you are? Rangers at check in were not familiar with computer. I think only one was a real ranger and could use it, so it took about 15 minutes to check in. I had to ask about everything since we had never been to this park before. I thought after I was asked if it was my first visit they would be forthcoming with info on things to do, ranger programs, etc., but they were not. Again only one ranger seemed to know anything, and he was busy checking in campers. Bath houses were old and need refurbished badly, but there were 3. Dump station was awful. It is 2 sided but cannot be used that way if a large RV is in it because of the way they need to pull in. I had to stand at the other end and tell people that we were waiting to use it or we would never had been able to dump when we left because of the turning radius we needed to have to get near the dump area. There is a nice dredge that was used to make the Tamiami Trail and a small interpretive center that is being worked on in an old fort type building and a short nature trail with a boardwalk in the park. Our favorite part was the Friday and Saturday ice cream parties in the screened in clubhouse. On Friday they had a guitar player for entertainment and Saturday there was a ranger talk on invasive species. The playground area in the picnic area is newer and has more pieces to it. The Coke machines do not take dollar bills no matter what they say. The ranger at the office confirmed that, but they won't put a note on them to tell people that. This is a great location for accessing Big Cypress Preserve which we did. We rode our bikes through Shark Valley which was a treat with so many gators and birds to see. We booked this park because we knew we would be there in January, and it does get cold even in South Florida so we wanted electricity. If I was to visit the area again I would stay at one of the national park camping sites because they had lots of room and are cheaper. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Motorhome.

AKR1947

We stayed here a year ago for 3 days and decided of all the state parks in Florida, this one is our least favorite. We wanted to come to the Naples area, so decided to try again. We were told they were going to redo the park. Some people told us the re-do is in process; it isn't. The sites are extremely crowded. Trees that should be removed to make access to the sites are still in the way. They have 3 buildings with restrooms/showers, all very old. There are missing light bulbs, missing shower curtains, and little room to hang or set things. I realize that they are waiting for a re-do, but in the meantime, keep what you have in working order until the State decides to renovate. The park is in a wonderful location; close to so much this part of the state has to offer. But in it's current condition, it is an embarrassment to the state of Florida. A beautiful area that could be so much more. Will we return? Maybe, but if we do we'll bring light bulbs. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Travel Trailer.

jeneric

After reading the negative reviews of this park on this site, we almost canceled our reservations. Sure glad we didn't! Overall, we really liked this park, and enjoyed three lovely days here. Yes, the restrooms could use an upgrade, and there's not loads of space between sites. But there was plenty of room for our rig (a 19' travel trailer). There are a few spaces for big RVs, but the park clearly mostly caters to tent campers and small travel trailers. It also seems to draw a lot of foreign visitors; we enjoyed meeting fellow campers from Quebec and Columbia, and also heard German and Japanese spoken. We particularly liked the location of the park. It's a great jumping-off point for exploring the Everglades (with the HQ of Everglades National Park about 15 miles away), Ten Thousand Islands National Wildlife Refuge, and the city of Naples. Of course, we visited in winter, so no mosquitoes. But really, what do people expect when they visit the Everglades in mid-summer?! We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Bastion

We stayed here during Spring Break, and there were many vacant spots. The campground is nicely treed, but many of the sites are narrow making a Big Rig a challenge to avoid trees. We arrived after a good deal of rain, and some of the sites were muddy. The camp hosts were terrific and very helpful. We would camp here again. We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Motorhome.

qndenile

This is an older campground. The campsites are quite close together but tolerable because of the shade and vegetation. The ground is damp; be prepared for some mud. The bathhouses are dated and need renovation.There are no sewer hookups which tends to force campers to use the facilities. The campground was full, and I think that the bathhouses were quite heavily used; therefore could use more frequent sanitation intervention. Additionally, because of it's location, be prepared for mosquitoes. That being said, I enjoyed the campground for it's proximity to Marco Island and the beaches there. The campground offers an array of activities and has, again dated, a nice screened in community room to house some of their events. There were oodles of kids in this campground and all seemed to be having a blast. The campground was peaceful and quiet at night. The staff was helpful, professional, and courteous. There was a photo of panther cubs on the office wall. I commented as to how beautiful they were; the ranger told me the whole story. He took the time to envelope me with the work done with the panthers: I was amazed at what they do!! We camped at Collier-Seminole State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Club Naples RV Resort

Crystal Lake RV Resort

Naples, Florida

Are you affiliated with Collier-Seminole State Park?