Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park

Recent Rate: $38 6/2016

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $38.00

1) They have a limited amount of 50 amp hookups. This is an issue in June in Florida. Made a reservation for 50 amp to find they did not have any. I had to find my own 50 amp site in the resident section and had to pull in backwards/opposite of the way it was designed to make it work. So as a result I did not have sewage connection. If I had pulled in the "correct" way there would have been a drainage ditch outside the door to step into, so that did not make sense either.

2) They were willing to cancel our reservation and give a full refund when we checked in because of no 50 Amp site would fit us but because it was late in the day we made it work and stayed for 3 nights, but then we decided to move on once my tanks filled and I had to pack up anyway. It took more complaining and calling management than it should have to get us out of the reservation early. We just wanted to leave but they did not want to cancel the reservation (we had 3 more nights) but I felt that we had put in a good effort to make it work and wanted to vacation and not work!

3) I think they are putting out a good effort overall with a heated pool and activities on site. However it is a park in which many people live full/part time with a lot of rigs stored for the summer and you have that element to deal with. The shower said no hot water until "Thursday" and it was Friday (?) but I had hot water for the shower. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Motorhome.

34-48-64
Not big enough for my motorhome

Close to New Smyrna Beach to drive on the sand and old town.

Easy to get to from I-95

Large older park

Has great potential with updating of the infrastructure.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $1.00

Older "woman" at the front desk of this park is about the most unfriendly person I've ever come across in my eight years of RV-ing. The pool looks dated, the sites are stacked on top of each other and the area around the park is rundown. The place was packed with snowbirds, so she not so politely told me there were no available spots for my stay. In the end what a blessing because the park is a dump. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Sand, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $43.00

This was our 1st trip in our 1st RV. We were down for Bike Week in neighboring Daytona Beach. Check in was a breeze. Staff was very nice and gave us a great spot near the entrance. Easy pull in and out. After parking and disconnecting the truck, we noticed we couldn't use our awning because of a tree so close to us. It's rather tight but I could have been more attentive during setup. The park was very quiet at night which was nice. The only thing I didn't care for was that we were not allowed to keep our Harley at our site. They do this to keep the noise down at night but I had to go buy a cover to keep the dirt off my bike in their "bike corral" Leaving my $30,000 bike in an open corral was not making me sleep well despite having security on duty. Other than that, we would recommend this campground. If we go back down that way we would most certainly stay there again. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $28.00

Previous comments still valid. With a big rig it is a test of driving skills to maneuver through the park. Roads/sites are crushed shell and sand so when it rains it gets messy. Shade is overly abundant. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. 50 amps is not everywhere. Really a great place to feel dug in and relaxing. Very easy access to local stores/restaurants. I would return. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $30.00

Stayed 4 months -nice area to walk/jog/ride bike. Swimming pool only heated in summer, so don't plan on using it in winter. Wi-Fi is spotty and extremely slow, they have a contract that prevents getting modem from another company; cable TV is only 21 channels most useless beyond main 3 and PBS. Park is quiet, lots of trees. Showers clean, wish they had a bench in the dressing area. Most staff very friendly and helpful. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $35.00

The good- gated park, nice and shady; has lots of open area to walk around, close to Wal-Mart, grocery store and Home Depot (2 minutes travel time). Staff very friendly and helpful, bathrooms very clean, has "heated" pool, Wi-Fi, close to beach and Datona, etc. Activities planned most nights, has a game room and TV room. The sites, like most parks were built before the very large RV's and slide-outs so some are tight, some are not. People in park are quiet. The bad- Heated pool is solar so water is cold in the winter (thought I would swim here), Wi-Fi is extremely slow and their contract prevents me from having a different provider; the cable channels are few (21) most not to my taste (just leaves me with the big 3 and PBS) and PBS sound cuts off for a sec. every 5-20 seconds. The water pressure is low here and is best to use RV pump but that didn't bother me. Overall, I would recommend this park and area if you are looking for a quiet park and small city. Would have rated it a 10 if the Wi-Fi actually worked better; everyone with a computer has same complaint so it isn't my computer. PS -I'm paying monthly rate and guessed at nightly since this site insisted a rate be listed. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $28.00

A very nice but older campground, with many permanent residences, all of which are in decent shape. Lots of oaks with hanging moss. Some sites and portions of the interior roads are very narrow, but overall the sites are adequate. The larger pull-through sites are near the pool and most are only 30 amp. Sites are shell rock and sand and mostly level. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Park has a small store and snack bar right off the pool area. Park has a large pool in the shape of Florida; shuffleboard courts are OK and the small playground is good. We used the park as base camp to go to the nearby beach, which is very lovely. Park has a large lake in back for fishing and a nice shopping center is close by. The shopping center is a nice bike ride through the woods and swamp from the park property. A nice place to relax as it was quiet in the evenings. This was our 2nd stay here and will return again. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2010 - $38.00

Last year we stayed at New Smyrna Beach Campground, which is next to this one. We were disappointed with this one as compared to last year's. The roads are curvy and lots of trees that will "whack" your camper if you are not careful. It has lots of permanents on site, that are not in the best of shape. The staff got our reservation kind of screwed up, but made it work. Not the best nor not the worst campground. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $30.00

What a nice park!! It's shady, quiet, and feels very secluded due to the trees/palms/shrubs between each site. There's a lovely path that goes back to a lake (no swimming there, though); and then on to a shopping mall/grocery store. They offer lots of activities for their campers. We really enjoyed our stay!! We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $15.00

Nice park lots of shade and friendly staff. Will return again. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $30.00

This campground seemed a little older, but we were very pleased with our 1 month stay here. The site we had was level and fit our 37.5 ft 5th wheel, 1 ton, and our single cab truck. Our only complaint is some of the staff could have been nicer. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2009 - $49.00

Felt more like a residential park as there were lots of permanents. The sites are very close together and I didn't have a good first impression after parking our RV. When I walked into my camper, I didn't realize I had stepped in dog poo and tracked it in. So that initially turned me off. The bathroom stalls felt claustrophobic and the woman's restroom had sprung a leak in the middle of the shower stalls. Water was everywhere and at one point I watched a woman get sprayed in the face with water because the sink knob was missing. We would not camp here again. We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2007 - $42.00

Sites are have shade, tight to back in to, roads dirt and very dusty. Campers and staff very friendly. Pool was dirty with green mold on the sides. No motorcycles allowed inside campground! We camped at Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Sugar Mill Ruins Travel Park?