Oakland Park, Florida

• Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $27.00

We always stay at Easterlin Park when we're in the area. The office staff is really nice and always helpful. The park is very clean, bathrooms, campsites, etc. The camp spaces are surrounded by trees and bushes, so that although you can still see your neighbors, there is still some privacy. Each space has a paved pad, picnic table and a grill. There is a pond with all kinds of birds hanging out there, lots of picnic areas and a nice children's playground. The park is close to grocery stores, Lowes and, most important, the Beach. I would give them the highest rating, except that they are in a very noisy location, with railroad tracks running right next to them. At night however, with the camper A/C running, you won't hear any of it. We really love this park. We've been staying with them on vacations since 1979. It's still the nice park it's always been. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Hey, it's South Florida. There's something for everyone. Great restaurants, Beaches, Malls, Lion Country Safari. And even a variety of kosher restaurants.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $30.00

This county park is situated in the middle of Fort Lauderdale. Our site was level and had full hookups, but the sewer was so far in the back of the lot that we would have needed two extra extensions to use it. However, each site appeared to have the sewer in different places so our site may have been an extreme example. Showers were old but pretty clean; however, bathrooms were dirty first thing in the morning. It looked like there were many long term campers in the park, with fencing around some and dogs in little fenced in areas at some sites. It was quiet except for the occasional train. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

B3

There is a hidden hiking trail that goes around the perimeter of the park.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $44.00

This was a very tight park to get parked in with a 36 ft fifth wheel. Had to ask neighbor to move their toad for us to back in. Trees were everywhere where turning and backing. Too tight for us to return to. Train tracks directly behind campground, hard to carry on a conversation if outside when train came by. Roads in and out of campground narrow and close trees. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

C09

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $40.00

We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at Easterlin Park Campground, except for the trains. The staff were excellent, we loved the fact that there were a ton of trees in the majority of the sites, and it was exceptionally quiet, except for the trains. Yes, as you have probably guessed, the park is next to commuter train tracks and, except for very late at night, the trains run from early morning to dark. Our plan was to stay for 2 nights, which we did, but any longer would have really affected my sleeping. If the CG was anywhere else, I would have given them all 10's. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

A05

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $30.00

I spent my first few weeks of motorhome ownership here, and it was excellent for my needs, being located close to the city. It's a well-kept park with helpful staff. The roads are tight, but I was able to navigate them in a 33 ft Class A on my first day driving it.

The higher-numbered spaces are closer to the railroad tracks, and mine was perhaps the closest of all. I generally enjoy being around the trains, but some would blast the horn right nearby. I slept with the window open one night and was awakened by the first commuter train in grand fashion.

The office received packages and called me when they arrived.

WiFi was a little spotty when I arrived, but as the park emptied through April, it became very good.

The discount for tri-county residents is being discontinued, so the new price ($40) is rather high for a public park. But it's an urban location in Florida. After May 1st, I believe the rate is lower. The winter dates fill up early.

It appears that a card access system is being installed, but I didn't ask. No charge for day visitors except on weekend daytimes, and then only $1.50. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

C13

Head east to US 1 for a full range of shopping/dining choices, plus Whole Food/Trader Joe's. Piola Italian restaurant on US 1 was a frequent stop when I lived nearby. I used Rainbow Laundry in Wilton Manors. It's a bit of a drive, but a nicer neighborhood.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $30.00

Pros: Beautiful park, nice level and landscaped. Great location, near many beaches

Cons: Some sites hard to maneuver into. Narrow tree lined streets, arrive in daytime. Adjacent to very noisy I-95. Frequent loud trains can at times create a rumble to be felt

A great base camp park for motor homes, fifth wheels and travel trailers with some sound proofing. Not so great for sitting around outside although I will say I got used to the trains during my 2 week stay. I slept fine, trains were much less frequent at night. I would go back. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

C13
Concrete, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Hoolywood beach, Biscayne Key, Everglades Park, highly recommend Jungle Queen tour boat.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $35.00

Yes, as others have noted, the noise of the trains and I-95 is a bit of an annoyance if you are outside. We didn't really notice the noise that much inside our motorhome. The narrow roads were more of a problem. I was scraping bushes going to my site and leaving. Unlike what others said, there was wifi at our site that was actually pretty good. Overall, this was a pleasant place to stay. The grounds were well maintained and very attractive. I would stay here again. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

B7

Beaches are within 30 minutes in several different directions. There is a lot of activity in Fort Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale caters to gay/lesbian/transexual clientele - that is according to their web site. I offer this with no comment, just to note it so some people do not get a surprise. Pompano Beach tends to be more family oriented. Hollywood Beach tends to be more upscale.

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $40.00

As the previous reviewer stated - noisy (trains and I-95). I will also add that the roads are very tight and some sites are almost impossible to get into with a Big Rig. Additionally, there is no WiFi (unlike some other Broward County Parks). Some of the sites (such as B12) have a sewer location that required 30 feet of hose! The restroom on the B road is rusted and badly in need of updating. The sites themselves are of a reasonable size and have asphalt. The utilities operated as they should and security seemed adequate. It is also the only campsite in the general area. We will not stay here again. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

B12

This park is close to quite a few Publix grocery stores and other shopping needs. Very quick access to I-95 (adds to noise level in park).

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $43.00

Beautiful setting but unfortunately the city has grown up around the park. Very noisy with freeway very close by and metro train near as well. If you could take away the noise it would be a real winner. Still, it is a well patrolled park with security and camp host on site and we enjoyed our stay. Bathrooms were okay. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2013 - $40.00

We stayed here while visiting my snowbird parents over the holidays. It is hard to find a good RV park in the Ft Lauderdale area, but this one met our needs. On the upside, it is close to everything in the Ft Lauderdale area. The grounds are clean and well maintained. The paved sites are private and large. Finally, the staff were excellent. The only negative was the age of the older bath house. It is well past its prime and, though clean, it is in poor repair. The new one is better, but still not to the standard of many private parks. Two observations. One, the trains. Yes, they are nearby. And they make noise, which peaks weekdays during rush hours, when the commuter trains are running. However, at night, with the windows closed and the a/c running, we found it no louder than a diesel dually or a Harley passing our site, which happens almost any night in almost any campground. It never woke us, and was a small price to pay for a great location. Second, because the campground is in a larger city park, with picnic areas, playgrounds, etc, it is open to the public during daylight hours. Security was never a problem, as staff are there all day, and there is a gate guard checking for campground passes at night. However, we did see several people clearly living in a couple of old vans, who spent the days in the picnic area. They never bothered us when we were camping, walking the dogs, or running. They kept to themselves. It was more sad than worrisome. Overall, this will be our go-to campground when we visit the area. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $30.00

This is one of Broward County's parks with RV campground spaces. It is very nice park, but I found the roads to be just wide enough for my 39' motorhome. On weekends the disc golf is extremely popular and parked cars make it even harder to maneuver. The park is clean and I found the staff very friendly, but I would not consider it big rig friendly. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $30.00

Nice Broward County Park close to everything, nothing wrong with the site and OK access for a 40 foot. Nighttime security and the park has the typical rec type stuff. Noise from the trains that run along the park can be heard ALL NIGHT LONG - I will not stay here again. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2012 - $40.00

All the past reviews are correct. Beautiful park setting. Daytime road noise was tolerable but the train noise at night was too much. Train traffic has increased in the past year. Not sure if one could get accustomed to it over a longer period but I would still come back for a short stay. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2012 - $40.00

Small park. Real nice setting but very tight getting in if you are in a big rig. Recommend removing toad at the office. Train wasn't really all that bad. Disc golf course on site. Nice small lake but you can't fish or boat on it. No cable or internet. You can get Internet if you go to the bathroom and the moon and stars are lined up correctly. Trees blocked satellite. Very aggressive security guard at night. We went out to dinner and he grilled us to get back into the park. The next night our adult son (who was driving the night before) went out with friends and got a hard time getting back into the park. Guard made us drive up to get him then showed up at our site with flashing lights to confirm he really was staying with us. Very unnecessary show of force. So if you plan on staying here keep that in mind. We probably would not come back here because of it. Understand the need for security but this was over the top. Our son is 32, clean cut and sober. Easy going. Not your average vagrant. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2012 - $40.00

This "in-town" camping and RV park is a credit to the community, offering spacious, clean sites, open or shaded with full hook-ups. Our site was near a canal. It was one of several back-in sites arranged like spokes in a wheel around a paved circle. Plenty of space was available near the campsites for parking towed or tow vehicles. There are also spacious pull-through sites on the campgrounds. Roads are paved. Covered pavilions with picnic tables and volleyball courts are spaced throughout the park. Clean restrooms and showers are provided for primitive campers who need them. Biking and hiking trails and a dog park are additional amenities that attract not only the resident campers but nearby public. We stayed there on Christmas eve and Christmas Day 2012 and would not hesitate to stay there again after our very positive experiences with the park and its staff. Highly recommended. We camped at Easterlin Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Easterlin Park Campground ?