Ocala Sun RV Resort

Ocala, Florida

2559 SW County Hwy 484
Ocala, Florida 34473

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Ocala Sun RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $38.00

We wanted to stay at this park for 6 months this coming winter from Nov. to May. We were given a chance to tour the park and it is a very nice and clean park. We were told to select 3-4 sites that we liked, put a deposit of $585 down [ not refundable ] and call back around September and they would give us a lot number but not necessarily one of our preferences. We declined and found another park that had favorable reservation policies that was better suited for our needs. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $48.00

Made reservations two months in advance for a pull-thru. Called a couple of days to verify; everything fine. Got there around 8 pm and they had given our spot to someone else. Had to unhook car; which we were not planning to do. Backing in was a tight, tight squeeze. Had to drive way into the cottage yard across from us to get in our spot. Were told wi-fi was out till the next morning. Sewer cover was sooo tight had to get a park employee bring a tool to open it; at least a foot deep hole there-dangerous at night. No picnic tables; no fire pits at the sites. No change machine at laundry; told it was at the OTHER laundry facility. That one was out of order. Drying clothes was $1.75 for one hour. HAD to pay that even if you only needed it for 30 minutes. We will never, ever stay here again. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Motorhome.

213-171

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $41.00

Park is under construction with gobs of new sites in the back. Maybe this is their excuse, but when I followed the cart to my site I was taken on a path with low hanging trees that scratched the coach roof. I was not a happy camper. I should have stopped right there and waited until the tree was trimmed, but I was too tired. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $41.00

We were in the grassy "transient" area for three days. Tail to Tail utilities, no pad, no picnic table, no tree; just an open field with campers fairly close in to each other. Park is fairly compacted with some park models, Fivers, Class As and travel trailers. Escorted to site by competent attendant. Not the parks fault, but I saw a couple very rude and offensive anti-dog signs. Maybe understandable, given how poorly some campers take care of their animals, but it left a bad taste in my mouth for this park. Ok for an overnight, but nothing special. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Drive West about 4 miles to Rt 200 for WalMart, Five Guys, Chili's, Ocala Medical Center. The Museum of Drag Racing is excellent and worth a visit if you are into motor sports of any kind. Very interesting. "Reds" restaurant about 5 miles south on Rt 200 past the Withlacootchee River was excellent and highly recommended for good old fashioned American cooking.

Featured Campgrounds Near Ocala Sun RV Resort

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $41.00

Park is well situated off I-75. Sites are long but extremely narrow. Has all the amenities anyone would want. OK for overnight stay, but would not be appealing to me as an extended stay park. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $33.00

We were parked in a big open field with full hook-ups. Our location did not have a patio or any kind of shrubs to separate the spaces. You were back to back and side to side, very narrow roads. Not very impressed with the set-up. Lots of permanent/snowbirds residents, rate reflects a week's stay. Cable and Wi-Fi worked well. We would stay again just for 1 or 2 nights. Really enjoyed Marion County Market, it is only open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Really fresh vegetables/fruits, good prices, very clean, and lots to choose from. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2012 - $20.00

The park is easy on/off I-75, but the smell of sewer ruined our stay. No matter where you are the park has several areas where sewer smell is very strong. Small pool available, but with no playground or things for the kids to do I would not stay here again. Even with a playground until sewer gets fixed not worth the money. The rate reflects approximate monthly rate. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2012 - $37.00

This was our third time here and each time has been worse. It started as a great place but has gone down. We called six moths ahead for a pull-through site and was told we could only get one for six nites as they would all be taken after that. We made res. for six nites and when we got there they put us in a pull through after we got set up they backed a camper in behind us, I questioned this and was told that I pulled through when I got there what more did I want. I went to the office and they looked around and said they could move me. I stayed there but had power and water problems due to to many hooked to the same line. I complained but to no avail. My last time here. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $40.00

Very friendy staff and a nice place. Has a nice pool. Easy access to I-75. The park is a big open grassy lot with no pads that seems typical to Florida. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2009 - $45.00

They had incomplete grounds. The staff was okay. I loved the facilities. I hated the rallies. There is lots of dog waste everywhere. There are some nice people. Someone stole our awning pole. Staff couldn't care less. We stayed for one week. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2008 - $33.00

Park was clean staff friendly until we left. Lied about having cable in a few weeks. They still do not have it. We camped at Ocala Sun RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Ocala Sun RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Ocala Sun RV Resort ?