Panacea RV Park

Panacea, Florida

Panacea, Florida

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access ?
  • Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly ?
  • Phone Phone ?

Ask fellow campers about "Panacea RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $32.00

Spent 5 days here, 2 at the PA rate. Would not stay here again. Not that it is a "bad" park, but it is not worth the cost. Owner and manager were both cordial. Only sites available were on the front row, under the Live Oaks so there was a LOT of road noise. Sites are VERY narrow and closely spaced. Wifi was useless inside the RV and practically useless outside the RV. Sewer connection was well above grade and I had to lift the hose to drain during dumping. No fenced dog run, but there is a packed-sand road that gets little traffic adjacent to the park, so walking the dog isn't a problem. I did not see any dog piles left behind in the campground. The restaurant mentioned in other reviews is closed with no plans to re-open. Sand Marsh Point beach is only 10 minutes south on 98. It is a nice, small beach. Stop at the welcome center, about 2 miles north of the park on 98. Lots of area info available. We camped at Panacea RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand

The Gulf Specimen Marine Lab and Aquarium is a great place to visit and well worth the $10 admission fee, especially when you get to touch the specimens in some tanks. Local restaurants will probably disappoint foodies. Posey's wasn't very good. Neither was Hutton's Seafood Stand. Myra Jean's Restaurant has good burgers.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $15.00

We only stayed here because we were visiting our nephew who has the local marina. What a hidden jewel this little area is. We fell in love with the area & the people. The RV park was not deluxe but the showers were new & clean & the new laundry room was nice & the best washers & dryers for $1.25 The owners are friendly & very helpful as is the handyman. The owners wife runs the little restaurant in front of the park & they were always busy. This is a delightful place to stay & I would recommend it to anyone!! We camped at Panacea RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand

Visit the aquarium down the road & the marina at the end of the road

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $20.00

At first I was not impressed, the door going into the office is broke and it's disheveled inside, but the people could not have been nicer. We parked in a pull-thru just off the road, and it was shady and wide, but very sandy..not paved. I had asked to use the fitness center I read about and rolled my eyes when they told me they didn't think the 2 pieces of equipment worked, and they were blocked in by a bunch of junk...BUT I WAS WRONG. They are undergoing a total remodeling of their community room and that is the reason it was blocked, and they cleared it out immediately. The recumbent bike was working fine and not rickety like some RV parks, it was a nice one. Plus the handyman who let me in was so nice and friendly and wanted to make sure I was comfortable. We had not planned on staying but one night, but decided to stay an extra day and ride the motorcycle to Apalachicola, about 50 miles away. My husband first wanted to move because it was dusty and we were right on the road, but did anyways. On our motorcycle ride we did go past several other RV parks between Panacea and Apalachicola. These appeared to be much fancier, but when I checked, they were at least twice the price. I guess for what we wanted, Panacea was great. Water pressure and taste was good, wifi was great and even though there was a $50 deposit for the cable box, there was no problem getting the deposit back early. There is also a nice little cafe open for breakfast and lunch from 7 am to 3 pm. I went in to tell the owner we were going to stay another day and saw some of their breakfasts....they looked great! Nothing fancy here, but we would return in a heartbeat! Just wish they had a pool. We camped at Panacea RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand

Lots of oyster restaurants within a 20-30 mile radius...Didn't eat at Posey's near the campground, but heard it was very good.

Featured Campgrounds Near Panacea RV Park

Are you affiliated with Panacea RV Park ?