Elite Resorts at Salt Springs

Salt Springs, Florida

highmaintenancecamper

When we checked in, we were charged an extra $10.00 for our own golf cart AND our tow vehicle! We were not told about these charges when we made our reservations and no one could explain why we were being charged extra for the vehicle that got us here. My in-laws drove a motor home in and they were charged extra as well. (No additional vehicle). There was no Wi-Fi available, even at the lodge we tried to connect and where unsuccessful. Cell phone service was non-existant. The staff was NOT friendly at all and extremely rude when we "broke a law." There was no mini-golf as they bulldozed that. No dog run and the dog beach is a 4 foot area with a large pipe in the water that our dog cut her paw on trying to swim. The dock they show kids jumping off of, is now old and rickety. Some sites were VERY small and tight. Couldn't put up our awning all the way. On the positive side, there is lots of shade and large oak trees. Family pool was nice and would have a beautiful view of the lake if it didn't have the large wooden privacy fence all the way around. Many live ins, the exterior of the cabins looked cute. We won't return as the staff and their "HOA police" were enough to frustrate our family! We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Fifth Wheel.

Pfiddler

This is a very nice park, clean and well maintained. We stayed here for two weeks. The only problem we had was that our cell phones would not work in the park. Others did work but not sure of what service they had. We would return. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Motorhome.

Easycamper4

In July, 2010 I stayed for a week in one of the 38 cabins at this resort. The cabin was okay but should have been a little nicer for $500/wk. The resort seemed nice but the staff made us feel very unwelcome. They have many petty little rules that they enforce with great vigor. At check-in, the person at the gate gave me a parking pass and said, "We tow cars frequently so make sure this is displayed at all times in your vehicle." They could have said this in a much nicer way. Later in the week, I had a relative visiting and went to the gate to arrange a pass for them. They acted like this was a terrible imposition and began reciting all their concerns about another vehicle entering their resort. They warned me that if I gave my gate code to my visitor that I would be evicted. Geez, talk about over-reacting. They have a 10 mph speed limit in the park which they enforce with great delight on all vehicles including golf carts and bikes. We had a large family dinner and one car had one tire half on the road. One of the staff came in and told us to move it NOW. We said we would get it right after dinner and they said, "No, get it NOW". The whole place just exudes an aura of overstrict enforcement of petty little rules. Lastly, cell reception is almost non-existent in this resort. AT&T had zero. Sprint had zero. Verizon had enough for texts about 50% of the time but no voice capability. These problems may be leading to a mass exodus of owners. There were a LOT of for sale signs on the RV slabs and on the park models. I won't be returning. I just hope that I get my $100 security deposit back. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Motorhome.

CamperFamily72

I think this is a great campground. They have so much to choose from and many things for the kids to do. They do candy bar bingo and cake walks. My younger ones love to come here due to all the activities they have. There are a few rude people in the park, but for the most part we felt very welcome and will come back many times. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Travel Trailer.

RPM

The park was very large with plenty of room to walk and was scenic. The majority of the rental sites we saw were run down with poor upkeep. Our site was bad! Broken and worn out asphalt, no grass, rotted picnic table that was not safe to sit on. Wi-Fi was available at the lodge but took me back to the early days of dial up. Slow!! Was not worth the walk! Cell phone signal was poor to none at all. Staff was not very sociable and in some cases rude, but some of the owners were friendly. Will not stay here again. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Motorhome.

Matt D.

Each campsite is privately owned. Some have mobile homes on them and others you can rent and park your RV. Most of the people are locals and are not friendly to campers. The security guard "Lester" yelled at me for riding my bicycle on a path by the lake. It was very apparent that this park wants homeowners, and not campers..I would recommend that you skip this place for one of many in the area. We will not be back. This park was a scene out of the movie Deliverance. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Travel Trailer.

jaxfl

We stayed here a few years ago and it was a nice place with activities and friendly folks. This time when I went to check in they (the store area) told me that it was under new ownership and that they had nothing to do with the campground. I mentioned that the signs still said this was check area and they told me, "Like I side we have nothing to do with the campground you need to go to the gate." The place is mostly cabins anymore that are for sale, and there are about 100 for sale signs all over the place. The shower houses are about as clean as any gas station's restrooms. Most of the folks you see are over 60 (me too), and there are no activites except for church on Sunday. I think the small restaurant only serves breakfast on the weekends. I don't think we will ever go back. I am sorry because this was the first place we camped after moving to Florida and we really enjoyed it back then. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Motorhome.

drtrkr244

We have stayed here many times throughout the last several years. Our group consists of church friends and family. This year the group rented 3 cottages and 10 RV sites. Until this year, we have had a great time. The rules have severely changed and the management is no longer camper friendly. Kids are not welcome here. I cannot begin to tell the horror story of this year's outing. We were actually evicted from the "resort" by the lies and fabrications of the management told to the police. There is not enough room or time on this forum to tell the whole story. Our group has decided we will never, ever stay at this place ever again! We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Travel Trailer.

Pomona Park Florida

This park has a lot of amenities but very strict. It is not a kid friendly park. We have stayed here several different times. It appears guest (campers) are not welcomed by the members of the park. The park patrol seems to take it to the extreme with visitors and not with members & their visitors. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Travel Trailer.

ReBob8101

This is a very nice park, the roads are all paved as are the sites. We found the other residents to be very friendly and welcoming. We rode our bikes around the area and got waves and smiles from everyone we met. This is a secure gated park and we felt very safe there. The rules are strictly enforced but this was not a problem as the rules are very reasonable. There is a shopping center adjacent to the park which has a small store and two restaurants in it. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Motorhome.

SMCpopup

We camped here in a brand new Fleetwood Popup. When I made the reservation, I was asked if we had our own bathroom and shower with a sewer hook up. Apparently this is an issue among the homeowners association, but I was never told why. Upon arriving, we were asked by no less then four different homeowners if we had this and each time we said yes. I am still unclear as to why this was an issue, but I can say it did get a little annoying. We certainly felt the vibe that we were not overly welcome there. We soon noticed that we were the only popup in this park. Another instance that was more than a put off was the fact that my daughter and her friend were told they were not allowed to ride their scooters in the park without helmets and no one under 10 can ride a scooter at all. Unfortunately my daughter is nine and we did not bring helmets. If we had been directed to these rules before we came, we certainly would have brought helmets. However, the rule about being over 10 was somewhat arbitrary and unfair. This campground had beautiful amenities... pool area, fishing area, putt-putt golf, etc. As well as the bath houses being immaculately clean and well maintained. But in light of the somewhat rigid and heavily enforced regulations from the parks "homeowners" we will not be returning here. There are quite a few retirees living in this park full time and some of their site were beautifully landscaped. Keep this in mind when visiting this place. Outsiders are not overly welcome. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Tent Trailer.

Bud in Florida

This is a really nice campground. Each site is individually owned, so some are better than others. You can also rent directly from the owner at a cheaper rate, but you have to drive around the campground and find the signs and then call. They have an adult pool, a family pool and a kiddie pool. Also have a hot tub. You can get free wifi at the lodge and by the pool, not at the sites. Site are generally pretty good size and most are paved. There are a bunch of activities, a couple of cafes, and a very nice camp store. People are very nice, but strangely the office is not open on the week-ends and you can only make reservation by phone. The only negative is that there is almost no cell reception at the park. Otherwise a great place to stay for a few days if you like being on the water. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Motorhome.

fulltime.petes

Nice park - I agree with the other reviews. We got reprimanded for setting up our Starband satellite tripod because we had wires running across the ground. They have discontinued the WiFi system they used to have. Consequently I would rate them NOT internet friendly. Very poor cell phone service. We would stay here again for a short while. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Motorhome.

elisa

Wonderful park -lots of fun. Will return. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

This park has everything you would ever need. Two pools, one for kids and one for adults. Park has a post office, produce stand, boat dock, two restaurants, hot tub, and lot of rooms to use. Pools and playground equipment are on Little Lake Kerr. Park has cottages on lake if you do not come by RV. Very little noise here. Lots of trees to park under. Cell phone service is very low. Cable TV was great. Staff was nice at check in. We camped at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Elite Resorts at Salt Springs?