Sebastian, Florida

Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park)

Recent Rate: $40 7/2016

• Boat Ramp Boat Ramp yes
  • Hiking Hiking yes
  • River River yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

We stayed 4th of July weekend. The park was full. Our spot was nice with a small opening in the bushes to allow access to the water. No shade so bring your own; it is an island with some trees on the edge. We had 50 amp service and water, no sewer. The water is easily the worst I have ever experienced before. It is saturated with sulfur and the smell is very very strong. Since we didn't have sewer I used the showers at the park. They were sandy and dirty, I blame this on the other guests more then the park itself. The bathroom was not clean either, no air in there, it was hot and humid. Taking a shower was really hell. If we go back I will fill our tanks with fresh water first. We lost power one night from a storm, water too as it is a well, and then half the park lost power the next day as well as water for the whole park for a short time.

Each day I walked the dogs and picked up beer cans and trash from other guests that had just left them anywhere. It is a shame, what a beautiful place on the water and people just don't care.

The 4th was great, we watched fireworks from all angles at the waters edge. Other guests were friendly, and it didn't look like to many long term people, there was a camp a few down from us that had signs of a long stay, but still not too bad. Be ready for mosquitoes, ants, and other critters as this is a state park, not a resort. The staff was friendly and happy to help. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Travel Trailer.

Shop before you go, the closest grocery store is about 15 miles north.

Bring more then enough bottled water and I would fill your tanks with clean water as the water has a heavy sulfur smell.

The restaurant at the entrance is OK, stay away from the biscuits and gravy. The bait shop was expensive and the guy at the counter could care less about helping. Try Whities bait about 1/4 mile north on A1A for better prices and selection as well as friendly staff.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $28.00

This campground has probably the best location possible for enjoying all natural aspects of Florida. You have immediate and close access to the southern Indian River Lagoon, nature trails on Scout Island across a neat wooden bridge over the creek, a sleepy beach just down the road at Sebastian Inlet, and if you bring watercraft, you can navigate deep into the natural Florida back country up the St Sebastian River on the west bank of the Indian River. Waterfront sites are what make this place so great, what's better than pulling your boat up to your site every afternoon? Facilities are average, which is expected at a county park, but as I said before, the location MORE than makes up for that. Stop reading and get on down to Long Point with your significant other and family and enjoy the outdoors! We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Travel Trailer.

Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $30.00

This is an interesting county park. Most of the sites are waterfront on the intercoastal water way. Boating, fishing and kayaking are excellent from here. There is a bridge from this park to a nice little island with primitive camping. The sites are large and you can park however is convienent for you, and most sites have access to the water. Very nice layout. There is a nice boat launch and a fish cleaning area with running water. The WiFi is weak and spotty. Even as far out as we were, we had adequate TV reception. Close to the beach as in easy biking or a long walk. There are very few sites with full hookup so if you have a site near a dump station there is a constant flow of people dumping sewage and the smell is all day long. The restrooms, showers and laundry are in serious need of updating and/or complete renovation. The campground is about 10 miles from anything like shopping though there is a nice restaurant near the entrance. Bring what you need with you as everything out here in expensive. Bacon at the grocery is $9.50 a lb. I would stay here again if in the area but not a site near the dump station. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

It is a long way in either direction for restaurants, shopping, entertainment: 10+ miles.

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $33.00

This is a really nice county park. The only reason it gets a 7 is because of all grassy sites and some not exactly level, also each power post serves two trailers so depending on which site you have you better carry extensions. We would stay here again. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $28.00

We got a waterfront site and thankfully we had a view of the water - many others have mangroves fully blocking their view. I have been thrilled watching pelicans dive-bomb for fish and have even caught dolphins swimming by for several days! Fishing is great here. I wish I had a kayak because I would be out on that water often. It's pretty windy here, but that's a good thing to keep the no-see-ums down. However on a calm day, we found about 5-dozen in our RV that crawled through the window screens (they look like little gnats with a bite as bad as a mosquito). Come prepared with fine-mesh screens and high % DEET in your bugspray. You are allowed to park on your site in any way you please, so we parked parallel to the water for prime views out our windows. No sewer unless you accept a spot in the middle away from the water - I see lots of people making do with blue boys. There is free Wifi here but it's very slow and most times non-existent. There is a washer and dryer available with a sink too (I used for dishes to avoid filling my grey water tank too quickly since I don't have a blue boy). The drums are huge for handling large loads, but the dryer is set Way Too Hot It burned the elastic and made my laundry load smell of burnt rubber - I had to redo the whole load to get rid of that smell (use medium or even low heat will do it). The shower stalls were dirty and there was probably less water pressure than I could get in my RV. The water smells funny and it lingered in my hair and could taste it even after filtering the drinking water. I was able to get Verizon 4G LTE data and 2-3 bars of cell signal from my spot. I could only get 2 TV channels from the antennae - NBC and the classics station. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

The nearest grocery store, Publix, is 11 miles north. There is a restaurant and convenience store with snacks, ice cream bars, hot dogs, seafood, and fishing gear at the entrance road to the park on the highway.

Date of Stay: December, 2013 - $34.00

First, I would like to say that we have stayed here several times. The good: nice waterfront sites, great area for biking, surfing, paddling, fishing etc.. The weather is also really nice here all winter. The bad: the sites are not well marked and it is possible to show up with someone else using part of your site. With very little (I mean no) management, it can be noisy, especially on weekends. The restrooms and showers are the dirtiest I've seen and I've traveled from the east coast to the west coast 4 times. The newer restroom has no water pressure and the older restroom had a piece of soap on the floor that was there for the two weeks that we were. The campsites I don't believe have ever been cleaned by the staff and you will find lots of remnants when you first get to your site. We do love the area and most of the campers are very friendly. As long as you can overlook some of the issues, you will like this campground. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $30.00

Long Point County Park is NOT located in Sebastian, it is located on the barrier island just off A1A in Melbourne Beach. It was a nice find, many sites are right on the water with a great view. The beach is just a short ride. The management was very friendly and outgoing. Most sites do not have a sewer hookup, but there are a few that do. Bring your bug spray, it can be buggy at times. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $27.00

Incredible value! Stopped here on the spur of the moment, and had a waterfront site (no sewer) for under $30! Excellent value. Feels remote, but easy access to city. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $30.00

This is a county campground and could use a face lift. But it was nice enough for us to stay more days. It's an especially nice place if you enjoy fishing. We don't fish but did appreciate the many types of birds. The National Pelican Refuge is nearby. We camped near water and the only disappointment was the unusual swarm of insects one day: fruit fly like. People who have been here for years had never seen this before, just our luck! There isn't much to do in the campground and we needed to travel some to get to a restaurant for a dinner one night. We stayed over a weekend and found it to be a quiet site. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $30.00

What a nice park. Brevard County has done such a good job with this park that many 'snowbirds' return here year after year. Many of the sites are on the water, but those don't have sewer. And, don't count on a clear view of the water as many sites have bushes. However, all these sites have an access point into the water. This is a great place to bring your boat because you can beach it right at your campsite. The restrooms were old but clean. The laundry facility was acceptable though not real clean. The roads are paved and great for biking and walking. A huge grass area in the middle is where many park their boat trailers and cars that don't fit into their campsite. No Wi-Fi in camp but just up the road can get it at the marina on a daily basis. There are a handful of sewer spots not on the water. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2012 - $26.00

Very nice park, but you are a long way from any city. Staff was very friendly and the park was well maintained. We would recommend this park. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $27.00

We have camped here before and it is a nice park if you like water activities. Having a boat, canoe, kayak, is a must otherwise, you'll get bored quickly! Options are to go to the beach across the street or drive down to the Sebastian Inlet State Park. There's the McClarty Treasure Museum south of the inlet which is cool to see. Also, Disney has a resort in Vero Beach (a few miles down the road on A1A) which has a character breakfast on Saturdays (yes, it is very pricey!) which the kids will love. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $25.00

We just returned from a weekend at Longpoint. Though the area surrounding the park is beautiful the actual park is in need of some maintenance. We paid a premium for a water site that was on the Indian River Lagoon. However, our site had no view out to the water, it was blocked by mangrove trees, thick heavy trees. There was a small clearing where we could have pulled a kayak up behind our site, however from the standing water it was a mosquito infestation. From the minute we arrived and walked through the long unkept grass my entire family was bitten up by pesky mosquitoes. We could not spend any time outside enjoying this park because of the terrible mosquito problem. They would literally swarm my children and I would swat 5-7 off of them from the minute we returned to the park until we were safely in our trailer. There were sites up the road from us with amazing water views and boats parked right behind their sites. Those were more towards sites 45 and up. My other issue with the place is the well water hookup. The water had a nasty smell to it and I was afraid to allow my children and myself to bathe in it. It was disgusting to have to breathe that in and has left a faint odor in my brand new trailer. The only upside to this weekend was the beautiful areas we visited at Sebastian Inlet State park where we swam in their swimming area and spent an afternoon and the beaches that are only a few miles away from LongPoint and very secluded and relaxing. I would only return to this area if I could get a spot at Sebastian but I will not return to Long Point any time soon. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $25.00

This is a great campground on the weekends. Lots of good people having fun. Problem is that during the week the RV's leave and the transient people move in. The are not "Campers". They live there because it is cheap. We had two coolers and firewood stolen. This is a county park so be careful. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $29.00

Had lots of room and met some nice people here. Most people have been coming here for years. Great fishing both at the beach and in the Indian River right off your lot. Will be back next year. We camped at Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Long Point Park Campground (Brevard County Park)?