8.6 Excellent

Starke, Florida

1475 South Walnut Street
Starke, Florida 32091

Longitude: -82.11933

Ask fellow campers about "Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

Loved our stay here. The camp is clean, the staff friendly, and the sites are angled about 45 degrees from the road. This makes the sites very easy in and out, long enough for 40+ ft RV and pickup, and rigs are staggered so you're not like pieces of bread side by side. The dog park is just big enough for play without getting away from you and still has plenty of grass. It's not close to many attractions, but is nice in and of itself. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Kanapaha Botanical Gardens - $8 pp and allows dogs.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

Was here for a few days while taking care of business nearby. Traffic getting in and out is a problem, made worse by nearby road construction. Sites were reasonably spaced with good grass between them. A few of the turns were tight for large rigs but manageable. Easy walk to small strip mall next door for groceries or restaurants. Staff very friendly and helpful. WiFi not very good. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

I am not a lover of KOA's as most of them have numerous amenities that you pay for that we never use, but this park was an exception. Yes, there were plenty of the expected amenities, again that we didn't use, but the cleanliness and overall look of this CG, and the reasonable rate ($42.00) changed my opinion. At one time I felt that being escorted to your site and shown the hook-ups was because they thought you didn't know the difference between the water and electric and how to connect, but now I've come to the conclusion that a park that uses escorts is one who cares enough to show what good customer service is all about. So thank you for that. Again, I was thoroughly impressed with the cleanliness of this CG. I even saw our escort pick up a very small piece of trash while we were pulling into our site. That shows caring and concern by all the staff. And what was very unusual was that during my walks through the park, I did not see one RV that looked out of place, or was dirty, or had a bunch of junk lying around. And everyone that I ran into was extremely friendly and truly cared about the look of their home-away-from-home. Nice! My only negative was the noise from Route 301. I couldn't hear it as much in the RV since it was cold (38 degrees). We had the windows closed and the heat on so that was not a problem, but standing outside the noise was on the loud and annoying end of the spectrum. But it appears that a 301 bypass is being built around Starke, so this may be a non-issue in a year or so. Overall, a 10, but I have to give it a 9 due to the noise and slow Internet speed. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $41.00

A nice campground in the middle of town. The usual layout of a KOA with multiple sites. Clean and well-maintained. Lots of things to do for about every age group. Restrooms are clean and well-stocked. The staff keeps the grounds free of trash. Sites are spacious and well-organized with seasonal campers toward the back of the campground and short-term visitors near the front. The camp store has a few items but is not over-crowded with things. There are trains that run sporadically. Would return. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

There is a Super Walmart a mile away and a small strip mall next door with a gate in the dividing fence for the convenience of the campers.

Featured Campgrounds Near Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $46.00

Very clean sand spacious the staff was helpful and very friendly. Needed propane when I got there and was surprised at the low price and I didn't have to wait to get it. They escort you to your site and show you the hookups. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Motorhome.

Great seafood restaurant about a mile up the road. Ask at check in.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $22.00

Very friendly staff. Escorted to site. Entire place clean and tidy. Clean laundry room. Level sites. Good OTA TV station reception. Good Verizon reception. This was my second stay here. I did give a 9 because there are few trees and the sites are very close with no privacy screen of any type between sites. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Walmart just down the road. A shopping center with a Save A Lot grocery store and Dollar General next to campground. Lots of places nearby to eat.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $30.00

Nice stay for a week, the staff was great - many snowbirds in the park and they have several activities each week for all. I enjoyed the pancake breakfast, there was a donation only Cable and all utilities were great - laundry room was very clean. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Motorhome.

Do not try the Chinese food restaurant adjacent to the park - bad

j&b

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $41.00

We spent the night here while returning home from hurricane Irma. Our site was paved with a concrete patio. The space between campers was great giving a nice outside area. Cable channels, water and electric were great. Wi-fi was intermittent but would have no bearing on an overnight stay (reason for the 9). Walmart was close and restaurants and other shopping were nearby. We would stay here again! We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

Nice stopover campground. Not much in the area to do as far as we saw. HiHop restaurant just down the road and a Walmart very convenient for the things you forgot loading into the rv. Only negative comment is the bathrooms in the RV park area not the office area (did not see those). The toilets in the mens room appear to be something from the early 1900's. I have never sat on a kid size toilet before but these were the shortest I have ever seen. I would suggest an upgrade to some new toilets as they would be more water efficient and more comfortable to the users. The campground is clean and there is a shopping center within walking distance right out of the cg. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $41.00

Located right off Highway 301, this park is easy to find and pull into. Our site was a nice wide space with a large oak tree to shade it. Sites were fairly separated and privately situated. Park was very clean and neat, including pool and restrooms. We didn't hear any traffic noise. The staff in the office and on the grounds are friendly and helpful. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Motorhome.

Obey the speed limit on Highway 301; it's a notorious speed trap! Sonny's BBQ is close by - a family chain that's very good.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $41.00

Convenient stop on the way from our home in southwest Florida to Jacksonville and Interstate 95. The sites are basic and well-maintained. Sites are gravel and offer some shade. Features a fire ring and picnic table. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Motorhome.

If traveling north on US 301, stay in the left lane and turn through the opening in the median into the campground. Our Garmin GPS routed us past the campground before circling us back south on 301.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed on a pull-thru full hook up and stayed for just one night. The site was adequately sized; however, pulling in/out was tight. The park is well equipped with amenities as you would expect for a KOA. There is a nice walking path at the back of the park which was great for walking the dog. The office staff was very nice. The only odd thing was an outdoor laundry. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Be careful when exiting north onto route 301 as you need to cross two lanes of traffic. The office will explain safe alternative routes. We were lucky when we left that traffic on 301 was minimal so we were able to exit left.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $42.00

Sites are very wide and long. Park is big and full. Lots of traffic noise but park itself is quiet. Many sites are grass, with a little gravel in driveway. Concrete patios. We had a paved site. WiFi is poor but other utilities are fine. Many permanent residents who all seem to know each other but we never saw people on either side to speak to. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $42.00

Clean and felt welcome by all was escorted to my site and showed all hook up's. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Motorhome.

Great seafood about 1/4 mile north (Cedar River) Well worth the trip.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $39.00

This KOA Kampground is clean, safe and quiet. It offers lots of amenities such as a pool, horseshoes, shuffleboard, a playground, and a dog walk area. The staff was helpful and friendly. The campground has lots of trees, but they are cut high enough not to scratch your roof. Mix of driveables, towables, cabins, and permanent homes. The roads are tight, but staff escorts you to your site. Kids and pets are welcome.

Our campsite was #84 and was a pull through site. It was a paved site with a concrete pad and picnic table dedicated to our spot. We had full hookups including sewer and 50 amp service. The site was mostly level with a slight slope on each side to avoid pooling water. Other spots are grass. The wi-fi reached our camping spot as they have repeaters set up around the site; however, it was slow during the day and VERY SLOW at night when more people were using it. Our AT&T mobile & data service was excellent, though. They also offer free cable, which we did not use.

Getting into the campground with our 40' 5th Wheel was very tight as there is a fence around a couple of small cabins that we came very close to swiping; however, my husband is a great maneuverer and he did great. Note to driver: swing wide right, watch your left side.

They have a laundry room, restrooms and recreation room on site but we did not use any of those services. Store is sparsely stocked, but is open 8am-8pm. There is a dumpster for trash on the way out of the campground and a recycling can for aluminum cans only.

This is a great location for access to necessities. It is right off highway 301, but we didn't hear highway noise. Grocery stores, gas stations (with diesel), and Walmart are located less than 5 minutes away.

The only negative: There are train tracks nearby that you can hear the loud, sometimes never-ending whistle at all hours of the day and night, but not often.

We would definitely stay here again, even with the train noise. We camped at Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA

Are you affiliated with Starke / Gainesville N.E. KOA ?