Lakeside Travel Park

FranM

Older, run-down park. I stepped in dog-poop first thing upon arrival (bag sign). Park is next to low-end used car lot. At first I thought it was a junk yard. Long-term residents with old RVs and lots of junk outside. Not in a good part of town, either. A trip to nearby WalMart was scary. Staff was friendly, and our grassy site was level. However, I would not stay here again. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

j&k

Close to I-10. Could be a great campground but for now it is pretty much run down with a lot of very old RVs. Sites were level but any rig with tow longer than 50' wili get their merit badge for close maneuvering. Next time I think we will try another place. Maybe some day new owners will acquire this place and bring it up to date. It really does have a good location in respect to I-10. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Motorhome.

User424

$35 must be what the market will bear. The location is great, just off I-10 on Capitol Circle west of town. The park is at least 40 years old. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. There are many sites for overnight camping, all pullthrough, grass, full hookups, and level. There are many long motorhomes here now. The perimeter with shade is for long-term campers. The place was clean, tidy. We felt safe here. Not a "destination" park, but great for staying while visiting the city. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Jake67

This is not a very good park but it was late and I was tired of driving so I stayed there for a few days. I was flying back to Michigan in a few days and did not want to have to winterize my coach again so I did not connect to their sewer or water - I used their public facilities. The Wi-Fi worked fine. The baths were dirty and needed to be renovated - that's is true of the entire park. There were many permanent residents living in travel trailers some of which did not appear to be employed as they were there all day long. If you are just passing through and need a place to hookup for the night this place might be ok - other than that, I'd find somewhere else to camp. It's probably better than a freeway rest area or a Walmart parking lot but not by much - lol. At $35 a night this is not a very good value. However, I cannot fault the folks working there as they were most pleasant and courteous. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Motorhome.

canoeperson

Although the Woodall's advertisement claimed 62 sites, they only had one "overnight" site and it was by Highway 90 "on the grass, beside the fence". A hole had been cut in the fence for the electrical cord and the water hose. We did not hook up the water because the faucet was bent. No sewer connection was available at this site. The women's restroom was locked and when I got the key and opened it, I decided to pass it up and returned the key. It did not look as if anyone had been in there in a long time. Our "site" was just a grassy area but we were fortunate that it was distanced from the rows and rows of other RV's set up for semi-permanent living by construction workers on a nearby electrical utility project. We ran our fan all night to drown out the noise from the very nearby highway. Despite all this, the lady who registered us was very nice and we had a good night's sleep. This is a very old campground, I remember it from the '60's when it was called Bell's Lakeside Campground. I believe it was safe, we did have electricity, and we had an appointment to have our RV worked on at 7:30 the next morning just two miles down the road. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Big Oak RV Park

Tallahassee RV Park

Pat Thomas Park

Quincy, Florida

Are you affiliated with Lakeside Travel Park?