3.5 Poor

Tallahassee, Florida

6401 W Tennessee St
Tallahassee, Florida 32304

• Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Lakeside Travel Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $45.00

This is a small, overpriced RV park with a number of run-down live-ins. Great wifi, but no other amenities. Level grass sites. Pull-thru. FHU. We reserved 50 amp but when we got there they had only 30. We should have been told that when reserving. Quiet. Water was fine, but sewer was out. There were people there working on it. As we stayed only 1 night, this wasn't a big deal to us but the smell from them working on the sewer wasn't the greatest. We wouldn't stay here again, especially for this price. Way overpriced. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Pull-thru

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Stayed 2 nights to visit a friend who lives nearby. Park has lots of what looks like permanent residents who are not taking care of their sites. Talked to a few and they seemed nice enough. Verizon and AT&T signal was good, wifi was very poor. Power was adequate at my site. It was not easy to navigate a large motor home into our site. There is a big gator in the lake that according to the locals has eaten a couple of dogs. So beware going near it with small dogs. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

It's close to a Walmart.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

I am working in the area temporarily and decided to stay here based on the cost ($450.00 per mon.). The park has many permanent rigs that are poorly maintained. The person at the front office is very friendly and accommodating. the sites are grassy and fairly level, most with a small concrete pad and pic-nic tables. I would not recommend this park for a long stay but is fine for an overnight or week stay. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Wakulla Springs is about 30 min. south of Tallahassee. There is a Walmart, restaurants and gas stations close to the CG. Park is close to FSU/FAMU. There is a Flying J and Pilot about 10 min West and access to I-10.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $35.00

We pulled in and paid up front for a week, we should have looked around first. Most occupants were (very) long term, in quite old trailers with cluttered/unkempt site surrounding. Our assigned site wouldn't work for our 5th wheel length so they told us we could move (very polite and accommodating) then when we pulled into the new site we noticed that the rig next to us had a sign in their window that pictured a handgun and said 'this site protected by...'. At that point we just left, even though we had prepaid close to $185 we decided it wasn't worth it to stay there. It just wasn't a good fit for us. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Lakeside Travel Park

Date of Stay: December, 2014 - $35.00

2 bathrooms, only one working; dirty and old. No place to hang anything. Many people "living" there with no mufflers on their vehicles. Interior roads paved, sites are level, utilities all together in the rear, inconvenient to hook up side water and sewer. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Old, terrible value for the money. Just a place to park and plugin.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $35.00

Older, run-down park. I stepped in dog-poop first thing upon arrival (bag sign). Park is next to low-end used car lot. At first I thought it was a junk yard. Long-term residents with old RVs and lots of junk outside. Not in a good part of town, either. A trip to nearby WalMart was scary. Staff was friendly, and our grassy site was level. However, I would not stay here again. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

j&k

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $35.00

Close to I-10. Could be a great campground but for now it is pretty much run down with a lot of very old RVs. Sites were level but any rig with tow longer than 50' wili get their merit badge for close maneuvering. Next time I think we will try another place. Maybe some day new owners will acquire this place and bring it up to date. It really does have a good location in respect to I-10. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $35.00

$35 must be what the market will bear. The location is great, just off I-10 on Capitol Circle west of town. The park is at least 40 years old. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. There are many sites for overnight camping, all pullthrough, grass, full hookups, and level. There are many long motorhomes here now. The perimeter with shade is for long-term campers. The place was clean, tidy. We felt safe here. Not a "destination" park, but great for staying while visiting the city. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2009 - $35.00

This is not a very good park but it was late and I was tired of driving so I stayed there for a few days. I was flying back to Michigan in a few days and did not want to have to winterize my coach again so I did not connect to their sewer or water - I used their public facilities. The Wi-Fi worked fine. The baths were dirty and needed to be renovated - that's is true of the entire park. There were many permanent residents living in travel trailers some of which did not appear to be employed as they were there all day long. If you are just passing through and need a place to hookup for the night this place might be ok - other than that, I'd find somewhere else to camp. It's probably better than a freeway rest area or a Walmart parking lot but not by much - lol. At $35 a night this is not a very good value. However, I cannot fault the folks working there as they were most pleasant and courteous. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2007 - $30.00

Although the Woodall's advertisement claimed 62 sites, they only had one "overnight" site and it was by Highway 90 "on the grass, beside the fence". A hole had been cut in the fence for the electrical cord and the water hose. We did not hook up the water because the faucet was bent. No sewer connection was available at this site. The women's restroom was locked and when I got the key and opened it, I decided to pass it up and returned the key. It did not look as if anyone had been in there in a long time. Our "site" was just a grassy area but we were fortunate that it was distanced from the rows and rows of other RV's set up for semi-permanent living by construction workers on a nearby electrical utility project. We ran our fan all night to drown out the noise from the very nearby highway. Despite all this, the lady who registered us was very nice and we had a good night's sleep. This is a very old campground, I remember it from the '60's when it was called Bell's Lakeside Campground. I believe it was safe, we did have electricity, and we had an appointment to have our RV worked on at 7:30 the next morning just two miles down the road. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it. We camped at Lakeside Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lakeside Travel Park

Campground Map

Are you affiliated with Lakeside Travel Park ?