Bay Bayou RV Resort

Recent Rate: $34 9/2014

Longitude: -82.6303195953369

• yes-river Waterfront

Jayhart

Nice park in a tropical setting, almost all sites under the shade of mature trees. Some sites gravel, some grass, all back-ins, mix of 30 & 50 amp. Larger rigs placed in grass area (50amp) on bayou, and these sites are very large. Other sites we're closer together, but not claustrophobic. This is a quiet park with many permanent residents that keep their sites neat and clean. Security gate at entrance with nightly patrols; we felt safe there. Although the park is located off a major road (580), it is tucked back along the bayou with minimal road noise. Wi-Fi worked well, pool, clean showers, activities, close to everything you need (grocery, Walmart, restaurants). We had no trouble maneuvering our 45' coach in the park. During our stay, there were several days of heavy rain and we had about 2-3" of standing water at our grass site. We moved to another site without incident. Would stay here again. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

E&E

Nice dog parks. Great staff. Try to arrive before dark. Maneuvering space a little tight. Keypad security for entrance. Would stay again. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

E&E

We stayed two weeks. This time of year there were many residents for several months -- many of whom were repeat visitors. Clean, attractive, and well managed. We would stay here again. We paid weekly winter rate of $335. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

peterray

Rate reflects the $189 weekly special. Really nice friendly and helpful staff. Many "permanents, but well kept trailers. Great grounds, super Wi-Fi, easy access to Tampa, Snook fishing off of campground docks, relatively quiet. Cleanest AC'ed restrooms I've ever seen. Good rules for every one. We would stay here again. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

kegmaster

This is not a bad place. Forget the water view on the site. There is some water during high tide, but not worth the walk. Nice staff. Decent space between sites. Big problem getting into the park, if you have a big rig and are towing. There is not a lot of room right after you pull in for you and your tow-we had to unhook. The sites have patio's. Some sites have gravel, but most are just dirt and you need to vacuum every day unless you love living in a dirty place. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

RVGFulltimers

We stayed here for a few weeks while my husband was working nearby. We really liked this campground. They have quite a bit of shade and river access if you like canoeing. They have a nice pool, laundry facilities, and clean restrooms and showers. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the park is nearby shopping and restaurants. The sites have concrete patios, but the parking is on dirt or sand. We had problems with ants despite the maintenance crew applying pesticide to control them. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

darla's dad

This is one of the best run campgrounds that we have stayed in, over our six years and many thousands of coach miles. Super pet friendly and usable water on two sides. It is near the race track and supermarkets. A very nice pool. The "workout" equipment however, is in the community room and was not conducive to our use. There is a YMCA nearby. We stayed for February. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

joez

Rate indicates a mid summer stay 3/pay 2 special. This is a well run, mainly snowbird park: well maintained and quiet. Our site was grass with a concrete patio, some were improved with stone/shells. Wooded sites, enough so that we did not even attempt roof mounted satellite TV. Cable works very well: 40 channels, including HBO. WiFi worked well, as did our Verizon, ATT, and Sprint data worked well, as did Verizon and Sprint voice. Very nice pool area and clubhouse. A few supplies in store, but they do sell ice cream. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

jlh1

This park is way over priced for what it is. The streets are paved which is nice, but the sites are a mess especially when it rains. Some are shelled which does help but many are real fine black sand. It does have a beautiful pool area & a nice club house. The gardener does a great job with the landscaping all over the park. The downsides are that the washing machines are not kept wiped out, some of the sites have become permanant homes for people that collect too much junk on their site, and the park rules are only for chosen people. We have traveled quite a bit, & we have never found such rude people in management as in this park. They do not want to be bothered with your concerns & are very unfriendly. We would not stay here again. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

aussie keith

One of the best maintained parks that we have stayed in. Shady sites, excellent wi-fi, cable good. Small lakes and fountains around and waterfront to creek. Two dog runs, both with hot bath available. Bathrooms are spotless. Really good facilities, and pools that are meticulously looked after. Rate quoted is the Spring "Special" of $199 per week. Location is quiet and close to shopping and restaurants. Short drive to Tampa or beaches. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

User1766

The park was clean and well maintained. The staff friendly at checkin and allowed us a late check out. They have a very nice size clubhouse with a library of books, CD's and VCR tapes, exercise equipment, a pool table, live music certain nights. The pool besides being clean has a Tiki Hut for use with a gas grill area. The sites along the river were nice and there was a dock to fish from and one dock to relax. Very nice shade trees. We stayed in a 45 foot RV with four slides and had plenty of room if we had been 55 feet. No issues with the electric even using 3 air conditioners. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Alan Chase

Very nice park. Large helpful staff. Very well maintained. Very nice facilities, large pool, workout area, pool table meeting rooms. There are a large number of permanent or long term residents, but so far, all are very friendly to transients, with plenty of sites available. Sites are very large and range from dirt with grass, to sea shell gravel. Although they are mostly 90 degree sites, the streets are not that narrow, and the plastic posts that someone mentioned slip right out of a ground socket to ease backing into. This was told to us at check in. Backing in with my 37 ft rig was quite simple as sites are large, especially with the post temporarily removed. Only complaint is that there is but one trash dumpster site near the office, and the park is very large, requiring many people to have to drive their trash to the site. Most people drive in and out during the day anyway, so it isn't really a problem. Rules are normal, and there is no feeling of being watched for violations. Very pet friendly. Many longer term people have even added decking and beautiful plant arrangements and lighting which add to the overall homey feeling. Many sites have large trees nearby which makes satellite TV difficult, although there are sites where it is OK. I was able to park forward enough to miss the trees for satellite reception. Someone mentioned bad cable TV, but ours was excellent as was our friends who were in a site nearby. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

RVSophia

This is my first time at Bay Bayou and I must say that this park is one of my favorites in the area. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the park is filled with big oak trees and there are little flower gardens planted throughout the park which made me feel like I was at home. The sites themselves are all very large and spacious, I had a premium site right on the river and it was perfect since my husband loves to fish. The staff and the guests are all very friendly and even my dog had a great time playing in the dog park. I would recommend this park to anyone traveling through or staying in the Tampa area! I will be back next year. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Trillium Trail

Very nice park. We stayed here in class A for several days. I love the mature trees everywhere through the park and in all sites, very beautiful. All the staff was nice and I really enjoyed the lending library. The evening security let me in late to borrow a game and was really nice and welcoming. Clean, pleasant and really a lot of work in keep the park well maintained and landscaped. We thought it was great and would definitely come back. Many long term residents but the really nice kind that create pretty gardens around their units, etc., and enhance the beauty of the park. "Entrance road" does have a few lower hang branches but that is a HWY department thing and not in the campground. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

M J

4 words. NOT-BIG-RIG-FRIENDLY. I have a 38' Class A 30Amp motorhome, and I have excellent spatial orientation, and it was a pain to back in. Sites are at a 90 degree angle to very narrow roads. It would have been fine, but they have these poles that are right next to road (which don't correspond with the site number), which won't allow you to do a smooth back-in. The road leading up to the CG is a very small pocked marked road, and the parking lot in front of the office is so small that is was barely enough to hold my MH and toad. There is a number code gate to get into the park, it is at small car level, but you will have to jump out if your in a MH to punch in the code to get into the park. The hookups are in the middle of your site which is fine if you have a less than 30 foot camper. You nose will be level with the road if your our size. The roads are narrow, the concrete patios rise about 5 inches from the ground with is a mixture of sand, dirt and sparse grass. While I was there one smaller MH came in a tried to park in one of the spots and after 5 tries left the CG. I also let the ladies at the front desk that I had 2 large dogs and asked for a quiet spot with a bit of grass . After asking 3 times they finally gave me a spot which seemed on their map to be a good choice. I was heamed in on all sides by motorhomes, with very little space for my babies to go potty, we were also so far from the doggy run (I couldn't find it even after I did a drive through later on) that is wasn't worth the effort. Also sites are either 50Amp or 30Amp. And the sites in the outlying areas with space for big rigs are 50Amp only. Wish they would have told use this fact before we came. There are your typical Florida mosquitoes, but in addition there are a ton of Thrips who's itchy bites started in the afternoon and didn't let up until the wee hours of the morning. Cable is a joke, totally fuzzy, I got a better picture with my HD TV. Internet is better when the office is open, slow at night. A lot of mold in the area, so my allergies starting acting up. Definitely not worth $53 a night (even with Good Sam Discount). Laundry is adequate though it could be cleaner. Also this park tends to house long term annual people, pulling it it seemed my transient status was a novelty rather than the status quo. Mostly TT and small 5th in this park. And the morning that I left, I opened my kitchen sink to find that ants had crawled up my outside sewer hose and through my grey tank into the house. Ick! Shame on Woodalls's for the 5 star rating, this place should be 3star tops. Want a 5 Star go to "The Great Outdoors" in Titusville. Not this CG. Never going back. We camped at Bay Bayou RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Fort De Soto Campground

Tierra Verde, Florida

Sanlan RV Park

Lakeland, Florida

Are you affiliated with Bay Bayou RV Resort?