Rambler's Rest RV

Recent Rate: $38 3/2015

Longitude: -82.3216509819031

• yes-lake Waterfront

neilmcb2002

Stayed here for a month, mid Feb to Mid Mar so had to estimate the daily cost. Excellent front entrance and pool area. Rumour is the pool and office are new. 650 sites of which half are permanent units (half of those have full time residents). Some very nice sites and as always some not so nice sites. Campground was established many years ago so roads are narrow, some sites very cramped, infrastructure needs updating, my 30 amp electrical panel fell apart when I attempted to plug in. They had a blackwater handling equipment on site and there are some RV sites very near so if you are fortunate to get a site nearby, you get to listen to the pumps running all night and get to smell the sewage. Has lots of activities to keep one busy, very close to Venice. Our site was very tight, had to park our truck across the street. Would I return next year - don't think so. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Fifth Wheel.

Close to Venice, Punta Gorda, Fort Myers.

esta34950

The spot was level, easy to get into and the grounds were well maintained. The roads were paved. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. Most of the people seem to be permanent residence and all seemed friendly. We will visit again. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Marcia55

When we arrived office was closed from 11 to 3 for training. Their whole power distribution system needs updated. We were having low voltage trip outs on our surge protector during cooler times. When maintenance was contacted said we could move but, it was happening all over the park and said it was Florida Power and Lights issue because of not providing enough power. When we did get to our site the 50 amp breaker would not reset. Also water was shut off and was not told at time of check in since office was closed. Roads are very narrow and hard to move around. When it did rain several roads flooded as along with some sites. Many extra charges for the price you pay monthly during peak season. For example a laundry card, on site post office box, cable, and WiFi. Also, you pay extra for electric if you stay longer than 30 days and we did not know that at time of check it until checking out. The dumpster kept jamming up and over flowing and instead of getting an extra dumpster they just used a wood sided wooded trailer and it over flowed several times with trash on ground. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Fifth Wheel.

Mr Safety

I drive a 40' motorhome and tow a small trailer for my motorcycle. I asked for a pull-through lot for a week. "We don't have them" was the reply. I subsequently found they had several, but that is another story. We reserved a place on line and checked in midday for a week. I knew when I had to ask someone where the office was we may have a problem. There were no signs directing visitors to the office building until well after we arrived. Payment was in advance via credit card. Problems arose right away. No one escorted me to my site. I had to follow a shaky line drawn on a map of the park. The roads within the park are one vehicle wide. Driving an 8' wide vehicle that is very heavy with a wide turning radius in these narrow streets lined with trees and palms was challenging. I got to my assigned site (C-58) and got parked by dropping my trailer on the street, and backing in to the space. I noted only a 30 amp connection on a rotted post even though I specifically asked for a 50 amp service. It was only then, after I had been hooked up to water and sewer and electrical that the wind shifted, and I discovered what the facility was across the street. It was the sewage treatment facility!!! Since there were campers in close proximity to me, I thought "How bad can it be?" "If they can take it, so can I." Then the sewage sucker trucks started to arrive. Huge sewage haul trucks sucked sewage from the facility day and night for the next 3 days making incredible noise, stench and dust. After the truck parade din started one morning at 0645 I complained to the office in person. I got a polite apology from the lady behind the desk who added I was welcome to find another spot for my coach. No offer to find a spot for me; no offer to refund my payment, no explanation of why it was necessary to subject the guest to this awful mess. No other campers are anywhere near me now. They have moved out over the past few days to other parks and destinations. The seasonal residents are not pleased with the situation either according to those I have spoken with on the street and in nearby yards. I suggest that until this facility gets its act together, transient or short term campers with motorhomes find other accommodations. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

charlie&linda

We have stayed her in past years while visiting friends in Venice. Very accommodating office help. PPA operator told us we could not get 50% rate, but park gave it to us. Only negative to this park: 1 - It is not set up for big rigs; 2 - roads require close attention to maneuvering, and 3 - appears subject to flooding in certain areas. We would highly recommend this park and will use in future. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

melissabrvs

Huge, excellent park. Some roads a little narrow, but passable with a big rig. Staff is excellent. Brand new pools and play area. Very convenient to I-75 and US-41. I would have given it a 10 but it's pretty expensive: price reflects Monthly rate. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Fifth Wheel.

User3367

We did not have a very good experience. We had booked 2 nights in a "standard" site, which put us in the older section of the park. The environment was pleasant. It was mostly permanent set ups with a few sites for transients like us. We ran into an issue the next morning that was (in my opinion) not handled well by any of the staff. Briefly, it got quite cold the first night. In the morning, I could hear our electrical management system cycling between shore power and battery because of a low voltage condition. The electrical infrastructure in that part of the park could not handle the demands from the residents firing up their heaters. The maintenance people first blamed me. It was painfully clear that they didn't know the difference between volts and amps, and the only solution the office could come up with was to move us to a premium site for an up charge. I just fired up the generator and endured the remaining time. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Too-wow

Rate reflects Passport America. We stayed here because it was close to friends we wanted to see. I specifically requested a pull -through site and was given a very large, easy to maneuver site. IF you choose this campground, understand that the bulk of sites are park models or small mobile homes, with permanent residents. All of them we met were friendly. The bathhouse we used was new and well maintained. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Our site was lovely and had lots of room. Those are all the Pluses. There are some negatives: The campground is laid out in concentric rings and has offshoots of other rings. That is good for infrastructure but can make it confusing to get around. Also, the roads ARE narrow, but if you have trouble driving your rig on these roads, maybe you should consider a smaller rig. Wi-Fi is free for 4 hours; but I couldn't pick it up. I asked at the office and they said others in the area got it. So they gave me an additional 8 hours of coupons for free Wi-Fi. However, that didn't mean I'd get hooked up, and I never did; I had to go to the office and sit on a park bench. Yes, trash and recycle are all at the front and no pick-up at your site. If you are far from the front, it is a long walk. Finally, our sewer was NOT raised up; it was actually sunk in the ground and I didn't see it until after we were parked. It was impossible to get the top unscrewed so we ended up driving to their dump station. That was equally bad; water in the drain to within 12" of the top. It created a "messy situation" when it backed up. All that said, we WOULD stay here again if visiting in the area. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Thomas Coopman

This is an old, old park. Very tight to get into and out of. Over priced with few amenities. No WiFi or cable. At least the roads were paved. Our site was grass. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Chbronson

This is a nice peaceful park. It has lots of trees (=lots of shade), smells a bit like you're in the forest. Most sites are indeed for longterm stays in mobile homes. RV sites are grass only. Yes, there are a few potholes but if your rig survived the potholes on the interstates at 65 mph, it'll also survive these here at 10 mph. Bath/restrooms are a bit old but clean. It has a beautiful riverfront and there are a couple of benches to sit and lurk for gators. Staff was friendly and helpful. Alternating activities are offered within the park (e.g. the time I've been here, one evening was karaoke night). Would stay here again. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Truck Camper.

coolchas11

Not a bad park. There are many permanent sites, but all is kept up well. Park models and permanent mobile homes. The rv section is apart from others. Grass sites and level. We were in #128 which faced the woods so it was fairly "private." We used an Encore promo which had us pay for two nites and the 3rd was free. Without question we would stay there again when visiting relatives in Venice. The roads are paved, but get good directions to your site as the roads are tight in areas. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

buckeye1268

We came to this RV park after a couple of others that we had checked with were full. We read the previous reviews and should have paid more attention to them. We just hoped that in a year it had improved. Well, it hasn't! The roads within the park are for one vehicle only; if you meet someone, one of you has to back up. The roads are poorly maintained, full of pot holes along with being quite narrow. The site we were on was fairly level, but also very tight to get into and out of. Had anyone been home across the way when we got there or left, we would have not made it. The sewer connections are all higher than normal, so as they say, it needs to flow up hill. A neighbor that is in a permanent told us they raised all the sewer connections to keep the ground water out. While we were there it rained and the park turns into a muddy swamp. The drainage is just non existent, so it stayed that way for several days. They have Wi-Fi & cable at an additional cost, but there was not any reception for the wifi at the site we were on. The park itself is very old with mostly permanents. We definitely would not stay here again. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Fifth Wheel.

5thwheeler

Read the January 09 review as it is right on the mark. We add that we were here on a special Encore promo to meet with family and were given a 30 amp only site. The power box was really low to the ground and the sewer connection ( we needed 40 feet of hose ) was the strangest we have ever encountered. The sewer and power says that this is an old park with mostly park models. The trash was a lengthy walk from our site and not centrally located and they don't offer a morning trash pick up. We we under the trees and therefore our satellite dish on top wouldn't pick up. The sites are typical Encore - very narrow & tight. The exit route out of the park is very narrow and a driving challenge. The special rate because of our memberships made this an OK park but their normal rate would keep us out of this park. They should upgrade their wi-fi and just make it free as part of the fee. The park is 20-30 minutes from the beaches but for these and the other kids activities (except pool/volley ball/ping pong) one has to get in your vehicle and leave the park. You're a distance from shopping/dining. The back part of the park is on the Myakka River but while I watched nobody caught anything except branches and debris. We would stay here if we needed to visit family again, especially for the price. Every park resident and the staff was outgoing and friendly and that's a big plus. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Fifth Wheel.

rvforlife

Lots to do!! Tons of activities, beautiful views of ponds and lakes. Great campground with very friendly staff. Kid friendly except for all of the alligators. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

geotraveler

This is an big and friendly park. Some sections are beautiful, especially near the river. However, the park has some serious drainage problems, especially in the circular central area. Due to that, there are pot-holed roads and big puddles to drive through. As difficult as it is to wash an RV, you may not appreciate leaving with mud-covered tires and fenders, especially at $62 a night. With updating and road work, Rambler's Rest has the location and potential to be a 10. In my estimation, however, it rates a 6. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Top Tips for this Campground

• Close to Venice, Punta Gorda, Fort Myers.

neilmcb2002March 2015

Are you affiliated with Rambler's Rest RV?