Rambler's Rest RV

Recent Rate: $26 4/2016

Longitude: -82.3216509819031

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $26.00

This was our 2nd visit. It's a wonderful little park with lots of full timers in Park models scattered around. There are also lots of seasonal folks. So as a transient, you get squeezed into an available slot. Ours was tight, the neighbors in a trailer on one side had previously set up a screen tent partially on our site and almost on the power/water pedestal. Someone at an adjacent campsite had taken the picnic table, so we had none. My point is: BEFORE accepting and going to a site, take the time here to drive to it and check it out. Oh, yeah, the sewer hookup was so far away, I couldn't reach it even with the extension hose I carry. Last time we were here, we had trouble finding the sewer as well. So when we come again, I will ask for 3 available sites and drive to them and look before blindly accepting. OK, that's the real downside. On the plus side, they have put a lot of money into the club house, pool, hot tub and new sewer connectors. Folks we met were all friendly and staff was very helpful. With PA rates, it is well worth the inconvenience. We will be back. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $70.00

We have been here many times and enjoyed our visit. This time not so much. We were in loop C, across from the sewer treatment plant, smelly and noisy. There had been quite a bit of rain in the weeks prior to our time here and our grassy space was mostly mud. There was a tree in a bad spot, making backing in a bit tricky. For the most part this is a pleasant place, helpful staff, pleasant neighbors, paved roads, clean restrooms and showers. We will be back, as we have enjoyed previous visits. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

loop C space 57

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $66.00

Sometimes finding a spot, even for a night, in January in Florida is quite difficult. Ramblers Rest was accomodating and let us slip into a spot with very little notice. They had just had a severe storm the night before and there was standing water everywhere. We were given a choice of three and we picked the least flooded site (C183). It was grass with a picnic table and only electric and water. We were right across from the laundry and bathrooms, both of which appeared clean. There was no WiFi and no cable. The park was fairly clean and neat, but very crowded and busy. Everyone was very pleasant. The streets (paths, really) are asphalt but only wide enough for one vehicle, but everyone would go careful by each other. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

C183

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $50.00

I wish I could give this park more stars. It's a nice park while I think the price is a bit much even in season they are right on par with other parks for the time of year. What I didn't like is how tight the roads into the park are. You can only have one vehicle on them at a time. The turns are so tight it took us well over an hour to get to and into our spot. In the process we got stuck just on the turns 4 times and almost took out a fence. The trees provide great shade but are just a pain when moving your RV. On the way out we almost took out a sign on one turn. Our spot flooded with the slightest rain and no matter what we did we couldn't get level. With that said the park itself is nice and has great amenities. My kids loved the splash park. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Travel Trailer.

E35A

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $27.00

We have stayed here several times and always enjoy this park. It is very large, with a lot of activities for long term stays. There are a lot of permanent people, all rather nice, quiet, with well maintained units. The temporary spaces are interspersed with the permanent ones, all on grass and have been very level. The staff is friendly and helpful. The roads are paved and wide enough for the larger rigs. The public facilities are kept neat and clean. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

E69

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $28.00

A big dog eared, but good overall. Helpful staff. Asked for a pull thru after we arrived and they obliged for $3.50 more per nite - Back in would have been $23.50. We were assigned one of the 4 concrete pads - luck of draw! We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

c-141

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $65.00

The facilities for common areas are almost all new. Problem is the RV sites. There is an area towards the back at the Myakka River front mostly for short term guests but we were placed in the main portion of the park. That was where the problem came up. Mostly permanent residents in older, static trailers.

Picnic tables and on RV site equipment is generally worn and old.

Everyone was pleasant but this wound up the most expensive and most disappointing place we stayed. There are other, nicer, less expensive RV parks. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

C 54

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $38.00

Stayed here for a month, mid Feb to Mid Mar so had to estimate the daily cost. Excellent front entrance and pool area. Rumour is the pool and office are new. 650 sites of which half are permanent units (half of those have full time residents). Some very nice sites and as always some not so nice sites. Campground was established many years ago so roads are narrow, some sites very cramped, infrastructure needs updating, my 30 amp electrical panel fell apart when I attempted to plug in. They had a blackwater handling equipment on site and there are some RV sites very near so if you are fortunate to get a site nearby, you get to listen to the pumps running all night and get to smell the sewage. Has lots of activities to keep one busy, very close to Venice. Our site was very tight, had to park our truck across the street. Would I return next year - don't think so. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Fifth Wheel.

C43

Close to Venice, Punta Gorda, Fort Myers.

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $25.00

The spot was level, easy to get into and the grounds were well maintained. The roads were paved. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. Most of the people seem to be permanent residence and all seemed friendly. We will visit again. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Rabbit Run Road

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $71.00

When we arrived office was closed from 11 to 3 for training. Their whole power distribution system needs updated. We were having low voltage trip outs on our surge protector during cooler times. When maintenance was contacted said we could move but, it was happening all over the park and said it was Florida Power and Lights issue because of not providing enough power. When we did get to our site the 50 amp breaker would not reset. Also water was shut off and was not told at time of check in since office was closed. Roads are very narrow and hard to move around. When it did rain several roads flooded as along with some sites. Many extra charges for the price you pay monthly during peak season. For example a laundry card, on site post office box, cable, and WiFi. Also, you pay extra for electric if you stay longer than 30 days and we did not know that at time of check it until checking out. The dumpster kept jamming up and over flowing and instead of getting an extra dumpster they just used a wood sided wooded trailer and it over flowed several times with trash on ground. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $40.00

I drive a 40' motorhome and tow a small trailer for my motorcycle. I asked for a pull-through lot for a week. "We don't have them" was the reply. I subsequently found they had several, but that is another story. We reserved a place on line and checked in midday for a week. I knew when I had to ask someone where the office was we may have a problem. There were no signs directing visitors to the office building until well after we arrived. Payment was in advance via credit card. Problems arose right away. No one escorted me to my site. I had to follow a shaky line drawn on a map of the park. The roads within the park are one vehicle wide. Driving an 8' wide vehicle that is very heavy with a wide turning radius in these narrow streets lined with trees and palms was challenging. I got to my assigned site (C-58) and got parked by dropping my trailer on the street, and backing in to the space. I noted only a 30 amp connection on a rotted post even though I specifically asked for a 50 amp service. It was only then, after I had been hooked up to water and sewer and electrical that the wind shifted, and I discovered what the facility was across the street. It was the sewage treatment facility!!! Since there were campers in close proximity to me, I thought "How bad can it be?" "If they can take it, so can I." Then the sewage sucker trucks started to arrive. Huge sewage haul trucks sucked sewage from the facility day and night for the next 3 days making incredible noise, stench and dust. After the truck parade din started one morning at 0645 I complained to the office in person. I got a polite apology from the lady behind the desk who added I was welcome to find another spot for my coach. No offer to find a spot for me; no offer to refund my payment, no explanation of why it was necessary to subject the guest to this awful mess. No other campers are anywhere near me now. They have moved out over the past few days to other parks and destinations. The seasonal residents are not pleased with the situation either according to those I have spoken with on the street and in nearby yards. I suggest that until this facility gets its act together, transient or short term campers with motorhomes find other accommodations. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $47.00

We have stayed her in past years while visiting friends in Venice. Very accommodating office help. PPA operator told us we could not get 50% rate, but park gave it to us. Only negative to this park: 1 - It is not set up for big rigs; 2 - roads require close attention to maneuvering, and 3 - appears subject to flooding in certain areas. We would highly recommend this park and will use in future. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $53.00

Huge, excellent park. Some roads a little narrow, but passable with a big rig. Staff is excellent. Brand new pools and play area. Very convenient to I-75 and US-41. I would have given it a 10 but it's pretty expensive: price reflects Monthly rate. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $63.00

We did not have a very good experience. We had booked 2 nights in a "standard" site, which put us in the older section of the park. The environment was pleasant. It was mostly permanent set ups with a few sites for transients like us. We ran into an issue the next morning that was (in my opinion) not handled well by any of the staff. Briefly, it got quite cold the first night. In the morning, I could hear our electrical management system cycling between shore power and battery because of a low voltage condition. The electrical infrastructure in that part of the park could not handle the demands from the residents firing up their heaters. The maintenance people first blamed me. It was painfully clear that they didn't know the difference between volts and amps, and the only solution the office could come up with was to move us to a premium site for an up charge. I just fired up the generator and endured the remaining time. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $23.00

Rate reflects Passport America. We stayed here because it was close to friends we wanted to see. I specifically requested a pull -through site and was given a very large, easy to maneuver site. IF you choose this campground, understand that the bulk of sites are park models or small mobile homes, with permanent residents. All of them we met were friendly. The bathhouse we used was new and well maintained. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Our site was lovely and had lots of room. Those are all the Pluses. There are some negatives: The campground is laid out in concentric rings and has offshoots of other rings. That is good for infrastructure but can make it confusing to get around. Also, the roads ARE narrow, but if you have trouble driving your rig on these roads, maybe you should consider a smaller rig. Wi-Fi is free for 4 hours; but I couldn't pick it up. I asked at the office and they said others in the area got it. So they gave me an additional 8 hours of coupons for free Wi-Fi. However, that didn't mean I'd get hooked up, and I never did; I had to go to the office and sit on a park bench. Yes, trash and recycle are all at the front and no pick-up at your site. If you are far from the front, it is a long walk. Finally, our sewer was NOT raised up; it was actually sunk in the ground and I didn't see it until after we were parked. It was impossible to get the top unscrewed so we ended up driving to their dump station. That was equally bad; water in the drain to within 12" of the top. It created a "messy situation" when it backed up. All that said, we WOULD stay here again if visiting in the area. We camped at Rambler's Rest RV in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Rambler's Rest RV?