8.8 Excellent

• Boating Boating yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Reed Bingham State Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $30.00

Excellent park. Can't say enough about it. No sewage in Loop 1. All but 5 sites in Loop 2 have sewage. Dump station available. 12 sites in Loop 2 have 50 amp. Family and sports oriented. Staff and hosts are great. There are 7 hiking trails, .3 to 1.1 miles, and 1 water trail. The campground loops and road to the day area are great for biking and walking if you do not want to take to the nature trails. The park is up to date and well maintained with well laid out camp sites and huge day area. Bath houses and restrooms throughout the park are excellent. Small camp store and souvenir shop. Bike and kayak rentals. Not too far to Adel for major needs. We stayed here at Halloween. Displays at the campground and haunted houses at the day area. Fun weekend. The park has a monthly program agenda of interesting fun things. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Motorhome.

Hike or bike the nature trails. Rent a kayak and go for the water trail. Bicycle rental available.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $38.00

Beautiful park with clean, spacious sites. It's a great park for children to ride bikes. Our grandson loves mini golf and they have a fun 18 hole course, but the ants were horrible and I mean horrible! (I did speak to a couple of the staff about this) We plan to stay again soon and hope that measures have been taken to help with the ants because we probably will play golf again. The lake is beautiful. Even though we didn't go boating, we did use the beach area once. Really wish it had a pool. My husband walked the trails and ended up with MANY redbugs, but he loves the woods and I'm sure he'd do it again. Just be sure to use bug spray. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Travel Trailer.

We enjoyed one delicious dinner at The Catfish House. Wal Mart is conveniently located just off I 75 in Adel as well as Piggly Wiggly. The Green Frog has a huge selection of clothes and shoes for the whole family and I found some great deals for my grandson. Hope to shop there again on my next trip.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $30.00

We only stayed here one night on the way from Florida to Warm Springs Georgia. Wish we had more time to explore this park. Only about 6 miles from the interstate so it makes a great stop over. The only additional cost is $5 for parking fee since we are not Georgia residents. Big open spaces, no sewer but that is fine for one night. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $38.00

Booking online no senior discount is applied. However at check-in staff will refund a 20% discount to you credit card. Campground is six miles from I-75 making it a good stopover for traveling north or south. Campground facilities are well maintained and clean. Most sites are gravel pull-though. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Travel Trailer.

33 reservation only

Featured Campgrounds Near Reed Bingham State Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

Loop 2 preferred for shade. Our site #27 looked great until it rained. Our pad was literally covered by about 2 inches of water. It did drain, but sure made for a messy experience - sand on everything. The squirrels chewed holes through our brand new screenhouse didn't help my mood. The gnats were pretty bad. I stayed in the camper a lot. We never managed a fire due to rain. On the positive - it's a very nice campground - lots of space between sites. Nice neighbors. Lots of gopher tortoises. Everywhere! Full hookups were great! We had mostly good cell access, but in the afternoons during rain, the towers were apparently slammed and both Verizon and ATT went to no service or 1x with little access. We tried our booster and it helped some, but if you were trying to work, it would be very frustrating. Also cable available - that was nice. We enjoyed hikes - took Little River Trail out to the overlooks - wonderful boardwalk most of the way. Great views. There were no Pitcher plants on the Pitcher Plant Trail. The Turkey Oak Trail did have some gopher tortoises. So did the gopher tortoise loop. The Little River Trail becomes a bit of a challenge north of the second overlook - the bugs became horrendous. Mosquitoes and gnats. Then we took the Birdwalk Trail back as it was starting to thunder. The short answer - don't do it. The trail is under water between the middle and most southerly shelter. Underwater enough with mucky bottom that it is dangerous. Just after we got out of the unexpected water, the skies opened up and we were drenched getting back to the parking lot. We started camping for adventures - this was definitely an adventure. No harm in the end, but be aware and bring a dry bag for your electronics and a hiking stick and rubber boots! We will return, try a different site and maybe come before high gnat and monsoon season! We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Travel Trailer.

2-27

The Catfish House Restaurant is just in front of the park. Only open weekends. We had mixed opinions on this - the catfish were great, the shrimp were great. The other seafood on the platter was Cisco and not so good. If you like the standard American beers, they have them and sweet tea. We drank the remaining single craft beer and the single cider. LOL! Their prices are a bit high, but it is very convenient.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

This has become one of our go to parks in this part of Georgia. The vast majority of the sites are large and clean. Many in Loop 2 have 50 amp and complete hook ups but not all so check ahead. The bathrooms are new and spotless. the hosts are very friendly and always out keeping things clean. The lake is beautiful and excellent for fishing and kayaking - kayaks are available for rent at the ranger station. We have stayed here at sites 35, 36, and 26 - all were excellent. There are many hiking trails and lots of geo-caches if you interested in that activity. The nearest grocery store is a WalMart just to the wst side of I75. But if you go on over into Adel there is also a Piggly Wiggly and a Harveys - always like to support local business. Drives are easily maneuverable for most any size of rig. Most sites have cable but I got the same channels on OTA except in the pouring rain when I got nothing!! All-in-all, a great campground. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Travel Trailer.

If you are there on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night - go to the Catfish Place Restaurant right outside the park. They have excellent fried catfish, hush puppies, and other southern delights. Some nights there is live music outside and everybody is family. Also when you are going back towards Adel, stop at the Red Barn produce stand back off on Roundtree McCrane Road - a red clay road that takes you back to a red barn. They are a commercial farm and whatever they are picking is for sale and chances are it was picked that morning. We have had amazing strawberries, field peas (Aunt Sallies), fresh onions, and the best homemade strawberry ice cream.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $31.00

This was just an overnight stop for us on the road through Georgia, but once we got here we wished we could have stayed longer. It's a beautiful park, clean and well-kept. Our pull-through site was easy to navigate, and the way the campground is laid out there is plenty of room to throw a ball or play badminton. We saw bats flying overhead in the evening, that's always really neat! The hookups were convenient, and cable was a nice plus. This is one we'll put on our "hope to return" list. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $35.00

What a pleasant surprise. We used this park as a night over but had we known how great it was we would have stayed another night. The sites are spacious, the area is vast, the trails are inviting, and the restrooms were clean and relatively new. Our level pull-through site was plenty long for our 45 ft motorhome plus tow. It had been upgraded with 50 amp, sewer, water and I think cable. It was about 7 mile off I-75 so convenient but not too much road noise; however, as is always the case, you can hear trucks in the am. It didn't impact our visit. There is a lake where folks fish, lot of open green space and nice walking trails. We never interacted with the staff since we had a reservation and knew our site so I can't comment on that aspect. I'm sitting in another campground further down the highway now which is tight and dusty. I'm thinking fondly of Reed Bingham State Park. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Motorhome.

Go into Adel for Fried Chicken at Empire. It's a hole in the wall but the service was wonderfully friendly. We went for breakfast which was good but drove back on our way out of town so my husband could get some fried chicken. Worth the time!

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $22.00

There's not really anything to add from my previous review from 2 years ago and from the other positive reviews from fellow campers since then, other that you can reserve specific premium sites now which is a big plus as far as I'm concerned. My only negative is the lack of 50 amp sites. Even though I was in a premium site, mine was only 30 amp, but the sites on either side of me had 50 amp. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Catfish House right outside the park entrance is very good. Only open on Thurs., Friday and Saturday though for dinner only.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $30.00

Fantastic park in a great location. Loop 1 is all 30 amp with new sewer. Loop 2: most have sewer and most have 50 amp. Interior roads are great and pads are gravel. Most sites have at least some shade and the sites on the back side...30s...of loop 2 are very shaded. Reservations are site-specific with discounts for senior. Georgia parks also offer snow bird discounts of 30-50% depending on park during Dec-Feb.

Lake, swim beach, boat. They do rent kayak, canoe, and john boats (not powered). Nice river feeds to the damn. Gators are present but we have never had a problem; just be smart. NOTE: Please do NOT feed gators and don't bring your pets onto the water with you. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The Big Pig Jig is the first weekend of November about an hour north of here. This is Georgia's premier BBQ contest with food, music, etc. Plenty of food and shopping nearby. Hike, bike, check out the tortoise trail. Have fun.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $38.00

As we checked in we were met by two friendly folks behind the counter who greeted us and were more than accommodating with our request to move to a 50 amp site. Campground is easy to get to, easy to get around in and the sites are large and well maintained. There are a good number of pull thru sites for overnighters coming off of I-75. At the check in there is a camp store with a fairly good selection of items including state park and Reed Bingham hats and t-shirts. Got about 20 OTA tv stations. What's not to like here. Overall a super overnight stay. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Take a walk to the lake and dam...very pretty.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

Nice park with lots of space between sites. Sites are crushed gravel and level. There is a combination of back in and pull through sites dependent upon your need. We drove the park and there really isn't a bad spot for camping. Nice bath houses in the center of the RV loops so that makes it a quick easy walk to them. There are a few short walking trails which gives you the opportunity to see wildlife. There is a 375 acre lake for fishing, kayaking or canoeing. You will be pleasantly surprised at how nice the park is compared to what you see online. We will definitely stay here again! We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Travel Trailer.

No Others In Sight, Spacious

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $32.00

This is a terrific park. The spots are large and private. There's a lovely lake and lots of grass and beautiful shade trees. The area around our campsite though was sandy and made for very messy dogs, and the trails were all closed for maintenance because we were there less than 2 weeks after hurricane Irma. We will definitely return to try again. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Motorhome.

No Others In Sight

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $38.00

Clean, well spaced out sites. Would love to come back when it is cooler. Great place for a weekend. We stopped here on our way back from red top mountain state park to home in Orlando since it is almost exactly half way. Easy access to park from i75. And easy access into sites and campground. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $31.00

Clean, well maintained. We only stayed one night but it looked like a great place for fishing and boating on the lake. Spacious lots offering some shade. Site surface was gravel and grass, featuring a fire ring and picnic table. We camped at Reed Bingham State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Reed Bingham State Park

Are you affiliated with Reed Bingham State Park ?