8.6 Excellent

• Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Blythe Island Regional Park Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

We enjoyed our stay here a great deal. There is both fresh and saltwater fishing. Nice shady pull through spot with a small concrete pad. Little sandy, but it's camping. There are free range domestic rabbits everywhere, which are fun to watch. We will be back! We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand

The Lighthouse on Saint Simmons is nearby and worth the trip. Nice little downtown area there. We enjoyed fishing off at the pier at the park.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

The site was very clean and very large. This was a full hook up site. The fire pit was placed a nice distance from the RV parking area. We were able to get Verizon and a few over the air channels. The sites are quite shady and there is a good amount of vegetation between sites which gives adequate privacy. There is cable hookup. It is a good place to stay to visit St. Simon's Island and Jekyll. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

A few miles from I-95. We were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful park-like setting. After driving over several good sized speed bumps, the dirt roads were as smooth as pavement. Drivers of large motorhomes need to pay attention to the well trimmed trees, a couple of which were set only a foot off the pavement - no problem, but pay attention. The tall canopy of trees gives this lovely park a rare "camping" feel. These well-spaced RV sites are full hook up with 50 and 30 amp and all are wide and flat with cement pads for the picnic tables. The perimeter pull thru sites are the longest I have ever seen! The park map denotes an area for monthly rentals, but this campground is so well maintained, that they were indistinguishable from the others. That is a rarity. There is a small lake on the property with a swim area, and a lovely foot bridge for a nature walk. It was muddy when we went so we didn't make it too far without the proper shoes. I would have loved to drag the kayaks down for a paddle, but we were just too tired. The park also boasts a boat ramp and fishing pier onto the South Brunswick River. Well constructed shelters cover picnic tables and are available for rent. We plan to return this fall for a longer stay when we travel south to explore the wooded bike and hiking paths, and perhaps kayak. Jekyll and St. Simons Islands are a short distance away. Site #80 has a tree that could interfere with a slide. I would not care for sites 41 or 42 just because of the way they are situated. Our site #79 was perfect. This place is so lovely we are considering bringing a group from our RV club to see the sights of the Golden Isles area. We were there on a Thursday night, and the campground was very quiet. No trains, traffic or planes. Cable available but my husband had trouble with snowy signal (may have been operator-error) no over-the-air reception. Verizon signal excellent. Didn't try wireless internet. Propane fill available. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand

Friendly neighbor told us about the incredible food a B & J Seafood Restaurant in Darien, GA. Portions are huge.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $50.00

This is our second stay at this park which has very large sites with easy maneuverbility even for large rigs. All sites have a cement pad, large picnic table and fire ring. If you buy firewood @ the office, they deliver to your site. The campground/Park is in close proximity of Jekyll Island and St Simons. Great place to hike and bike. Only downside was poor connectivity to their WiFi. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Dirt

Featured Campgrounds Near Blythe Island Regional Park Campground

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

We adored this park! It was gorgeous. Lots of shade with beautiful Spanish moss. Cool, old school throwback playground. Tons of bike trails. My favorite part of all was the bunny rabbit population. Apparently the park is a sanctuary for pet bunnies that have to re-homed. There were literally hundreds of adorable bunnies that would eat out of your hand. We were headed to Disney and only got to stay one night but even with a Disney trip looming in our future, we all wished we could've stayed another night! We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Sand

Bring food for the bunnies!!! Be sure to walk/bike the trail by the water. Very scenic!

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $39.00

This was my second stay here. The facility is in GREAT condition, showers are big and clean, great hiking trails, well groomed. The staff warned me that the WiFi could be ify, but I learned that the WiFi antennas are mounted on the restroom/shower buildings, so this time I picked a site close to one and the signal was great. I was running late and called to notify them that I would be arriving like 2345, they gave me the gate code, and taped a map with my name on it on the ck - in office door, really helped out in the dark. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $36.00

We camped here 4 nights on a first time visit to Brunswick. The facilities are nice. The camping area is wooded and very shady. The sites are sand. However, each site has a concrete patio. There are nearby salt marshes lakes and hiking trails. Watch for the rabbits around the office area. There is a rabbit hutch, but many rabbits wander loose through the surrounding area. The park has a marina with launching area and fishing piers. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $31.00

The park and campground are beautiful. Very shaded but we were able to sneak in between limbs to pickup Directv satellites (the park has pretty good cable but we have the NFL package on Directv so we needed the satellite so my husband could watch his games). The WiFi was not that great but I can't complain at the rate we paid. Our AT&T phone service worked fine. There are a TON of rabbits at the campground. While riding our bikes we saw pens with babies in them so I'm not sure if they breed them or just offer a safe haven for them. They are not very timid. While sitting by the campfire, one came within 5 feet of us. The raccoons aren't very timid either so you probably need to watch your trash (we had one raccoon come up the stairs to our camper and look in the door - LOL). We didn't leave any food outside so they weren't a problem. My only complaint would be the no alcohol rule. Even the state parks allow alcohol on your site but this one does not allow it at all. I would have appreciated them posting this on the website so we were aware of the rule before venturing down there. I enjoy having a glass of wine while sitting by the campfire and I'm way too old to be sneaking around! We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $36.00

The park has both back-in and pull-through sites that are spacious with palms/bushes between sites and convenient to I-95, Brunswick, and Saint Simon's and Jekyll Islands. The sites are sand/dirt with a cement patio, picnic table, and fire pit. One of the first campgrounds we have been to in a long time that the picnic table was not beat up. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Our fire pit looked like someone had tried to pull it out of the ground and was unusable. When we reported it to the office, the very next morning two fellows arrived and fixed the fire ring. There is a nice lake, small beach, and laundry with three washers and dryers. The park itself is very nice, however we had to clean up our site upon arrival from a large number of cigarette butts and some trash items. We were disappointed that to fish in the lake, there is a $5.00 permit fee per person plus a $5.00 deposit each for the permit. Additionally, if you want to use your own kayak there is another $5.00 fee. For hubby and I to fish out of our own kayak for one day, we would have to pay $25.00 with $10.00 refundable. That just seems ridiculous. There are a number of RVs that are parked in sites either for the summer or permanently and used on weekends. We arrived on a Sunday and left on a weekday. There were many sites where RVs were parked, but no one was there. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

We have camped here many times and have never been disappointed - a great example of how good a local park can be. Excellent sites and facilities (wifi is poor though) but we do notice a few downgrades. One, and another reviewer mentioned this, what is the point of posting strong rules if you do not take measures to enforce them? There is a 5 mph speed limit posted but apparent long term guests and even park staff fly through here fast enough to spread dust everywhere. Two, the beach area on the lake has several NO PETS signs posted, but we saw almost daily people with their dogs in the water. So, a lot of rules, but very little enforcement - that needs improving. Also, we noticed grass had not been cut in some time on this visit and many people, though no fault of the park, do not clean up after their dogs, and the park would be wise to offer waste bags for this purpose. Still, this is a good park and we'd recommend it - just needs a bit more "policing" and attention to detail. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $38.00

Nice and clean. It has a pond with a 'beach' for play and relaxation, and a river for some serious fishing. The pier at the river has been destroyed, but plans are in the making to rebuild soon. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

Just an overnight stay. We requested a pull thru so we didn't have to unhook toad. They only had 30amp which we took and made do. Campgrounds were very clean. Nicely wooded but sandy sites with a concrete pad for the picnic table provided. We walked the park in the evening and met several nice campers who were very intrigued with our bus ('87 Bluebird Wanderlodge). The county park appears to be heavily used by locals launching boats on Fancy Bluff Creek. I had thought they had a small store or canteen but didn't see one. I also didn't locate the dog area. Interesting note: A full time camper "cautioned" us about alcoholic beverages. Sure enough, signs displayed at check in facility and various other locals indicate "No Alchol nor firearms". That's a first for us to see in all our travels. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

Just an overnight stay, but found the campsites to be spacious and clean. Friendly staff. We purchased firewood (choice of pine or oak) and it was delivered to the site. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $36.00

Very helpful staff and has a really nice marina. Good fishing. Campsites are extremely tight with very little space in between. Making some of the turns require a second and third effort. Great area for boating/kayaking. Heavy vegetation between sites. We didn't have enough room to fully extend both the pop out and awning. Had to settle for 3/4 extended awning without it rubbing on a tree and yes, I was centered. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

B-20
Sand
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Good fishing and boating.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $36.00

First, follow the directions they send in their email confirmation. Stay on I-95 until exit 29 for a very easy drive in. Better than GPS instructions to get off exit 36. We stayed once before, over 10 years ago. It is a very pretty place. We have a short rig so we were assigned a short site. There were trees between us and neighbors and enough room for us. We were only overnighting. The one thing I didn't care for is the trees capture any and all campfire smoke and it all stagnates in the campground, doesn't rise up or get carried out by breezes. It can easily drift inside our rig so we have to close up the windows, not enjoy fresh air. The site was pretty level and we were right across from the bathhouse. There were two toilets, old but clean. There were two showers but they shared a changing area. If I wanted a shower and privacy to change and dry off, I could lock a door but that would leave the other shower inaccessible to another person. Very awkward arrangement. There was another bathhouse where every shower was a separate room with door access to the outside. We had a code to get in to any shower. Made up for the other bathhouse. We took a very nice walk through the grounds. It was packed, no spaces open. I know why it is so popular, having enjoyed time here in the past. One thing I really liked was a concrete patio next to the parking spot. We could open the awning over it and step right out onto it from the rv, keeping the dirt and sand debris down inside. There weren't many over the air tv stations and those we found were shopping stations so we caved and connected to cable. Oddly many were snowy and we couldn't connect to any listed station above 99. The connection on the pole we had was corroded and could have been the issue. No problem for one night but I wouldn't be happy if there a week. This is a good stop in a route we use yearly now so I know we will return. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Blythe Island Regional Park Campground

Are you affiliated with Blythe Island Regional Park Campground ?