Jenny's Creek Campground

Recent Rate: $30 10/2010

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • yes-stream Waterfront Waterfront yes-stream

J. Hitchccock

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $30.00

Full hookups on the pond were very close. Hookups were shared by 2 campsites. The electric box only had two 30 amp plugs one for each campsite. We had site 21, which was unlevel and tight for our 26 foot motorhome. We could not get the camper level even with 4 inches of blocks under the front and side. The site was dirt with a small amount of gravel. Interior roads were gravel but washed out with big ruts. Mostly tent sites. When I started out for my morning walk, I was asked by the campground attendant where and I was going and what I was looking for. I did not feel comfortable here and would not go back. We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Motorhome.

dynacopas

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $35.00

Very nice park. The female owner was nice. We would stay here again. The bathrooms and showers were clean. However getting in and out was sort of a challenge. We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Dave GA

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $20.00

We had an extremely poor experience here. The property next door houses a large concrete and steel dog kennel, containing about 25 dogs (I think they are pit bulls). These dogs bark, snarl, and fight all night. We actually broke camp and left at 2 AM the first night, because it was impossible to sleep. To make matters worse, the park manager was unsympathetic to the problem, and refused to make any refund or adjustment, and charged us for the full 3 nights. I would highly recommend to avoid this place, especially for families with children. The dogs are very scary. We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Tent.

david0314

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $40.00

Stayed there about four years ago under different owners and had a good time, but not this time. I was very disappointed with this stay. The female owner was VERY rude. They charged for full hook up but was having problems with the sewage so we unable to dump for two days but still had to pay the full price. Also they try to charge for every vehicle and every passenger that came in to visit, at a rate of $5.00 each. It was about like paying to stay at a landfill. We will not go back. We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

charmagne

Date of Stay: June, 2006 - $25.00

We had a hard time driving into the park. We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Motorhome.

k2bikerider

Date of Stay: November, 2005 - $22.00

Staff was very nice, and very friendly, sites were small though, and road narrow. WiFI worked well, and seemed to be full speed DSL, not lite..was on a Linksys G router, which is a positive thing. Everything was clean though. We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

We have stayed at Jenny's Creek Family Campground many many times since the Troups
purchased the campground. We have found the family atmosphere very pleasant, with the rules strickly enforced concerning, noise, behavior, pets, etc. Bathhouses are checked several times a day and are kept clean and sanitary. They are continuing to improve the facilities and it is a relaxing place to stay. We take our young grandsons with us and feel comfortable letting them explore the area without constant supervision. There is a one acre lake with fish. A large mouth bass is mounted in office from the lake. It also has a stream through the tent camping area. The Troups have special activities on holidays and every Saturday in Oct., such as hay rides, games and entertainment. On most weekends they have a nondenominational worship service. The negative comments expressed by the anonymous writer makes one wonder if maybe he may be the problem, not the campground. We will continue to frequent the campground as long as the Troups own it. We have had nothing but wonderful times there, with friendly courteous and helpful service. The Corleys We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

This is a beautiful campground in the North Georgia mountains. It is a small family owned
and operated private campground. The owners are very friendly and courteous. The bathrooms were the nicest I have ever seen and even had pretty ivy stenciling on the walls. The campsites are well shaded and there was plenty of room for our pop up camper. We truly enjoyed our 5 day stay at this campground. There was some noise from the nearby 2 lane highway. During the time of year we were there (late fall), there was not too much traffic on this road. I would recommend a site on either side of the pond and stay away from sites right on the highway. We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

We stayed here for a week during Thanksgiving 2003 and loved it. The owners were great and the campground was very clean. The bathrooms were very clean. The owner was very watchful over the campsite - meaning no cars got in without him noticing.
He would check with campsites to make sure that they were expecting visitors. Some sites were very small and none of the sites on the creek have electrical or water hookups. Some of the sites towards the "bottom" are very large, which is where we stayed. We had a great time and would go back in a heartbeat! We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

If you knew me, you could trust me. And I'm telling you not to stay at this place. I took my wife and 2 kids, and left after a few minutes of observing this place. I've written many reviews for campgrounds over the years: this is not only the worst, it doesn't have any competition. This place was a mudhole. On top of that, the sites were not level. The waterhole was just that. A hole with water. The webpage is the most misleading one I've ever seen. (I'll give them an "A" for the website, although it's definitely misleading.) I fell for it, but please don't you. That's the only way that they can get customers in: via the webpage! If you show up without reservations, you'll leave. I can't imagine anyone staying. I begged and pleaded with the man to get my credit card cleared and he ended up charging me one night. I really can't object to that in all fairness because I did make the reservation. So, I paid him the $20 and left and went to Leisure Acres (without ever having seen it!). Leisure Acres wasn't a Fort Wilderness, but it was just fine and we ended up having a great trip to North Georgia after all! Please don't stay at Jenny's Creek unless you see it first and are willing to stay. I caution anyone about making a reservation. We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

This is currently not a nice campground, but it is under new ownership and they appear to be trying to improve. However, there are not any waterfront sites that have full hookups and the park seems to cater to tent camping and very small RVs because the sites and the park itself are so small. It would be very difficult to navigate a big rig through the entrance and down their driveway. The pictures on their website were taken from strategic angles and views and do not reflect the real look of the park. Their advertised "fishing pond" is very small and appears to be a squared retention pond. Heavy traffic noise from the highway throughout the night and day. The electric wires are currently just laying above ground and the hookups are inconveniently placed with water on one side, sewer on another, and electric at the back of the site. The sewer connection for our site was located uphill from the RV(?!) The rules that you are handed after you pay include a "no refund after setup or due to inclimate weather" clause. The park turns into a muddy disaster when it rains (which it did), and I could see how a bigger rig would want to leave during inclimate weather to avoid getting stuck and being able to get up the driveway to the highway. I could also see how someone would want to leave after setting up and just looking over the condition of the park. The restroom facilities were very primative and because the outter restroom doors are open at all times, anyone camping or walking along the main road had a straight view to the stalls and showers! The park is very buggy and has a creepy feeling after dark, rather than a nice camping feeling. Very strange albino-giant-ant-like-insects were crawling all over the outside of our RV after staying overnight, and we even brought several with us when we went into nearby Helen/Cleveland. We had reservations and prepaid for two nights, but left after one without a refund and stayed at Unicoi State Park Lodge the final night since the Unicoi State Park campgrounds were all full. I cannot recommend this park at this time, and the new owners have a lot of work ahead of them to get this park up to par with the nearby State Parks and other private campgrounds. We camped at Jenny's Creek Campground in a camper.

Are you affiliated with Jenny's Creek Campground?