Lake Pines RV Park and Campground

Columbus, Georgia

6404 Garrett Rd
Columbus, Georgia 31820

Ask fellow campers about "Lake Pines RV Park and Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $46.00

This park is nice but rather crowed and close. They have sewer, water and electricity handy. WiFi is weak unless you sit by office. Laundry is nice and cool during heat of the day. They offered sheet with things to go to in the area. I might if necessary stay here again. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $42.00

Expected more for the price. Pool was locked and dirty with plastic chairs. We had our small puppy and whenever we took him for a walk he would be covered with fleas which he has never had before. Lots of full timers and not well maintained. Definitely not worth the price they charged. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

This park has a lot of potential, but it needs a LOT of attention. The interior roads are OK, the sites are not too bad, fairly level with gravel. The park is laid out weird. There is only one small bathhouse in the whole park and it looks to be in severe need to be completely replaced. Signs were up stating they were working on repairs, but you never saw any signs of progress. Most of the buildings are old and need attention. Lots of permanent residents and the RV's in the park are very weathered. Residents (if you saw one) were not too friendly.

The park was nearly full over Memorial Day, but you didn't see any activity. The Good Sam ratings are way off on this one. On the other hand, the staff we spoke to were very friendly. If in the area again, I would look for another place to stay. We actually left a day ahead of schedule to find a better place to stay. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Lots of shopping fairly close, within about 10 miles or so.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

Pull through spots are long and are in the middle of the park and are nice. The long term camp sites are on the outside loops of the park and these spots are in very bad shape. All service roads are gravel and are in poor condition even though recently less than a half inch of new gravel was added. Lots of pot holes make for a rough drive in and through the park. Play ground equipment is very dated and in bad shape as is most park buildings which all need paint. There appears to be no maintenance workers or grounds keepers maintaining the park. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

back outside loop

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Pines RV Park and Campground

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $34.00

We were going through the area heading east from Arizona and called mid day to check for availability. They were extremely accommodating. Even though a rally was coming in they were able to get us in for one night. We really appreciated getting in because a bad storm was following us and we were seeking a safe haven. What a wonderful place to stay. We will gladly visit there again. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $25.00

Never were two RV parks more different than the one in Jacksonville, where I stayed last week, and the Lake Pines RV Park here in Columbus. Gone are the palms and the orange groves. Gone are the flat fields and swamps. Gone are the hoards of vacationers and retirees. Here there are hills and red Georgia clay and pecan orchards. Here the park is surrounded by pleasant, rolling countryside. There the park was surrounded by that rough zone of struggling businesses trying to make it on the far edges of a city. Here there are tall trees all around. There the trees are no older than the park itself. Here the name of the park is accurate: there actually is a lake surrounded by pines. Here the lanes and sites are gravel, winding all around in pleasant curves over gently rolling hills. There the lanes and sites were ruler-straight and orderly; the sites were concrete, but cracked by the perpetual traffic of heavy rigs. They reminded me of an airport parking lot with oversized spaces, an impression reinforced by the constant roar of jets from the nearby international airport. Here the campers are mostly weekenders, with a wide range of RVs and equipment. There the rigs are big and new, parked by well-heeled retirees for the month or the season or permanently. Here the campground is a family business. There it's a corporate investment. It's clear which park I prefer. I do not understand how anyone would choose to live in an airport parking lot, But some do. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $34.00

Clubhouse needs work. Kitchen floor is sinking and inside cabinets dirty. Outside needs rotten wood replaced and whole clubhouse needs some tlc, new windows, paint, no heat in outer part of clubhouse. Camp sites need new gravel and whole place needs some tlc. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $40.00

Nicely kept park. A few places where interior roads got a little narrow, but nothing to worry about. The sites are so long that no one needs to have any vehicles sticking off sites. Good hookups. Level long sites. Very convenient off main road. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Did have a campground rule we have never seen before-no Outside TV's-so a dealbreaker on football weekends. Office closed on Sunday, but we were left info for our site. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

We were full hook up for 2 nights. Reservations were made over the phone which is the only way they do reservations. The staff was friendly and helpful and our campsite info was clearly made available as we arrived when the office was closed. RV sites are mostly pull through. Water electric and sewer hook up we're closely placed and easy to connect to. The only issue we had with the site were 2 overgrown bushes poorly placed at the end of the pull through that we had to navigate our TT around. Most sites did not have bushes placed like ours did. The WiFi is only available in hot spots. I was able to connect to the service at our TT but could not load anything Did not use showers or laundry. We couldn't use the pool as it was closed due to being out of season. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

Excellent two night stay so that we could visit the Infantry Museum at Fort Benning. Our site was sloped more than I like, but I could get within 1 degree after moving around on the site. The grounds appear to be set up for events such as weddings so the landscaping was nice. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Must visit the National Infantry Museum near Ft Benning. Located outside the gate so it is easy to reach. World class museum honoring America's heroes. Could easily spend half to a full day here.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

We stayed in site 21. Park is mostly permanent residents but their sites were neat, tidy and others were friendly. This is about the most level sites I have ever stayed in. Front to back and side to side were perfectly level. When making reservations I asked about Wi-Fi and they said yes. When checking in I asked about Wi-Fi and they said yes. At my site there was no Wi-Fi. Signal showed when I tried to log in but was unable to establish a connection. When speaking to owners they were indifferent. Their website stated that they were Passport America members but would not give the discount. Sites were staggered which placed you away from neighbors sewer but distance is so far that 2 hoses were needed. I used the 50 amp connection reduced to 30 amp because the weather was mild and we were staying one night. Voltage was barely 110 volts when AC and nothing else was running. I would stay here again but I dislike campgrounds that do not fulfill promises. The campground had huge sites but many were being narrowed to accommodate more travelers. TV is over the air with few stations. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $36.00

All hookups worked fine. Although the campground advertised wifi, it never connected. The sewer connection was at the back of the site, necessitating 3 hoses to connect. The sites were uneven gravel. The pull throughs seemed to be a little better than the back ins. Only 2 of the 3 washers and dryers were working. Sites were close together. Our site had no picnic table or fire ring. The interior roadway was deeply rutted. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Be sure to tour the Andersonville National Historic Site and the National Infantry Museum.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $20.00

Stayed two nights using Passport America. Clean, well laid out park with nice pool, laundry room and hiking trail. Arrived around 1:00pm and the office was closed with packet on porch. I never once saw any camp personnel during the two days I was there. The office never opened, no one drove by, nothing. I logged onto their "WiFi" network when I first arrived but was never connected to the internet. So, WiFi? Yes "Internet" NO! If passing through, I would stay here again but only for a night or two. Most of the sites are taken by long term folks several who I saw walking their pets and not cleaning up after them. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

They say they are a Passport America park but they were not giving the PPA discount when we were there because they expected to be nearly full. So you have to take your chances.

They say they have wifi but we could not get on the entire time we were here. (We left after 2 days because of no Passport America discount and no usable wifi.)

The lady in the office (Debbie) was wonderful! Very capable and nice. Site 5 was not level, but nice and open for satellite TV. Sites are gravel. Park is quiet. All utilities worked very well. It just seemed expensive for what we got. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $42.00

We stayed at Lake Pines as an overnight on our way thru the Columbus area. I called the day before arrival, and spoke to a very polite female staff member who understood our needs well. We have small children, and because it was just an over night trip, wouldn't be unhooking from our tow vehicle. She did well to match us up with one of the few remaining sites based on those needs. We arrived after the office had closed for the day, but an envelope with our name was on the office door. The envelope had a park map with the best way into the site drawn. All sites are gravel, fairly off level, and our's did not have a picnic table. The full hook ups were adequate. However on our site, #56 the hookups were at the back of the TT, and a post which made it impossible to get closer. This required us to stretch our water, and sewer hoses as far as they would stretch. Another foot or two, and the hook ups would have been worthless. As mentioned, we were put in a site that met our needs to leave 57 feet worth of TT and TV hooked up. You could have parked another vehicle in front and still been out of the road. We were also a short walk from a well kept, clean swimming pool and playground. As mentioned in other reviews, there are a couple of down sides to this park. You are right beside a railroad track, and if not awakened by a horn blast, you certainly will feel your RV shudder from the nearby train. Secondly, also as mentioned in other reviews, the bathhouse is dated, and even though management keeps it clean, its dinginess makes it less than desirable to do your business. Lastly, also mentioned in other reviews, there seem to be a lot of long term/full timers in the park in older run down rigs. This unfortunately gives the park a feel of being a trailer park rather than an RV park. Overall Lake Pines is good for an over night or two, but I couldn't imagine anything longer. We camped at Lake Pines RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Pines RV Park and Campground

Are you affiliated with Lake Pines RV Park and Campground ?