Forsyth KOA

Forsyth, Georgia
Phone: (478) 994-2019

Recent Rate: $31 5/2015

Harris England

Unlike a previous reviewer sadly we have stayed at a worse KOA but having said that this is a close second. We have given it a point for the check woman who was friendly and informative and the complimentary warm cookies. The "roads" were terrible, more potholes and tree roots than asphalt very, very narrow. Luckily we asked for a site in the "rally area" which is tree free but you still have to negotiate through the narrow tree linked road to get there. The park is very rundown with a lot of old, scruffy & dirty trailers with lots of rubbish around them. There is a charge for wifi after half an hour which has to be continuous use. Unless you have no alternative do not stay here. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Darfantin

This KOA is one of the worst I've stayed in the last three years of camping. Most KOA's are old and not too good compared to other non franchised campgrounds. That said, the folks at the office were nice, but the park is run down and the roads are absolutely terrible. Not only are they so narrow there is room for only one car, much less a motorhome. I don't have a clue what you would do if you met a vehicle coming the opposite direction as you. Narrow, yes, full of pot holes yes, yes and yes. I would not stay here again unless it was the only place I had to get off the road. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Motorhome.

DAV53

Staff very friendly at check-in. Roads are horrible - narrow and more potholes than asphalt. Entire place is muddy. Many full time junky trailers set up permanently. "Free" wifi is for 30 minute continuous use on 1 device. We had to put our truck in 4x4 to pull out. Site was narrow with a tree on each side near end of drive. Very difficult to maneuver a big rig around. Would never ever stay again. Called office to express concerns and staff was extremely rude and not apologetic to the point I gave up and just hung up. No management on site. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Don't stop

AlexJ

What a great campsite. Stayed here one night on the way up to North Carolina. Beautiful pine trees all around. Clean park with a few special touches. Nice warm cookies were delivered to our site upon check in. Very nice gesture and the cookies were great. Also ordered dinner from their menu which was tasty. Nice playground for the kids but my only dislike was it was sand - no mulch. My site was #23 pull through and was pretty level. Very nice workers. Stopping for a night on the way back home. Will stay here again and right next to the highway. Great campground. Enjoyed it. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Travel Trailer.

HaveDieselWillTravel

Good site. Just off of the interstate and a good deal of traffic noise but being sound sleepers it didn't keep us awake. Sites are pull-through with gravel and fairly level. Utilities were good. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

melissabrvs

A very nice, if very old, KOA. The narrow roads are very rough because of the old trees' huge roots. That said, it was easy enough to get in and out of with a big rig. All the people in the office were very nice. They actually sent out warm cookies for us while we were setting up! Conveniently located off I-75 near Jackson, GA; about 20 minutes north of Macon. We were stranded with truck troubles and had to be towed in, otherwise we might never have found this little gem. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Less than a mile down I-75, there is just about everything you absolutely need. If your needs are specific, you may have to go down to Macon.

Bad-Air

Gave us fresh, warm cookies! Nice touch, even delivered them to us! Had 2 dog walks. Friendly folks, we would stay again. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

truckerturtle

This was a one night stay. Staff was friendly and check-in was okay. Interior roads are rough, narrow and in need of work. Sites are not too level front to back or side to side, and could be improved with gravel being added. Utilities worked fine, but sewer hookup is surrounded by concrete and is rather high. Had to raise and support sewer hose to get it to flow. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Roadschool

This park is not a destination stop. The roads are narrow with lots of pot holes. Our site was at the back of the park in a pull through section that had nice spacing between the sites. Our rv bottomed out multiple times getting to our site and leaving. Big rigs can get in and out but if you are towing a car, it presents some challenges. The staff was friendly and it was okay for one night. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Motorhome.

pcshorter

Overall, our stay here was good. We received guidance to our mostly level site, and hookups were as described and in good repair. Staff was friendly enough; I've had friendlier and some not so friendly. Four cookies were a pleasant surprise, and we ordered their pizza and hot-wings, which were surprisingly tasty. Made dinner with the wife and kids (7 and 9) very easy after a long day on the road. It's right off the interstate, so perfect for a quick rest and go. It would be distracting if we had been staying longer. Overall though, if you're looking for a place to plug-in for a night and easily move on the next day, this KOA served perfectly. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Steve Morris

Just stayed overnight. Road to camp site was in need of repair. We had a pull through site in the back which eliminated hwy noise. Staff was friendly and 5 minutes after we checked in, someone from the office delivered cookies, nice touch. What I did not like was that there was a 2.00 charge for cable TV. And a fee if you use the Internet more than 30 minutes. Now, I've been in many campgrounds that charge for Internet, I have my own Verizon jet pak, but I have never been charged for TV. Only 2.00, but it is the principle. Maybe I'm getting old, but would not stay again. I like all charges up front. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Motorhome.

wicknomore

This is a very nice park. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The sites are level and ample in size. An added bonus (for us) was the pizza available by order and delivered to your site. Complimentary chocolate chip cookies were great too. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Smaynard

The two women working the desk were very rude and condescending. They would not let me use my koa card for a discount for our one night stay because my friend made the actual call for the reservations. We had to register individually but the worker said my I couldn't use my KOA card because the reservation wasn't in my name. She talked to me like I was a preschooler. They charged $2.00 for cable and there was an extra charge for wi-fi (which we didn't get). The sight was pull through and we were stacked in like cord wood. The area we were in looked like overflow parking with no trees. The "lake" was a glorified pond. This campground won't get any more of my money. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Jomo

Beautiful park very well maintained. Nice lake with ducks. Great cable, nice little store. Very friendly service, close to I-10, so you do get road noise. This was the prettiest KOA of our whole trip. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Motorhome.

Tundra2084

Typical KOA, friendly service at check in and were escorted to site. Was level side to side but a little off back to front(we didn't unhook tow vehicle). Site services all worked very well. Quick on and off to I-75 but right along the highway so road noise is very prominent. We had dinner brought to the trailer from the office. They have Pizza, wings and chicken tenders plus a couple of other items. The food was very good. Price is regular rate and that includes $2 for cable and $5 per device for WiFi(we only had one device) One of the reasons we don't have a KOA Card is the nickel and dime charges KOA has. The reason we stayed here was because it fit exactly into our timing for the trip home from Florida. We would consider staying here again. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

L & D RV Park

Forsyth, Georgia

Savannah South KOA

Richmond Hill, Georgia

Casey Jones RV Park

Lake City, Florida

Are you affiliated with Forsyth KOA?