Forsyth KOA

Phone: (478) 994-2019

Recent Rate: $32 11/2014

1 Tip

melissabrvs

A very nice, if very old, KOA. The narrow roads are very rough because of the old trees' huge roots. That said, it was easy enough to get in and out of with a big rig. All the people in the office were very nice. They actually sent out warm cookies for us while we were setting up! Conveniently located off I-75 near Jackson, GA; about 20 minutes north of Macon. We were stranded with truck troubles and had to be towed in, otherwise we might never have found this little gem. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

truckerturtle

This was a one night stay. Staff was friendly and check-in was okay. Interior roads are rough, narrow and in need of work. Sites are not too level front to back or side to side, and could be improved with gravel being added. Utilities worked fine, but sewer hookup is surrounded by concrete and is rather high. Had to raise and support sewer hose to get it to flow. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Steve Morris

Just stayed overnight. Road to camp site was in need of repair. We had a pull through site in the back which eliminated hwy noise. Staff was friendly and 5 minutes after we checked in, someone from the office delivered cookies, nice touch. What I did not like was that there was a 2.00 charge for cable TV. And a fee if you use the Internet more than 30 minutes. Now, I've been in many campgrounds that charge for Internet, I have my own Verizon jet pak, but I have never been charged for TV. Only 2.00, but it is the principle. Maybe I'm getting old, but would not stay again. I like all charges up front. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Motorhome.

pcshorter

Overall, our stay here was good. We received guidance to our mostly level site, and hookups were as described and in good repair. Staff was friendly enough; I've had friendlier and some not so friendly. Four cookies were a pleasant surprise, and we ordered their pizza and hot-wings, which were surprisingly tasty. Made dinner with the wife and kids (7 and 9) very easy after a long day on the road. It's right off the interstate, so perfect for a quick rest and go. It would be distracting if we had been staying longer. Overall though, if you're looking for a place to plug-in for a night and easily move on the next day, this KOA served perfectly. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Travel Trailer.

E&E

Friendly staff. Site not level. Road ruts. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Travel Trailer.

wicknomore

This is a very nice park. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The sites are level and ample in size. An added bonus (for us) was the pizza available by order and delivered to your site. Complimentary chocolate chip cookies were great too. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Smaynard

The two women working the desk were very rude and condescending. They would not let me use my koa card for a discount for our one night stay because my friend made the actual call for the reservations. We had to register individually but the worker said my I couldn't use my KOA card because the reservation wasn't in my name. She talked to me like I was a preschooler. They charged $2.00 for cable and there was an extra charge for wi-fi (which we didn't get). The sight was pull through and we were stacked in like cord wood. The area we were in looked like overflow parking with no trees. The "lake" was a glorified pond. This campground won't get any more of my money. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Tundra2084

Typical KOA, friendly service at check in and were escorted to site. Was level side to side but a little off back to front(we didn't unhook tow vehicle). Site services all worked very well. Quick on and off to I-75 but right along the highway so road noise is very prominent. We had dinner brought to the trailer from the office. They have Pizza, wings and chicken tenders plus a couple of other items. The food was very good. Price is regular rate and that includes $2 for cable and $5 per device for WiFi(we only had one device) One of the reasons we don't have a KOA Card is the nickel and dime charges KOA has. The reason we stayed here was because it fit exactly into our timing for the trip home from Florida. We would consider staying here again. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Jomo

Beautiful park very well maintained. Nice lake with ducks. Great cable, nice little store. Very friendly service, close to I-10, so you do get road noise. This was the prettiest KOA of our whole trip. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Motorhome.

minkydog

Great, helpful staff. Got checked in quickly and escorted to our pull-through site. Grounds are clean. Our site was packed earth and level, although I did see some rigs that had levelers under their wheels. Pool looked clean, but too cold to try it out. Restrooms are tired but adequate. Store well stocked with basics. All on all, this was a pleasant overnight stay. Easy on-off I-75. Traffic noise could be a problem, but we turned on our fan and that took care of that. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Travel Trailer.

E&E

Roads and sites are badly washed. Passing through; only stayed one night. Staff friendly. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Travel Trailer.

cgavagan

We stayed in a full hookup with no trees. This was at the back of the park and very quiet. Hot cookies were delivered to our site upon arrival. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The park is in need of exit signs to get you out of the park. The roads are narrow, however we were able to manuver our motorhome with tow. We only stated one night on our way home from Florida. It rained and the site was very muddy: could use more gravel. Would stay again if traveling this way. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Motorhome.

Born2RV

Stayed one night, very convenient from I-75. Roads are paved and gravel, sites are gravel, Wi-Fi is $3 a day, Cable is $2 a day (80 channels); electric, water, sewer are fine. We needed a pressure regulator for the water - our tankless water heater loved it. Site was almost perfectly level! Sprint phone, Sprint MiFi and DirecTv rooftop satellite signals strong. Drive in looks tight but there is plenty of room. Employees very helpful. There was a dog park but we did not stay long enough to use it. Stayed in the back, in the longer sites. Would stay here again. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Living the Dream

This was just an overnight stop for us. Don't usually stay at KOA's but this was an easy on/off. There are 2 parts of the park. The front has trees and a little rustic looking. The overnighters are lead to the back area, just flat side by side sites. Don't know if I would call this a "lake front". There is a retention pond at the front, so I don't know. It was ok for a night. We did get free cookies. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Motorhome.

mm1407

Has the potential for a '10'. Price reflects KOA discount. We stayed for one night while passing through the area. Large campground with nice wooded sites. The pool looked clean but we did not use it. The facilities were clean, but seemed older. Since we stayed for one night we chose a W/E site only and that seemed to be a mistake. The site was very close to the interstate and traffic was loud and easily audible. It is a hilly campground and the site we were given was not level at all. All this being said, the service was great. Warm cookies on arrival and pizza delivered to the site is outstanding! We would stay again, but would request a full hook-up site near the back of the campground. Navigating the campground in a 34 footer with a tow was challenging, but can be done. We would stay again if in the area. We camped at Forsyth KOA in a Motorhome.

Luxury RV Resort

Gulf Shores, Alabama

Oaks 'N Pines RV Park

Lake City, Florida

Ocala Sun RV Resort

Ocala, Florida

Top Tips for this Campground

• Less than a mile down I-75, there is just about everything you absolutely need. If your needs are specific, you may have to go down to Macon.

melissabrvsNovember 2014

Are you affiliated with Forsyth KOA?