Greensboro, Georgia

Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee)

Greensboro, Georgia

• Boat Ramp Boat Ramp yes
  • Lake Lake yes

bigben

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $45.00

Newly converted to KOA - and still working at coming up to what you find at most other KOAs (at least in our experience). Our experience was very poor due to the to physical facilities related to site levelness and at least one very good opportunity for a "high center" danger.

Upon our arrival we were checked in by a courteous staff member. We were assigned to our spot and off we went. The only KOAs that we've stayed that we were not guided to our spot.

This is where the issues started. The "pull through" we were assigned to was a dirt spot - not gravel, not concrete but dirt. "Pull through" is a misnomer here - the sites are very short with severe angles and corners to cut around. With our gasser Class A our levelers couldn't level out. We changed sites 3 more times before I found a washed out site that I could level on BUT when you opened the door the bottom step was about 18" off the ground. The electrical box was leaning severely towards the water faucet and the lid was difficult to open.

After complaining I was reassigned to another spot. A back-in . I did a recon of the site and figured I could back in. I did only to find out there was 30 amp service only. (Note: I was very specific in needing a 50 amp service.) So I was again reassigned to a spot just above where I was sitting. As I looked the spot over I noticed what I believe to be a very serious problem - the real possibility of "HIGH CENTER". If you don't know what a high center danger is - I advise you to learn. In my 22 year US Army career I have seen this problem - it So I did a K turn with my 38' sports car and avoided the possible danger. Then went to a new spot. We made it work - but it wasn't easy.

In the end - this has real possibilities BUT for now avoid this place. It is about 10 miles off the I-20.

While the staff is pleasant - there are SERIOUS problems with the facility. This place has real potential but can be a real danger.

AVOID. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Motorhome.

Campdog41

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $45.00

This is now a KOA campground and price reflects KOA discount for holiday weekend stay. Hopefully, they will be making some improvements to this park. There is no cable TV, the Wi-Fi is spotty and you have to obtain they password from the office (one password per device), and our site was pretty unlevel. The lake sites were definitely not built for big rigs and very difficult to maneuver with our 41' fifth wheel. Very crowded, which was to be expected on a holiday weekend; however, there did not appear to be any site limitations as far as vehicles and people go. Some sites would have four to five cars on them. The pools appeared to be clean but we did not use them. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Fifth Wheel.

Highly recommend El Agave Mexican restaurant in Eatonton. Its a little hole in the wall place in a strip with a BP gas station. The food and the service was amazing!

Lulubelle80

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $40.00

We booked our stay for North Shore during the month of February 2015 for our stay in April 2015. Upon making reservations we were quoted $32 per night for a lake front site- no deposit required. The week prior to making our trip we called to double check reservations and were told they didn't offer sites for the amount we were quoted and a lakefront would be $70 per night or could take a regular site for $40. We decided to take a $40 site. Upon arrival, the park was in deplorable conditions. Pictures online are NOT true to what current conditions are. Sites were un-level, not shaded, no fire rings, no grills, and the picnic tables were all rotted. The pools looked to not have had water in them in several years, the play set was leaning and unable to play on, the mini golf hadn't been tended to in several years. The bathhouses smelled of urine with moldy curtains. Definitely NOT worth $40 or $70 per night. The sites were stacked one on top of another- just not how we like to camp. Needless to say, we wound up getting a refund and heading to another campground for our weekend. We've camped at many other resorts- this was definitely not worthy of that type of title. Wouldn't recommend this park to anyone expecting a resort, especially if you have children. There are several other parks in the area for half the price of this that are much nicer condition. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Travel Trailer.

slay

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $15.00

We were very disappointed with this campground. We arrived at 4 p.m. on a Sunday and the office was closed and the security shack was not manned. If another camper had not come by and told us to look in the mailbox for our packet, we would not have gotten past the gate. We were Coast-to-Coast guests and the site we were given was small and very unlevel in an area with several other rigs almost shoulder-to-shoulder while there were many vacant sites closer to the lake. The entire park had a run-down appearance. We will not be returning to this park. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Motorhome.

Steve & Linda

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $40.00

Northshore uses a railroad-theme in its campground;"cute idea." They have 2 pools, lake access and both family and adult activities, mostly on weekends. The park seemed 'old', not all roads/site were paved. The main road is a steep hill to navigate and could be difficult for the disabled. People were friendly, but this park seems to cater to more 'permanent' RVers because many of the sites were occupied with long-term setups and there are no lakefront sites available due to permanent homes. Park needs some work and updating before we'd return; they'll be happy to 'sell' you a spot. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Motorhome.

Wolf Doggie (PA)

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $1.00

Spent Memorial day weekend there for free incentive from our RV dealership. The $50 check the timeshare people (Ocean Canyon Properties) provided din't even come close to making the place any better. We were not there for 5 hours had a dog running on our deck then another small child, we have a Rot that goes camping with us and was on the deck of our site on her leash. A little after 10:00 PM teenager comes running between my chair on our sites deck and my awning about tripping over the dog. Sites are stacked one on another, not very level sewer problems, rules were 1 vehicle per site most sites had 3 plus had multiple vehciles park in front of my site blocking us in. Golf carts up and down the road all day/night vehciles not following the directions sighs on the roads. This is a member's only resort count me out. Next morning at 9:00 AM had our strong arm membership sale from Ocean Canyon properties 3 minutes in very rude and strong arming. I let him know right then and there did not like the camping and why. Still pressed on with his sales pitch 90 minutes turned in to 2 hrs. 13,000 plus for a lifetime membership plus just shy of $400.00 yearly dues. It was al I could do but laugh. Run from this CampGround and OCP. See BBB rating here thankful they paid me for an unpleasent experiance instaed of the other way around. http://www.bbb.org/shreveport/?business-reviews/?real-estate-management/?ocean-canyon-properties-in-tex We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Travel Trailer.

Don Chandler

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $1.00

Site was so poorly designed and built that my truck slid as I pulled onto the site and then the jacks sank into the ground while we were parked here. Red clay gets into everything, as mud when it rains and as dust when it is dry. Could be a beautiful place, but will require much work. We stayed here because we belong to the camp group Ocean Canyon Properties, and they do have some very nice campgrounds. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Fifth Wheel.

big greg

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $2.00

$2 was for 50amp service using ROD membership. Power and water (45psi) worked OK, the sewer connection was high so I had to lift the hose to drain the last of the holding tanks. Our site was not level, for the first time traveling in 4 years: the Big Foot could not auto level the 5W without wood under one pad. The road and site we were in was gravel, had to be very careful when departing that the 5W didn't hit the truck bed rails on the loops exit road. No TV stations on the antenna, the rooftop dish worked well. Sprint cell and internet worked OK. Park workers were friendly. We found only 2 washing machines and 1 working dryer at their laundry. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Fifth Wheel.

Backroads

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $1.00

This is a membership park that makes the cost worth it. The park is very well maintained and the staff is very friendly. This a wonderful park to relax and enjoy the RV experience. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Motorhome.

jconnally

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $50.00

This is third time we've stayed at this campground. Since the new management company has taken over, it is a lot better. The security gate and keypad is a pain in the butt. You have to have a code to get in and the intercom doesn't work, so you have to call the office phone number. While you're waiting for the code information, you are blocking the only entrance. Even though I've stayed here before, I think the price of $50 is a bit steep, especially since it doesn't have cable TV. Also, the park office doesn't have any supplies and there is no RV store anywhere in the area, so stock up before you get to the park. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Travel Trailer.

Davesam

Date of Stay: December, 2009 - $10.00

Stayed here using ROD. This is a beautiful and well kept park. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Fifth Wheel.

bradford8481

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $1.00

We traveled most of the day to get here. We pulled up to a gated entrance which was great for security. We pressed the call button for the intercom to the office. They responded quickly. But all we heard was static. Very bad static. You know the kind of static you hear when you pull up to a fast food place and the 14 year old asked for your order? But it sounds more like pigs mating? Yeah, that. We called the office on our cell phone and she implied it was our fault as she said we sounded the same way. We got the gate code and proceeded in. Now for the fun stuff. You know how when you pull in to an RV resort they have an area for RV’s to pull over right next to the office so you can check in? Not here. You have to park on the main road in the right lane and leave it there when checking in. The office is around 300 feet off the main road, down hill, all gravel. I get down there with my walking cane and the Pepsi driver says you’ve got to move your rig, I need to leave. At the same time I ask a local coming out of the office about the RV parking situation and got a case of smart lip from him telling me to go back to Yankee Town. I went and moved the RV while my wife went in and canceled our reservation. I couldn’t see staying at a Yankee Town haters resort. Not really a resort, more of a southern sand box. I will not be back. I gave it a 2 because they tried with the intercom. We did not stay at this park. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Fifth Wheel.

Crop Guy

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $37.00

I have no memberships that qualifies for the free or $2 rate, but they will still allow non-members to camp. The 30 amp rate is $35 and $37 for 50 amp full hook up sites. Lots of activities for the kids and many planned events such as kids bingo, cupcake walk, etc. Two swimming pools, beach, three playgrounds. What other campground can you take a shower and do laundry in a train car! I was in site 190, not very level, I would recommend the pull thru sites for larger units. Great clubhouse and very good members to camp with. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Motorhome.

Monkei

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $2.00

Second stay there, it was Georgia Hot and humid but we still had a great time, the 40ft 50A sites are not all level, and some of them are pretty tuff to get to with a 40ft RV. Be careful on which one you request. 260 and 261 are solid. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Motorhome.

Marian

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $10.00

This is a membership only park and one of the nicer ones we have been to through RPI. The big rig sites are a bit small as stated in other reviews. 40 foot max so parking a car in your spot also may not be possible. They do have a few parking lots for cars. The lake view is nice but the park is spread out over the hill so climbing back up to your spot is a workout! This park also has had the best Wi-Fi connection I have had at a campground. We camped at Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Lake Oconee/Greensboro KOA (formerly Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee)?