Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA

2970 Scrubby Bluff Road
Kingsland, Georgia 31548

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $51.00

Easy on/off highway. Escorted to site. Good overnight stop. Pizza and sandwiches are offered at campground for a reasonable fee. They even deliver food to sites. They have free waffles/pancakes daily. Good cable and WiFi reception. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

B9

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $48.00

This is our first stay. They are upgrading a lot of their infrastructure. They recently upgraded their sewer lines and have started on the water lines. Most of the sites are nice. There are different types, but all are pull-throughs. Most sites have a gravel base, with a few concrete pads thrown in. Either way, the sites seem to be very level and you won't feel like you will knock your neighbor out of bed, if you roll over! The staff is very nice and accommodating. We enjoyed our stay and will likely be back. We traveled with friends and the staff put us side by side in patio sites. The staff escorts every RV to their site. Only downside was the lack of water pressure. Only about 20psi. However, they have begun work on upgrading the water system, which should alleviate that problem. Bring an extra hose, because the water hook up on some of the sites is toward the back of the site. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C11

Spend the few dollars more and get a patio site. They are nice.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $44.00

Heading north for the Cherry Blossoms. We use this KOA as our staging point for heading into the D.C. area and points north. All facilities worked as advertised. WiFi internet speed varied, as expected, for an almost full park. Verizon voice and data excellent. Staff and management were very accommodating and put in a lot of hours. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Sand

We ate dinner with some friends at the little cafe. We had ribs and pulled pork. Dinner was very good.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $52.00

Stayed here for an overnight while traveling north. Typical KOA price. While this is adequate for an overnight, the sites are small, gravel, grass but level. The campground utilities condition is some of the worst I've seen. Conduits separated from electrical boxes with exposed wiring at my site and neighbors as well. Water hydrant connection tight against 50amp box with hose connection inches above the box! Cable was completely non-visible at my site. Sewer connection was okay. Roads are in poor potholed condition. On the plus side, they had food service available that was pretty good and convenient. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again only if I didn't have better options. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

front row pull-thru

Featured Campgrounds Near Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $54.00

This is an adequate campground conveniently located off I-95, but road noise was not a problem. Check in was friendly and efficient with an escort to site. All sites are level pull-through with various lengths and utilities. Most of the park is under thick pine trees that are fairly well trimmed. Sites are sand/dirt, close together, and the road is very rough. The bathrooms/showers and laundry are old and worn but clean. The power worked well, the water pressure was low and the water had a sulphur odor and taste. The cable also worked fine except it did not have ESPN. The basic free Tengo wifi also worked well. There is a nice medium size dog park, a nice swimming pool, and other activities for children. It is okay for a short stay but is way over priced. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

G 12
Dirt, Sand

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $48.00

Stayed overnight on way to Florida. Stayed here in GA so I didn't have to pay the Florida 12.5% sales tax one more time. Sites are OK and wide. Maintenance of resort could be better. Roads poor condition. They do sell food like pizza, etc and deliver it to your site. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

I do not remember
Sand

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $48.00

Good for an overnight stay. Employees friendly and helpful. Roads inside campground in bad shape, very rough. Turns are tight with a 39' fifth wheel but manageable. Kids enjoyed the bouncy inflatables and milkshakes available in the office. Gravel sites mostly level. Bathrooms and showers were clean but very old. They honestly look like they haven't been updated since the 1950's or 60's. We were parked half way back in the park and although the highway noise wasn't overbearing it was still noticeable. Wasn't able to connect to sewer. Below the sewer receptacle the PVC piping going into the ground was a separate piece and jammed up against the receptacle so you're not able to attach your hose connector to it. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

E-06

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $54.00

This KOA is very convenient to I95, but does not feel like you're right on the side of an interstate. There are nice trees throughout the park and lots of amenities like a pool, mini golf and a jump pad. They also serve free breakfast every morning which is really good. The only reason I don't give the park 5 stars is for 2 reasons: 1) the kid tax -- charging extra for kids, and 2) when the park is nearly empty yet they squashed us in between neighbors on both sides -- I can never understand why so many RV parks cram people right next to each other when there are so many open sites that could be used to spread people out a little more. I don't know of any RV'ers that want to feel crowded by neighbors. Just fyi, Verizon works very well there if you need to know that sort of thing. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

C12

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $47.00

We only stayed overnight so our review is brief. This KOA has a very rustic feel, which we like. There are LOTS of trees, which breaks up the row-after-row of RV feel quite a bit, and the sites are a bit more spacious than normal for a KOA. However, the roads are poor condition, and sites are a mix of overgrown gravel and broken-up concrete. Roads were tight to navigate in a few places (following our escort golf cart we had to make a near U-turn to get into our row). There were a fair number of permanent/long-term residents. We had a little interstate noise but it wasn't bad. There was a nice-sized dog park that we used, and other amenities (pool, playground, etc.) that we didn't use. Wifi is provided by Tengo so we didn't even try, but our Verizon/AT&T worked fine. The price seems a bit high, but that seems to be the case in this location. We'll stay here again for an overnight. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $30.00

We had stayed here before and only came back because of proximity to 95. We remembered it as not a place we would chose again. Boy, were we happily surprised to see all the wonderful improvements to the grounds the new owners have made! And the entire staff was so helpful, friendly, and welcoming! This is now our first choice in this area whether visiting the beautiful local sites or just traveling through. Highly recommended!! We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $54.00

Right off I-95 so you could hear the highway noise. Park was clean and lots of activities for family with children. The down side was a rooster which begins crowing continually at 5:00am. There was no sleeping after he started. Our site had no shade but many others did. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Travel Trailer.

E10

j&b

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $53.00

We stayed here overnight while traveling north to Ohio. We had a pull-through site which was level and dry. Full hookup included 50 amp, water, sewer and cable. All worked well except the cable was fuzzy.This campground offers free waffles and pancakes for breakfast and has multiple menu items which you can eat at the office, or they will deliver to your campsite. Try the pulled pork, it is excellent. There are many activities if you are interested. The dog park is small but adequate and very clean. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A08

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $60.00

We stayed one night while traveling on I-95. We called earlier in the day for a campsite long enough for our motorhome and toad, they said I would need a patio site. This site was anything but, a small paver area with weeds and patio furniture that should have been discarded years ago. Water pressure was 20 pounds and smelled like sulfur. If you are a light sleeper the road noise off of I-95 might keep you up. I know campgrounds have seasonal residents but some of the sites with refuse and sheds looked horrible. the dog park was very nice and the store / pool area looked very nice. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

C9

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $48.00

Too many live ins and we were in back with them. Sites not well maintained. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

back row

close to ocean and okifennokee (sp) NP

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $48.00

This place was great. Everything from check-in to the ribs I had at the snack bar/restaurant were first rate. Check-in was quick and professional, and I was escorted to my clean, well-appointed site. The roads weren't too tight, and the place had a fun, family atmosphere. I made use of the dog park, and checked out the general store as well. I stayed here as an overnight on my way to Florida, but I'd definitely come back here again. As a side note, there's diesel available nearby. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

Try the food in their little snack bar/restaurant. I had the ribs, and they were excellent.

Featured Campgrounds Near Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA

Are you affiliated with Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA ?