Kingsland, Georgia

• Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $30.00

We had stayed here before and only came back because of proximity to 95. We remembered it as not a place we would chose again. Boy, were we happily surprised to see all the wonderful improvements to the grounds the new owners have made! And the entire staff was so helpful, friendly, and welcoming! This is now our first choice in this area whether visiting the beautiful local sites or just traveling through. Highly recommended!! We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $54.00

Right off I-95 so you could hear the highway noise. Park was clean and lots of activities for family with children. The down side was a rooster which begins crowing continually at 5:00am. There was no sleeping after he started. Our site had no shade but many others did. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Travel Trailer.

E10

j&b

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $53.00

We stayed here overnight while traveling north to Ohio. We had a pull-through site which was level and dry. Full hookup included 50 amp, water, sewer and cable. All worked well except the cable was fuzzy.This campground offers free waffles and pancakes for breakfast and has multiple menu items which you can eat at the office, or they will deliver to your campsite. Try the pulled pork, it is excellent. There are many activities if you are interested. The dog park is small but adequate and very clean. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A08

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $60.00

We stayed one night while traveling on I-95. We called earlier in the day for a campsite long enough for our motorhome and toad, they said I would need a patio site. This site was anything but, a small paver area with weeds and patio furniture that should have been discarded years ago. Water pressure was 20 pounds and smelled like sulfur. If you are a light sleeper the road noise off of I-95 might keep you up. I know campgrounds have seasonal residents but some of the sites with refuse and sheds looked horrible. the dog park was very nice and the store / pool area looked very nice. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

C9

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $41.00

The park was clean and the staff was friendly. For those who State the rate is high, we have found very few campgrounds even with our discount to be less than $35. The rate we paid was $9 less than in another place the night before. The pancake/waffle breakfast was good. We would like to stay here again and explore the area. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

B8

St Mary's Kingsland. Take the St Mary's railroad. Take the ferry to Cumberland Island from downtown St Mary's. There is a good bit to do in the area. And there are some good restaurants in downtown St Mary's and nearby Kingsland.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $48.00

This place was great. Everything from check-in to the ribs I had at the snack bar/restaurant were first rate. Check-in was quick and professional, and I was escorted to my clean, well-appointed site. The roads weren't too tight, and the place had a fun, family atmosphere. I made use of the dog park, and checked out the general store as well. I stayed here as an overnight on my way to Florida, but I'd definitely come back here again. As a side note, there's diesel available nearby. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

Try the food in their little snack bar/restaurant. I had the ribs, and they were excellent.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $48.00

Too many live ins and we were in back with them. Sites not well maintained. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

back row

close to ocean and okifennokee (sp) NP

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $39.00

The park is easy to get to right off I-95 and I mean right off I-95. Pretty much every site is pull-thru. The park is shaded with tall pine trees. The staff was very friendly. This park has free pancake/waffle breakfast from 8-10AM. It also has a dinner menu of pizza, BBQ sandwiches and ribs. I had the BBQ pulled pork and my wife had the pizza. You can call and have it delivered. Now, was it the best thing we had ever had, NO, but it was ok and it nourished us after a day of travel and we did not have to go out that night looking for food. The bad part is the noise from I-95. I have to admit this is the noisiest campground we have been to. The only one that compares was Casey Jones on I-75. The wind was blowing from the direction to the interstate so I don't think that helped. We still enjoyed sitting out front of camper in the afternoon enjoying our wine though. Could not really hear the traffic once inside RV. This is not a destination campground. We were there 2 night due to not being able to get into our next campground. We went into St. Marys. It is a small riverfront town with not much there but we had a nice lunch in the cafe along the river road. We did not use the dump station and I'm not sure how an RV of any size could maneuver into or out of it. Just didn't try. We did not have sewer hookup but most sites do. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

There is a Pilot on both sides of the interstate so if you have a big rig using diesel it is convenient to hit the truck lanes. If you need to dump your sewer before you leave make sure you get a FHU site as the dump station looks impossible to navigate for bigger rigs or trailers.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $45.00

This is a good park between our home in SC and our winter over place in south Florida. Always a very good place with friendly courteous staff. And, the free breakfast is always a good way to start any day. We've stayed here a good many times in the past. Always consistent stay. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

D-2

Best to make an advanced reservation because they fill up quickly in the heavy travel season.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $46.00

We stayed here for 4 nights to catch up on shopping before continuing on our way to Florida. The park is just a mile north of the Florida state line. All sites except the tent sites are pull-thru, and most have a picnic table and fire ring. The angled sites make them seem larger than they actually are, but the site we were put on was sandwiched between a semi-permanent site with only about 10' between us on one side, and an apparently derelict trailer on the other side. We've had much nicer sites here in the past. The free pancake or waffle breakfast is a nice treat, and served every day. The dog park is fairly large, and kept stocked with poop bags, as are a couple of other locations. The free WiFi is fairly good considering how full the park was during our stay. Our site gave us a tight satellite view, and the park cable system has a pretty extensive channel selection. Verizon cell service was quite good here for both voice and data. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

E9

Many stores and restaurants are nearby in Kingsland and St Mary's. We particularly like the Ship 2 Shore seafood restaurant in Kingsland.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $56.00

We stayed here as an overniter on our way to Disney World. We did so after reading some good reports on some RV forum websites. We arrived around 5:00 pm and the friendly girl told me there was a $2.00 charge still on our bill. I had paid the bill when we reserved many months before. All she wanted to know was how did I want to pay it. I asked her what it was for and she said she had no idea but did I want to just add it to the credit card I did the reservation with. Being only $2 and we were on vacation, I let it go. Seemed almost petty for them and just an explanation would have been nice.

The campground was fairly clean. The gravel sites were raked. Road noise from I-95 was terrible.

Its not a bad place but nothing great either. Absolutely not worth $56 for an overnight spot off I-95. I'd stay here again only if they offered and overnighter rate for around $30. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $40.00

Got charged an extra night due to a miscommunication over the phone. Partly my fault for not checking the confirmation email. Owner refused to take the charge off even though the park was only 20% full. Not happy :-(

Does not have a threaded sewer connection. Should use a plug if you have one, or they sell them on site for $6.

Sites were spacious with a sunny/open exposure. Site surface was dirt and grass, featuring a fire ring and picnic table. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

45 minutes away or less: Cumberland Ferry, Okefenokee Swamp rides, Fort Clinch (Civil War), Kayak water way tours.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $49.00

Good things about this campground include the Staff who were great, very helpful, escort to site, food available and can even be delivered to your site, easy access from the interstate and with the AC running I didn't hear any noise from the highway, they also pick up the trash at your site each morning. The not so good things about this park included dogs running loose with no apparent owners in sight (not to mention the calling cards they left on the sites) non-existent wi fi, and the sites not being set up too well. The pull thru site we had was supposed to be big enough, but by the time we pulled the tow off the road we could barely connect to the water, etc., fortunately we had extensions for everything. If you're staying a while and disconnecting it probably wouldn't be a problem. BTW with my KOA discount and rewards I ended up paying $19 for the site. I would not come back here at $49 per night. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

Narrow roads in very poor condition. Dirty sites, unlevel, old junky units, sewer too far away to hook up, had to use 2 lengths of water hose,ants everywhere. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $50.00

The postives: friendly staff, shady sites, food available onsite, lots of potential. Negatives: narrow access lanes leading to our site. Parked cars and temporary tents/makeshift garages impacting lanes at rear of park where our site was located. Sites very narrow. Many sites only have 30 amp power. Cable TV lines running above ground in many places. Recycle bins overflowing. Picnic table dilapidated. This can't possibly meet KOA's corporate standards. We camped at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA in a Motorhome.

H loop

Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Try to get a site in front rows of park: A, B, C, as they are much nicer and have transient campers, not long term, run down camper units. However, mostly 30 amp sites.

Are you affiliated with Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA ?