Atlanta Marietta Campground

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Atlanta Marietta Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $46.00

We made an overnight stop here on our way to Indiana. This park is conveniently located north of Atlanta in the Marietta/Kennesaw area. Lots of shopping/restaurants nearby. It is an older park that could use some updates - the asphalt park roads are pretty cracked and uneven in areas from the trees, and the buildings are showing their age some. I will say they have a nice, air conditioned bathroom setup with two toilet and shower combination rooms - shower suites - which are kept pretty clean. The showers have a "rainfall" shower head in an extra large, tiled shower area. The shower suites are located in the same air conditioned building as the laundromat, next to the office. Our site was slightly sloping to the front, as the whole park is situated in a hilly area. Even though the sites are rather close together, it was pretty easy to get in and out of our site. It was a good overnight stop, overall. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Walmart is nearby and also a Costco. Tiny little mosquitoes were prevalent; keep your bug spray handy.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $54.00

Parked our 5th here for overflow family visiting from out of town. According to them everything was fine and they had no issues of any kind. Was assigned Site 11 ( back in) which was mostly level. No issues with any hook ups. Couple of RV parked in there that looked abandon, at a minimum they need to be washed once a year. Overall appearance was O.K. but I think with some minor refurbish this would be an excellent place. Staff was very friendly. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

KMK

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $42.00

This is a very small back in park in the woods. Most spots are long term TT and fifth wheels. Ok for a quick overnight. Not much walking area for dogs. No fenced in dog park. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $41.00

Calling this a resort is like calling a beat up old Caddy a luxury car. It's an old park with minimal upgrades. It's tight and the speed bumps bear the scars of many landing pad scrapes. The sites are so close that there's no parking for a vehicle other than on the street, which makes it even worse getting in and out. Lot of permanent residents, with junk outside. The sites are crumbling blacktop for a pad, not level.

The biggest problem we had was with the manager on duty when we arrived. After check in we were assigned a site. With cars in the street I had to jack a 40' 5th wheel around a car, and miss an old motor home that was just over the edge of the street on the other side. It was tight, but we managed to get in. When I plugged in the EMS and flipped the breaker it immediately tripped, then showed no voltage. I tried it two more times then went to the office. The manager who checked me in acted like it was big imposition to even come out, telling me and everyone else in earshot about how he didn't want to do this and he didn't want to mess with this crap. When he couldn't get a reading on the breaker he then wanted me to plug in my RV. Politely told him I would plug in my EMS, but not RV on a plug that had already shown a problem. Apparently that really made him mad because he told me that if I didn't plug in my RV he'd refund my money and I could leave. We were in a bind and needed a site because of commitments, so I asked about another site. He pointed to a small site across the street, and told me I could take it or leave it, despite several other larger sites nearby. We did get into the site, with the front at the edge of the street, but at least the EMS showed good power. Several neighbors who had heard the man came up to us after he left and all said they couldn't believe how rude and arrogant the man was. Will never stay here again, and would advise anyone else to find another park. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Atlanta Marietta Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $41.00

Location, location, location. Close to Atlanta, the Braves ballpark and other attractions. The park is older but comfortable. It was easy to navigate for our 24 ft. RV. The owners were helpful in getting us a 5 day stay by moving us around but that was fine with us; it helped us out. There a few big rig spaces but not many. Close to Hwy 75 with no traffic noise. We would come back. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Grass

Close to Atlanta and the Braves ballpark.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

Not a resort. This is in the perfect location for Braves Baseball and amenities in Marrietta and nearby Atlanta. Staff is friendly. The huge drawback of this park are the speed "mountains" throughout the park. Everything scrapes bottom--jacks included unless you are able to angle perfectly which is difficult with cars parked out in the roads. Sites are very tight. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Poor Conditions

No laundry

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $41.00

Disclaimer: I didn't stay here, just visited to put eyes on the facility myself. This park is an old one and the neighborhood around it has grown up. This park is also not for the inexperienced RV'er. The roads are narrow and rough. The tree roots have caused the asphalt to heave. If you're staying for a short amount of time stay in the upper portion. They are much easier to get in and easier to get level. The lower portion is VERY challenging and would require a steep decent, a 180 degree turn and then back up the hill to back into the sites. Those sites were not as level. There are some long-term or permanent campers but the sites were kept up. For all of these challenges the place was almost full! I counted only 5 empty sites while I was there. The manager was very friendly and informative. I would come back to give this park a try. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Grass

There are nearby shopping, restaurants, and attractions. The park is not far from I-75 for an overnight stay.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

First of all, it is really difficult to give a bad review to a park when the staff is so nice. Well, this is the case here. The staff both on the phone and in person were exceptional, very nice and accommodating. Unfortunately, the pleasantries stop there. I arrived just after the office closed and picked up my packet from the front door. I was immediately taken aback by the very narrow bumpy roads, uneven with holes throughout. I was hoping that things would get better, they didn't. I made it to my site VERY slowly as cars were protruding onto the road, my 45' rig was not happy. Our space was narrow and nowhere big enough for our rig, but the office was closed and no one answered the emergency phone provided at the office. With my rig backing up within a foot of the rig in back of me, and still protruding onto the road we made it work. The park is old and looks to have 95% full timers, very tight spaces, not a place to sit out and relax. For a lot of reasons, this is not a big rig friendly park, stay away. Although they have 50 amp service, I tripped the circuit breakers 4 times with minimal equipment running, twice in the middle of the night while sleeping. There are two levels, below and up top. We stayed up top. There is NO WAY a rig over 30' can get down to the second level. I would only stay here if you had absolutely no other choice. I would NOT stay there again. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Grass
Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions
2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo
Dex

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $45.00

The park is run down and needs the roads repaired. If you have a large RV it would be better to find a larger park. If you must be in the area, there are not many options. The rotund man behind the desk gave the impression he was being put out by checking me in. Lots were very close and mostly shady. Sites were gravel and featured a picnic table. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $41.00

We've stayed in better. We've stayed in much worse. An urban, older design, live in park with sites available for those of us that need a couple of nights when we travel this area. Sites are tight but our 40 ft fiver got in with room to park our truck off the road. Other sites not so much as sit is just big enough to handle living unit, with travel vehicles parked in front, making the travel road tight. Go slow...large speed bumps. Friendly owner at check in. We don't use the public facilities so can't comment on washrooms/showers. Relatively quiet for an urban area. Loudest sounds were aircraft from Dobbins Air Field coming and going now and then...but that the sound of freedom! Full hook up worked fine. No problem choosing to return again if in this area. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $45.00

Cramped, run down sites. Lots of noise from the auto repair shop in back of the sites. Like many other RV parks, they advertise WI-FI, but it was down most of the time. When it was up, it was basically unusable. I wouldn't recommend this park. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $43.00

Could be a great CG if it were taken care of. Topography is charming but the reality is bumpy potholed roads, off level sites and everyone jammed in. And $43 a night for no amenities is shocking. They can get away with it be because there are no alternatives. We would definitely not return. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $42.00

This place is a dump and the worst park we have ever stayed at. There are a number of people staying there out of necessity and the park is poorly maintained. Further, I think someone stole 15 to 20 gallons of diesel from our rig while we were there as I smelled diesel on night when we returned after having been gone all day and when I checked the mileage on the next fill, the mileage was well less than what the dashboard stated, something that has never happened before. I'd stay away and drive an extra 15 miles if needed. Proximity is not worth it for this park. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $40.00

As others have mentioned, it's tight and the speed bumps are atrocious. Most of them are all scraped and grooved from vehicles dragging their undercarriages. Even more scary, however, is that the water faucet outlets are about six inches away from the sewer outlet, actually right above it. Can't see how you can hook up without touching the water outlet with your sewer hose. To make matters worse, my site and the one adjacent had what appeared to be massive sewage dumps for about 4 feet around the sewer pipe. Probably there was a backup with resulting overflow. No one had done anything about cleaning up the toilet paper and other stuff all around the pipe. Needless to say, we didn't hook up our water hose. This is a significant health hazard. We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $55.00

The park is old and shows its age. The sites are small and many are difficult to place a motorhome in. The speed bumps are ridiculously high and cause many trailers and campers to drag potions of their underside. Staff was nice. The pool needs to be replaced. It has so many coasts of paint on it that it looks uninviting. The park needs a major renovation but it is close to the perimeter (285). We camped at Atlanta Marietta Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Atlanta Marietta Campground

Are you affiliated with Atlanta Marietta Campground ?