8.9 Excellent

Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 6:00pm

Hours above shown for Eastern Time Zone

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

I chose this campground because of the "9/9.5 Good Sam rating" touted on the website and reviews here. I stayed here in May of 2018. As a full-time rv-er I have stayed at countless rv parks, believe me when I say this park is in no way 9-stars. Directions on the website to the RV park were spot on. Check in was easy and I was given lots of coupons and a park directory. I was directed to my pull through site, number 36. Passing numerous empty back in sites on the way, my site was located directly beside the bathhouse and garbage. This small area has 3 pull-through sites when it should only have one. Mine was right in the middle of the the three with a good view and a 5 foot-wide lawn area with picnic table and fire pit. The connections were all the way at the rear of the site and a real stretch to get to. The site was not even close to level. Also, everyone used the adjacent sites to walk or drive through which was a joy. So, the view was short-lived as the next day they put another big rig beside me which left the following morning and was quickly replaced by another one. Meanwhile the entire back area was empty. At check in I was repeatedly told how "pristine" the park is. Again, not so. There was rutted grass, cracked asphalt, unlevel sites and lawn areas, etc. The dog area is run down and full of huge fire ant piles. The last day we were here my family and I used the very nice pool area. It started to rain. The owner comes skidding into the parking area next to the pool and starts screaming "everyone out of the pool!" We thought there was some sort of local tornado alert or something but it was just a brief summer shower. He then began to berate me and asked if I had read the pool rules. When I said I hadn't, he started yelling that its Georgia law that you cannot be in the pool if its raining and he was "going to be fined $5,000!" He then told me when I return I was "to read every single rule!" No worries there, I won't be returning. This is over-rated and poorly run. Mostly long-term workers and the web-site is not accurate. Don't say I didn't warn you! We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Locally: "The Brick" restaurant is a nice bar and grill with great Wings!

Alicia Dallago, manager at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground responded to this review

We are sorry you feel that way. Other guests feel very differently

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

One of the best private parks I have stayed in. The restrooms are new and very clean. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Nice little town with old southern homes and a nice little shopping district

We are glad you liked what Milledgeville and us have to offer. Please visit us again soon

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

The battery on my towed was dead on our arrival and the park had a employee jump start us. The staff is great. The park is well maintained with rolling landscape. Did not use the pool. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel
Fire Ring

Don't go to the Club to eat

Thank you for noticing our great staff. The club house is available to our guests 24-7 We do cook dinner for our workcampers every Wednesday night, but we do not serve any food to our guests

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $39.00

Clean and very well maintained park. Monthly rate is $400 + electricity; no contract. The owners and staff are incredible. They have two dog bath stations and a small dog park. The park roads are paved which I really liked. There are hiking paths and several ponds stocked with fish; borrow fishing poles from the office. Nearby historic Milledgeville provides a cool Main Street and tours of civil war era buildings. Other campers said that this was the best RV Park in Georgia. One camper commented that the laundry room was the cleanest that she ever seen. Location wise, you're 2 hours SE of Atlanta or 2 hours NW of Savannah/Tybee Island. Also 6 1/2 hours North of Tampa. Lots of green space in the park. Highly recommend this park! We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Definitely see historic Milledgeville (3 1/2 miles away) with restaurants and watering holes. Take the historic trolley tour which includes the Georgia Military Academy. A beautiful, river walk/sidewalk is near the historic district. Also check out the grounds of the nearby "Central State Hospital" opened in 1842. In the 1960s, it was considered the largest mental hospital in the world with 2,000 acres/200 buildings. There are also 3 colleges nearby. Enjoy!

We are happy to know that you were able to enjoy not only what MIlledgeville and us have to offer, but also the great area that surround us.

Featured Campgrounds Near Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Very nice park. Great staff. Good paved roads. Level gravel pull through site (8). Clean and we'll maintained. Nicely landscaped. Good WiFi and ATT cell reception. Nice laundry room. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are happy with what we have to offer and with our hand picked dedicated staff and our Wi-Fi. We hope to see you again very soon

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $27.00

Very clean. If you ever come this way, you need to stay. Management is very friendly. All landscaping manicured very well. Lots are very large. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Thank you for your recommendation. We hope to see you again soon.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

Second time at Scenic Mountain, Under new ownership this time, its a very nice little campground. And the restaurants in the area and in Milledgeville are great. We only stayed over night this trip but will return. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Thank you for your review. It makes us happy to know that guests like you, plan to come back.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $39.00

Great park. Well maintained. Wi-Fi worked great, best we have every had. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Milledgeville is 4 miles from camp. Lots of history there. Capital of Georgia during civil war. Wal Mart superstore not to far away. Great park off of US 441.

Thank you for your kind words. Please come back soon

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $36.00

Awesomely nice park! Beautifully kept, spacious well spaced sites. Owners live on the grounds and make sure you are well taken care of. I'm very relaxed here. I'll be back again for a longer stay. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Mall and groceries on one end of town. Downtown Main St small shops, restaurants, historic buildings and Georgia College on the other side of town.

It makes us very happy to know that you like what we have to offer and that you are planning to visit us again. Please come back soon

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

Very nice RV park. The sites are very large and level. We had a pull thru and it was really nice. We had more than enough room for our rig. We went on a hike through the campgounds and it was really nice and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and super friendly. We would recommend this to anyone and when we're in the area will stay here again. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

There is lots to see and do around Milledgeville. Lots of restaurants and shopping. Plus, Lake Sinclair is nearby.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for your review. We are very glad you are planning to visit us again. Please come back soon

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $38.00

New owners have made big improvements -- level roomy lot, nice landscaping, truly "scenic" from a high point in the city, quiet. Good value. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Thank you for your review. Please visit us again soon

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $28.00

An outstanding park! Very clean, and very nice...You can tell the owners who live on site care very much about their park. Camped for $200 a week...Plenty of room between rigs, no complaints.. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Short drive to downtown Milledgeville...

Thank you for your kind words. Please visit us again soon

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $35.00

My husband an I stay at this great campground just to get away. I must say this campground never stops doing improvements. Every time we come back there's something new. Great fenced in dog park. Clean pool an playground that my grandkids love. We love taking a hike on the many trails. My husband loves their stocked fishing ponds. Although he hasn't had much luck, (lol) there are big fish in there. Grounds an landscaping are immaculate. Owners Butch and Alicia are always so friendly. Everyone there is friendly when we go. Plus you can't beat the price, $35 with military discount. If you like delicious burgers then Buffingtons downtown Milledgeville is a nice little cozy place to eat or get a drink. Just 4 miles from campground. Stay an you won't be disappointed. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Reviews like yours are what give us the energy to keep improving the park. It is always very nice to to know that yo will be back. Please visit us again soon

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $30.00

We are relative newcomers to rv'ing and of the handful of parks we've stayed at, this is our favorite so far. Had yet to back in to a site but there was plenty of room between sites so it was a lot easier than it could have been. The park management and work staff were extremely nice and very willing to help us with any problems or questions we had. Met a lot of great people here. The park was very clean and well maintained. We will definitely consider staying there again if ever in the Central Georgia area! We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Milledgeville is a beautiful town. They have a great system of walking trails. The Old Governors Mansion is well worth taking the tour.

We are very glad to know that Scenic Mountain is your favorite park. Your kind words make us very happy. Thank you

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

This was our 2nd stay at Scenic Mountain RV Park in our 31' motorhome. We enjoyed it so much the first time that we had our "Sunshine Rovers" RV club join us this year for the Milledgeville Deep Roots Festival. 12 Rigs were in our group. We stayed for 5 nights. The Campground Marketing Manager went out of her way to make sure that each of us had everything that we needed. We had use of the Club House and the kitchen, which made serving and eating our group dinner and breakfast a real treat!

The campsites are well spaced and have full hook-ups. The campground facilities are kept very clean and it is obvious that the staff takes pride in their work and in the park. There is a clean dog park equipped with agility type equipment for exercising your canine partners. The park is located only 3 miles south of Milledgeville, GA, which we found to be a very friendly community. The WiFi was flawless, which is NOT usually the case at many RV parks. We stayed for 5 nights. Cell phone service was excellent for all of the carriers that our group uses. We have already made our reservations for October 2018! I highly recommend this campground. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

The town of Milledgeville has everything one could want or need, including the Deep Roots Festival every October.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you and your group are happy with what we have to offer and that you are already planing to visit us again

Featured Campgrounds Near Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground

Are you affiliated with Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground ?