8.8 Excellent

Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 6:00pm

Hours above shown for Eastern Time Zone

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $44.00

Would never under any circumstances stay here again. They aren't interested in one nighters. Place is full of work campers and any good review probably came from them. Not a pleasant place they never heard of Southern hospitality. Place is terribly overpriced anyway.

We had considered staying longer but we were treated rudely at check-in. We would have liked some pamphlets on area and extended our stay but none were offered. I believe it would be an interesting area to spend time in. We are flexible. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

Very hilly, with a great view. Well taken care of. Facilities, ie...showers, pool, lawns manicured and well taken care of. Wifi was great early in the day for my husband, but a scarce signal in the late afternoon. Very friendly owner and campground. Rated at 9.5 and true. Great place, would come here again. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Overnight stop without unhooking. Hilly, spacious, follow directions from the campground instead of GPS. Easy access to 441.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Beautiful and very clean, fairly level gravel site - we had a pull-thru. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

The Brick in downtown had very good pizza and ravioli and lots of craft beer. Take the trolley tour ($10 and two hours) to get a good feel of the town and some building tours are included. Home of Flannery O'Connor at "Andalusia Farm". My wife got a very good cut & color at "Another World" hail salon.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

I chose this campground because of the "9/9.5 Good Sam rating" touted on the website and reviews here. I stayed here in May of 2018. As a full-time rv-er I have stayed at countless rv parks, believe me when I say this park is in no way 9-stars. Directions on the website to the RV park were spot on. Check in was easy and I was given lots of coupons and a park directory. I was directed to my pull through site, number 36. Passing numerous empty back in sites on the way, my site was located directly beside the bathhouse and garbage. This small area has 3 pull-through sites when it should only have one. Mine was right in the middle of the the three with a good view and a 5 foot-wide lawn area with picnic table and fire pit. The connections were all the way at the rear of the site and a real stretch to get to. The site was not even close to level. Also, everyone used the adjacent sites to walk or drive through which was a joy. So, the view was short-lived as the next day they put another big rig beside me which left the following morning and was quickly replaced by another one. Meanwhile the entire back area was empty. At check in I was repeatedly told how "pristine" the park is. Again, not so. There was rutted grass, cracked asphalt, unlevel sites and lawn areas, etc. The dog area is run down and full of huge fire ant piles. The last day we were here my family and I used the very nice pool area. It started to rain. The owner comes skidding into the parking area next to the pool and starts screaming "everyone out of the pool!" We thought there was some sort of local tornado alert or something but it was just a brief summer shower. He then began to berate me and asked if I had read the pool rules. When I said I hadn't, he started yelling that its Georgia law that you cannot be in the pool if its raining and he was "going to be fined $5,000!" He then told me when I return I was "to read every single rule!" No worries there, I won't be returning. This is over-rated and poorly run. Mostly long-term workers and the web-site is not accurate. Don't say I didn't warn you! We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Locally: "The Brick" restaurant is a nice bar and grill with great Wings!

Alicia Dallago, manager at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground responded to this review

We are sorry you feel that way. Other guests feel very differently

Featured Campgrounds Near Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

One of the best private parks I have stayed in. The restrooms are new and very clean. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Nice little town with old southern homes and a nice little shopping district

We are glad you liked what Milledgeville and us have to offer. Please visit us again soon

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $43.00

We stayed at this RV park last year and enjoyed it, so made plans for a family reunion this month. However, we have several family members living in Jacksonville, NC and had to cancel due to the devastation many of our family members needed help with. We paid for the whole 5 days to get the campsites we wanted. Seven days before we were supposed to go, I called to cancel and was told there would be NO refund. The policy emailed clearly stated to cancel before two days to receive a full refund. I called, the next day and received a 50% refund. All I can say is obviously the written policies are wrong and unfortunately they made a profit from Hurricane Florence. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

The battery on my towed was dead on our arrival and the park had a employee jump start us. The staff is great. The park is well maintained with rolling landscape. Did not use the pool. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel
Fire Ring

Don't go to the Club to eat

Thank you for noticing our great staff. The club house is available to our guests 24-7 We do cook dinner for our workcampers every Wednesday night, but we do not serve any food to our guests

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $39.00

Clean and very well maintained park. Monthly rate is $400 + electricity; no contract. The owners and staff are incredible. They have two dog bath stations and a small dog park. The park roads are paved which I really liked. There are hiking paths and several ponds stocked with fish; borrow fishing poles from the office. Nearby historic Milledgeville provides a cool Main Street and tours of civil war era buildings. Other campers said that this was the best RV Park in Georgia. One camper commented that the laundry room was the cleanest that she ever seen. Location wise, you're 2 hours SE of Atlanta or 2 hours NW of Savannah/Tybee Island. Also 6 1/2 hours North of Tampa. Lots of green space in the park. Highly recommend this park! We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Definitely see historic Milledgeville (3 1/2 miles away) with restaurants and watering holes. Take the historic trolley tour which includes the Georgia Military Academy. A beautiful, river walk/sidewalk is near the historic district. Also check out the grounds of the nearby "Central State Hospital" opened in 1842. In the 1960s, it was considered the largest mental hospital in the world with 2,000 acres/200 buildings. There are also 3 colleges nearby. Enjoy!

We are happy to know that you were able to enjoy not only what MIlledgeville and us have to offer, but also the great area that surround us.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Very nice park. Great staff. Good paved roads. Level gravel pull through site (8). Clean and we'll maintained. Nicely landscaped. Good WiFi and ATT cell reception. Nice laundry room. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are happy with what we have to offer and with our hand picked dedicated staff and our Wi-Fi. We hope to see you again very soon

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $27.00

Very clean. If you ever come this way, you need to stay. Management is very friendly. All landscaping manicured very well. Lots are very large. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Thank you for your recommendation. We hope to see you again soon.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

Second time at Scenic Mountain, Under new ownership this time, its a very nice little campground. And the restaurants in the area and in Milledgeville are great. We only stayed over night this trip but will return. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Thank you for your review. It makes us happy to know that guests like you, plan to come back.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $39.00

Great park. Well maintained. Wi-Fi worked great, best we have every had. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Milledgeville is 4 miles from camp. Lots of history there. Capital of Georgia during civil war. Wal Mart superstore not to far away. Great park off of US 441.

Thank you for your kind words. Please come back soon

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $36.00

Awesomely nice park! Beautifully kept, spacious well spaced sites. Owners live on the grounds and make sure you are well taken care of. I'm very relaxed here. I'll be back again for a longer stay. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Mall and groceries on one end of town. Downtown Main St small shops, restaurants, historic buildings and Georgia College on the other side of town.

It makes us very happy to know that you like what we have to offer and that you are planning to visit us again. Please come back soon

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

Very nice RV park. The sites are very large and level. We had a pull thru and it was really nice. We had more than enough room for our rig. We went on a hike through the campgounds and it was really nice and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and super friendly. We would recommend this to anyone and when we're in the area will stay here again. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

There is lots to see and do around Milledgeville. Lots of restaurants and shopping. Plus, Lake Sinclair is nearby.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for your review. We are very glad you are planning to visit us again. Please come back soon

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $38.00

New owners have made big improvements -- level roomy lot, nice landscaping, truly "scenic" from a high point in the city, quiet. Good value. We camped at Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Thank you for your review. Please visit us again soon

Featured Campgrounds Near Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground

Are you affiliated with Scenic Mountain RV Park & Campground ?