Savannah South KOA

• Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $44.00

Great overnight stop - close to I-95. Selected waterfront/50 amp site which gave us more room than the other sites in the park. Good cable and WiFi. Very convenient store right across the street to pick up food and sundry items. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Motorhome.

Waterfront

Select a waterfront site and watch the abundant wildlife. They have a resident flock of swans on the lake.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

Stayed in the park for 5 nights. The staff was very friendly, showed to site and assisted with parking. Very easy in and out and less than a mile off interstate. Some comments with made about being close, but you have room to sit outside and no problems with parking. We will stay again. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Motorhome.

Look up the Ice Cream Shop in Richmond Hills, great ice cream and great price.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

We can usually count on a KOA to be a better quality campground. I am sorry to say this one did not meet our expectations.

We stayed at this KOA for 5 days over the July 4th weekend. The campground is located on a very busy road that is difficult to pull out onto with a large RV. The pull through site that we were assigned was not large enough to accommodate our motorhome and car. I had to park my car sideways in front of the motorhome to avoid sticking out into the main road. The sites are also too close together. I barely had room to put the awning out without overhanging the next site. The sewer drain for the neighboring site was next to my picnic table. Fortunately the person in that site didn't put their sewer hose out until the morning they were leaving. The shower stalls were small and the restrooms should have been cleaned more frequently on a busy holiday weekend. The pool was clean but was too small for this size campground. The pool was overcrowded most of the time we were there. The shuffleboard courts were very difficult to get to and we had to go to the office and find someone to clean the leaves and branches off before we could play. There is a very nice pond with ducks and geese and wildlife. The problem is you would have to walk through another campsite to get to the pond. That is something we would not do. There is a permanent section and a short stay section in this park. The permanent section is located in the back of the park and large and vehicles go in and out all day and cause excessive traffic by the short stay sites. When we inquired about a specific restaurant in the area the staff in the office made no attempt to help us locate it. The best I can say is the WIFI worked OK most of the time. I will not choose this campground if I visit the Savannah area again. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

The "Old Town Trolley" is a good bargain and the best way to tour the historic squares of Savannah. You can get on and off the trolley at your convenience to do more exploring as you wish. The tour guides are very knowledgeable and accommodating.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $38.00

We have stayed here many times before. This time on the road I called ahead early am to secure a site with the size of rig and tow vehicle. When we arrived they put us onto a site that fit the rig but not the pick up truck. I parked in the small site next to us, as long as no one showed up to use it. I asked to move to another site but staff didn't seem to want to do that even though there was no one on the sites that I was asking about. I believe staff should be able to move to a better site to accomadate the size of the rig and tow vehicle if the site that they assigned isn't big enough. I saw a small 15 to 17 foot scamper type trailer on a site that was way bigger than they needed and we were on a site that we fit but just barely. I later watched another fifth wheel attempt to pull into a site that he had to back into a site that he could have fit better only to pull forwards into a small site that was assigned him. He didn't have enough room to make the turn into his site without hitting a motor home on the other side of road. Not a great way to end the day after having been on the road for many hours to have this king of agrevation, very poor. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Going into Savannah was the highlight of our stay here. I enjoy our visits to this city and in the future I may look elsewhere for a better campground.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $44.00

This is a good campground for an overnight stay. Sites are on top of each other. Our sewer connection was under the picnic table for the site next door. We would not have been able to open our awning if we wanted. Staff at check-in weren't rude, but they were not friendly either. Just wanted to take our payment. We were guided to our site which is a good thing as the roads are fairly tight. With all of the other great campgrounds in the area, especially Skidaway, I would not suggest this CG for anything more than a one nighter. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $39.00

Easy on/off highway. A little tight but doable for our 45' motorhome. Nicely stocked store. Good WiFi. A little pricey for what you get. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $39.00

Everything was as expected, however it was the very first time at a KOA. So when I say expected, it was based on reviews I had read. I am new to camping, but very pleased with the helpfulness of the staff.

Lot spacing was very close and mostly shady. Site surface was dirt and sand, featuring a picnic table. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Sand

Only stated one night, but we needed dinner. Went to a local Rib Joint. Amazing ribs, albeit looks like fast food, based in a mini plaza combo gas station, right by Sub Way. Don't be fooled by appearances the ribs were great, as was the service. I think the name was Smokin Pig...east out of KOA under 95 on left.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $39.00

The camp ground has been well reviewed. The staff is as good or better than any other KOA we have visited. They we friendly and quite helpful. We were guided to our site. The grounds are well kept and very clean. The power is good as is the WiFi. Water pressure is 50 psi to my regulator. Hookups are close and easy. The camp store has good hours and even has some beer and wine - nice touch.
The location is great for pulling off of I-95 in transient. It is also excellent as a base for exploring Savannah, which is what we did. We were here for four nights. That's the good news.
The not so good - but not a deal breaker: The sites are generally quite close. Too close for sitting out by a fire or grill. Just a bit too close for me. Unless you are traveling through or have places to visit, this is not a "destination" camp ground. It is not a quite setting. We could hear road noise as well as trains at night. OK in February, but maybe not so in warmer months with the windows open.
All in all I would come here again. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Visit Savannah. It's well worth a few nights stay.
When you get off of Rt I-95. Look for the KOA sign just a mile up the road on the left. My GPS wanted me to go beyond it and make a U-turn. It is not necessary as a left turn into the KOA is very easy.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $39.00

We pulled in without reservations, but they were friendly and fit us in no problem. The pull throughs were great. They are working on upgrades but still comfortable. The backside of the campground has a lake/pond with great birding views. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $43.00

Friendly staff; sandy lots; a little close spaces. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $37.00

Though the sites were close together, they were shaded and level. The view of the pond was lovely. We were only there one night, but we have scheduled to return in March 2016 and there is a discount price for the weekly stay. The truly free WiFi and cable worked well. The store and laundry facility were clean and well appointed. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Motorhome.

near the office

They have a trolley tour bus stop at the camp office for Savannah. It is one of the things that is bringing us back in March 2016.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $37.00

Beautiful campground on two small ponds. Ours had a great view of the water and wild life. Staff was onsite working all the time to keep things neat. Front half of campground houses short term and the back half appeared to have full time residents. Good location if you are touring Savannah. Would stay here again. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $48.00

Sites are Close together. Staff is friendly. I was escorted to site. Later they put a large motor home with toad next to me so I could not pull through to leave. He didn't uncouple his toad and even stuck out into the road on a corner site. Come on KOA, think ahead about the exit plans for those of us with trailers. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Convenient to I-95. Not as close to downtown as others but it is clean.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $45.00

The staff is so super helpful and friendly that I feel bad saying anything negative . But, we reserved sites months ago to meet friends and they "weren't available" when we got there. We were put on the main road into the campground and the sites were so tight that our friends could not open their awning all the way. Not fun, as it rained all 3 days we were there . I checked out the sites we reserved and while not large, would have given us more space. The kids playground was 10 ft from our door, but there were no kids in the campground so at least it was quiet from that standpoint. Now the real issue, traffic. The back of this campground is long term RV residents, lots of long term residents, and a "village" of cabins, lots of cabins, and the traffic in and out of this area never stops. Day and night, cars, trucks and golf carts coming and going right by our sites. Noisy, stinky, distracting and unacceptable. I'm sorry to say we won't return. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $40.00

Staff was pleasant & helpful. Roads fairly narrow but more than manageable. But they are 2-way. Need to watch out when leaving campground you may meet someone else trying to leave at the same time.
Trash picked up daily and plenty of park presence by staff.
Good electric. Our site had the services at the back of the site & we needed 25' of sewer hose. Had stayed here before just for an overnight, convenient to I-95 and stayed 3 nights this time. Lake had many swans, geese and other water fowl. Will saty again. Didn't have enough time to see all we wanted to do in the area. We camped at Savannah South KOA in a Motorhome.

Nearby, Very Close

Take one of the tour buses in Savannah. Worth the money to get an overview.
Lots of things to do and see, places to eat in town and near the campground.

Are you affiliated with Savannah South KOA?