Whispering Pines Campground

Recent Rate: $40 11/2016

Longitude: -81.262017169617
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Banquet Facilities Banquet Facilities yes
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Beach Access Beach Access yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $40.00

Not a bad stop for a short visit to Savannah. Nothing special to note. Sites are dirt / grass. Most are tightly spaced. Very quiet area.

Just passing thru on way to southern Florida. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Plenty of restaurants and fuel within 4 miles. Savannah is 10 to 13 miles away. Good roads all around.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $32.00

This is not a destination park, but as a stopping off place to visit Savannah or as an overnight stop it is more than satisfactory.

The staff were friendly and the pull through sites were easy to manage. Laundry was good and access to the highway and Savannah was easy. The sites were very narrow and the picnic tables should have been replaced a long time ago. The pond was a bit of a mess, but one of the owners told me they had not owned this park long and were trying to make improvements.

I would stay here again if visiting Savannah. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

pull through row

Easy access to shopping and restaurants. Savannah, Georgia is a lot of fun.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $40.00

Strike 1: The clerk I spoke to told me 1 to 1-1/2 miles from the I-95 exit. My GPS was telling me otherwise, but I don't always believe it. We went over 6 miles from the interstate through two-lane residential streets before reaching the park. Had I known the distance, I never would have chosen this park. It's not suitable for an overnight.

Strike 2: No one was in the office when I arrived. On the door was a list of available sites,the price, and a faint,hard-to-read map that was a challenge. No info on cable channels or Wi-Fi codes. Because we had pulled up to the registration office, per the sign, we overshot the entrance to the pull-through sites and had to navigate the park's perimeter to pull into our site. The roads were narrow, bumpy, and pothole-filled. We finally arrived at our site. It was dirt with a few intrepid blades of grass. Even messier, I'm sure, with rain. It was bad enough dry. We tracked so much dirt into the motorhome just in the short time there. Not completely level but manageable. Site was long enough but narrow. No one was next to us; otherwise, it would be tight. Hook ups were placed correctly, at least. Cable worked well, but I couldn't get onto the Wi-Fi without the closely guarded password. I didn't use the restrooms or laundry.

Strike 3: Many older, permanent campers were mixed in with mobile homes. Some had years of clutter surrounding them. Not very appealing.

This park was not worth 40 dollars per night, especially when I factor in the cost of diesel fuel for the 12 round trip miles to reach this out-of-the way location. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $1.00

The Restrooms looked like they had never been cleaned. Not impressed at all. Mildew and dirty sinks and floor and garbage not emptied We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $32.00

Park is small but well maintained. Staff is courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful in all matters. Park is quite and has two areas. Monthly's, and nightly/weekly. Monthly area was extremely quite. Pet owners are made to adhere to all park rules, leash, and quite. Only complaint with park is WiFi is not available at lot and is weak at best even at office. However, cell reception is great and hotspot cards works well. Very enjoyable stay! We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2012 - $36.00

We stayed here as an overnight stop coming up I-95. I had seen a recommendation for them on a forum that I frequent but really didn't do any research. Our GPS directions seemed to take what felt like a long way to get to the campground (differing from a sign that Whispering Pines had put up at an intersection). Coming back out, it did feel like it was quicker than going in. That said, we also had a screaming 7 month old on the way in. I only talked to the staff via phone ahead of time - I tried to make a reservation, but it was more of a "Yeah, we should have sites." without a definite reservation. I asked about after-hours check-ins and the woman said that they leave a list of sites on the office door. Not very confidence inspiring that we would have a site - but in reality, it turned out to be a non-issue. The sign on the door indicated the free sites for pull-thru sites (all up front, closest to the road) and the back-ins (back towards their lake). Payment was leaving cash in an envelope dropped in the mail slot. The office was closed for the New Year's holiday. The pull-through sites were quite close together, but for an overnight stop, I didn't mind. We had 50amp service, sewer hookup, and water - all convenient. The site was perfectly level side to side with no leveling boards needed. and close enough front to back that we didn't disconnect from the truck. We did have to raise the pin up to where most of the weight was off of the truck. I didn't explore the campground except for a quick last-minute bathroom stop before we got on the road. They were large, clean, and warm. The showers appeared to be clean enough. We are a 58 1/2 big rig but they had plenty of maneuvering room for the pull throughs and parking overnight. I'd stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $30.00

We stayed here while visiting the Savannah and Tybee Island area. Our site was on the lake and easy to back into. They have several pull through sites but we liked the lake view sites and all of them are back-in sites. The site was level and had a concrete pad. Utilities worked well. The TV cable works fine but the channels are limited. We were told that internet was available at the office but we didn't use it so we can't comment on it. The lady at the office was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $35.00

We stayed one night while traveling down I95. It seemed a little further off I95 then advertised by the route marked. It is a clean campsite but sites are very close together in the pull through area. There is very friendly staff and we would stay there again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $36.00

Considering that this is about the only place to stay in the area, not a bad overnight stop. The price was a little excessive considering the lack of shade and that there was no table at our site (several of the long term occupants had appropriated them). What there were plenty of were the fire ants. Office staff seemed indifferent. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Ned

Date of Stay: October, 2008 - $31.00

This park is a few miles off the interstate, but not difficult to find. We asked for a satellite friendly site and were given a gravel site on the lake, well away from the highway and traffic. Interior roads are gravel with some potholes, but the staff was filling them in as needed. We paid for a week as it was cheaper than 6 days at the daily rate, at the suggestion of the manager. We would stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $34.00

Wi-Fi only avail to just a few sites right next to office. Have to take laptop to laundry room or sit out front. We stayed in back by the lake. Lake is pretty clear in the sand/swim area. Nice dock for fishing/swimming. Clubhouse w/pool table. Swings and teeter-tooter. Covered pavilion. Office staff not very friendly nor willing to work with you. Definitely agree w/other reviews on the gossip factor. Not our favorite place to stay, don't know if we'll stay there again. We were there for 3 weeks. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $30.00

Good CG if you are looking to visit Savannah. The WiFi is only available if your site is close to the office. The office help was helpful. Some of the sites do not have a pad. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $34.00

The staff was extremely unprofessional. The few times I went into the office, they were busy gossiping about other campers and did not stop talking until their gossip session was finished. That led me to believe that after I left, that they would be gossiping about me also. There is a horrible ant problem that although I advised the office staff, nothing was done about it. The wireless internet did not work after I had been assured that it was up and running. The next time we travel thru this area, you can be sure we will NOT stay at this park. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this park unless you want to be the topic of conversation in the office. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $34.00

We were totally unhappy with the park, grass in the park was not kept up and trash on the beach and fish hooks on the beach and on pier. When I was in the office getting a few supplies the older lady behind the counter, and another lady who must of been staying there or living there, were talking about other campers well not talking but gossiping. Then, when I put my things on the counter, the lady behind the counter was rude to me so I left, it was totally uncalled for. We will not come back to this park again We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $31.00

This is an excellent over night park. Most campers seem to be seasonal, although several came in at night. Lots of shade, gravel and level sites. The price seems to about right. We would stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Skidaway Island State Park

Biltmore RV Park

Sunshine RV Park

Savannah, Georgia

Are you affiliated with Whispering Pines Campground?