Whispering Pines Campground

Rincon, Georgia

Longitude: -81.2620171696167

• yes-lake Waterfront

treerichard

Park is small but well maintained. Staff is courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful in all matters. Park is quite and has two areas. Monthly's, and nightly/weekly. Monthly area was extremely quite. Pet owners are made to adhere to all park rules, leash, and quite. Only complaint with park is WiFi is not available at lot and is weak at best even at office. However, cell reception is great and hotspot cards works well. Very enjoyable stay! We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

LearnToRV-com

We stayed here as an overnight stop coming up I-95. I had seen a recommendation for them on a forum that I frequent but really didn't do any research. Our GPS directions seemed to take what felt like a long way to get to the campground (differing from a sign that Whispering Pines had put up at an intersection). Coming back out, it did feel like it was quicker than going in. That said, we also had a screaming 7 month old on the way in. I only talked to the staff via phone ahead of time - I tried to make a reservation, but it was more of a "Yeah, we should have sites." without a definite reservation. I asked about after-hours check-ins and the woman said that they leave a list of sites on the office door. Not very confidence inspiring that we would have a site - but in reality, it turned out to be a non-issue. The sign on the door indicated the free sites for pull-thru sites (all up front, closest to the road) and the back-ins (back towards their lake). Payment was leaving cash in an envelope dropped in the mail slot. The office was closed for the New Year's holiday. The pull-through sites were quite close together, but for an overnight stop, I didn't mind. We had 50amp service, sewer hookup, and water - all convenient. The site was perfectly level side to side with no leveling boards needed. and close enough front to back that we didn't disconnect from the truck. We did have to raise the pin up to where most of the weight was off of the truck. I didn't explore the campground except for a quick last-minute bathroom stop before we got on the road. They were large, clean, and warm. The showers appeared to be clean enough. We are a 58 1/2 big rig but they had plenty of maneuvering room for the pull throughs and parking overnight. I'd stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

dandg

We stayed here while visiting the Savannah and Tybee Island area. Our site was on the lake and easy to back into. They have several pull through sites but we liked the lake view sites and all of them are back-in sites. The site was level and had a concrete pad. Utilities worked well. The TV cable works fine but the channels are limited. We were told that internet was available at the office but we didn't use it so we can't comment on it. The lady at the office was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

BarbO1999

We stayed one night while traveling down I95. It seemed a little further off I95 then advertised by the route marked. It is a clean campsite but sites are very close together in the pull through area. There is very friendly staff and we would stay there again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

BUFFdrvr

Considering that this is about the only place to stay in the area, not a bad overnight stop. The price was a little excessive considering the lack of shade and that there was no table at our site (several of the long term occupants had appropriated them). What there were plenty of were the fire ants. Office staff seemed indifferent. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Ned

This park is a few miles off the interstate, but not difficult to find. We asked for a satellite friendly site and were given a gravel site on the lake, well away from the highway and traffic. Interior roads are gravel with some potholes, but the staff was filling them in as needed. We paid for a week as it was cheaper than 6 days at the daily rate, at the suggestion of the manager. We would stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

GetWatkins

Wi-Fi only avail to just a few sites right next to office. Have to take laptop to laundry room or sit out front. We stayed in back by the lake. Lake is pretty clear in the sand/swim area. Nice dock for fishing/swimming. Clubhouse w/pool table. Swings and teeter-tooter. Covered pavilion. Office staff not very friendly nor willing to work with you. Definitely agree w/other reviews on the gossip factor. Not our favorite place to stay, don't know if we'll stay there again. We were there for 3 weeks. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Don&Betty

Good CG if you are looking to visit Savannah. The WiFi is only available if your site is close to the office. The office help was helpful. Some of the sites do not have a pad. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Jodene

We were totally unhappy with the park, grass in the park was not kept up and trash on the beach and fish hooks on the beach and on pier. When I was in the office getting a few supplies the older lady behind the counter, and another lady who must of been staying there or living there, were talking about other campers well not talking but gossiping. Then, when I put my things on the counter, the lady behind the counter was rude to me so I left, it was totally uncalled for. We will not come back to this park again We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

octlady45

The staff was extremely unprofessional. The few times I went into the office, they were busy gossiping about other campers and did not stop talking until their gossip session was finished. That led me to believe that after I left, that they would be gossiping about me also. There is a horrible ant problem that although I advised the office staff, nothing was done about it. The wireless internet did not work after I had been assured that it was up and running. The next time we travel thru this area, you can be sure we will NOT stay at this park. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this park unless you want to be the topic of conversation in the office. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

ronscarbor

This is an excellent over night park. Most campers seem to be seasonal, although several came in at night. Lots of shade, gravel and level sites. The price seems to about right. We would stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Stan47

Whispering Pines was in the process of a change of ownership last time we were there, about five years ago. The new owners have done well by the place, adding a row of pull-through sites near the entrance: a great convenience both to overnighters and long-term guests in the remainder of the park. The host family is a pleasant bunch, and such rules as are posted are loosely enforced. The posted rule on dogs bans dogs weighing more than 30 pounds. Our three (springer, pointer, standard poodle) weigh between 35 and 60 pounds, but I was not challenged about them. I was able to exercise the pointer by playing fetch with him in an open area of the park, with no objections. (He is off-lead when we do this, but controlled by an electronic collar.) The laundry is clean, but expensive, especially since washers are small capacity types. The park has free wi-fi, but it is accessible only in the vicinity of the office. The host told me they had to cut back the system's range because too many neighbors outside the camp were piggybacking on it, slowing it down. Since the weather was fairly pleasant during our stay, I did not mind sitting on a bench while checking email. I would have been equally welcome to set up in the office or laundry. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Skip and Norine

Although it's nothing fancy, this is a nice little park close to Savannah with all the necessities (i.e., full hookups). The roads are somewhat "paved" (being basically ribbons of asphalt as opposed to actual "paving"), the grounds are fairly clean (scattered piles of dog waste notwithstanding), and the staff is friendly. The laundry facilities are nice and all the machines worked. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

ebdavis

Very nice, quiet and friendly park which seemed in May to cater mostly to big rig seasonals. Only two toilets and two showers for each gender; however, as most people are in big rigs, it works out OK. A very easy 25-minute drive to the visitors’ centre if you follow the map/instructions provided by the staff. Our site seemed to be the only one without a concrete patio and a picnic table, forcing me to kneel before the barbeque god while cooking supper. I really appreciated the staff warning me of the snakes on one of the walking paths. The minor annoyances notwithstanding, it’s a great base from which to explore a terrific city. We will be back. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

dmheimel

We spent a month in the park while visitng the Savannah area. The park is a clean, well manicured facility with a friendly and helpful staff The monthly rate earned us the $13 rate. Fee included free cable TV too. We will return to this park when we visit Savannah in the future. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

East Haven RV Park

Winter Haven, Florida

Petersburg COE

Appling, Georgia

Edmund RV Park

Lexington, South Carolina

Are you affiliated with Whispering Pines Campground?