Whispering Pines Campground

Rincon, Georgia

Rincon, Georgia

• Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "Whispering Pines Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $27.00

30 amp, W&E site only. FHU sites were very expensive considering the park. I suppose the proximity to Savannah warrants the high prices but I didn't feel this park was worth $50/night. Cable TV included but WIFI was basically useless. 30 amp hookup was not strong. Staff very nice and helpful. I doubt we would return since we only stopped here to visit the Mighty 8th Air Force museum down the road. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Savannah is nearby and the Might 8th Air Force Museum @ exit 102 off I-95 is definitely worth the visit.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $50.00

I made a reservation a month in advance and was assigned a specific site # which was close to some friends we were meeting there at the beginning of a3 week trip. When I got there they gave me another site not close to our friends. I inquired as to why and they said they had problems with one of their sites and moved one of their monthly customers into the site I was assigned. No call no nothing. I paid $50 for a site that I barely fit in. Very poor service in my opinion. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $24.00

Not a resort by all means. Crowded with rv's very close. Choose a site without sewer for $24 otherwise it would have been $40 for a site. Only there for 3 days, didn't make much since to charge that much extra for sewer. Connection pole for my 50 amp was bent over like someone hit sometime before but never fixed. Also had to run all connection under my rv to connect cause power pole was on wrong side. Good side people were friendly, laundry room was very clean and modern, wifi and cable decent.. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Town of Rincon not to far with everything you need...

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $24.00

Stayed overnight...family lives in area. Clean and quiet. Grass spot with ants in many places; didn't spend time outside so wasn't a problem. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

We entered from i95 to hwy 21 and left on hwy 30...etc. good roads and east turns to RV site and back to 95.

Featured Campgrounds Near Whispering Pines Campground

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

Stayed here for 3 nights on a gravel back in site by the lake. This is a nice park but time and lack of upkeep is taking its toll. The sites are tight and I would only recommend this park for a short stay when in Savannah. If you are planning a stay here request a site by the lake as the sites in the front portion of the park are noisy with the highway traffic and the sites there seemed congested. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $39.00

I stayed at Whispering Pines on Site 59 pull thru. I camped in a 45' Monaco HR with 4-Slide outs. I camped at W.P.CG from March 2017 to August 2017 while working at Gulfstream Aerospace in Savannah Georgia. This is a nice campground for an overnight and is a conveyance to the freeway I-95. It is also a nice campground for long term or weekly stay. The campground and area is safe. There is a nice picnic area and lake for swimming and fishing on site. On my Verizon cell phone I had 3-4 Bars and LTE was excellent. My roof dome HD Dish acquired all 3 satellites. The laundry room was clean, and had affordable machines. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. Do be aware of ants in your camper if under trees and sandy sites. The Wifi reception was poor to fair, The cable TV was fuzzy on some channels. My power was good (50-Amps), However several other sites experienced problems while I was there. No septic issues were encountered while I camped there. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

15 minutes from Whispering Pines Campground is the town of Rincon GA. There is a Walmart, Kroger & Lowes. South of Rincon off of the Freeway I-95 is the town of Pooler GA with many eaterys and shopping centers. Theaters included.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $40.00

Not a bad stop for a short visit to Savannah. Nothing special to note. Sites are dirt / grass. Most are tightly spaced. Very quiet area.

Just passing thru on way to southern Florida. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Plenty of restaurants and fuel within 4 miles. Savannah is 10 to 13 miles away. Good roads all around.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $32.00

This is not a destination park, but as a stopping off place to visit Savannah or as an overnight stop it is more than satisfactory.

The staff were friendly and the pull through sites were easy to manage. Laundry was good and access to the highway and Savannah was easy. The sites were very narrow and the picnic tables should have been replaced a long time ago. The pond was a bit of a mess, but one of the owners told me they had not owned this park long and were trying to make improvements.

I would stay here again if visiting Savannah. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

pull through row

Easy access to shopping and restaurants. Savannah, Georgia is a lot of fun.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $1.00

The Restrooms looked like they had never been cleaned. Not impressed at all. Mildew and dirty sinks and floor and garbage not emptied We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $40.00

Strike 1: The clerk I spoke to told me 1 to 1-1/2 miles from the I-95 exit. My GPS was telling me otherwise, but I don't always believe it. We went over 6 miles from the interstate through two-lane residential streets before reaching the park. Had I known the distance, I never would have chosen this park. It's not suitable for an overnight.

Strike 2: No one was in the office when I arrived. On the door was a list of available sites,the price, and a faint,hard-to-read map that was a challenge. No info on cable channels or Wi-Fi codes. Because we had pulled up to the registration office, per the sign, we overshot the entrance to the pull-through sites and had to navigate the park's perimeter to pull into our site. The roads were narrow, bumpy, and pothole-filled. We finally arrived at our site. It was dirt with a few intrepid blades of grass. Even messier, I'm sure, with rain. It was bad enough dry. We tracked so much dirt into the motorhome just in the short time there. Not completely level but manageable. Site was long enough but narrow. No one was next to us; otherwise, it would be tight. Hook ups were placed correctly, at least. Cable worked well, but I couldn't get onto the Wi-Fi without the closely guarded password. I didn't use the restrooms or laundry.

Strike 3: Many older, permanent campers were mixed in with mobile homes. Some had years of clutter surrounding them. Not very appealing.

This park was not worth 40 dollars per night, especially when I factor in the cost of diesel fuel for the 12 round trip miles to reach this out-of-the way location. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $32.00

Park is small but well maintained. Staff is courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful in all matters. Park is quite and has two areas. Monthly's, and nightly/weekly. Monthly area was extremely quite. Pet owners are made to adhere to all park rules, leash, and quite. Only complaint with park is WiFi is not available at lot and is weak at best even at office. However, cell reception is great and hotspot cards works well. Very enjoyable stay! We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2012 - $36.00

We stayed here as an overnight stop coming up I-95. I had seen a recommendation for them on a forum that I frequent but really didn't do any research. Our GPS directions seemed to take what felt like a long way to get to the campground (differing from a sign that Whispering Pines had put up at an intersection). Coming back out, it did feel like it was quicker than going in. That said, we also had a screaming 7 month old on the way in. I only talked to the staff via phone ahead of time - I tried to make a reservation, but it was more of a "Yeah, we should have sites." without a definite reservation. I asked about after-hours check-ins and the woman said that they leave a list of sites on the office door. Not very confidence inspiring that we would have a site - but in reality, it turned out to be a non-issue. The sign on the door indicated the free sites for pull-thru sites (all up front, closest to the road) and the back-ins (back towards their lake). Payment was leaving cash in an envelope dropped in the mail slot. The office was closed for the New Year's holiday. The pull-through sites were quite close together, but for an overnight stop, I didn't mind. We had 50amp service, sewer hookup, and water - all convenient. The site was perfectly level side to side with no leveling boards needed. and close enough front to back that we didn't disconnect from the truck. We did have to raise the pin up to where most of the weight was off of the truck. I didn't explore the campground except for a quick last-minute bathroom stop before we got on the road. They were large, clean, and warm. The showers appeared to be clean enough. We are a 58 1/2 big rig but they had plenty of maneuvering room for the pull throughs and parking overnight. I'd stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $30.00

We stayed here while visiting the Savannah and Tybee Island area. Our site was on the lake and easy to back into. They have several pull through sites but we liked the lake view sites and all of them are back-in sites. The site was level and had a concrete pad. Utilities worked well. The TV cable works fine but the channels are limited. We were told that internet was available at the office but we didn't use it so we can't comment on it. The lady at the office was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $35.00

We stayed one night while traveling down I95. It seemed a little further off I95 then advertised by the route marked. It is a clean campsite but sites are very close together in the pull through area. There is very friendly staff and we would stay there again. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $36.00

Considering that this is about the only place to stay in the area, not a bad overnight stop. The price was a little excessive considering the lack of shade and that there was no table at our site (several of the long term occupants had appropriated them). What there were plenty of were the fire ants. Office staff seemed indifferent. We camped at Whispering Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Whispering Pines Campground

Are you affiliated with Whispering Pines Campground ?